PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! (From anyone in Jersey or NYC)

OldschoolFreak
11-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Before I recieve a lashing let me quickly say I know this is not strictly Broncos Talk and is probably therefore technically in the wrong forum. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

So I live in Denver and am therefore priveleged enough to see every Broncos game. Unfrtunately, I have to travel to New Jersey for work on Sunday and am landing at 1pm EST. Looked up the direct TV schedule and saw the Atlanta game isn't being shown in NJ. So...

Does anyone know of where I might find a bar with Sunday Ticket either-

1) in the Newark airport, or
2) very near by the airport I so don't have to miss much of the game?

Any input would be much appreciated.

NJBRONCOSINT24
11-13-2008, 05:52 PM
There is a bar right across the highway in the hotel that has all plasmas and the football package. Its the omni

I am actually in a suburb of this area. There is some really good bars a little farther away that i know will def show the games.

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Isn't is an early game? If so, you're screwed either way.

MOtorboat
11-13-2008, 05:59 PM

The games start at 1 in the east Joe. :wave:

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Dude lands at 1:00 - and that's IF the arrival is on-time. Not bloody likely.

Then, take into consideration getting his bags, finding a taxi, getting to the hotel, checking in, getting to his room, then trying to find a bar showing the game.

It's the 3rd quarter at best. You don't get out much, do you?

RunYouOver
11-13-2008, 06:03 PM

Yeah, but he's still not landing until 1 PM...so he'll likely miss the first half..

OldschoolFreak
11-13-2008, 06:04 PM

Yeah, I'll miss the begining but that's why I'm looking to stay close to the airport (or preferably at the airport).

MOtorboat
11-13-2008, 06:04 PM

Then, take into consideration getting his bags, finding a taxi, getting to the hotel, checking in, getting to his room, then trying to find a bar showing the game.

Never taken me more than 30 minutes to get out of DIA...one of the busiest airports in the country. Yes, I get out.

OldschoolFreak
11-13-2008, 06:05 PM

You're killing me here. Let's think positive. The flight's 10 minutes early and someone tells me there's a bar somewhere a the airport with Sunday ticket.

OldschoolFreak
11-13-2008, 06:06 PM
There is a bar right across the highway in the hotel that has all plasmas and the football package. Its the omni

I am actually in a suburb of this area. There is some really good bars a little farther away that i know will def show the games.

Thanks! I'll do this unless someone has an airport option to twell me about.

RunYouOver
11-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Never taken me more than 30 minutes to get out of DIA...one of the busiest airports in the country. Yes, I get out.

:laugh:

You've got to try getting in/out of Newark then...it's a mess, almost all the time.

To the OP: There's definitely places around the airport (not positive about IN), but you'll need some luck if you want to catch more than the 4th quarter.

OldschoolFreak
11-13-2008, 06:10 PM
:laugh:

You've got to try getting in/out of Newark then...it's a mess, almost all the time.

To the OP: There's definitely places around the airport (not positive about IN), but you'll need some luck if you want to catch more than the 4th quarter.

Look, no bags, Premier Executive so I'm the first one off the plane, Hertz Club Gold so the car's waiting for me with keys in the ignition. All I need is to find out where to go and I only miss half of the first quarter. Wish me luck!

RunYouOver
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Look, no bags, Premier Executive so I'm the first one off the plane, Hertz Club Gold so the car's waiting for me with keys in the ignition. All I need is to find out where to go and I only miss half of the first quarter. Wish me luck!

Oh, I'm wishing you luck, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't want any Broncos fan to miss the game (unless we were getting crushed), but there's almost always some sort of delay through Newark.

It sounds like you've got everything planned out though, so if everything's on time you're right, you won't miss more than the first half of the first quarter.

Can't help you out with Bars near the area though, sorry.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Looks like this one is close to airport:

http://www.professionaltravelguide.com/holiday-inn-newark-airport/hotels-501297

Also, check this:

http://newark.diningguide.com/dl1ap.htm

And this:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=796

NJBRONCOSINT24
11-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Sun Tavern, Westfield Ave, Roselle Park
Butch Kowls Route 27/St Georges Ave, Rahway - (FULL NFL PACKAGE)

If you PM me you can give me a call when you get into jersey and ill let you know how to get to them.

Those are places that are 20 minutes out and newark and very nice too. I have been to both.

BroncoTech
11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
forget direct TV and all that noise. Here's what you do. Go to http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=americanfootball
and although the game is not listed to be streamed yet it will be. Take your laptop and hit the free internet rooms at the airport and watch the stream.

Works for me.

RunYouOver
11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Sun Tavern, Westfield Ave, Roselle Park
Butch Kowls Route 27/St Georges Ave, Rahway - (FULL NFL PACKAGE)

If you PM me you can give me a call when you get into jersey and ill let you know how to get to them.

Those are places that are 20 minutes out and newark and very nice too. I have been to both.

I'll recommend that Sun Tavern...it's a little bit of a commute (but not too far) from the air port, but it's great. :beer: