PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos putting quarterback Kyle Orton on the trading block

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tned
07-26-2011, 08:00 AM
According to Mike Klis

To begin the business of Day One of the NFL's 2011 season, the Broncos will place quarterback Kyle Orton on the trading block.

Welcome, coach John Fox, to the never-dull, always-changing world of Broncos football.

With the NFL trading period opening at 8 a.m. today, Orton's days as the Broncos' starting QB may be down to hours. The Broncos will be entertaining offers for Orton, according to two NFL sources.

Read more: Denver Broncos putting quarterback Kyle Orton on the trading block - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18549001#ixzz1TDRpHup4
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Tned
07-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Here's a comment from Ross Tucker on Orton:

RT @RossTuckerNFL: Hilarious that some question giving up a 3rd Rd pick for Orton. A lot of 3rd Rd picks never play a down. Orton's a winning starting QB.

chazoe60
07-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Here's a comment from Ross Tucker on Orton:

I guess Ross Tucker missed the last two seasons. As a Bronco fan I don't see Orton as a "winning starting QB".

threefolddead
07-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Ross didn't watch him literally quit on the Broncos last year. It really pissed me off watching him loose interest and have zero heart in his game. He's a decent QB with zero passion. Made me sick

BigSarge87
07-26-2011, 08:37 AM
HURRY! Lets see how many more 'Orton sucks' posts we can get in before he's traded!

Lonestar
07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
HURRY! Lets see how many more 'Orton sucks' posts we can get in before he's traded!
Scary thought that folks will trash someone on the block.

They hate him that much?

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I am interested to see what the Broncos get for Orton. Anything from a 2nd to a 6th wouldn't shock me.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 09:01 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fb7ca/article/broncos-reportedly-want-to-trade-orton-to-clear-way-for-tebow?module=HP11_headline_stack

NFL.com reports the same.

UnderArmour
07-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Ross didn't watch him literally quit on the Broncos last year. It really pissed me off watching him loose interest and have zero heart in his game. He's a decent QB with zero passion. Made me sick

Bullshit. Orton was getting absolutely pummeled back there. He was the heart and soul of our football team because we had absolutely no running game to speak of. The entire game was on Orton's arm because unlike Tebow, he doesn't have any legs to set up a running game(and even that didn't stop him from gaining 8 or 9 yards on a rush every now and then because teams keyed in on our passing attack). Orton gave everything he had to give. Could he have been a better mentor? Maybe. But did he set a good example for Tebow in his work habits and day to day regime? Definitely.

Orton was a class act and I wish him the best. I'm not going to say "OMFG I HATE ORTON THAT GUY DIDNT TRY FOR US AT ALL HE HAD CRACKED RIBS FROM BUSTING HIS ASS IN A SEASON THAT WAS DOOMED BECAUSE OUR DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE AND HE HAD NO RUNNING GAME TO SUPPORT OMFG THIS IS ALL ORTONS FAULT!!!" just because i like Tebow more. With that said, I'm glad we are trading him, but it isn't because Orton is a bad player or he doesn't try, it's because I believe Tim Tebow is will become a franchise QB for whom the sky is the limit while Orton's limit was reached last year. Here's hoping for a good haul of draft picks! :beer:

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 09:12 AM
WTF trades have been open for 12 minutes, DO SOMETHING LOL

Northman
07-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Hopefully we can get a decent draft pick for him. He at least has some games under his belt and can help a team out in some regard. Its time to see what Tebow has anyway so im glad we arent going to keep forcing him to sit on the bench.

LordTrychon
07-26-2011, 09:17 AM
WTF trades have been open for 12 minutes, DO SOMETHING LOL

I know. I'm sick of all the waiting.

I'm kinda hoping he goes to Washington.

They may overpay, and they could really use a QB... and I'm already rooting for them a bit, as I likely will continue to root for Orton.

Northman
07-26-2011, 09:22 AM
I doubt Shanny would be interested.

Tned
07-26-2011, 09:22 AM

They hate him that much?

Yea, I can't imagine a poster hating a player so much that s/he would trash them -- when they are a Bronco, when they are on the block or after they are traded... Nope, just can't imagine that ever happening. Scary. :rolleyes:

LordTrychon
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I doubt Shanny would be interested.

Nah... you may be right... though Allen may be... and you know Snyder's not easy to convince to just sit back and wait things out.

Probably not the best fit for Orton, so it's the worst thing that could happen to him... the last thing he needs is to go to another team where he's at best a 2-3 year solution.

Best thing for him is a team that would give him a real shot at starting long term. If that exists. Not so sure.

UrbanBounca
07-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Since 2005, Orton has two winning seasons, both of which are for the Chicago Bears. Granted, he didn't play much in 2006-2007, but when all is said and done, Orton is not a winner. He may be a good guy, but you need more than "good guy" status to win.

LTC Pain
07-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Bullshit. Orton was getting absolutely pummeled back there. He was the heart and soul of our football team because we had absolutely no running game to speak of. The entire game was on Orton's arm because unlike Tebow, he doesn't have any legs to set up a running game(and even that didn't stop him from gaining 8 or 9 yards on a rush every now and then because teams keyed in on our passing attack). Orton gave everything he had to give. Could he have been a better mentor? Maybe. But did he set a good example for Tebow in his work habits and day to day regime? Definitely.

Orton was a class act and I wish him the best. I'm not going to say "OMFG I HATE ORTON THAT GUY DIDNT TRY FOR US AT ALL HE HAD CRACKED RIBS FROM BUSTING HIS ASS IN A SEASON THAT WAS DOOMED BECAUSE OUR DEFENSE WAS GARBAGE AND HE HAD NO RUNNING GAME TO SUPPORT OMFG THIS IS ALL ORTONS FAULT!!!" just because i like Tebow more. With that said, I'm glad we are trading him, but it isn't because Orton is a bad player or he doesn't try, it's because I believe Tim Tebow is will become a franchise QB for whom the sky is the limit while Orton's limit was reached last year. Here's hoping for a good haul of draft picks! :beer:

Without a running game and a sometimes questionable O-line a lot did rest on Orton's arm last year. But trying to describe Orton as the "heart and soul of this football team" is BS. He had his problems too. And I like Orton and would not be disappointed if he was the starting QB this season. Correct, last season was not Orton's fault. "Heart and soul", ughh, way incorrect.

Mike
07-26-2011, 09:34 AM
MN is the best fit for him. Get er done.

topscribe
07-26-2011, 09:41 AM

They hate him that much?

Yes they do. And some have hated him ever since he stepped off the plane from Chicago.

You're even going to get derogatory comments for this post . . .

-----

BigDaddyBronco
07-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I would rather get a DT for him than a draft pick, but player for player trades don't happen very much in the NFL anymore.

BroncoJoe
07-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the effort, Kyle and good luck. You just aren't a good fit for a Broncos QB.

topscribe
07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Since 2005, Orton has two winning seasons, both of which are for the Chicago Bears. Granted, he didn't play much in 2006-2007, but when all is said and done, Orton is not a winner. He may be a good guy, but you need more than "good guy" status to win.

Correction. Orton was 8-7 in 2009 and 2-1 in 2007.

As for last year, he did prove to be a poor defender, didn't he? :nod:

-----

LTC Pain
I would rather get a DT for him than a draft pick, but player for player trades don't happen very much in the NFL anymore.

Orton to the Cards for Dan Williams straight up :):):)

Ravage!!!

They hate him that much?

