PDA

View Full Version : Ooops, by bad -- Internet route problem from Dallas to server--I rebooted it :(

Tned
11-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Since Broncos Talk is our most active forum these days (imagine that :)), I'm putting these updates in here until we are back total stability.

Ok, seems there is something kind of internet line cut between Dallas (where many ISPs hit the major backbones, including my ISP) and where the server is located.

I was not able to reach it, and I even conntected remotely to another webserver I have with work, and couldn't reach the server, so I initiated a remote reboot, so some of you may have seen the server go off line for a couple minutes.

As I type this, I still can't connect. I am remoted into a machine we have in the UK, and browsing back to the forums.

If I had checked the monitoring site I use, I would have seen the site is up, but unreachable from all traffic going through the Dallas routes (which is why it didn't page me).

Location Status Traceroute
1. Seattle, Washington, USA OK do traceroute
2. San Jose, California, USA OK do traceroute
3. Dallas, Texas, USA connection timeout do traceroute
4. Ashburn, Virginia, USA OK do traceroute
5. Chicago, Illinois, USA OK do traceroute
6. Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK OK do traceroute
7. Brisbane, Queensland, Australia OK do traceroute

So, anyway, for those of you like me, who can't hit the server right now, it is working, it is just an internet issue. For those that I rebooted the server on. Ooops :D

Day1BroncoFan
11-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I haven't had a problem at all that I've noticed. I'm in SoCal.

Tned
11-13-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm back up now, but apparently for about 2 hours, traffic between Dallas and the east coast (where the server is located) was down

LordTrychon
11-13-2008, 01:18 AM
It's working....

Now....

Tned
11-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Monitoring site still shows it unreachable from their Dallas test site. ATT has apparently rerouted me to get around the network outage.