PDA

View Full Version : Kreiger: Why The Warm Reception For Bell?

Pages : [1] 2

ikillz0mbies
11-11-2008, 12:56 PM
For those who want the Broncos to resign Tatum Bell, there's a chance that it may happen.

Tatum Bell working out for Broncos
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 11/11/2008 10:08:54 AM MST

The Broncos are taking a look at Tatum Bell.

The former Broncos tailback who rushed for 921 yards in 2005 and 1,025 yards in 2006 will work out for the team this morning, according to several NFL sources.

Bell would make sense given team's extraordinary injury predicament at tailback and his familiarity with the system.

At taiback, the Broncos have lost Michael Pittman, Andre Hall, and Ryan Torain to season-ending injuries and a fourth tailback, Selvin Young has been bothered the past month with a groin strain.

The Broncos selected Bell with their second-round pick in the 2004 draft. He averaged 5.3 yards a carry in his first two seasons, then reached the 1,000-yard threshold in his third. He was then traded to Detroit, along with right tackle George Foster, prior to last season in exchange for cornerback Dre' Bly.

Bell, 27, opened the 2008 preseason as the Lions' No. 1 tailback, but he was released Sept. 2.

jrelway
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
wouldnt hurt to bring him in. Hes been here before and hes better than what we currently have. Use hillis for the muscle and tatum for the runs to the outside. this is a sad year for our RB situation.

Jaws
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Everybody hide their possessions! ;)

MOtorboat
11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Everybody hide their possessions! ;)

Nah, don't worry about that. That will only happen if he gets cut.

Northman
11-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Now there's a guy with good character. Wait.......

shank
11-11-2008, 01:07 PM
vic lombardi says we signed him

BigDaddyBronco
11-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm not a big Tater fan, but I do think we need a vet RB right now for depth.

He knows the system and can be decent if he can hold onto the damn ball.

I really don't want Hillis to get beat up running the ball a lot, and Selvin has a hurt groin which takes forever to heal properly, so a disposable back like Tater makes sense IMHO.

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2008, 01:09 PM

:shocked:

Coaches: let's run some extra fumble recovery drills this week!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2008, 01:10 PM

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/tatum.bell.broncos.2.861628.html

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) ― Former Denver Broncos running back Tatum Bell has re-signed with the team that drafted him Tuesday, CBS4 Broncos Insider Vic Lombardi reports.

The move comes after Bell reportedly worked out for the team Tuesday morning.

Bell, 27, started this preseason with the Lions, but was cut on Sept. 2 and has been out of football since.

The Broncos picked Bell with the second-round of the 2004 draft.

Bell rushed for 921 yards in 2005 and 1,025 yards in 2006 with the Broncos.

Bell was then traded to Detroit before the 2007 season, along with right tackle George Foster, in exchange for cornerback Dre' Bly.

His return to Denver should boost a team that has seen several running backs suffer season-ending injuries.

Northman
11-11-2008, 01:12 PM
:shocked:

Coaches: let's run some extra fumble recovery drills this week!

No kidding. Our turnover ratio just went up by 2.

BigDaddyBronco
11-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Dang, Tmobile is going to have a hard time replacing Tatum. Assistant managers don't grow on trees. :D

MOtorboat
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Dang, Tmobile is going to have a hard time replacing Tatum. Assistant managers don't grow on trees. :D

You suppose they got anybody that can play linebacker?

underrated29
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I the ony one who sees how bad this guy sucks at running the ball for us. Unles we have a guy who can bruise and tire the defense down, bell blows. Yes, hillis could do that, but i am not sure if thats what we want him todo. I think they might move him back to FB with bell here.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Never been a big Tatum fan, but it certainly couldn't hurt to bring him in for a looksie.

turftoad
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I the ony one who sees how bad this guy sucks at running the ball for us. Unles we have a guy who can bruise and tire the defense down, bell blows. Yes, hillis could do that, but i am not sure if thats what we want him todo. I think they might move him back to FB with bell here.

Um.......... I don't think there are any studs out there for the picking.

I don't mind this at all. If, and I say if, Bell can hold onto the ball, he does give us a breakaway threat.

That said, who knows how much he will even see the ball.

Stop gap.

Buff
11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
In other news, Jay Cutler's wallet is missing.

Reidman
11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I knew this was going to happen...

Looks like it's definitely the year of the pass...

Day1BroncoFan
11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Will he play in more games that he has fumbles?

I think Tatum can be OK but he won't last long either.

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Well, I'm pulling for him. I've been a Tatum Bell fan since his days here at Oklahoma State. If he can keep from fumbling, he's at least as good as anything else we have at our disposal.

shank
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
he's pretty good when healthy and with two hands on the ball. i think he could have at least one good game before his toe starts hurting and he becomes completely ineffective.

soft. fumbles. bag thief. and we brought him back before mike bell... mike must have told shanny off when he got cut or something.

Buff
11-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

We've got a short yardage back in Hillis but we needed someone who could add some speed to the backfield. I look for him to get 5-10 carries this week if he really did sign today.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-11-2008, 01:26 PM
I support this move. Let's hope that Tatum can bring some explosiveness and veteran savvy to a team who needs some leadership at RB. FWIW, Peyton Hills just had his cleats stolen.

Day1BroncoFan
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
This is Tatums big chance to step up. Lets see how he does. I'll give him a chance if Shanny thinks he's worth it.

LRtagger
11-11-2008, 01:31 PM
it doesnt matter...we are going to throw the ball 50 times on Sunday so who cares what RBs are standing on the sidelines?

OB
11-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Hmm the lions (0-9) cut him - we cut him (twice?) :ohwell:

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Hmm the lions (0-9) cut him - we cut him (twice?) :ohwell:

I don't think we ever cut him, did we? We traded him to Detroit.

BigDaddyBronco
11-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Tater and Foster for Bly, I think.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
well hopefully the next RB that goes on IR this year is tater, opposed to a real running back..

That can actually not be brought down by merely looking at him..

MOtorboat
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Tater and Foster for Bly, I think.

...and a fifth...

LRtagger
11-11-2008, 01:39 PM

No

I think we cut Mike Bell twice.

BigDaddyBronco
11-11-2008, 01:40 PM
...and a fifth...
I would drink a fifth after trading trash for trash.

shank
11-11-2008, 01:40 PM
No

I think we cut Mike Bell twice.

nah, we only cut him once. the junior broncos (texans) cut him too though.

LRtagger
11-11-2008, 01:41 PM
nah, we only cut him once. the junior broncos (texans) cut him too though.

For some reason i thought we cut him and then resigned him one year.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

We've got a short yardage back in Hillis but we needed someone who could add some speed to the backfield. I look for him to get 5-10 carries this week if he really did sign today.

I could care less about speed I want some one that is tough to bring down and can actually hit a hole with authority.. tater had a tough time with that when the OLINE was a great Run blocking line now we are indeed desperate to bring in a DET REJECT..

shank
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
For some reason i thought we cut him and then resigned him one year.

nah, we just sent him to our farm team:laugh:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
So you're actually hoping Tatum ends up on IR, JR? That's nice. Not.

shank
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I could care less about speed I want some one that is tough to bring down and can actually hit a hole with authority.. tater had a tough time with that when the OLINE was a great Run blocking line now we are indeed desperate to bring in a DET REJECT..

true. even if he busts a couple big runs and finishes a game with a 5 ypc... that could only be 3 first downs that he gave us.

tough runners (like torain was doing before he got hurt) give you consistent chain movement every 2 touches with the same production, because they aren't dancing and getting stuffed. big play ability is a little overrated if you ask me.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
So you're actually hoping Tatum ends up on IR, JR? That's nice. Not.

IF someone does it ot to be trash already..

Italianmobstr7
11-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Not sure what to think of this. The guy has blazing speed, but he also had some fumbling problems, and the problem that bothered me most. He goes down on first contact. It honestly seems like a strong gust of wind will knock him down. Hopefully he's changed that.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Not sure what to think of this. The guy has blazing speed, but he also had some fumbling problems, and the problem that bothered me most. He goes down on first contact. It honestly seems like a strong gust of wind will knock him down. Hopefully he's changed that.

Why? when the absolute worst team in the league cuts someone and he is out of football since what gives you any hope whatsoever he has changed? Now is is playing behind a OLINE that is a Pass blocking wiz but our running game sucks..

must have pictures of mickey in the bathroom stall with a 6 year old..

turftoad
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Like I said before. there aren't any backs out there at this point in the season that are ripe for the picking.

THERE ARE NO STUDS OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.

That said, we signed Cory Boyd, (who Lex thinks we should have drafted instead of Torain) and this Haynes guy. Now we sign Bell who knows the system and did produce some yards in the Denver system. We are not Detroit. Nobody produces in that system.

Young will probably miss this weekends game but should be back for week 12. When he does get back the rest of the recently signed backs will be spot duty guys anyway.

I don't see us signing Bell means much. I don't think he's going to be our workhorse back. I see him as spot duty that can maybe break a few loose. At this point, I'd be satisfied with that.

SoCalImport
11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
In this offense the best passblocker should and probably will see the field the most, and there's no way that's Tater.

NameUsedBefore
11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Meh. Can't really say we had a choice in this matter.

