PDA

View Full Version : No Gaffney.....then get Stokely back!

Superchop 7
07-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Brandon Stokely just backed out of a deal with the Redskins. I want him back......especially after playing lights out in the playoffs.......the guy is money with the game on the line.

Bugs Baloney
07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Brandon Stokely just backed out of a deal with the Redskins. I want him back......especially after playing lights out in the playoffs.......the guy is money with the game on the line.

he's also like 60 something.... :confused:

SR
07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
No thanks. Eric Decker will do just fine.

G_Money
07-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Very interested to see Decker as the starter. Liked him better than DT on draft day, and so so far he's looked good in the League.

I was happy to have Stokely...but I don't feel like we need him. How many passing options do we figure Tebow is gonna go through in his progressions anyway before he takes off running?

"Lloyd's covered, Royal's double covered, I can't find Decker...time to go."

*shrugs* I feel all right about our wideout situation.

~G

MileHighCrew
07-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I loved Stokley, I wish him well, but his time as a Bronco is over.

Superchop 7
07-28-2011, 01:45 PM
The McDaniels supporters have spoken......but heres a thought......what if he gets hurt? I realize he is an iron man and all........

LTC Pain
07-28-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm satisifed with with Willis and Davis behind Lloyd/Royal/Decker unitil DT makes it back halfway through these season. I'd be surprised if we signed Stokely.

MileHighCrew
07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
The McDaniels supporters have spoken......but heres a thought......what if he gets hurt? I realize he is an iron man and all........

I so hope I wasn't included in the fanclub, I have no love for josh

Superchop 7
07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Just reminds me of McDaniels......actions speak louder than words.......McDaniels actions from day 1 were arrogant and assinine. Stokelys actions......what I see on the field......outstanding receiver.......can adjust his route to a badly thrown ball better than 95% of NFL receivers.......hands? outstanding.........route running? outstanding.......quickness? outstanding. Their is a reason he was a one man wrecking crew for Seattle.

Stargazer
07-28-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd like to see him go to a team that can win a chip.

Mike
07-28-2011, 02:10 PM

WTH does not wanting Stokely have to do with being a McD supporter. McD should be kicked in the nuts for what he did to this team.

BeefStew25
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd like to see him go to a team that can win a chip.

I am with you. Plus I always admired his goatee.

rationalfan
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM

as much as i enjoy the occasional McD debate, don't reduce every single thing on the Broncos or this board to McD or Not McD. There's so much more to the broncos than one polarizing coach.

Superchop 7
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
The metaphor was "actions speak louder than words"........or in football lingo......"I would rather SEE one sermon than be preached a thousand"......there are people that are contrarians just for the hell of it.....what I know is this.......you can never have enough quality at the RB and WR position......people get hurt.........also.......the maturation of an NFL WR is typically 4 years. It makes too much sense to get a guy that knows the system and can help a young QB when he throws to the wrong spot on the field.

Bosco
07-29-2011, 04:32 AM
We just traded away one receiver, why sign another?

Superchop 7
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
We traded to get a DE that is very fast.

Ravage!!!
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
We just traded away one receiver, why sign another?

Thats why you sign another

Buff
07-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Stokley is a great 3rd down WR, but he is a waste of a roster spot at this stage in his career.

He doesn't play special teams, he doesn't have the speed to play anywhere other than the slot and he is extremely fragile...

If we were one slot WR away from being a good offense, then I'd go for it, but he doesn't fit with our needs at all.

Bosco
07-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Thats why you sign another

We already have a substantial amount of talented receivers and we'll probably move away from the 3 wide receiver base sets. Trying to sign another receiver of that caliber is rather pointless. Instead we should be looking at strictly reserve level receivers with special teams value.