Most ironic post....... EVER

underrated29
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I want orton traded as much as the next guy- for the right price that is.

But who do you want q-ing your tea.:
Grossman
Tarvaris jackson
Hasselbeck
Bennett
Who ever Miamis qb is
dereck anderson
Kyle orton

If you honestly would take any of the over orton you are a liar.

Tned
07-26-2011, 09:46 AM

RT @MaxBroncos: 4-year starter at Minnesota; 72-to-51 career TD-to-INT ratio. @Adam_Weber8 I'm headed out to Denver to join the Broncos!

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 09:46 AM
This isn't a shocker. This is what pretty much everyone (excluding top) expected and knew was happening. Its GOOD that its on its way rather than dragging it out and being a distraction and constant irritation through the small number of pre-season practices we have.

The Bronco fans have moved on and away from Orton long ago, its good to see that the front office came with us.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 09:48 AM

You mean like, Cutler, Marshall, Shanahan etc... :confused:

I don't hate Orton at all. I just don't think he's a good fit for the Broncos. I hope he goes somewhere and does well and still starts.

Most of all, I hope we get something decent in return for him.

topscribe
07-26-2011, 09:56 AM

I don't hate Orton at all. I just don't think he's a good fit for the Broncos. I hope he goes somewhere and does well and still starts.

Good post, although I'm not sure about the fit part. Fox will apparently have a
run-heavy offense with a lot of play-action. Orton made the play-action work
last year . . . with virtually no running game.

But the FO is apparently caving to the fans. And that's where they get the
money to play in the first place. I'm not given to caving, but I do understand.

If the Broncos do get enough compensation to justify a trade, I hope Orton
goes to a team that will give him some semblance of a running game and a
little more than a zero defense. I would just like to see him get a decent
chance.

-----

BigDaddyBronco
07-26-2011, 09:57 AM

Tebow, Quinn, and Weber dosen't sound too bad. If Tebow doesn't get hurt.

LTC Pain
07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Tebow, Quinn, and Weber dosen't sound too bad. If Tebow doesn't get hurt.

Same here.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 09:59 AM

money to play in the first place. I'm not given to caving, but I do understand . . .

-----

I don't think the FO is caving to the fans at all. Even though this FO had little to do with drafting Tebow, he was still a 1st round draft pick that played well down the strech.
Orton is due to make big bucks so trading him makes total sense at this point so we have extra $$ to sign free agents.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 10:00 AM
MN is the best fit for him. Get er done.

yes and no. They need a vet QB for sure, but they have their newly drafted QB on the roster. Do they spend a 3rd round pick for a one year rental? Not sure.

BroncoJoe
07-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Weber wore #8 in college.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

UrbanBounca
07-26-2011, 10:01 AM

If Orton couldn't do anything for the worthless Broncos of 2010, he doesn't deserve starting anywhere.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
If Orton couldn't do anything for the worthless Broncos of 2010, he doesn't deserve starting anywhere.

:confused:

So...the team was already worthless, and Orton should have saved them. Therefore, because he didn't, the league should black ball him?

topscribe
07-26-2011, 10:03 AM

-----

topscribe
07-26-2011, 10:04 AM

So...the team was already worthless, and Orton should have saved them. Therefore, because he didn't, the league should black ball him?

I didn't see your :confused: before I posted my :confused:

:laugh:

-----

Tned
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM

You and I don't always agree, but yea, it was.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 10:06 AM

I'm a bit confused on this. I'm not a big Orton guy, and think of him as mainly a "place holder" on most rosters... and will be for the rest of his career. But I'm truly confused as to where you get this... unless you are just doing your best to throw hand-grenades in order to start an argument?

Why? Those that wanted to see Orton gone are getting their wish. Hell, I'm getting MY wish on this. So why start arguments on how good/bad he was when it doesn't matter. He's in the past and was a 2 year starter for us. Thats the extent of his Bronco affiliation.

I wish him well, I don't have a hate for the guy. I was just ready to move on.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
You and I don't always agree, but yea, it was.

The Broncos community has began the healing process with the new CBA in place.

BroncoJoe
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
So now we’re clear that the Broncos are making quarterback Kyle Orton very available.

Who will be interested?

In Arizona, Orton would make sense as a backup plan if the Cardinals can’t acquire Kevin Kolb. In Miami, Orton may be the first option.

“The first Dolphins call [Tuesday] will be to Denver to survey the cost for Orton,” according to Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

topscribe
07-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't think the FO is caving to the fans at all. Even though this FO had little to do with drafting Tebow, he was still a 1st round draft pick that played well down the strech.
Orton is due to make big bucks so trading him makes total sense at this point so we have extra $$ to sign free agents.

Tebow played okay for a rookie, but his accomplishments have been artificially
magnified. I just think they're rolling the dice because they have only three
games on this level in which to judge him.

I don't believe Orton's salary should be a consideration. Just about everyone in
football, to whose interviews I have listened, have said that if Orton stays this
year he will likely start. If that is the case, then Orton's salary is fine for a
starter.

No, I don't believe "fit" is the criterion to Orton's possible departure. Nor is his
salary, IMO. I think it is the 86%.

-----

Northman
07-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm a bit confused on this. I'm not a big Orton guy, and think of him as mainly a "place holder" on most rosters... and will be for the rest of his career. But I'm truly confused as to where you get this... unless you are just doing your best to throw hand-grenades in order to start an argument?

Why? Those that wanted to see Orton gone are getting their wish. Hell, I'm getting MY wish on this. So why start arguments on how good/bad he was when it doesn't matter. He's in the past and was a 2 year starter for us. Thats the extent of his Bronco affiliation.

I wish him well, I don't have a hate for the guy. I was just ready to move on.

Same here, sadly, i saw more upside with Tebow in 3 games than i ever did with Orton in 2 years.

BroncoNut
07-26-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't like the term trading block when talking about a person. It's degrading to the person and humanity. Trading blocks should only be used with animals and slaves imo

TheDave
This just makes too much sense... KO's value will never be any higher than it is right now.

Trade him and get what you casn get.

On the other side, for better or worse you see what you have in tebow. If he is a stud then obviously life is good, if not then we are closer to winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. This is a good, quick move by Elway and Co

Denver Native (Carol)
On the following link, Orton is #2 behind Palmer out of 10 available QBs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820e9d85/article/trades-offer-best-options-for-teams-in-need-of-quarterback-help#photo=1

Again - if Orton is traded - the Broncos will need to bring in a 3rd qb

Northman
07-26-2011, 10:30 AM
This just makes too much sense... KO's value will never be any higher than it is right now.

Trade him and get what you casn get.

On the other side, for better or worse you see what you have in tebow. If he is a stud then obviously life is good, if not then we are closer to winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. This is a good, quick move by Elway and Co

Sup Dave. How ya been man? :D:beer:

Mike
07-26-2011, 10:31 AM
On the following link, Orton is #2 behind Palmer out of 10 available QBs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820e9d85/article/trades-offer-best-options-for-teams-in-need-of-quarterback-help#photo=1

Again - if Orton is traded - the Broncos will need to bring in a 3rd qb

I am not the biggest Orton fan, but I would hesitate to put him behind Palmer. Palmer is living off past accomplishments and has shown nothing to be positive about, despite solid RBs and very good WRs.

TheDave
07-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Sup Dave. How ya been man? :D:beer:

Just holding my breath till this "Deal" got resolved.

It is Soooo nice to be able to talk Football!!!

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
I am not the biggest Orton fan, but I would hesitate to put him behind Palmer. Palmer is living off past accomplishments and has shown nothing to be positive about, despite solid RBs and very good WRs.

I see your point, but I think the Broncos had better WRs last year then the Bengals. I would take Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, DT and Decker over Ocho, To and Shipley. On that I would take Knowshon, (who needs to show more) over Benson too, he is younger and I am not a fan of Benson at all.
But Carson hasn't been the same since he hurt his knee

Northman
07-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Just holding my breath till this "Deal" got resolved.

It is Soooo nice to be able to talk Football!!!

Amen to that brother. :beer:

chazoe60
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
The FO is not caving to the fans they are doing what is most assuredly the best thing for this franchise in the long run. Orton had no future with this franchise the second McD was canned and to keep him for one season does nothing for the goal of winning a SB.

Can't wait until it's official. I will break open a bottle of bubbly tonight, or whenever it happens.

Northman
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I see your point, but I think the Broncos had better WRs last year then the Bengals. I would take Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, DT and Decker over Ocho, To and Shipley. On that I would take Knowshon, (who needs to show more) over Benson too, he is younger and I am not a fan of Benson at all.
But Carson hasn't been the same since he hurt his knee

Are you talking as a whole? If yes, than i might agree. But Ocho is still a better receiver than anyone on our squad.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Are you talking as a whole? If yes, than i might agree. But Ocho is still a better receiver than anyone on our squad.

I don't think Ocho is better than Lloyd and I wouldn't trade DT for him. Ocho is older, slower and too much of a head case. He is out there for a trade right now and no one wants him, or they might but he isn't at the top of the list. 5 years ago he was great, agreed, but if we are talking about a player living off the past look no further.

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Tebow played okay for a rookie, but his accomplishments have been artificially
magnified. I just think they're rolling the dice because they have only three
games on this level in which to judge him.

I don't believe Orton's salary should be a consideration. Just about everyone in
football, to whose interviews I have listened, have said that if Orton stays this
year he will likely start. If that is the case, then Orton's salary is fine for a
starter.

No, I don't believe "fit" is the criterion to Orton's possible departure. Nor is his
salary, IMO. I think it is the 86%.

-----
Are you gonna be OK when this is all over? I mean, do you have someone who will be around during the next 48 hours just in case?

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't think Ocho is better than Lloyd and I wouldn't trade DT for him. Ocho is older, slower and too much of a head case. He is out there for a trade right now and no one wants him, or they might but he isn't at the top of the list. 5 years ago he was great, agreed, but if we are talking about a player living off the past look no further.

You sure are making alot of assumptions here. First of all, how do you know what the interest level in him is? Have you placed calls to the Bengals? Second, I think anyone who really follows him knows he's not a head case. He's been pretty public saying he wants to stay in Cincy. Doesn't sound like a headcase to me. Third, he is definitely better than any WR on our team other than Lloyd.

I'm sorry but there is no way our WR corps was better than Cincy's last year. Ocho, TO, and Shipley were all better last season than any WR on our team not named Lloyd.

But anyway, back to topic.

BroncoStud
I know. I'm sick of all the waiting.

I'm kinda hoping he goes to Washington.

They may overpay, and they could really use a QB... and I'm already rooting for them a bit, as I likely will continue to root for Orton.

Doesn't Washington already have the QB that took Orton's Bears to the Super Bowl? :laugh:

I don't think Kyle is mobile enough for Shanahan's system.

turftoad

I agree. However........ I don't think Lloyd is all that. IMO, his numbers will drop big time this year. He was a product of McFired system. That is all. :D

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Are you gonna be OK when this is all over? I mean, do you have someone who will be around during the next 48 hours just in case?

Yeah, hopefully someone has removed all sharp objects and anything that could be fashioned into a noose from his general vicinity.

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
I came back here away from my regular boards solely to see how you were handling all this and whether or not you'd come back down to Earth yet, top.

It's funny you mention salary not being a consideration, but I was honestly just arguing with my brother that the team could possibly just cut him outright if they can't find a trade partner. I realize that's silly because there will obviously be a trade partner and they'll just take whatever they can get, but I think Orton's salary is a major consideration and, aside from avoiding controversy, the main reason he will eventually be traded.

It's hilarious how now, in the end, all the debate over who will start is looking more and more foolish in retrospect. Tebow is a psychological force that will not be resisted. Dude's gonna have me going to church and saying prayers and shit by the end of the season.

Thnikkaman
07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Doesn't Washington already have the QB that took Orton's Bears to the Super Bowl? :laugh:

I don't think Kyle is mobile enough for Shanahan's system.

But Washington doesn't have the defense that took Orton's Bears to the Super Bowl.

And without Orton getting the Bears into the playoffs, there is no Bears super bowl.

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:04 AM
I agree. However........ I don't think Lloyd is all that. IMO, his numbers will drop big time this year. He was a product of McFired system. That is all. :D

I don't see how you could watch all of the amazing highlight catches he made last season and say they were the product of a system. Will his numbers drop? Probably, due to the new offense. But to completely dismiss his season as a produce of McD's system couldn't be more off-base IMO.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't see how you could watch all of the amazing highlight catches he made last season and say they were the product of a system. Will his numbers drop? Probably, due to the new offense. But to completely dismiss his season as a produce of McD's system couldn't be more off-base IMO.

I watched him the last 8 years and he didn't do crap til last year. Thats how I make my assumption. One good year does not make a player.

Tned
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
I watched him the last 8 years and he didn't do crap til last year. Thats how I make my assumption. One good year does not make a player.

I hope Lloyd produces this year like last, but I am amazed how people discount the fact that he's had one good year. It might have been a breakout year, or it might have been an anomaly.

rationalfan
07-26-2011, 11:17 AM

given the new company line of "we will run the ball" i think you could say all the receivers' stats will be down a bit.

my opinion: lloyd will have another good year.

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:17 AM

So that means you can completely discount what he did last season? It takes some players longer to get it than others. The fact that he stuck in the league for 8 years (despite your assertion that he "didn't do crap") shows that coaches saw something in him or he wouldn't have kept getting chances. Now his numbers probably were inflated by the system, but if you're honestly going to say that he was nothing more than a product of McD's system, then is REALLY makes me question how closely you watched him last season. Hell, even in the last 3 games when McD was gone and we dumbed down the system for Tebow, Lloyd still put up solid numbers. But I suppose that was all due to a guy who wasn't even coaching there at the time.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 11:21 AM
So that means you can completely discount what he did last season? It takes some players longer to get it than others. The fact that he stuck in the league for 8 years (despite your assertion that he "didn't do crap") shows that coaches saw something in him or he wouldn't have kept getting chances. Now his numbers probably were inflated by the system, but if you're honestly going to say that he was nothing more than a product of McD's system, then is REALLY makes me question how closely you watched him last season. Hell, even in the last 3 games when McD was gone and we dumbed down the system for Tebow, Lloyd still put up solid numbers. But I suppose that was all due to a guy who wasn't even coaching there at the time.

Show me where I said he didn't have a good season last year. :confused: I said his stats would drop and last year was partly due to the system.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I hope Lloyd produces this year like last, but I am amazed how people discount the fact that he's had one good year. It might have been a breakout year, or it might have been an anomaly.

Exactly my point. I do hope he keeps it up.

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Show me where I said he didn't have a good season last year. :confused: I said his stats would drop and last year was partly due to the system.

Well duh his stats are going to drop, we have a very raw QB starting and a coach coming in who likes to run the ball. His stats are going to drop due to those circumstances. That doesn't make last season a fluke though. McD has been a coach in the NFL for what, 8-9 years? How many WRs in those years have put up the stats that Lloyd did last year? Maybe Welker and Moss? (both elite NFL players) Regardless of the system, you still have to have talent to perform in it, and Lloyd proved to me last season that he has that talent.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Well duh his stats are going to drop, we have a very raw QB starting and a coach coming in who likes to run the ball. His stats are going to drop due to those circumstances. That doesn't make last season a fluke though. McD has been a coach in the NFL for what, 8-9 years? How many WRs in those years have put up the stats that Lloyd did last year? Maybe Welker and Moss? (both elite NFL players) Regardless of the system, you still have to have talent to perform in it, and Lloyd proved to me last season that he has that talent.

I hope you're right. However, it takes more than one year out of 8-9 to convince me, but, like I said, I hope you're right.

BroncoStud
07-26-2011, 11:31 AM

Grossman
Tarvaris jackson
Hasselbeck
Bennett
Who ever Miamis qb is
dereck anderson
Kyle orton

ANY price works. If we don't trade him this year he walks for FREE next year.

BroncoStud
07-26-2011, 11:38 AM
But Washington doesn't have the defense that took Orton's Bears to the Super Bowl.

And without Orton getting the Bears into the playoffs, there is no Bears super bowl.

Grossman started ALL 16 regular season for the Bears in 2006. I'm not sure what you are alluding to.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
You sure are making alot of assumptions here. First of all, how do you know what the interest level in him is? Have you placed calls to the Bengals? Second, I think anyone who really follows him knows he's not a head case. He's been pretty public saying he wants to stay in Cincy. Doesn't sound like a headcase to me. Third, he is definitely better than any WR on our team other than Lloyd.

I'm sorry but there is no way our WR corps was better than Cincy's last year. Ocho, TO, and Shipley were all better last season than any WR on our team not named Lloyd.

Have I placed calls to the Bengals NO, have I called the Broncos, nope but I hear they have a QB on the market. I guess there is other ways to obtain information.
Ocho is a head case, did you watch the TO Ocho show?
I never said he wasn't better than anyone named Lloyd, I said Lloyd is better and I wouldn't trade DT for him. DT is younger with more up side and could reach the level Ocho obtained 5 years ago, maybe, but Ocho isn't ever going to be the player he was 5 years ago.

underrated29
07-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Very true but if he does walk and becomes a starter somewhere we can probably expect a 3rd rd compensatory pick. So imo we should not take anything less than that. and try to get it this year instead of the following.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2011, 11:42 AM
We’re still waiting on the Broncos to release the full list of undrafted free agent additions, but Minnesota Gophers quarterback Adam Weber looks like he’ll be among them.

Weber posted a message on his Twitter page Tuesday morning that he was “headed out to Denver to join the Broncos.”

rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/26/broncos-adding-another-arm/8090/

BroncoNut
07-26-2011, 11:45 AM

I like Lloyd, but I'm not even sure about all of that. Unless your talking right now. then possibly

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I like Lloyd, but I'm not even sure about all of that. Unless your talking right now. then possibly

Yeah, I just meant last season. But yeah, if you count their whole careers, well then it's not even a debate which team's WR's are better. TO and Ocho and their primes are leaps and bounds ahead of anything the Broncos have.

Slick
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Great news. I don't hate Kyle, but watching him behind center for the last two years left me uninspired as a fan.

There were times in the last two seasons when I fell asleep on the couch during games.

I hope he gets dealt quickly.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
The University of Minnesota's all-time leading passer and receiver, Adam Weber and Eric Decker, apparently will be teammates again, this time the Denver Broncos.

"I'm headed out to Denver to join the Broncos!" Weber, an undrafted rookie free agent, wrote on his Twitter account today.

Weber's father, Bob, a former Gophers player, said his son plans to catch a flight to Denver this afternoon and begin training camp Wednesday. The Broncos' preseason opener is Aug. 11 at Dallas.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18551189

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Have I placed calls to the Bengals NO, have I called the Broncos, nope but I hear they have a QB on the market. I guess there is other ways to obtain information.
Ocho is a head case, did you watch the TO Ocho show?
I never said he wasn't better than anyone named Lloyd, I said Lloyd is better and I wouldn't trade DT for him. DT is younger with more up side and could reach the level Ocho obtained 5 years ago, maybe, but Ocho isn't ever going to be the player he was 5 years ago.

Research all the stuff Ocho does for Bengals fans, fans of other teams, and his community. Yeah he's a goofball with his reality TV shows and such, but I hardly think that makes him a headcase. He's never been in trouble with the law, never in trouble with the league (other than petty things like TD celebrations), and other than one offseason several years ago, has never really caused any problems in the Bengals locker room. He's put up borderline hall of fame stats in his career and definitely has a hall of fame personality and heart. Yeah he is older and past his prime now, but I'd still be proud to have him as a Bronco.

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Grossman
Tarvaris jackson
Hasselbeck
Bennett
Who ever Miamis qb is
dereck anderson
Kyle orton

Good point -- I would not want to replace one backup QB with another back-up from your list.. having said that one would believe the best course of action is have a starting caliber QB start and play QB for your team..

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Just announced on ESPN that Mike Brown said the Bengals will NOT be trading Carson Palmer. That is GREAT news for Orton's trade value.

BroncoNut
07-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Great news. I don't hate Kyle, but watching him behind center for the last two years left me uninspired as a fan.

There were times in the last two seasons when I fell asleep on the couch during games.

that there, what Slick says. I've been bored with Bronco football that last several years. Not just because of orton. the playcalling of some too

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 11:55 AM

Agreed -- May his inflated passing stats net the Broncos and equally inflated draft pick or starting quality player.. or both.. I'm greedy!

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm 90% sure that if he we don't trade him this year, he walks for free this year.

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm 90% sure that if he we don't trade him this year, he walks for free this year.

I am 50% sure I don't underdstand this statement 100%.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Research all the stuff Ocho does for Bengals fans, fans of other teams, and his community. Yeah he's a goofball with his reality TV shows and such, but I hardly think that makes him a headcase. He's never been in trouble with the law, never in trouble with the league (other than petty things like TD celebrations), and other than one offseason several years ago, has never really caused any problems in the Bengals locker room. He's put up borderline hall of fame stats in his career and definitely has a hall of fame personality and heart. Yeah he is older and past his prime now, but I'd still be proud to have him as a Bronco.

If we are talking careers, then you are 100% right, I was thinking we were talking last year and now. In that was I wouldn't want Ocho, he is good to the fans, no question, but that one off season he threw his coach, his team and his QB under the bus trying to get traded and he was on any media that would take him screaming that stuff. To me that is a problem and just like I haven't called the Bengals, unless you were in the lockroom you have no idea the damage that might have done.
WR is the one place the Broncos are ok, and I don't think Ocho would add anything.

BroncoWave
07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Hate to blow a hole in your argument that Orton's salary isn't a reason for the Broncos to trade him Top, but Schefter just said on ESPN that Denver is trying to trade him in part to clear his 9 million dollar cap figure to open up room to fill other holes in free agency (namely DeAngelo Williams).

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I am 50% sure I don't underdstand this statement 100%.
I'm saying that I'm starting to really believe there's a chance he could be cut if he isn't traded. Dude makes a pretty expensive backup, and Denver wants to be active in free agency.

Tned
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM

As to your "who" has put up stats like that, B. Marshall for one -- multiple times.

Northman
07-26-2011, 12:28 PM

For most of your post i cant disagree more. Maybe because i get too see him play more on the east coast i see more than you do. Head case? Maybe. Certainly can be argued. But he makes plays that Lloyd only wishes he could. Your giving way too much credit to a one year wonder at this point mate.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 12:35 PM
For most of your post i cant disagree more. Maybe because i get too see him play more on the east coast i see more than you do. Head case? Maybe. Certainly can be argued. But he makes plays that Lloyd only wishes he could. Your giving way too much credit to a one year wonder at this point mate.

I live just outside Toronto and I have Sunday Ticket, I have seen a lot of Bengals games. My reason for this is because Ocho dropped off huge last year, TO took over at the #1 and he sulked on the field. He still has flashes but he isn't the same player anymore.
Lloyd, I am not totally sold on, it was one year but it was last year so I have no reason to think he can't follow it up. Straight up I wouldn't trade Lloyd for Ocho, not at this point. If I could have either of them as rookies then I'd take Ocho.

Davii
07-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Just announced on ESPN that Mike Brown said the Bengals will NOT be trading Carson Palmer. That is GREAT news for Orton's trade value.

IMO that makes him the most desirable qb available. Everyone talks Kolb, but I think Orton has more value. With Carson staying in CIN I think the Broncos will definitely get what they want in a trade for Orton.

Juriga72
07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
IMO that makes him the most desirable qb available. Everyone talks Kolb, but I think Orton has more value. With Carson staying in CIN I think the Broncos will definitely get what they want in a trade for Orton.

Um....... "Most desirable"???? Like how? He's TERRIBLE for a career on third downs. Nah.. I bet we get at best a 3rd or a 4th for him.

I can just see a NFL GM say..."All we have to do is keep Kyle from EVER playing a third down... and we're GOLD I tell ya... GOLD!!!"

Oh and throw in that high 2nd round pick for him.. maybe the 3rd or 4th pick of the 2nd round next year.....

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Um....... "Most desirable"???? Like how? He's TERRIBLE for a career on third downs. Nah.. I bet we get at best a 3rd or a 4th for him.

I can just see a NFL GM say..."All we have to do is keep Kyle from EVER playing a third down... and we're GOLD I tell ya... GOLD!!!"

Oh and throw in that high 2nd round pick for him.. maybe the 3rd or 4th pick of the 2nd round next year.....
You don't have to keep repeating the same old stuff over and over again anymore, dude. He's getting traded or released. You won.

Juriga72
07-26-2011, 12:53 PM
You don't have to keep repeating the same old stuff over and over again anymore, dude. He's getting traded or released. You won.

lol...... Just as those who "Kyle Orton was on record pace until......(Insert injury)".....

Ya!!!! I win!:elefant:

Dzone
07-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Some team will bite on Orton. Teams have thrown the bank at some terrible quarterbacks over the years. Just gotta find a desperate team.
I think I would rather see Tebow beat out Orton for the job in pre season and then launch Orton. Not sure I like the job being handed to Tebow. I like Tebow, but It would be a little more meaningful to see him win the job on the field.

Tned
07-26-2011, 12:55 PM

RT @AlbertBreer: Our @JasonLaCanfora just reported that Miami, Arizona & Minnesota are in on Kyle Orton. I'd throw Tennessee in the group, if price is right.

DenBronx
07-26-2011, 12:57 PM

I would too, THEN we would at least get something worth while for our used to be FCQB Jay Cutler.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Some team will bite on Orton. Teams have thrown the bank at some terrible quarterbacks over the years. Just gotta find a desperate team.
I think I would rather see Tebow beat out Orton for the job in pre season and then launch Orton. Not sure I like the job being handed to Tebow. I like Tebow, but It would be a little more meaningful to see him win the job on the field.

It was never going to be a fair fight, I'm glad they wont drag it out and Tebow will get the snaps in the pre season.

Dzone
07-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Thats awesome. The more teams who want Orton the more negotiating power we have. This is how you get a stupid team to throw away a first round pick. hahaha
If Kolb is worth a first round pick, it can be argued that so is the more experienced Orton...LOL

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm fairly certain that everybody would prefer this scenario. I know I would.

Orton's contract is what made that impossible, and why it has been blindingly obvious for months what direction the team is almost forced to go in.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 01:06 PM
If the Broncos held on to Orton and he got beat out in training camp, Orton's value plummets...like you could only cut him to get rid of him plummets. You have to trade him as quickly as possible.

Mike
07-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Surround him with the right cast and he is desirable.

Tned
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
If the Broncos held on to Orton and he got beat out in training camp, Orton's value plummets...like you could only cut him to get rid of him plummets. You have to trade him as quickly as possible.

Trade him or keep him all year, as starter or backup.

Dzone
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Listening to Jim Rome talking about Orton. He says Denver shouldnt be so quick to trade Orton because Tebow is no lock. Then he goes on to totally discredit himself by saying "All Orton does is win." hahaha...

chazoe60
07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
A couple of quotes that stick out from earlier in the offseason are
"Brady Quinn will be given a fair shot" -John Fox
This quote now seems like Fox telling the fans "don't worry if we get rid of Orton because we feel Quinn is capable"

And

"We don't even know if we have a franchise QB on the roster." -John Elway
This quote doesn't say much in regards to a Guy going into his second year with a total of 3 starts, but it's awful damning to a 6th year vet with upwards of 60 starts.

I was saying it when I heard those quotes and I think now that the Broncos have put Orton on the block it looks as though my first impressions were the correct ones.

Dzone
07-26-2011, 01:19 PM
The image of Orton that sticks out in my mind is him collapsing on to the ground in the fetal position when he sees a defender coming his way. Time and time again. No fight in the guy, whatsoever.
Plus He is scrawny, homely looking and has a crappy personality:laugh::lol:

BroncoNut
07-26-2011, 01:26 PM
The image of Orton that sticks out in my mind is him collapsing on to the ground in the fetal position when he sees a defender coming his way. Time and time again. No fight in the guy, whatsoever.

what's so funny about all of that?

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 01:31 PM

agreed 100% :tsk:

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM
what's so funny about all of that?

it's only funny when he's gone...:vroam:

Buff
07-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Breaking Buff News:

We just spotted Kyle Orton dining with what appeared to be his agents near the Cherry Creek mall.

This has been an exclusive report.

Davii
07-26-2011, 01:42 PM

So of the available quarterbacks who in your opinion is more desirable than KO?

With Palmer out of the picture I see none and see no problem with Broncos receiving a third round pick for him.

slim
07-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Has anyone heard from Top?

I am worried about him.

Mike
Breaking Buff News:

We just spotted Kyle Orton dining with what appeared to be his agents near the Cherry Creek mall.

This has been an exclusive report.

link?

BroncoWave
As to your "who" has put up stats like that, B. Marshall for one -- multiple times.

Under Josh McDaniels:

Brandon Marshall: 101 rec, 1120 yds, 10 TD

Brandon Lloyd: 77 rec, 1448 yds (led the NFL), 11 TD.

So other than catches, Lloyd was more productive under McD than Marshall was.

BroncoNut
07-26-2011, 01:47 PM

I am worried about him.

no. I wouldn't worry too much about Larry. He's not going to do anything stupid...

ARE YOU LARRY!!!!!