D1g1tal j1m
11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
We picked the best of the worst RB that were available to us. Beggers can't be choosy. We are so slim at RB that Mikey had to bite his tongue and sign a guy that he had given up on for a smash mouth runner named Henry and looked what we ended up with.

turftoad
11-11-2008, 02:23 PM
In this offense the best passblocker should and probably will see the field the most, and there's no way that's Tater.

Well then Tater probably won't be in there for passing downs.

Italianmobstr7
11-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Why? when the absolute worst team in the league cuts someone and he is out of football since what gives you any hope whatsoever he has changed? Now is is playing behind a OLINE that is a Pass blocking wiz but our running game sucks..

must have pictures of mickey in the bathroom stall with a 6 year old..

The Lions brought in a rookie, and a RB they thought was better for their system. They had no room for Tatum. I'm not saying that he has changed, I'm just hoping that he has. We're going to need him to be decent for us to win the division.

underrated29
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
yes we caould have gotten a better back in dayne. He doesnt go down when someone sneezes, and his fatass can pass block.

But as someone said, likely they wont see the field much.

JONtheBRONCO
11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Tatum Bell a Denver Bronco.... Again. Lol.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 02:39 PM
i just puked......

twinkle toes is back......

-yards

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
whats great about this....... i have not read any of this thread....

BUT

i know the Tatum Lovers are going to come out of hiding insisting Tatum is a good RB in this league.... When really all he is a thieving washed up athlete with light shoes and some speed.....

"but he dragged Ray Lewis 4 yards"

lol........ we are too desparate for a running game........ he wont solve it

And when he breaks 1 big run cuz the blocking was good and the tackling was crap please spare me the Tatum love...

ONE WORD: DOUBLE HACK!!!!

broncohead
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I said this before but I'll say it again. Tatum was a good change of pace back. With limited carries (10/g) he is decent and hopefully he will break at least 1. As a full time starter he wears down way to easily, gets injured, and fumbles. He'll be an ok starter till we get a legit RB.

dogfish
11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Like I said before. there aren't any backs out there at this point in the season that are ripe for the picking.

THERE ARE NO STUDS OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.

That said, we signed Cory Boyd, (who Lex thinks we should have drafted instead of Torain) and this Haynes guy. Now we sign Bell who knows the system and did produce some yards in the Denver system. We are not Detroit. Nobody produces in that system.

Young will probably miss this weekends game but should be back for week 12. When he does get back the rest of the recently signed backs will be spot duty guys anyway.

I don't see us signing Bell means much. I don't think he's going to be our workhorse back. I see him as spot duty that can maybe break a few loose. At this point, I'd be satisfied with that.

thought i'd emphasize that point a little bit more, some people don't seem to get it. . . it's great to say "we don't need this guy, we need a back that can carry thirty times per game and drag defensive tackles on his back"-- it's also nothing besides pure fantasy, because anyone that's any good is already on somebody else's roster and has been since august or earlier. . .

IMO, it's about time. . . people are unreasonably bitter towards bell because he didn't meet their expectations-- didn't work out as an every down back, and he developed a fumbling problem late in his stay here. . . however, if you can recognize and accept his limitations, he's a damn effective change of pace back. . . he averaged over 5 YPC two of his three years here, and was still at 4.4 when we tried to give him the starting job. . . i'll take that any day from a COP runner. . . people hate the guy because he doesn't run that hard between the tackles, doesn't block very well and has questionable ball security, but the truth is that profile fits most of the speedy COP guys out there. . . fans wanted him to be portis and he wasn't, but that doesn't mean that his contributions are worthless. . .

he was very effective for us in 2005 as the counter-punch to mike anderson's tough inside running-- if hillis can give us some of that, maybe bell can come in and spell him and rip off some of those long gainers. . . sure, i'd rather have adrian peterson too-- it doesn't exactly take an over-abundance of brains to come to that conclusion! but he's not available, and if young's out i'll take bell over the stiffs off the street that were our other options. . . that's kinda what it comes down to when you put FOUR running backs on IR in one season. . .

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I said this before but I'll say it again. Tatum was a good change of pace back. With limited carries (10/g) he is decent and hopefully he will break at least 1. As a full time starter he wears down way to easily, gets injured, and fumbles. He'll be an ok starter till we get a legit RB.

he was a good change of pace back before he went to DET and fell flat on his face..

He has been out of football since 02sep when he "stole" his way out of DET..

He is not remotely in football shape to pay a few reps let alone start If memory serves correct he knows nothing about this OLINE other that Hamilton who plays interior which he never goes anyway.. what few hand offs he might have taken from Jay if he was even in OTA's here is a distant memory..

Let this clown go as he is a triple backup at best..

lets all hope if anyone from the RB area has to get hurt and go on IR it is him before anyone else.. his career is over the others are just starting..

WARHORSE
You haters need to be quiet. Some of you sound like a starving man who is complaining cause someone gave him a can of chicken noodle when the one he likes is clam chowder.

WE DONT HAVE OPTIONS.

Tater.......omg...........can get it done sometimes. If he can break a long one here and there to go along with Hillis power runs.......its good for us. Maybe some humility along with a desire to absolve oneself will allow him some success. Lets hope so rather than not.

Give the man a break. Hes in the fold now, and once in the fold......part of the team.

dogfish
i just puked......

twinkle toes is back......

-yards

no, that's mike bell. . . when there wasn't a gaping hole, he got caught moving laterally behind the line, trying to pick and slide and find a hole that wasn't there, more than tater ever did. . . .

whats great about this....... i have not read any of this thread....

BUT

i know the Tatum Lovers are going to come out of hiding insisting Tatum is a good RB in this league.... When really all he is a thieving washed up athlete with light shoes and some speed.....

"but he dragged Ray Lewis 4 yards"

lol........ we are too desparate for a running game........ he wont solve it

And when he breaks 1 big run cuz the blocking was good and the tackling was crap please spare me the Tatum love...

ONE WORD: DOUBLE HACK!!!!

dude, who's trying to say that he's some great back?

who else were we supposed to get at this point? we gotta send somebody out there. . . .

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
thought i'd emphasize that point a little bit more, some people don't seem to get it. . . it's great to say "we don't need this guy, we need a back that can carry thirty times per game and drag defensive tackles on his back"-- it's also nothing besides pure fantasy, because anyone that's any good is already on somebody else's roster and has been since august or earlier. . .

IMO, it's about time. . . people are unreasonably bitter towards bell because he didn't meet their expectations-- didn't work out as an every down back, and he developed a fumbling problem late in his stay here. . . however, if you can recognize and accept his limitations, he's a damn effective change of pace back. . . he averaged over 5 YPC two of his three years here, and was still at 4.4 when we tried to give him the starting job. . . i'll take that any day from a COP runner. . . people hate the guy because he doesn't run that hard between the tackles, doesn't block very well and has questionable ball security, but the truth is that profile fits most of the speedy COP guys out there. . . fans wanted him to be portis and he wasn't, but that doesn't mean that his contributions are worthless. . .

he was very effective for us in 2005 as the counter-punch to mike anderson's tough inside running-- if hillis can give us some of that, maybe bell can come in and spell him and rip off some of those long gainers. . . sure, i'd rather have adrian peterson too-- it doesn't exactly take an over-abundance of brains to come to that conclusion! but he's not available, and if young's out i'll take bell over the stiffs off the street that were our other options. . . that's kinda what it comes down to when you put FOUR running backs on IR in one season. . .

great post dogfish

Bell is better than the stiff Andre Hall, who was a fumbling machine as well.

Bell is not great but better than most out on the street.

I like the move, I hope he revitalzes his career or is at least decent and
does a good job. split the carries with Hillis and see what happens.

I also thought Mike Bell sucked as well. He was slow big time.

rcsodak

:confused:

Who ARE you?

:lol:

Magnificent Seven
The Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with running back Tatum Bell.

Denver traded Bell to the Detroit Lions in March 2007, along with tackle George Foster, for cornerback Dre' Bly. Bell was a 1,000-yard rusher for the Broncos in 2006 and was a second-round pick of Denver's out of Oklahoma State in 2004.

The speedster was cut by the Lions this summer. He is infamously remembered for being accused of taking fellow running back Rudi Johnson's luggage from the facility after he was cut and Johnson was signed by the Lions. Johnson accused Bell of taking his belongings. Bell said it was an honest mistake.

Bell has been out of work since being cut by the Lions and he was living and working in Denver for the past two months. The Broncos called Bell for a workout Tuesday after they suffered a series of injuries at tailback.

"I'm humbled," Bell said. "I didn't think I was going to get another chance, to be honest. I thanked coach [Mike] Shanahan for giving me this chance. I'll do whatever it takes. I'll play special teams. I'll play center. I'll do whatever it takes to help the Denver Broncos win."

The Broncos lost running backs Michael Pittman, Andre Hall and Ryan Torain for the season in their past two games. Denver was down to injured Selvin Young and rookie fullback Peyton Hillis at tailback.

Bell is expected to suit up for the Broncos on Sunday at Atlanta.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3696267

broncohead
11-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Great post... I can honestly say that I hope he gave us what he did his first couple years as a COP back. He didn't get injured as much and didn't fumble as much. We really didn't start seeing that until he became the true starter.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
:confused:

Who ARE you?

we should have brought in Quentin Griffen ;)

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 03:10 PM
we should have brought in Quentin Griffen ;)

at least he is not a thief..

shank
11-11-2008, 03:12 PM

i don't know... he stole the hearts of many:love:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:13 PM
"but he dragged ray lewis 3.5 yards"

change of pace back??? We are throwing over 40 times a game WITH RBs... Give someone besides Tatum Bell a friggin break....

We bring in a guy whos character went to shit with Javon Walkers when D-will got killed...

I just hope he doesnt steal any of Cutlers stuff......

WARHORSE
11-11-2008, 03:14 PM

Everyone is a thief.

Everyone.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 03:15 PM

lol it is a joke but hey Griffen was good for 2 games

I would have brought in Morency if you asked me.

WARHORSE

change of pace back??? We are throwing over 40 a game with RBs... Give someone besides Tatum Bell a friggin break....

We bring in a guy whos character went to shit with Javon Walkers when D-will got killed...

A shout out to my main Hoe.................:salute:

broncohead

change of pace back??? We are throwing over 40 a game with RBs... Give someone besides Tatum Bell a friggin break....

I think you are the only one stuck on the Ray Lewis thing... Nobody else has mentioned it.

Magnificent Seven
Honestly, I think that Broncos should have kept Clinton Portis. I feel regret about that trade. I am sure they would find another way to get Champ Bailey. Look at Clinton Portis' career stats since blockbuster trade. I wish that Broncos could have Portis and Bailey on the same team.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Everyone is a thief.

Everyone.

i have stolen alot my girlfriends(girls who are friends) panties and wear them on my head

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I think you are the only one stuck on the Ray Lewis thing... Nobody else has mentioned it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

WARHORSE
Honestly, I think that Broncos should have kept Clinton Portis. I feel regret about that trade. I am sure they would find another way to get Champ Bailey. Look at Clinton Portis' career stats since blockbuster trade. I wish that Broncos could have Portis and Bailey on the same team.

omg.....

I wish Terrell Davis had never been hurt.;)

Lonestar
lol it is a joke but hey Griffen was good for 2 games

I would have brought in Morency if you asked me.

Yep Q was atleast a class kid.. never an issue with him..

I'd have signed bief before tater.. hell anyone before that clown (not bief)..

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:18 PM

thats a great point..... we tried to build a defense around a star corner and got burned... Ill take Clinton back anyday i think......

Northman
i don't know... he stole the hearts of many:love:

The Chiefs certainly fear him. :lol:

DenverBronkHoes
"we want COBBLER back!!"

what kind of cobbler was that when we beat the cowboys in OT on thanksgiving?

WARHORSE
11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
i have stolen alot my girlfriends(girls who are friends) panties and wear them on my head

I appreciate your honesty. :laugh:

Did it make you feel like a king?

Did you like, wear them on your head walkin around the hood? :shocked:

;)

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:20 PM
The Chiefs certainly fear him. :lol:

the chiefs feared Quetin Griffith for 1 week too

or was that the colts?

**EDIT**

Northman

How many Super Bowls has Clinton been in? Yea, thats what i thought. About the same as Bailey.

Northman
the chiefs feared Quetin Griffith for 1 week too

Thats who i was talking about.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I appreciate your honesty. :laugh:

Did it make you feel like a king?

Did you like, wear them on your head walkin around the hood? :shocked:

;)

Yea.... the PANTY KING(deep deep deep deep BREATH)

none of my personal friends know.... its one of my deep dark secrets......

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
How many Super Bowls has Clinton been in? Yea, thats what i thought. About the same as Bailey.

that like saying we are better than the Giants cuz they lost to the Browns and we beat the Browns

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM

actaully.... when tatum was on his last leg with us.... IT WAS ALL ALOT OF YOU GUYS SAID.....

tying to hold onot a dead dying horse while still beating the living turds from it

Northman
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM
that like saying we are better than the Giants cuz they lost to the Browns and we beat the Browns

You mean we're not?

dogfish
11-11-2008, 03:27 PM
"we want COBBLER back!!"

what kind of cobbler was that when we beat the cowboys in OT on thanksgiving?

hoes, i think it's awesome that you keep bringing up the dragging ray lewis thing-- and then mention dayne's one good play here!

:lol: :lol:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
omg.....

I wish Terrell Davis had never been hurt.;)

terrell dragged ray ray lewis 12.6 yards...... BEAT THAT TATUM!!!

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
hoes, i think it's awesome that you keep bringing up the dragging ray lewis thing-- and then mention dayne's one good play here!

hey dog.....

Are you and Tatum Bell still together??:laugh::laugh:

dogfish
11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
hey dog.....

Are you and Tatum Bell still together??:laugh::laugh:

that's it, dude-- one more crack like that and i'm breakin' out the yo mama jokes, and we don't want this thread to go there. . .

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM

no no.... u see that fat cobbler eating slob didnt score when he should have... But he did it with more heart than Tatum ever exceeded....

Tatum.... all about himself... thinks TOUCHDOWN instead of FIRSTDOWN

he will dance you to the moon and back...... and u will love it....

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:33 PM
that's it, dude-- one more crack like that and i'm breakin' out the yo mama jokes, and we don't want this thread to go there. . .

atleast my momma didnt have a one night dance fling with Tatum Bell..

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
running game is in shambles.......

40+ throws per game will equate to INTs

We may win this division with 8-8 or 9-7

Then we will get anally raped by an actual good team in the playoffs....

PS..... i dont see how atlanta can lose to us...... Im still routing for my boys tho. 1 week at a time

Retired_Member_001
11-11-2008, 03:48 PM
This really has left me speechless, I don't know what to say. :lol:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:52 PM

Lemme help you with something to say.......

"he dragged Ray Lewis 2.7 yards!!"

Ziggy
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I just hope that Hillis remains at RB. He's earned it, and he's the best option we have right now.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 03:55 PM

I feel like I just took a bath in a sewage pit.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I feel like I just took a bath in a sewage pit.

dont forget to get behind you're ears Joe.....

thats actually a good way to beef up you're immune system too....

you are really killing like 4 birds with the same stone here Joe.... VERY GOOD

Retired_Member_001
11-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Lemme help you with something to say.......

"he dragged Ray Lewis 2.7 yards!!"

He also fumbled around 27 times as well :lol: jokes.

I didn't really hate Tatum when he was here, and I think he is a decent pickup considering how weak our running back situation is.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
2 punkers now..... were up to 2 now BB

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 03:59 PM

I didn't really hate Tatum when he was here, and I think he is a decent pickup considering how weak our running back situation is.

o man.... u know u are a real butt face..... I didnt want to bring up the FUMBLES!!! You have seriously killed that hopes anddreams of many many Tatum Bell fans.........

"o look, there goes Tatum Bell past the LOS... but wait.... Where's the ball?"

"he left it on the dance floor"

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 04:00 PM

i hated him.....

i dont like guys who think they are better and bigger than they really are..... Plus... he's a terrible dancer:elefant:

Retired_Member_001
11-11-2008, 04:03 PM
i hated him.....

i dont like guys who think they are better and bigger than they really are..... Plus... he's a terrible dancer:elefant:

He better hope we sign him or else he is going to be back selling furnature and flippin' burgers at Burger King.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Seriously, this isn't the worst signing the Broncos have ever made, contrary to what "some" posters want us to believe.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Seriously, this isn't the worst signing the Broncos have ever made, contrary to what "some" posters want us to believe.

no the worst signing was

the dude who got into a fight at a pancake house,

I cant remember his name:confused::lol:

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM

We get a humble and hungry dude who is fighting for his professional life.

Motivation is an awesome thing.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM

It's a shame more people don't have that.

dogfish
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
no the worst signing was

darryl gardner. . . . and actually, i think dale carter might have been a worse signing, since we probably paid him more. . . this could be a whole seperate thread, if it hasn't been already. . .

BroncoWave
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Jack Williams better watch his bags. Tatum stole Rudi's bags because he stole Tatum's job. Perhaps Tatum will also get angry about Jack stealing his number? :D

BroncoWave
11-11-2008, 04:22 PM
In all seriousness, though, it was a solid signing. He will be good for 10-12 carries a game IMO.

dogfish
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Jack Williams better watch his bags. Tatum stole Rudi's bags because he stole Tatum's job. Perhaps Tatum will also get angry about Jack stealing his number? :D

tatum bell ain't no thief!

he said so himself. . . . :lol:

G_Money
11-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I've mocked Tatum in the past because he can't be an every-down back for us, but he thinks he can.

Selvin Young has the same problem.

That doesn't mean either is entirely worthless, just that neither of them is - on the field - what they IMAGINE they are in their own minds.

This is fine. If Tatum is in decent shape he can actually step into the lineup and know the scheme. He may not DO a lot in the scheme, but Tatum is not a failure as a backup RB.

He's just a failure as The Man, and wasn't worth extending as a veteran back since he's worth about as much as Selvin Young or Andre Hall.

Since Selvin hurts himself when he just HEARS the word "injury" spoken in his presence, it's not a bad thing to have another guy on the roster who can catch, block a little, has speed to run to daylight if he can actually see the daylight, but will never move a pile as long as he lives.

This is fine. Maybe the mega-dose of humble pie he's been forced to eat recently will help with his evaluations of himself and what he needs to do to make rosters, as well.

~G

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM

to say that only makes us look worse...... it isnt the worst....

we have done many other dumber things i will agree

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 04:51 PM
to say that only makes us look worse...... it isnt the worst....

we have done many other dumber things i will agree

So have you. What's the issue? This signing won't hurt us, and we'll see if it helps.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 04:51 PM

im pretty sure were getting the same guy.........

its a joke to think that for some reason he will be better....

he is what he is what he is what is......

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I've mocked Tatum in the past because he can't be an every-down back for us, but he thinks he can.

Selvin Young has the same problem.

That doesn't mean either is entirely worthless, just that neither of them is - on the field - what they IMAGINE they are in their own minds.

This is fine. If Tatum is in decent shape he can actually step into the lineup and know the scheme. He may not DO a lot in the scheme, but Tatum is not a failure as a backup RB.

He's just a failure as The Man, and wasn't worth extending as a veteran back since he's worth about as much as Selvin Young or Andre Hall.

Since Selvin hurts himself when he just HEARS the word "injury" spoken in his presence, it's not a bad thing to have another guy on the roster who can catch, block a little, has speed to run to daylight if he can actually see the daylight, but will never move a pile as long as he lives.

This is fine. Maybe the mega-dose of humble pie he's been forced to eat recently will help with his evaluations of himself and what he needs to do to make rosters, as well.

~G

i think we should try cobbler instead of pie

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 04:55 PM

I am not saying he will be better. I am saying he now knows his role. Dingbat.

BroncoJoe
Dayne sucked worse ass than Tatum. Come on, Hoe.

DenverBronkHoes
So have you. What's the issue? This signing won't hurt us, and we'll see if it helps.

joe..... u still hate me... keep it coming.... are you capable of smiling or do u just talk to fake trees for laughs?

any guy can play the role we need now... Tatum has a small upper hand in knowing the system...

TATUM IS NOT SAVING THE SEASON OR THE RUNNING GAME

we still will throw 40+ a game and have no running game to help Jay..

This is who we are

accept it

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Dayne sucked worse ass than Tatum. Come on, Hoe.

dayne picked up our tough yards...... Tatum never did that....

Well..... there was that 1 time he dragged Ray Lewis 1.9 yards

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Hoe quit looking for a fight.

turftoad
11-11-2008, 04:59 PM

Well shit, we should have signed Adrian Peterson!!

Oh wait........... he's not available. :confused:

Well then, we should have signed L. Tomlinson!!

Oh wait............ he's not available either. :confused:

News flash! No one worth a shit is available right now, so Bell is the guy that will be our change of pace guy THIS YEAR and probably not any longer. :tsk:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Hoe quit looking for a fight.

im not looking for a fight.....

as a fan i have every right to question our bone head decision makings and signings....

no fighting here..... joe is looking for a fight ever since his plastic tree commited suicide

turftoad
11-11-2008, 05:02 PM
joe..... u still hate me... keep it coming.... are you capable of smiling or do u just talk to fake trees for laughs?

any guy can play the role we need now... Tatum has a small upper hand in knowing the system...

This is who we are

accept it

I haven't seen in this thread where ANYONE said that Bell was going to save the season or the running game. :tsk:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Well shit, we should have signed Adrian Peterson!!

Oh wait........... he's not available. :confused:

Well then, we should have signed L. Tomlinson!!

Oh wait............ he's not available either. :confused:

News flash! No one worth a shit is available right now, so Bell is the guy that will be our change of pace guy THIS YEAR and probably not any longer. :tsk:

i hate that term.... its over used and over rated

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I haven't seen in this thread where ANYONE said that Bell was going to save the season or the running game. :tsk:

yea good point...... beef is right... im looking for a fight

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 05:05 PM

This is who we are

accept it

This has more to do with your 4 pages of worthless rants than my feelings toward you.

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM

You mean Tatum does not play LB and Safety as well. :lol:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
This has more to do with your 4 pages of worthless rants than my feelings toward you.

no joe.... im just tryin to be funny and playful....

those 4 pages had barely anything to do with you buddy....

u wish

This has to do with being a fan of a team in shambles right now

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
no joe.... im just tryin to be funny and playful....

those 4 pages had barely anything to do with you buddy....

u wish

This has to do with being a fan of a team in shambles right now

Dude - I'm on board with you on being frustrated with the shape our team is in, but the signing of Tatum Bell is nothing more than a fly on a pile of shyte.

Good thing is, shyte makes good fertilizer for future growth.

Rex
11-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Why not sign Bell.

Especially if it bothers Hoe, I am all for it.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Why not sign Bell.

if he steals something from you, you would change you're tune

Rex
11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
if he steals something from you, you would change you're tune

What did he steal from you.

Dont be hatin' Hoe.

Ron Paul rules.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Why not sign Bell.

i nearly slipped and fell on my own sperm in the shower this morning...... i am not being bothered by anything today... I nearly died

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
What did he steal from you.

Dont be hatin' Hoe.

Ron Paul rules.

he stole my dancing shoes..... when he realized they were too small he tossed them and decided to pick on Rudi Johnson

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
in other topics........

the Warrick Dunn interview on Sid Rosenberg this morning was very very good. He met the man who murdered his mother and forgave him

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
no the worst signing was

So who is the guy? :confused::lol::confused:

Magnificent Seven
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
what about Mike Bell? I was wondering why did they sign Tatum Bell? I think Mike Bell is hella good! I dont understand about this situation.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM

that would be daryll "pancakes" gardener

x dolphin.... dude has issues... hes bi-polar or some shit

Rex
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
what about Mike Bell? I was wondering why did they sign Tatum Bell? I think Mike Bell is hella good! I dont understand about this situation.

Really?

dogfish
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=451551&postcount=105

;)

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM

I think Mike Bell had Hoe work ethic issues.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM

mikey bell prolly isnt in football shape like Ron Dayne

Rex
11-11-2008, 05:31 PM

I think Hoe is a better RB than Mike Bell......even with whiplash and being stoned 14 hours a day.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:32 PM
ya cant really hit me for the work ethics buddy.... u of all people know this...

if only they knew we are friends

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 05:32 PM

You said Mike Bell is a hoe :salute::lol:

It is more like PacMan Jones is a Hoe :laugh:

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I think Hoe is a better RB than Mike Bell......even with whiplash and being stoned 14 hours a day.

rotffl

that was the funniest thing u have said since i can remember.... not bad for a broken old hag

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 05:39 PM
2 and 3 on the 25.........

tatum wants a touchdown..... so tatum will shift shake dance and move for that TD... and lose 3 yards...... and sometimes fumble

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 05:41 PM
2 and 3 on the 25.........

tatum wants a touchdown..... so tatum will shift shake dance and move for that TD... and lose 3 yards...... and sometimes fumble

Wow I think you that Tatum as much as I hate Rex turnover machine Grossman :lol:

Peerless
11-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Tatum sucks...

I'd rather watch Quentin Griffin run, than watching a guy who falls over from the first initial contact.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Tatum Rocks.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Tatum Bell will wear, #40 -- and Glenn Martinez was waived to make room. (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/11/11/bell-back-in-denver/)

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Tatum Bell will wear, #40 -- and Glenn Martinez was waived to make room. (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/11/11/bell-back-in-denver/)

That is pure complete bullshit right there.

Peerless
11-11-2008, 06:09 PM
What an ugly number haha

Slick
11-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Everyone is a thief.

Everyone.

I'm calling balls on this.

Italianmobstr7
11-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Ha, he's wearing #40... Maybe a bigger number will make him look like a power back or something lol. He should've just grabbed like #25, #21, or #29. #40 is going to look pretty bad out there.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Ha, he's wearing #40... Maybe a bigger number will make him look like a power back or something lol. He should've just grabbed like #25, #21, or #29. #40 is going to look pretty bad out there.

the way he runs it should be it 03 maybe 04 instead of 40.. :laugh::laugh:

Magnificent Seven
11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
36 would look good on him

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Hoes are stupid.

That is all.

Broncos Mtnman
11-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Other than suffering from periods of the "dropsies," TB was a decent back. Under our current circumstances, someone who can carry the rock on day one (because of his familiarity with our system) is a plus.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Tatum will rock the house for 1,000 yards this year.

weazel
11-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Tatum Bell is horrible.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Tatum Bell is horrible.

You shut your mouth, weazel!

Slick
11-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Cry some more Hoes. J.C. It's not like we signed the guy to a 5 year 50 million dollar contract.

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Cry some more Hoes. J.C. It's not like we signed the guy to a 5 year 50 million dollar contract.

Well, I don't like this one bit. My Latin Dancer is gone.

56crash
11-11-2008, 07:15 PM
no, that's mike bell. . . when there wasn't a gaping hole, he got caught moving laterally behind the line, trying to pick and slide and find a hole that wasn't there, more than tater ever did. . . .

dude, who's trying to say that he's some great back?

who else were we supposed to get at this point? we gotta send somebody out there. . . .

put the dip shit on Iggy works for me ... also please dont quote him !

Hobe
11-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm not unhappy with the pickup. As to whether Tatum has anything left remember the great football mind that let him go was non other then Flat Matt Milan; who is currently out of football as well.

Slick
11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, I don't like this one bit. My Latin Dancer is gone.

I'm sorry Beefcake. I'm sure we can find you a replacement. Frankly I'm surprised the fire was still there.

sportjunkee
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm glad to have Tatum's speed back but I don't know about his fumbling issues. Check out this article I found with Tatum giving an interview http://www.jocklife.com/eng/news/redirect.cfm?sectionID=news/extranetNewsDetail.cfm&newsItemID=9119.

