PDA

View Full Version : Leaner, stronger Moreno hopes to finally meet expectationsNFL.com

T.K.O.
07-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Leaner, stronger Moreno hopes to finally meet expectationsNFL.com
Published: July 23, 2011 at 04:25 p.m. Updated: July 23, 2011 at 04:54 p.m. Liked: 4 | Comments: 51 Email Like
Print Read Discuss Friend(s) Email Your Email Send Email By NFL.com More Columns > Knowshon Moreno was drafted 12th overall by the Denver Broncos in 2009, but his production in his first two seasons likely has left team brass wondering if they made the right choice.

Moreno suffered a knee injury in his rookie training camp, then experienced serious hamstring issues last year. When he has been on the field, he has shown little of the explosiveness that the Broncos believed would make him a star, managing just three runs of more than 20 yards last season.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
But Moreno has spent this offseason trying to change both perception and performance. The 24-year-old has logged serious hours in the gym, reshaping his body with the hope of finally fulfilling expectations. He has dropped from 215 to 200 pounds while adding strength, especially in those troubled hamstrings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820eec0a/article/leaner-stronger-moreno-hopes-to-finally-meet-expectations

Canmore
07-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Leaner, stronger Moreno hopes to finally meet expectationsNFL.com
Published: July 23, 2011 at 04:25 p.m. Updated: July 23, 2011 at 04:54 p.m. Liked: 4 | Comments: 51 Email Like
Print Read Discuss Friend(s) Email Your Email Send Email By NFL.com More Columns > Knowshon Moreno was drafted 12th overall by the Denver Broncos in 2009, but his production in his first two seasons likely has left team brass wondering if they made the right choice.

Moreno suffered a knee injury in his rookie training camp, then experienced serious hamstring issues last year. When he has been on the field, he has shown little of the explosiveness that the Broncos believed would make him a star, managing just three runs of more than 20 yards last season.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
But Moreno has spent this offseason trying to change both perception and performance. The 24-year-old has logged serious hours in the gym, reshaping his body with the hope of finally fulfilling expectations. He has dropped from 215 to 200 pounds while adding strength, especially in those troubled hamstrings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820eec0a/article/leaner-stronger-moreno-hopes-to-finally-meet-expectations

I think that this is why those of us think Moreno hasn't lived up to his 12th selection in the draft. He has been solid but we want more. A whole training camp might be a starting spot. Moreno should definitely see the ball this season. Hopefully he shows signs of why he was taken 12th and that means more than a solid starter.

BroncoStud
07-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Gem in 3... 2... 1...

:laugh::laugh:

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Lets hope he's exactly what we hoped for. I'm looking forward to having an improved Moreno...hopefully much more of what we saw in the last of the season. I like his energy, and if he can stay healthy, can be a solid asset.

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
it should read....

"Leaner, stronger Moreno hopes to finally continue bouncing backwards off
O-Linemen for 16 straight regular season games! :eek:

CoachChaz
07-26-2011, 08:27 PM
But we have Fannin now...we dont need anyone else to run the ball

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 09:11 PM
For everyone busting Moreno's hairy beanbag about not living up to "draft status", how long did it take Darren McFadden to finally make an impact for the Raiders? I have no doubt that Moreno will be just fine as long as we start committing to running the football and balancing the offense.

John Fox has never had a bad running game and has even made not-so-good RBs into solid starters in the past. Moreno has the talent to get the job done.

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 09:17 PM
KnoMo manscapes.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Now the question is just whether or not Broncos Nation will run him out of town or not before he can show us what he's really got. I'm looking forward to watching him whether it's in a Broncos uni or not - I like KnoMo and have made no bones about that.

shank
07-26-2011, 09:30 PM

knomo, deangelo, and fannin; cerberus.

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
I loved that Elway leaked that McD thought he he screwed the pooch after drafting him.. if he doesn't show up this year with that and the bust lable hanging around his neck he will be done..
that was the best thing that could happen to him, the broncos and his nether regions..

T.K.O.
07-26-2011, 10:25 PM
:salute:
Now the question is just whether or not Broncos Nation will run him out of town or not before he can show us what he's really got. I'm looking forward to watching him whether it's in a Broncos uni or not - I like KnoMo and have made no bones about that.

broncos nation ?...we can't run anyone out of town.
he will get his best opportunity starting.....NOW !
i think he has proven he can play in the NFL....now he has to prove he can be a THREAT.
12th picks are supposed to strike fear in the hearts of opposing :defense:
i am hoping he does!

Sinthor
07-27-2011, 02:17 AM
I've been very disappointed in Moreno as I'm sure most of us have been. However, you've got to like that he seems to actually be showing some fight! Remolding his body and getting stronger as well as trying to get his mental attitude straight is promising. I hope he succeeds! It would be great to see him truly step up and become very productive. Several other players have been talking much the same including Royal. This team has been without swagger for too long. Let's hope this year is the year that it happens.

atwater27
07-27-2011, 06:25 PM

:confused:
That is some pretty flawed logic there.

Agent of Orange
07-28-2011, 02:25 AM
I've been very disappointed in Moreno as I'm sure most of us have been. However, you've got to like that he seems to actually be showing some fight! Remolding his body and getting stronger as well as trying to get his mental attitude straight is promising. I hope he succeeds! It would be great to see him truly step up and become very productive. Several other players have been talking much the same including Royal. This team has been without swagger for too long. Let's hope this year is the year that it happens.

No, I don't have to like that. Id actually prefer that he give back some money from the past two years. Where was this dedication then (that was rhetorical)?