Shananahan
07-26-2011, 01:47 PM

I am worried about him.
I made a thread for him, but somebody took it the wrong way and deleted it.

I'm sure he'll be fine.

Buff
07-26-2011, 01:48 PM
link?

No you dummy - I am the primary source.

Mike
07-26-2011, 01:57 PM
No you dummy - I am the primary source.

If you aren't twittering or blogging it, I am throwing the bs flag.

slim
07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I just want to know why buff is hanging out at the mall.

Buff
07-26-2011, 02:01 PM
I am serious... He was dining near my office. Someone tipped me off so I did the drive by (walk by) to confirm. Sure enough.

turftoad
07-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Under Josh McDaniels:

Brandon Marshall: 101 rec, 1120 yds, 10 TD

Brandon Lloyd: 77 rec, 1448 yds (led the NFL), 11 TD.

So other than catches, Lloyd was more productive under McD than Marshall was.

And........ how many times has Lloyd done it again?

slim
07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
I am serious... He was dining near my office. Someone tipped me off so I did the drive by (walk by) to confirm. Sure enough.

Was he drinking jack with his lunch?

BigDaddyBronco
07-26-2011, 02:35 PM

They didn't have a Dolphins or Cardinals hat with them did they?

rationalfan
07-26-2011, 02:43 PM
And........ how many times has Lloyd done it again?

and how many times does the guy get ripped for not having a stellar career rather than congratulated for being one of the two or three bright spots on a terrible broncos team?

it's mystifying to me how people on this board pick and choose their support for players. lloyd has little love even though watching him was spectacular. yet, decker continues to be a fan favorite despite the fact he drops balls and can't get ahead of gaffney on the depth chart.

lloyd was great last year. and i hope he's great this year. because that's going to be good for the broncos. but i imagine there are those of you who hope lloyd fails just so you can say that you were right and your wannabe GM ego is massaged by self-indulgence. have fun.

Northman
07-26-2011, 02:52 PM
and how many times does the guy get ripped for not having a stellar career rather than congratulated for being one of the two or three bright spots on a terrible broncos team?

it's mystifying to me how people on this board pick and choose their support for players. lloyd has little love even though watching him was spectacular. yet, decker continues to be a fan favorite despite the fact he drops balls and can't get ahead of gaffney on the depth chart.

lloyd was great last year. and i hope he's great this year. because that's going to be good for the broncos. but i imagine there are those of you who hope lloyd fails just so you can say that you were right and your wannabe GM ego is massaged by self-indulgence. have fun.

Oh lord, cry me a ******* river already.

UrbanBounca
07-26-2011, 03:06 PM
@MileHighReport: Per @mikeklis, Kyle Orton would like to be moved. One year of Tebow-mania was enough...

pnbronco
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM

I believe you Buff, he's pretty easy to spot. I only have 2 questions hair long or shorter, beard or no beard????

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Buff > Josina

Boo Yaa!

rationalfan
07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh lord, cry me a ******* river already.

oh lord, open your mind already.

underrated29
07-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Was he drinking jack with his lunch?

Jack was his lunch.

Davii
07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
So since the Bengals won't trade him Palmer is retiring.

I really don't understand the position of the team, why not just trade the guy?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl-free-agency-carson-palmer-retires-asomugha-still-on-the-board-orton-hits-the-trade-block/2011/07/26/gIQAJzzFbI_story.html

Canmore
07-26-2011, 04:03 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl-free-agency-carson-palmer-retires-asomugha-still-on-the-board-orton-hits-the-trade-block/2011/07/26/gIQAJzzFbI_story.html

I don't get it either. Obviously, they think they are sending him a message, but what that is I dont understand?

MasterShake
07-26-2011, 04:05 PM

So now they get nothing for a QB that doesn't want to be there anyway. Brilliant move!

Oh well, Orton's value just went up a bit...

GEM
07-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Palmer was done anyways. The morons that put him higher than Orton are just that, morons.

Palmer hasn't been the same since that Steeler hit his knee in the playoffs.

Northman
07-26-2011, 04:15 PM
So now they get nothing for a QB that doesn't want to be there anyway. Brilliant move!

Its the Barry Sanders syndrome. Just bitter that he doesnt want to remain a Bengal.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 04:16 PM
The team doesn't want to set the precident that its simply going to trade away a player purely because they decide they don't want to be there anymore. I actually applaud the Bengals for not caving in on this. Corey Dillion tried to do the same thing with them. Ocho Cinco, tried to force a trade at one time.

The Bengals have made it very clear that they will NOT be "forced" into trading away a player based on their threats.

GEM
07-26-2011, 04:20 PM

I think the only one I have really seen loving on Decker has been me and that's because I think he's hot as hell. :D I haven't seen anyone go overboard on the guy.

T.K.O.
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
the seachickens just signed Tavaris Jackson....that should help Orton's stock as well....the cards and dolphins are both reported to be looking at Kyle.

Dzone
07-26-2011, 04:29 PM
who said Decker is better than Loyd? Decker is just a handsome white guy who plays football. Naturally chicks are going to dig that. Look at Hillis. Same thing.
Loyd is a better receiver right now, he's just no dreamboat in the looks department...LOL

T.K.O.
07-26-2011, 04:29 PM
I think the only one I have really seen loving on Decker has been me and that's because I think he's hot as hell. :D I haven't seen anyone go overboard on the guy.

Decker is a badass ! reminds me sooo much of easy eddie across the middle.
i just hope he can get and stay healthy long enough to get confident and productive like Mac:salute:

GEM
07-26-2011, 04:41 PM
who said Decker is better than Loyd? Decker is just a handsome white guy who plays football. Naturally chicks are going to dig that. Look at Hillis. Same thing.
Loyd is a better receiver right now, he's just no dreamboat in the looks department...LOL

Hillis looks dumb as rocks, but he has the nicest calves in the NFL. :D

:lol:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Decker!! :D

Dreadnought
07-26-2011, 04:45 PM

Yeah, well, Mike Brown sure showed him who's boss...or something

King87 I am sorry. I'm so very sorry

Buff
07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Don't let Mike Brown fool you. He just wants to get one more contract off the books without having to replace it with another. Cheap *******.

Dzone
07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
The Bungels have to be the stupidest franchise in the NFL, hands down. Mike Brown will get nothing in return for Palmer, but at least he showed Palmer who's the boss..LOL..cuttin off his nose to spite his face..something like that

Northman
07-26-2011, 04:56 PM
The Bungels have to be the stupidest franchise in the NFL, hands down. Mike Brown will get nothing in return for Palmer, but at least he showed Palmer who's the boss..LOL..cuttin off his nose to spite his face..something like that

Yep. Worked out REAL well for the Lions, a decade later and STILL trying to become a legit football team.

MileHighCrew
07-26-2011, 04:57 PM
i just hope he can get and stay healthy long enough to get confident and productive like Mac:salute:

I have huge hopes for Decker. I am thrilled he is a Bronco and I hope he finds a way to get on the field on O more this year. imo he was awesome on ST last year

BigSarge87
07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Did I just hear Stink on the Fan say that Denver wants a 1st or 2nd now for Orton? He also said that since Minnesota is looking for McNabb so that pretty much leaves Miami the top suitor for Orton. He said Schefter told him that.

Don't shoot the messenger.

BigSarge87
07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh, sorry to change the subject...