I do like Glenn Martinez and he is the only Bronco to return a punt for a touchdown in years but we need running backs right now, receiver and returner are the last of worries.

Here's to hoping Tatum can show that break away speed this weekend on the fast turf in Georgia.

Tned
11-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Is this a done deal? If so, I hope so. He would be a good change up to Hillis.

turftoad
11-11-2008, 07:47 PM

Yes, he's on the roster on denverbroncos.com.

DenverBronkHoes
11-11-2008, 07:54 PM

theres no crying.... all comedy baby.... and how freakin afraid are you of committting a sin you have to type J.C. instead of typing jesus christ...

you're going to hell young man......... with tatum bell

crying is for fairweather fans buddy....

BeefStew25
11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Slick, keep your good name intact. Ignore him.

Slick
11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
theres no crying.... All comedy baby.... And how freakin afraid are you of committting a sin you have to type j.c. Instead of typing jesus christ...

You're going to hell young man......... With tatum bell

edit:

Retired_Member_001
11-11-2008, 09:21 PM
theres no crying.... all comedy baby.... and how freakin afraid are you of committting a sin you have to type J.C. instead of typing jesus christ...

you're going to hell young man......... with tatum bell

Is it...just.......me....or...does...this...guy make...no...sense....at all?

gobroncsnv
11-11-2008, 10:09 PM

You mean to counter the way that Hillis can hang on to the ball?? I don't know, I'm pretty apprehensive. Bell can average 5 yards a carry when he's not touched in the first 4. The way our line is blocking this year, seems like we need more of a bruiser who delivers the blows. But so help me, I hope you're right... Maybe the second time around is the charm.
At least he won't be broken down, as he's been out of the NFL since he left Denver. Ok, one last one, at least we'll have someone to carry the extra luggage.:cool:

Medford Bronco
11-11-2008, 10:12 PM

Glenn better hide his luggage and airline Tickets :lol:

broncobryce
11-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Enough with the luggage jokes! :D Okay, he deserves it, and probably doesn't deserve another chance, but if he comes through for us I'd be willing to look past the garbage. I was watching some youtube highlights and he had some nice runs. Better than what we have right now. I always thought he had Portis' speed and.......well, thats about it. LOL

gobroncsnv
11-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Well, truth be told, I WILL be pulling for him in his own right, because I'd love to see a nice turn-around after so much adversity, even if mostly self-inflicted. I'm hoping he doesn't try to play outside of his limitations, but that he does give it everything he's got. There's a fine line between doing your best and trying to do too much. All the best to you, Tater... after all, you're a Bronc again.

broncohead
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
what does his contract look like?

tubby
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Tatum Bell Rocks!

tubby
11-11-2008, 11:26 PM
BULLDOZER!!

:cool:

OB
11-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I gots to give tubs props :eek:

although only time will tell - and who cares about their personal belongings - they all make enough to replace anything lost :D

scott.475
11-12-2008, 12:30 AM
So, basically, we got Dre Bly for George Foster. Granted, Bly isn't playing very well, but that is still a steal!

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
tatum does suck but atleast he has speed.

none of our backs right now injured or not have the speed like tatum does. if our young but talented line can create some holes for tatum then he has the ability to go all the way.

dogfish
11-12-2008, 02:08 AM

none of our backs right now injured or not have the speed like tatum does. if our young but talented line can create some holes for tatum then he has the ability to go all the way.

don't let JR catch you saying that stuff, he'll be foaming at the mouth. . .

:D

weazel
11-12-2008, 03:08 AM
So, basically, we got Dre Bly for George Foster. Granted, Bly isn't playing very well, but that is still a steal!

except Foster was cheap and Bly is highly overpaid. Either way, they are both pretty weak

broncofaninfla
11-12-2008, 09:29 AM
I think the Bell signing was a good one for us. He is familiar with our system and is a deep threat. With the inexperience in at RB for us right now, it's a good thing to have somebody in who knows our system. I doubt he gets more than 10 carries a game but I bet he makes the most of it. Just days ago, Bell was a mobile phone store manager with his NFL career very much in doubt. Now he has his chance with the team he was most successful with. I bet the guy is hungry and plays that was as well. He didn't do much in Detroit but it's hard to hold that against him being NOBODY has done well in Detroit. I think it's a good move.

Traveler
11-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I think the Bell signing was a good one for us. He is familiar with our system and is a deep threat. With the inexperience in at RB for us right now, it's a good thing to have somebody in who knows our system. I doubt he gets more than 10 carries a game but I bet he makes the most of it. Just days ago, Bell was a mobile phone store manager with his NFL career very much in doubt. Now he has his chance with the team he was most successful with. I bet the guy is hungry and plays that was as well. He didn't do much in Detroit but it's hard to hold that against him being NOBODY has done well in Detroit. I think it's a good move.

If he brings us any benefit, I'll be surprised.

tomjonesrocks
11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Ahh--look at this. Now I have no idea who to replace Torain with on my fantasy roster.

Retired_Member_001
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Ahh--look at this. Now I have no idea who to replace Torain with on my fantasy roster.

I had Torrain on my roster as well.

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 10:28 AM

does anyone think he is remotely in game shape?

Retired_Member_001
11-12-2008, 10:32 AM
does anyone think he is remotely in game shape?

You never know, maybe he was waiting for this moment?

broncofaninfla
11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
From ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The Broncos' reason for agreeing to terms with with Tatum Bell: They needed someone who knows the system.

Bell spent his first three seasons with Denver before being traded to Detroit in 2007. He knows Denver's running system and that's what the Broncos need. They don't have time to teach anyone a system. They need someone to come in and play in Atlanta on Sunday.

The Broncos have put three running backs on the injured reserve in the last week. They are down to rookie fullback Peyton Hillis and P.J. Pope, who was just promoted from the practice squad. Selvin Young is also on the roster but he has a groin injury and he may not be ready to play Sunday at Atlanta.

Enter Bell, who was living in Denver. The Broncos worked him out on Tuesday and signed him. He will likely play against Atlanta. Atlanta's defense is good against the pass and the Broncos will likely go with a heavy dose of Hillis and Bell.

Will Bell, 27, stick around all season? If he is impressive, yes. But right now, Denver is going week-to-week with its running backs. It's an emergency situation and Bell's familiarity with the team gave him another chance to resurrect his career.

Sounds like his familiarity with the system had a lot to do with this. I'm concerned about him being in game shape as well but don't look for him to have that many carries this week so wonder how much of a factor that will really be. We are about to find out though.

topscribe
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM

In a game against Texas Tech, Tater took the ball up the middle against a
Cover 2 situation. Tech's safeties each split toward the WRs, and OSU's line
opened a gaping hole. Ninety-five yards later, Tater was standing in the end
zone . . . one of the quickest 95 yards I have ever witnessed (YouTube has
the replay).

You know, I doubt that Atlanta will be respecting the run very much right
off and may do much the same thing. Wouldn't it be something to see a
repeat performance from Tater?

Just a little dreaming . . .

-----

Den21vsBal19
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
In a game against Texas Tech, Tater took the ball up the middle against a
Cover 2 situation. Tech's safeties each split toward the WRs, and OSU's line
opened a gaping hole. Ninety-five yards later, Tater was standing in the end
the replay).

You know, I doubt that Atlanta will be respecting the run very much right
off and may do much the same thing. Wouldn't it be something to see a
repeat performance from Tater?

Just a little dreaming . . .

-----
We can but live in hope ;)

topscribe
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
don't let JR catch you saying that stuff, he'll be foaming at the mouth. . .

:D

Naw, he accidentally swallowed some green alcohol . . .

-----

Medford Bronco
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Ninety-five yards later, Tater was standing in the end
the replay).

-----

I just hope not to see the same thing from Michael Turner :shocked:

MileHighWrath
11-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Has Tatum 'Fum' Bell learned how to hold on to the ball since he was a Bronco last time?

broncohead
11-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know what he signed for?

Requiem / The Dagda
11-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know what he signed for?

Five years, forty million. :salute: :lol:

Dreadnought
11-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I think its a smart play, with almost no downside risk. We got him cheap, and I thought he was an interesting weapon when he was here. He was pure murder during 2005 for us during the whole first half of the season. Does he have any of that left? Who knows. He's still a better gamble than the other washed up hacks floating around. Maybe he gets a carry or two against ATL, and progressively more later on. Who knows. Plus, for the record, just because the Lions don't think he can play is in itself no kind of reliable yardsick. The Lions are always wrong - its a given.

BroncoWave
11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I think its a smart play, with almost no downside risk. We got him cheap, and I thought he was an interesting weapon when he was here. He was pure murder during 2005 for us during the whole first half of the season. Does he have any of that left? Who knows. He's still a better gamble than the other washed up hacks floating around. Maybe he gets a carry or two against ATL, and progressively more later on. Who knows. Plus, for the record, just because the Lions don't think he can play is in itself no kind of reliable yardsick. The Lions are always wrong - its a given.

Like when they traded for him? :confused:

(just playing devil's advocate! :D )

Dreadnought
11-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Like when they traded for him? :confused:

(just playing devil's advocate! :D )

Yep - it was a bad trade for them, and eventually a bad move to cut him. Why didn't it work out? Who the Hell knows. Its the Lions. Its a bad move to keep George Foster on your roster, too, FWIW, because he truly sucks.

Remember - Lions = Always wrong. We should be packaging McCree and Paymah for them even now.

dogfish
11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Yep - it was a bad trade for them, and eventually a bad move to cut him. Why didn't it work out? Who the Hell knows. Its the Lions.

you just answered your own question. . . . :D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3699285&campaign=rsssrch&source=denver+broncos

Bell returns to Broncos with no baggage

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Forget Rudi Johnson's swiped luggage. In Mike Shanahan's eyes, Tatum Bell carries no baggage.

"I judge Tatum by what he's done here. Tatum did a great job for me," the Denver Broncos coach Wednesday said after signing Bell to a one-year deal 2½ months after his ignominious departure from Detroit.

Bell, who was captured on camera removing two Gucci bags belonging to his successor when he was released by the Lions on Sept. 2, said he's patched things up with Johnson, with whom he shares an agent.

He did acknowlege, though, that he feared the embarassing incident had spelled the end of his NFL career before the Broncos came calling this week.

Bell was drafted by the Broncos in 2004 and spent three seasons with them before being traded to Detroit in 2007 in the deal that brought cornerback Dre' Bly to Denver.

The Broncos turned to Bell after losing all five of their tailbacks, four of them for the season, leaving rookie fullback Peyton Hillis as the last man standing in their battered backfield.

Shanahan has made high character a point of emphasis this season, jettisoning the likes of Travis Henry and Todd Sauerbrun, who ran afoul of both the law and the league.

So, how does the signing of Bell jibe with this philosophy?

"I'm judging Tatum by how he handled himself when he was a Denver Bronco and my relationship with him over the time he's been here, not (on) all the accusations ... over there," Shanahan said. "If I didn't know him personally, he would not be here. But since I do know him and I know what he's done for me, that's the reason why he is here."

Bell had one forgettable season in Detroit, rushing just 44 times for 182 yards. The biggest news he made with the Lions came when Johnson, the running back who replaced him on the Lions roster, said Bell took luggage belonging to him from team headquarters.

Johnson said the team's security director showed him footage of Bell taking two Gucci bags that Johnson had received as a Pro Bowl gift. Johnson said a woman returned the bags to the practice facility without their contents, including $200, his ID and credit cards. Johnson spoke with Bell afterward but didn't involve police in the matter.

"I just appreciate Shanahan giving me another chance, because of all the stuff I went through in Detroit, you know, not having too much success and then the incident with the bag. Him giving me another chance meant a lot to me," Bell said.

So, what exactly happened with Johnson's bags anyway?

"Oh, just a misunderstanding," Bell said. "I talked to Rudi, we put it behind us and moved on and left everything in Detroit. Now I'm here in Denver and looking to move forward."

He declined to go into specifics.

"No, no, just leave it at that. It was just a misunderstanding between me and Rudi, and with the Lions. Like I said, we've moved on from there," Bell said.

It's something a lot of players apparently can laugh about now.

Bell said center Tom Nalen, who is on injured reserve, gave him grief when he walked back into the Broncos' locker room Wednesday, telling him, "Let me check your pockets!"

"So, it's all fun and jokes," Bell said.

Bell even acknowledged that he gave former teammate Roy Williams, now with the Cowboys, permission to dress up as him at the Lions' annual Halloween party last month. Williams dressed up in a bellhop uniform with a "Hello, my name is Tatum Bell" name tag and a Louis Vitton bag with Johnson's tag on it.

Seriously, though, Bell said he thinks the incident kept him out of the NFL until Shanahan gave him a second chance.

"The Broncos know who I am and I'm not anything like that, so I'm happy to be back," Bell said.

During his time away from football, Bell worked as a manager at a cell phone store in nearby Aurora.

"I had a job at the mall, man, just supporting my family, doing what I could do," Bell said, adding the experience helped him become a better man. "I think it helped me mature and respect the real world. Now, I've really got a lot more respect for people that work 9-to-5."

Back in the Broncos' backfield, Bell is providing quarterback Jay Cutler with a measure of relief.

"He's got a lot of speed, understands the offense, familiar with our lingo and terminology," Cutler said. "He should be able to step in and be an immediate impact, hopefully."

Bell, who ran with the scout team Wednesday, has to get back into game shape quickly.

"The scheme's still the same," he said. "They've got to get used to me and I've got to get used to them. That comes from practice."

But he doesn't think it'll take long to regain his old form.

"I'm extra hungry to go out and prove myself to my coaches, my teammates and everybody else," he said.

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 10:48 PM
I just hope not to see the same thing from Michael Turner :shocked:

Which is a heck of a lot more likely.. several times in this game..

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Has Tatum 'Fum' Bell learned how to hold on to the ball since he was a Bronco last time?

The only pigskin he has been able to hold on to was leather luggage from DET...

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Yep - it was a bad trade for them, and eventually a bad move to cut him. Why didn't it work out? Who the Hell knows. Its the Lions. Its a bad move to keep George Foster on your roster, too, FWIW, because he truly sucks.

Remember - Lions = Always wrong. We should be packaging McCree and Paymah for them even now.

Yet we wasted a #1 AND #2 ON THESE TWO SKELLS WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT US Pardon the Caps crappy keyboard

DenverBronkHoes
11-13-2008, 12:58 AM
i think i heard he was working at a cell phone store..... maybe he should give dance lessons instead.... Make better money...

Den21vsBal19
11-13-2008, 01:34 AM
From the RMN (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/12/krieger-why-the-warm-reception-for-bell/)

Tatum Bell returned to the Broncos this week, a greater accomplishment than you might think. Barely two months ago, there were those who thought he was finished in the NFL at 27.

Not because he was cut earlier this season by the Lions. Running backs get cut and picked up all the time.

And not because he lost five fumbles for the Broncos in 2006, causing the Raiders to name their fumble recovery drill after him. That was enough to make Mike Shanahan trade him, but not enough to keep him selling cell phones at the Aurora Mall after every Broncos tailback went down.

No, the idea that Bell was radioactive came as the result of a bizarre story out of Detroit as the Lions were replacing him with Rudi Johnson before the season began. Internal surveillance videotape showed Bell taking two Gucci bags that belonged to Johnson. That violated the first commandment of the locker room and led to the suggestion Bell might not be welcome in one again.

Barely two months later, Bell is not only back in the NFL but the incident, with his permission, has become the subject of locker room humor.

"Tom Nalen was giving me a hard time when I first walked in - 'Let me check my pockets,' and stuff like that," Bell said Wednesday.

"It's all fun and jokes."

In fact, when former Lions wide receiver Roy Williams returned to Michigan for Mike Furrey's annual Halloween party two weeks ago, he went as a bellhop with the name tag, "T. Bell." He was also wearing briefs labeled "Rudi." It seems underwear, as well as cash and credit cards, were in the Gucci bags.

"When Roy Williams texted Tatum and said, 'Hey, listen, do you mind if I go as Tatum Bell for the Halloween party?', Tatum didn't say, 'No,' " said Peter Schaffer, Bell's new agent. "Tatum said, 'Sure, do it.'

"Tatum, in a self-deprecating way, allowed himself to sort of be the butt of a joke as a way of showing that everything's cool and it's more humorous now."

The key to Bell's return from the abyss appears to have been Schaffer, who also represents Johnson. By bringing the two together, Schaffer apparently brokered a private resolution, which couldn't have been that easy to do. Johnson was quoted saying some decidedly uncomplimentary things about Bell two days after the incident.

Back then, Bell said he thought the bags belonged to former teammate Victor DeGrate who, he said, had asked him to pick up his stuff. DeGrate later denied asking Bell to pick up anything. A woman returned the bags the day after they were taken, but Johnson reported they were missing his identification, credit cards, underwear and about $200.

Aware that I was writing on this subject, Schaffer and Bell called me Wednesday evening. They made the case that the incident is history and if Bell and Johnson are cool, that should be the end of it.

"I explained it," Bell said. "I've done explained it numerous times when it first happened so I done moved on from all that and me and Rudi moved on so I really don't want to keep it lingering."

As a storyteller, my problem is the last explanation from Bell I can find is the discredited DeGrate story. I tried to explain I don't have a resolution to the story until Bell explains what happened, even if it's something as general as, "I did something stupid. I regret it."

"There is a resolution," Schaffer countered. "He cleared it up with Rudi, the person it happened with. He's learned from it. Obviously, if some people thought that his actions were inappropriate, that's happened. And he's made amends with the person that was potentially aggrieved by the situation. So there was a resolution."

Much as I dislike the unrepentant reboot - the Mark McGwire gambit - I had to admit he had a point. No criminal charges were brought. If Johnson's OK with Bell, if his Broncos teammates, old and new, are OK with him, maybe he doesn't owe us an explanation. Our economy does not exactly hang in the balance.

"I'm judging Tatum by how he handled himself when he was a Denver Bronco and my relationship with him over the time he's been here, not all the accusations over there," Shanahan said. "If I didn't know him personally, he would not be here, but since I do know him, I know what he's done for me, that's the reason why he is here."

"The bottom line is Mike Shanahan gave me a second chance," Bell said. "They know me, they know my character, the history. Everybody in that locker room, everybody that knows me, knows that I'm not like that. I told Roy Williams he could do that joke because it was all behind me and it was a sense of humor to joke about it. So that's the point I'm making. I've done moved on."

