PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller doesn't want to miss any camp time

Magnificent Seven
07-26-2011, 05:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29264/von-miller-doesnt-want-to-miss-any-camp-time

Von Miller doesn’t plan on being a holdout.

Miller met with Denver media Tuesday and in comments released by the team, Miller made it clear he wants to be with the team when it reports to camp Wednesday. The Broncos will hold their first camp practice Thursday.

“I plan on being signed,” Miller said. “Me and my agent, we hadn’t really discussed (holding out). I plan on starting the first day, right on time.”

You can read the rest of article at the above address.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Miller met with Denver media Tuesday and in comments released by the team, Miller made it clear he wants to be with the team when it reports to camp Wednesday. The Broncos will hold their first camp practice Thursday.

“I plan on being signed,” Miller said. “Me and my agent, we hadn’t really discussed (holding out). I plan on starting the first day, right on time.”

rest of article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29264/von-miller-doesnt-want-to-miss-any-camp-time

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
from article - this is great:

“You really can’t be possessive over something that you didn’t have,” Miller said. “You hear about what [Detroit's Ndamukong] Suh made last year and all that stuff, but I’ve been playing football all my life for free, so whatever it is, whatever my contract may be, I’m good with whatever.”

Magnificent Seven
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM

rest of article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29264/von-miller-doesnt-want-to-miss-any-camp-time

I posted it right before you post it. :D

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 05:40 PM
I thought it would be pretty easy to sign rookies in the new CBA because of slotting...

GEM
07-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Merged.

BigSarge87
07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Hopefully they are busy getting more players for this team.

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 06:45 PM
this is great news, seems like a classy guy, i like his glasses....

:coffee:

D1g1tal j1m
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
All the 1st round rookies say that. This will be the first year that the Rookies will be in camp on time due to the slotting system. No more Agent haggling for more money based on last years signings. If this was like the old system, Miller would almost definitely be a hold out for at least a few days (due to negotiations btwn the FO and his Agent).

chazoe60
07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
John Elway hit an upper deck home run with his first pick.

Von will be in the ring of fame some day, that's my bold prediction and I don't make those too often.

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 06:51 PM
All the 1st round rookies say that. This will be the first year that the Rookies will be in camp on time due to the slotting system. No more Agent haggling for more money based on last years signings. If this was like the old system, Miller would almost definitely be a hold out for at least a few days (due to negotiations btwn the FO and his Agent).

nah.....

lol

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Von will be in the ring of fame some day, that's my bold prediction and I don't make those too often.

the dude with the horse teeth found an apple

:coffee:

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 06:58 PM

They do? They say I have played for free to now so whatever it is fine?? Umm. no -- they don't.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 07:14 PM
They do? They say I have played for free to now so whatever it is fine?? Umm. no -- they don't.

Probably because most of them haven't actually been playing for free... :shocked: :coffee:

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Probably because most of them haven't actually been playing for free... :shocked: :coffee:

wow.. so jaded.

Dzone
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Von Miller=Destined For Greatness

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
wow.. so jaded.

Jaded? Perhaps Terrell Pryor can shed some light on the subject. I'd recommend you call Jim Tressel if you need Pryor's number...

:D

D1g1tal j1m
07-26-2011, 09:01 PM

All the 1st rounders say they don't want to miss camp, be with the guys, learn the plays, just want to practice with the guys, etc, etc. In the old system, it wasn't up to the player but what their Agent tells them (even though the Agents work for the players, the rookies defer to the Agent in these matters). Miller seems like a stand up guy, but he isn't immune to the salary issues. He already put his name on the lawsuit along with Payton and the others.

PAINTERDAVE
07-27-2011, 01:35 AM
I loved hearing Von on the radio...

I paraphrase here.

He said..

"I played football for free all my life...
The money I get will be just fine/enough.
I hope I have a great career and over maybe 4, 5 or 6 contracts...
I will EARN what I get paid.
I am blessed to be in a position to play this game and I know it."

I heard that interview.. and It made me really like this new team we are building.

Fox, Elway, Von, Tebow and all the other great charactor/ high talent guys...
I am excited about this team.

PAINTERDAVE
07-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I think the days of arrogant rookies swaggering into camp after long holdouts ..

I think those days may be over...

This contract has sent a mesage to the pups...

From owners AND veteran players...

"You aint all that... yet... if ever, boy."

They should call it the "Jamarcus Cap"

Sinthor
07-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I LOVE the whole rookie wage system and hold out rules with the new CBA. WAAAAY overdue in coming. Having guys paid like Bradford, Stafford and Russell, before they even step on the field and having such giant sums guaranteed without performance to back it up is just plain stupid. Glad those days are over with! Think about it. Teams that don't want it will actually BE ABLE to trade draft spots like the #1 and #2. Teams won't have to be scared of getting those spots going forward.

Lonestar
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM

Let's hope it was not an upper deck foul ball.

Would rather had a stud DT.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Anyone know if he's close to signing, yet?

Have any of our draftees signed? I haven't seen anything and camp started today...

Davii
07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Anyone know if he's close to signing, yet?

Have any of our draftees signed? I haven't seen anything and camp started today...

First practice is 8 tomorrow, expect news of signings tonight and tomorrow morning.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
First practice is 8 tomorrow, expect news of signings tonight and tomorrow morning.

Isn't there a 4 PM meeting today?

Davii
07-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Isn't there a 4 PM meeting today?

Yes there was, but tomorrows practice is the cut off for rooks to be considered hold outs.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes there was, but tomorrows practice is the cut off for rooks to be considered hold outs.

Thanks. :2thumbs:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Wonder if the rookies are being put on hold, as there are just so many people within the Broncos' organization who can negotiate, and looks like first priorities are free agents, plus trades first.

Davii
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Wonder if the rookies are being put on hold, as there are just so many people within the Broncos' organization who can negotiate, and looks like first priorities are free agents, plus trades first.

I don't think so Carol. At least if they are it's pretty foolish as no players not under contract can partake in practices or team activities after today.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't think so Carol. At least if they are it's pretty foolish as no players not under contract can partake in practices or team activities after today.

At 4 p.m., the Broncos opened training camp with a full-squad team meeting. New head coach John Fox is going to tape names on the front of everyone’s helmets. At least that’s what some players said was the plan yesterday.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/27/training-camp-2011-is-open-von-miller-and-draft-picks-officially-holdouts/8237/

Let's hope the midnight oil is burning at Dove Valley. One other thing to consider, more than likely, the agents for the Broncos' rookies are also agents for other NFL rookies, and free agents.

What the Broncos' and every other team are trying to accomplish in a very condensed time frame this year, used to be spread out over the off season.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
The Broncos have reached an agreement on a four-year contract with linebacker Von Miller, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.

Miller has left the hotel and will be arriving at Dove Valley to sign his contract soon.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/28/von-miller-to-sign-contract-soon/8326/

Lonestar
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Nice to have structure with the rookies

Makes getting this stuff done easier.

All Xman has to say is hey y'all voted for it.

broncofaninfla
07-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Let the Von Miller dynasty begin. He wasn't my first choice but he's who we got. I sure hope this kid is a bonifide stud.....