OH DECKER IS SO HOT!! lol

Dzone
07-26-2011, 05:19 PM
It must suck to be a fan in Ohio. Lebron leaves. Ohio State has been castrated. The Browns are, well, the Browns. And the Bengals are annually the biggest circus in football.

pnbronco
07-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh, sorry to change the subject...

OH DECKER IS SO HOT!! lol

Heck yeah he is....., but I think Quinn is too. Drool rags are needed when I those 2. Gems right Deckers is so hot and he's a really nice guy too!

So Orton'ts still on the trading block, but no news of a trade yet????

BigSarge87
07-26-2011, 05:29 PM
lol, FFS. Get a room!

I just hope he plays like McCaffrey did. But mostly i just hope he can stay healty this year and contribute.

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Richard Quinn? Someone here craves the night stick.

BroncoStud
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Very true but if he does walk and becomes a starter somewhere we can probably expect a 3rd rd compensatory pick. So imo we should not take anything less than that. and try to get it this year instead of the following.

Good point.

dogfish
07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
The team doesn't want to set the precident that its simply going to trade away a player purely because they decide they don't want to be there anymore. I actually applaud the Bengals for not caving in on this. Corey Dillion tried to do the same thing with them. Ocho Cinco, tried to force a trade at one time.

The Bengals have made it very clear that they will NOT be "forced" into trading away a player based on their threats.

yea. . . they'd rather sabotage their own organization than be pushed around. . .

brilliant!

there's a reason they're a perennial loser, and that reason is named mike brown. . . even cheaper than he is stubborn, and he couldn't care less how bad the product on the field is. . .

pnbronco
07-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Richard Quinn? Someone here craves the night stick.

Brady.....the other Quinn that we never see.......:laugh:

It's been a crappy off season, so time to have fun again and see those legs in camp....talking about Gem and myself of course.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 05:53 PM
yea. . . they'd rather sabotage their own organization than be pushed around. . .

brilliant!

there's a reason they're a perennial loser, and that reason is named mike brown. . . even cheaper than he is stubborn, and he couldn't care less how bad the product on the field is. . .

I see where you stand, but at the same time.... its good for the NFL that someone like Brown takes these stands. If not, every player that was under contract could simply throw a tantrum and wish out. The owners having the ability to keep the players (as little as they have a right too) for as long as they can. Thats how you build a team, but more importantly how you build a fan base.

I have never thought that the Bengals had a good owner, but when it comes to him taking a stand against the players purely threatening to hold out, retire, or just not play purely to get a trade.... I'm on his side.

DenBronx
07-26-2011, 05:57 PM

Cuz he's hard headed. Too bad Josh McDaniels didnt go there. It would have been a match made in heaven.

dogfish
07-26-2011, 06:11 PM
I see where you stand, but at the same time.... its good for the NFL that someone like Brown takes these stands. If not, every player that was under contract could simply throw a tantrum and wish out. The owners having the ability to keep the players (as little as they have a right too) for as long as they can. Thats how you build a team, but more importantly how you build a fan base.

I have never thought that the Bengals had a good owner, but when it comes to him taking a stand against the players purely threatening to hold out, retire, or just not play purely to get a trade.... I'm on his side.

sure. . . easy to like it, as long as you aren't a bengals fan. . .

:lol:

i agree with you in theory-- but practice involves working with people. . .fer example, look at the dumbshit that was just here that couldn't work with anybody. . . i might feel different if palmer was all taht good, but he's not-- let the guy go, what do they even want him for? so they can keep winning five games a year? :noidea: if it was sam bradford forcing his way out i'd applaud them for holding firm. . . but they're better off moving forward without palmer anyway. . .

just fuggin' release him. . . get the huge, untradeable salary off the books. . . they can use a third of that salary to sign any vet on the market to mentor their rookie QB for a year, and use the rest of the money to sign some legit veteran help, or re-sign jonathon joseph. . . better for the organization, better for palmer, and it allows another team to add a journeyman/transition type QB without breaking the bank. . . but brown's stubborn ass would rather force a guy who's busted his ass to keep rehabbing-- who's been a loyal company man and the face of the franchise for years-- into early retirement than just do the right thing for everyone concerned. . . he's an ass who deserves all the losing his franchise has experienced-- though unfortunately, their fans DON'T deserve it. . . he's a piece of shit owner who sucks in money and never makes any effort to give his fans any type of decent return on their money. . .

he figures they're getting everything they pay for as long as the stadium's open and there's overpriced beer and food avaliable. . .

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 06:23 PM
I love decker. He reminds me of a less handsome and less fit version of myself.. I have high hopes for him.

Nomad
07-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Hopefully we can get a decent draft pick for him. He at least has some games under his belt and can help a team out in some regard. Its time to see what Tebow has anyway so im glad we arent going to keep forcing him to sit on the bench.

Thanks for the effort, Kyle and good luck. You just aren't a good fit for a Broncos QB.

The way I see it! Thanks and Good luck, Kyle!

LordTrychon
07-26-2011, 06:52 PM
I understand why Brown doesn't want to capitulate to the demands. Personally, I wish Bowlen had put his foot down and kept it down when it came to Cutler... but that's besides the point.

That said, the Bengals have stood pat in the past and shown their players that they can be tuff enough when they have to. Letting this one go wouldn't be so bad for them... but it benefits us that Palmer's not on the market, so... c'est la vie.

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 06:59 PM
I love decker. He reminds me of a less handsome and less fit version of myself.. I have high hopes for him.

your not Eddie Mac, quit lying......:hahaha:

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 07:01 PM
your not Eddie Mac, quit lying......:hahaha:

no but eddie reminds me of a less gutsy less sure handed version of myself. he's alright!

Juriga72
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
So of the available quarterbacks who in your opinion is more desirable than KO?

With Palmer out of the picture I see none and see no problem with Broncos receiving a third round pick for him.

Kolb......
McNabb.....
Heck even Hasselbeck would get better offers...IMHO
Drew Stanton...:) well.....

The problem with Orton is Baltimore showed how to beat him... Cover short and rush his arse... "He'll fold"

and he did....often.... over and over

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Kolb......
McNabb.....

The problem with Orton is Baltimore showed how to beat him... Cover short and rush his arse... "He'll fold"

Supposedly, the Cards are already in talks with Denver about Orton. Hopefully, they think he's better than we do...

I will say that he's better than Derek Anderson, though.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Kolb......
McNabb.....

Very jaded.

chazoe60
07-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know Orton's roster bonus situation? When do we need to jettison his ass in order to save us a little coin?

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 08:30 PM
no but eddie reminds me of a less gutsy less sure handed version of myself. he's alright!

rofl

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know Orton's roster bonus situation? When do we need to jettison his ass in order to save us a little coin?

He doesn't have a roster bonus. He plays here he makes $9 mil. He's cut/traded, Denver is off the hook.

pnbronco
07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
He doesn't have a roster bonus. He plays here he makes $9 mil. He's cut/traded, Denver is off the hook.

Thanks MO.....does the team that picks him have to pay the $ 9 mil?

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks MO.....does the team that picks him have to pay the $ 9 mil?

Yes unless they sign him to a new contract (what usually happens in these situations). Typically, the contract discussions are actually an integral part of a trade like this. The interested teams aren't just negotiating with the Broncos, they are talking with Orton's agent on what kind of contract he's going to want when he gets there.

If they just want a one year rental for $9 Million, then the trade can proceed without Orton's approval, but if they want Orton to be happy and they want to lock him up long term, then they'll sign him to a new contract almost immediately.