Give them this: Somehow, he and his agent seem to have neutralized the radioactive.

Gotta admit, I didn't see this one coming :eek:

sneakers
11-13-2008, 01:40 AM
People deserve a second chance....that goes for football as well, let's see if he redeems himself....and if not we can just go sign Ron Dayne.

shank
11-13-2008, 01:40 AM
TB's fumbling is being blown a little out of proportion IMO...

he had a 5 fumble season... that's not THAT bad.

TD had two 5 fumble seasons.... LT has had an 8 fumble and a 6 fumble season... walter payton had an 11 fumble season... jim brown had a 9 fumble season... eric dickerson had a 14 fumble season... sean alexander had 5 fumbles the year he was voted league MVP...CP had 5 his first year in denver...

i could go on, but my point is that fumbles happen, and 5 in a season isn't really fumbilitis...

not saying he's great, just saying that his biggest problem was always durability, and ineffectiveness when playing hurt. in spot duty, i think he can be very effective for us if he's in shape.

BroncoWave
11-13-2008, 01:55 AM

TD had two 5 fumble seasons.... LT has had an 8 fumble and a 6 fumble season... walter payton had an 11 fumble season... jim brown had a 9 fumble season... eric dickerson had a 14 fumble season... sean alexander had 5 fumbles the year he was voted league MVP...CP had 5 his first year in denver...

i could go on, but my point is that fumbles happen, and 5 in a season isn't really fumbilitis...

not saying he's great, just saying that his biggest problem was always durability, and ineffectiveness when playing hurt. in spot duty, i think he can be very effective for us if he's in shape.

True, but TB had those 5 fumbles in a LOT less carries than any of those guys you mentioned, I would assume. I agree that the fumbilitis thing probably is being a little overblown but I think looking at a carries per fumble stat would be more accurate than looking at fumbles over the entire season.

BroncoWave
11-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Ok, I looked it up and and calculated touches per fumble for those players and here's what I got:

Portis: 61
Davis: 76
Alexander: 77
Bell: 51
Payton: 33
Brown: 31
Dickerson: 29

So while the historic guys had a much worse fumble rate than Bell, that seems to show that fumbling was much more common back then and I think it also reflects the fact that guys actually knew how to tackle and play sound defense back then instead of everyone just trying to make the big highlight play now.

So given that, it would seem much more fair to compare Bell to the 3 more recent guys named, and as you can see, his fumble rate is much worse than any of those guys. Plus, those other guys put up such great stats in those seasons, that more than made up for the fumbles. Can't say the same for Bell.

dogfish
11-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Ok, I looked it up and and calculated touches per fumble for those players and here's what I got:

So while the historic guys had a much worse fumble rate than Bell, that seems to show that fumbling was much more common back then and I think it also reflects the fact that guys actually knew how to tackle and play sound defense back then instead of everyone just trying to make the big highlight play now.

So given that, it would seem much more fair to compare Bell to the 3 more recent guys named, and as you can see, his fumble rate is much worse than any of those guys. Plus, those other guys put up such great stats in those seasons, that more than made up for the fumbles. Can't say the same for Bell.

actually, it's probably more that they've changed the emphasis on rules like down by contact, and now routinely overturn fumbles with instant replay that would have stood back in the day. . .

oh, and shank, you're white. . . . ;)

SR
11-13-2008, 02:41 AM
DK is the man.

BroncoWave
11-13-2008, 03:14 AM
actually, it's probably more that they've changed the emphasis on rules like down by contact, and now routinely overturn fumbles with instant replay that would have stood back in the day. . .

oh, and shank, you're white. . . . ;)

True, but the main point is that you can't compare Bell's stats to those guys from the past fairly.

BCJ
11-13-2008, 04:49 AM
i like the title Why the Warm Reception For Bell.

When i think of cell phones or phones in general, I think of good reception and Ma Bell.

JKcatch724
11-13-2008, 05:19 AM
Better than Dayne or M. Bell. At least he's got some talent. Dayne's a load and Mike is flat out horrible. Tater can hit the homer.

sneakers
11-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Better than Dayne or M. Bell. At least he's got some talent. Dayne's a load and Mike is flat out horrible. Tater can hit the homer.

But those two guys don't fumble....:questionmark:

I hope he works out well for the broncos, maybe we can still get him 1000 yards this year.

Dreadnought
11-13-2008, 07:15 AM

Nice work. I think that Bell's tendancy to fumble has been blown way out of proportion. He really isn't that bad at all. Not great, but if you want to knock the guy it shouldn't be over fumbles. Ball security is much better now than when I was a kid in general, and there are far fewer fumbles. Once upon a time any interception rate under 5% was considered good, too. Dogfish hit on some reasons correctly IMO, but mostly guys just take better care of the ball.

gobroncsnv
11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm hoping Tater can start getting some yards on his own. Our line is not run-blocking the way they have in past years. Great for Jay, because as much as we pass, Cutler is staying pretty much upright. But the yards Bell gets this year, he'll have to earn them, and he'll need to start running as hard to get TO and THROUGH the hole as he does once he breaks into daylight. Our line this year is just not sustaining their blocks as well, so if they do make an opening, better be getting your butt through it.

DenverBronkHoes
11-13-2008, 08:30 AM
he still dances in the backfield

DenverBronkHoes
11-13-2008, 08:31 AM
i will bet tatum drops 1 on sunday.....

not only that, but it will be recovered by atlants....

Lonestar
11-13-2008, 08:49 AM

pleeeeeease get real your comparing a clown that gets knocked over by mere breeze to what most on here consider HOF TD and the others, get real....

the others mentioned were work horses not spot players, you know change of pace.

If he was a HOF player or remotely even close to anything other than just fast and fumbled then we could talk about it.. shsssssssssssh

Dirk
11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
OMG! All I can say is HOLD ON TO THE BALL TATER!!!

MOtorboat
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
pleeeeeease get real your comparing a clown that gets knocked over by mere breeze to what most on here consider HOF TD and the others, get real....

the others mentioned were work horses not spot players, you know change of pace.

If he was a HOF player or remotely even close to anything other than just fast and fumbled then we could talk about it.. shsssssssssssh

Its a valid stat, and its no reflection or comparison of their actual talent. Just a stat showing that the only real bad fumbling game in Oakland probably gave him a bad rap, and put him, probably unnecessarily into Shanahan's dog house. Instead, after his departure, we've run through running backs like we're playing hot potato with a bunch of third-graders.

So far, as if anyone needs a reminder, here's our feeble attempts this year:

Player Att Yds Y/A Long TD
Michael Pittman 76 320 4.2 20 4
Selvin Young 48 268 5.6 49 1
Andre Hall 35 144 4.1 16 0
Ryan Torain 15 69 4.6 19 1
Peyton Hillis 11 38 3.5 10 0

And here's Tatum's last year in Denver:

Tatum Bell 233 1025 4.4 51 2

topscribe
11-13-2008, 09:11 AM

Shank was talking specifically of fumbles, JR. I think that's a valid comparison
on that isolated issue. To say that Tater fumbled far less than the great Jim
Brown in no way equates Tater to Brown as a RB and football player. I don't
think Shank was doing that . . .

-----

Lonestar
11-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Its a valid stat, and its no reflection or comparison of their actual talent. Just a stat showing that the only real bad fumbling game in Oakland probably gave him a bad rap, and put him, probably unnecessarily into Shanahan's dog house. Instead, after his departure, we've run through running backs like we're playing hot potato with a bunch of third-graders.

So far, as if anyone needs a reminder, here's our feeble attempts this year:

Michael Pittman 76 320 4.2 20 4
Selvin Young 48 268 5.6 49 1
Andre Hall 35 144 4.1 16 0
Ryan Torain 15 69 4.6 19 1
Peyton Hillis 11 38 3.5 10 0

And here's Tatum's last year in Denver:

Tatum Bell 233 1025 4.4 51 2

Good stats yet everyone on that list had a YPC almost as good or higher than tater

It has been the blocking MB and the lack of Will on the OC part that have made the feebleness of our running game this year..

do you really think that with the lousy blocking we have had this year that this out of shape, could not make it in DET clown can do better here? Remember please that when he had those stats we were actually trying to run the ball and had a much better ZBS OLINE than we do now.. this OLINE was designed first to protect the QB in a drop back passing style..

your trying to compare apples and bannanas IMHO

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
All I know is I hope he does well for us. No one knows until he gets a chance.

MOtorboat
11-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Good stats yet everyone on that list had a YPC almost as good or higher than tater

It has been the blocking MB and the lack of Will on the OC part that have made the feebleness of our running game this year..

do you really think that with the lousy blocking we have had this year that this out of shape, could not make it in DET clown can do better here? Remember please that when he had those stats we were actually trying to run the ball and had a much better ZBS OLINE than we do now.. this OLINE was designed first to protect the QB in a drop back passing style..

your trying to compare apples and bannanas IMHO

While I will agree with blocking being a problem, and this being a pass-blocking-oriented team (And a VERY good one at that), that list also features four guys with less than 100 carries, and 3 with less than 50 that are on the IR.

Tatum had 233 in 2006 and 173 in 2005.

The most by any one running back last year was 167.

Lonestar
11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
he is not remotely in football shape it boggles my imagination how desperate Y'all are to think this bozo is going to be our salvation.. he was marginal behind a great OLINE that blocked well for the run..

unless he does it all by himself and gets into football shape overnight I suspect most of you will be calling him a bum AGAIN this time next week..

