PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead

jhns
11-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Has anyone been playing this demo? I think this game has a lot of potential and the demo has sold me on it. I have already pre-ordered it.

This is by far the best co-op game that I have ever seen or played. Not that I have played a lot of them.

NameUsedBefore
11-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah I kinda hacked my way into the demo and it's pretty good. I'm still on the fence; I'll wait for more gameplay videos because I really don't know what the rest of the game is like.

Broncospsycho77
11-14-2008, 08:15 PM
The commercials do look sick for it. Do the graphics match the ones on the ads, because those were jaw-dropping-ly realistic.

NameUsedBefore
11-14-2008, 08:20 PM
It uses an updated Source engine from Half-Life 2. That engine, IMO, is one of the best in the biz. It doesn't have the highest graphics ever or anything of the sort, but it has the bells and whistles (and art direction) to make everything look great without taxing one's system. The animations in the game are very, very good. The infected/zombies do a nice job of wheeling around objects and climbing over counters and really do like very life-like.

NameUsedBefore
11-14-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUwHPcjZC6g

Pretty good video of the demo. Just skip ahead about 1min and make sure to watch on "high quality" because Youtube's ordinary res is crap.

Broncospsycho77
11-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Looks like a good time. One of those games where you don't get too involved in the story or the campaign, but still with arcade-type fun.

That scene where there are just hoards of zombies coming at you in the street, the mass hysteria, the background noises, just looked fun, for lack of a better word... it definitely looked like a casual sort of melodramatic thriller.

NameUsedBefore
11-15-2008, 12:32 AM
It's very fun. Multiplayer is its core, though. One of those games where you just together with some buddies and have a blast. Reminds me of Earth Defense Force except with far more production values.

Foochacho
11-30-2008, 11:02 PM
This game is awesome

Foochacho
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
My 5 year old son loves this game and is better than half the people we play with online. I still play it alot too just wish they had a few more multiplayer levels.