I'll do it now he has never been the poorti$$$ everyone thought he would be.. a marginal RB that had the ZBS in front of him and allowed him to make wow a thousand yards like everyone else had in this system..

He went to DET and proved to everyone once again it was the system and not the RB.....................

MOtorboat
11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
he is not remotely in football shape it boggles my imagination how desperate Y'all are to think this bozo is going to be our salvation.. he was marginal behind a great OLINE that blocked well for the run..

unless he does it all by himself and gets into football shape overnight I suspect most of you will be calling him a bum AGAIN this time next week..

I'll do it now he has never been the poorti$$$ everyone thought he would be.. a marginal RB that had the ZBS in front of him and allowed him to make wow a thousand yards like everyone else had in this system..

He went to DET and proved to everyone once again it was the system and not the RB.....................

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's the savior, and I wouldn't think that any of us are expecting him to play much this week, anyway. He did go to training camp this year, so it's not like he's been out of football for over a year. He can be in football shape for the Oakland game, I would imagine. He was the best option available to us out their, imo. He knows the system and he's had success, no matter how marginal, in the system.

Plus, he's the last 1,000 yard rusher, and we haven't even been close in 2007 and 2008 to finding his replacement. So why not give him another shot?

Fan in Exile
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM

See now you're changing your story, I know that you've ripped those lines for being incompetent. Now when you want to rip Tater you're saying that they were great.

Also how can you say that he isn't in football shape? Have you seen him work out?

Ziggy
11-13-2008, 10:22 AM
See now you're changing your story, I know that you've ripped those lines for being incompetent. Now when you want to rip Tater you're saying that they were great.

Also how can you say that he isn't in football shape? Have you seen him work out?

Any athlete will tell you that the only way to get into football shape is to be playing football. Selling cell phones isn't going to keep you in football shape regardless of how much you work out. I don't think any of the backs they brought in were in football shape.

No, Tatum is not our answer or salvation. With the injuries we've had, he's basically our 5th string RB. Even though I can't stand the guy, I'd say he's pretty good for a 5th string RB. Unfortunately, we have to play him. Don't look for him to get any tough yards. He never could. He may get lucky and break a long one though.

I'd still rather see Hillis starting at RB with Tater Tot coming in for a change of pace. I don't know if that is how Shanny is planning to use him or not.

Fan in Exile
11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Any athlete will tell you that the only way to get into football shape is to be playing football. Selling cell phones isn't going to keep you in football shape regardless of how much you work out. I don't think any of the backs they brought in were in football shape.

No, Tatum is not our answer or salvation. With the injuries we've had, he's basically our 5th string RB. Even though I can't stand the guy, I'd say he's pretty good for a 5th string RB. Unfortunately, we have to play him. Don't look for him to get any tough yards. He never could. He may get lucky and break a long one though.

I'd still rather see Hillis starting at RB with Tater Tot coming in for a change of pace. I don't know if that is how Shanny is planning to use him or not.

This is one of those pieces of wisdom that should just be dropped. It's just not true that the only way to get in football shape is by playing. That's why people cross train. Just because you think that players don't know any better doesn't actually make it true.

He will be rusty but we won't know what kind of shape he's in until we see him on the field.

Neither you nor Jr actually know what type of shape these guys are in whatever you think you know.

topscribe
11-13-2008, 11:30 AM
This is one of those pieces of wisdom that should just be dropped. It's just not true that the only way to get in football shape is by playing. That's why people cross train. Just because you think that players don't know any better doesn't actually make it true.

He will be rusty but we won't know what kind of shape he's in until we see him on the field.

Neither you nor Jr actually know what type of shape these guys are in whatever you think you know.

Hmmm . . . well, I have to take mild exception here. It does help to be
generally in good shape, yes. But they only way to get into football shape is
to play football, just as the only way to get into basketball shape is to play
basketball . . . same for hockey, tennis, even riding a horse.

The best conditioned athlete I have seen recently is Lance Armstrong. But I
would lay my last dollar down that he would not make it through a football
game.

I think Tater can make an impact for 3 -5 carries in this next game, but it's
going to take a couple games for him to get into football shape.

-----

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Per Shanahan:

“He was the only one left,” joked Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. “Tatum has played well when he’s played here. I think he’s averaged around five yards . . . obviously we needed someone who is familiar with our system and terminology. I don’t think he’s in great football shape yet, but hopefully in a short time he will be.”

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/12/shanahan-cutler-key-bell-knows-broncos-offense/

BroncoWave
11-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Not a single person in this thread has said that he would be. :coffee:

underrated29
11-13-2008, 11:54 AM
yes, tatum can rip the long 60 yarder. But so can young. Young can also CATCH, and break tackles. Tatum cant catch, or break tackles, or hold onto the ball.

Dayne, can plow for yards, he can catch, and he can pass block, he doesnt fumble. We have the speed guy in young, unless we keep hillis at RB- which i now pray we do, we are screwed with bell.

If we keep hillis at RB- then bell will be an ok addition. As his speed will reap benefits after hillis beats up the defense.

I know all thats out there is trash, but...... I still dont like bell.

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I'd rather have Bell over Dayne though. Dude hasn't done anything anywhere he's played.

topscribe
11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
yes, tatum can rip the long 60 yarder. But so can young. Young can also CATCH, and break tackles. Tatum cant catch, or break tackles, or hold onto the ball.

Dayne, can plow for yards, he can catch, and he can pass block, he doesnt fumble. We have the speed guy in young, unless we keep hillis at RB- which i now pray we do, we are screwed with bell.

If we keep hillis at RB- then bell will be an ok addition. As his speed will reap benefits after hillis beats up the defense.

I know all thats out there is trash, but...... I still dont like bell.

Problem is, the Broncos don't have Young right now. They needed somebody.

-----

NightTrainLayne
11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd rather have Bell over Dayne though. Dude hasn't done anything anywhere he's played.

He kicked ass on Madden '97! :beer:

Is that right? Has he been in the league that long. . .maybe I've got the wrong year, but he was unstoppable on Madden one year when he was with the Giants.

Fan in Exile
11-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Hmmm . . . well, I have to take mild exception here. It does help to be
generally in good shape, yes. But they only way to get into football shape is
to play football, just as the only way to get into basketball shape is to play
basketball . . . same for hockey, tennis, even riding a horse.

The best conditioned athlete I have seen recently is Lance Armstrong. But I
would lay my last dollar down that he would not make it through a football
game.

I think Tater can make an impact for 3 -5 carries in this next game, but it's
going to take a couple games for him to get into football shape.

-----

Oh well now you've convinced me Lance Armistrong can't play football so nothing Tatum did could possibly have helped him stay in shape. Brilliant

:banghead:

honz
11-13-2008, 12:18 PM
People complained when we signed a nobody off the streets and now they complain when we sign somebody that has actually done something in the league, even as a member of our Broncos. What do you guys expect? Are you guys waiting for us to grab AP off of waivers?

We were in desperate need of more bodies at RB and we were able to get one that knows our system.

underrated29
11-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh well now you've convinced me Lance Armistrong can't play football so nothing Tatum did could possibly have helped him stay in shape. Brilliant

LOL- THATS the other great thing about dayne. He is already fat and out of shape, he has been his whole life. So we dont need to worry about him getting in shape. he's rounded nicely.

I know, dayne has sucked everywhere, cept here. But i also know he wont be comming back. Lets just hope bell gets a spark in the balls after working at tmobile and decides to take up some balancing classes so he can stay upright.

topscribe
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM

Anything would appear brilliant in comparison to this remark . . . :whoknows:

-----

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
LOL- THATS the other great thing about dayne. He is already fat and out of shape, he has been his whole life. So we dont need to worry about him getting in shape. he's rounded nicely.

I know, dayne has sucked everywhere, cept here. But i also know he wont be comming back. Lets just hope bell gets a spark in the balls after working at tmobile and decides to take up some balancing classes so he can stay upright.

People only remember Dayne being successful here because of that one nice run against Dallas. He only got a total of 270 yards for the entire season and scored a grand total of one touchdown. He's never had a 1,000 yard season either.

Fan in Exile
11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Anything would appear brilliant in comparison to this remark . . . :whoknows:

-----
Don't feel the need to give me any credit Top, your argument about Lance was brilliant without any help from me. You really proved your point with it.

underrated29
11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
People only remember Dayne being successful here because of that one nice run against Dallas. He only got a total of 270 yards for the entire season and scored a grand total of one touchdown. He's never had a 1,000 yard season either.

No he has scored more than that. And no its not the OT run against dallas. Either.

Against SD twice he scored, one a 20 yard td. Also against SD, the last game of the year, Mike anderson couldnt get any yards- 40 maybe, Bell got like 20 yards and Dayne was the only one moving the sticks, when he had like 60 yads on fewer carries.

He has never had 1k plus, anywhere i dont think. But he also wasnt the starter here. He only played the spell back role. I think he might have gotten the start a game or two due to injury but am not sure.

MOtorboat
11-13-2008, 01:13 PM
No he has scored more than that. And no its not the OT run against dallas. Either.

No...actually he didn't.

BroncoJoe
11-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Ron Dayne was (is) a bust. Plain and simple.

He scored ONE touchdown while in Denver. One.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaynRo00.htm

I don't get the Dayne love around here.