The funny thing is, players traded right now can only practice with their new teams if they are playing on their old (existing) contract. If they sign a new deal, they can't practice until free agency officially starts and until the union officially recertifies which can be as late as the 5th of August. They can attend meetings and such, but they can't suit up. I heard that today on NFL Radio.

underrated29
07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Kolb......
McNabb.....

The ravens showed that with cutler too, and the pats? Maybe .

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
If we can get a 2nd for him I'll be over the moon.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 09:33 PM

The Pats have only really had our number once, back in '08. I remember that crap game where Ryan Torain looked great until he tore his ACL in his first game back from a dislocated elbow (had like 70 yards rushing in the 1st half before he blew his knee) and then Andre Hall fumbled the ball away on back to back carries and Champ (who completely shut down Moss in the first half) pulled his groin and then Moss went off.

It was Matt Cassell's "coming out party". It was a close game until Hall gave the Pats the ball on back to back drives in our own redzone accounting for 14 easy points. After that, Champ got hurt and it was all down hill.

I hated that game... :mad:

Juriga72
07-26-2011, 09:34 PM

The Jets blitzed Cutler 7 straight plays this year and he threw 3 td's in one quarter......

I would LOVE.. just LOVE to find Orton do that once when he was here.
All I saw was ..sack,sack, fumble,sack.... with the "Pick six" thrown in there.

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 09:48 PM
The Jets blitzed Cutler 7 straight plays this year and he threw 3 td's in one quarter......

I would LOVE.. just LOVE to find Orton do that once when he was here.
All I saw was ..sack,sack, fumble,sack.... with the "Pick six" thrown in there.

hey now -- don't forget the crumpled backwards (molten vertebrae) somersault as well.

Davii
07-26-2011, 10:05 PM
?
Kolb......
McNabb.....

Did they show anything about the other 10 guys?

Just curious. I'm no Orton lover, but realistically speaking, he is the best available qb right now. Keep in mind Kolb isn't available right now and McNabb is 150.

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 12:42 AM

Decker isn't worthy to wash Easy Ed's jock. Ed is a legend, Decker is an underwear model.

dogfish
07-27-2011, 01:14 AM
does decker have a full line of kick-ass mustards?

yea. . . i think not. . .

Bugs Baloney
07-27-2011, 01:27 AM
hey now -- don't forget the crumpled backwards (molten vertebrae) somersault as well.

lmao...

i liken him to roly poly as well...:lol:
the visual similarity makes my sides hurt with hilarity....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pksIDe45Wc hahahaha!!

Sinthor
07-27-2011, 02:12 AM

I have to agree with you here. Orton did what he could and he is NOT a "garbage" quarterback. Obviously- look at the teams who are interested in him. Orton's proven he can lead a decent team and help them win. Just because he isn't one of the VERY FEW QB's that can hoist a team on his own shoulders, so to speak, doesn't mean he sucks. Yes, one player can make a difference, but it's a TEAM sport. We saw what happens when one player is disproportionately responsible for team success back in the mid to late 80's with those 3 Bronco SuperBowl disasters!

I think Orton would do well in Miami or perhaps even AZ. Better in Miami because although AZ has better receivers, I'm not sure their O-line could keep him clean long enough; very inconsistent. We'll see!

claymore
07-27-2011, 03:31 AM
I wish Kyle luck, but Id be the first to help him move.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 06:13 AM
As one of the most vocal Orton haters here....

There are just too many htings that prove Kyle isn't as good as some think he is.

ZERO playoff games
NEVER played a full season
NO Pro Bowls ... hell David Garrard gets picked over him?
1/3 on third downs...
The whole pissy "I got benched???" thing

What we need is not draft choices.. get a DT for him and he'll help us more as a team than his .356 winning % here the last two years.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-27-2011, 06:42 AM
FYI, according to NFL Network (on the ticker) The Titans have also thrown their hat into the ring and inquired about a Kyle Orton trade.

I really hope things are finalized with someone today and would rather have a DT than just a draft pick. Vikings and Seahawks are no longer in the conversation trading for McNabb and signing (deals worked out but aren't "official" yet) Tarvaris Jackson. SF re-signed Alex Smith effectively removing them from the market, also.

That leaves AZ, Miami, and Tennessee as the potential trade partners for Orton unless a dark horse team swoops in.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 06:44 AM
FYI, according to NFL Network (on the ticker) The Titans have also thrown their hat into the ring and inquired about a Kyle Orton trade.

I really hope things are finalized with someone today and would rather have a DT than just a draft pick. Vikings and Seahawks are no longer in the conversation trading for McNabb and signing (deals worked out but aren't "official" yet) Tarvaris Jackson. SF re-signed Alex Smith effectively removing them from the market, also.

That leaves AZ, Miami, and Tennessee as the potential trade partners for Orton unless a dark horse team swoops in.

Knida funny how T-Jack moves fast and Pete Caroll who saw Kyle "Tear his team apart..." goes... nah

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Carson Palmer retiring is the best thing that happened to Denver this offseason.

chazoe60
07-27-2011, 07:03 AM
I don't know if it's true but someone just posted on the other board that Tenn and Hassleback have reach agreement on a contract. Tenn could be out. :sad:

I still say he ends up in Miami. No way he finishes a season playing in that division though.

Dzone
07-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Schlereth on mike and mike this morning. Excellent on Orton.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 07:20 AM

money to play in the first place. I'm not given to caving, but I do understand.

If the Broncos do get enough compensation to justify a trade, I hope Orton
goes to a team that will give him some semblance of a running game and a
little more than a zero defense. I would just like to see him get a decent
chance.

-----

I don't think they're caving to fan pressure it looks to me like they evaluated Orton as a quarterback who just isn't the kind of quarterback to try and build a team around. I can't blame them for that.

chazoe60
07-27-2011, 07:40 AM

Can you give a little synopsis of what was said?

Buff
07-27-2011, 07:46 AM

Please elaborate.

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 08:00 AM
I don't think they're caving to fan pressure it looks to me like they evaluated Orton as a quarterback who just isn't the kind of quarterback to try and build a team around. I can't blame them for that.

If Orton were a QB worth investing in teams would invest in him. McDaniels overpaid for Orton, no reason to give him a 2 year deal in the first place when you trade for a former 1st rounder and draft a 1st rounder in the same season. It just makes no sense. Josh McDaniels created the problem and it looks like John Elway is going to correct it.

chazoe60
07-27-2011, 08:04 AM
If we can't find a willing trade partner I hope we just cut him.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-27-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't know if it's true but someone just posted on the other board that Tenn and Hassleback have reach agreement on a contract. Tenn could be out. :sad:

I still say he ends up in Miami. No way he finishes a season playing in that division though.

Yeah, that's what they are reporting pretty much everywhere now. Hasselbeck to Tennessee.

C'mon Miami or AZ! Make us an offer!

HORSEPOWER 56
07-27-2011, 08:09 AM
If we can't find a willing trade partner I hope we just cut him.

I just hope we're not stupid and stand firm on a 2nd round pick and nobody bites. I'd take a backup DT in trade before just cutting him...

Thnikkaman
07-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Buff > Josina

Boo Yaa!

NGIo8oaMHfY

Tned
07-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Interesting couple of Tweets from Ted Sundquist this morning:

RT @Ted_Sundquist: Trading Orton NOT CAP related. DEN making football v econ decisions. Actually about $17M under to start. @DaveKrieger http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18556271

RT @Ted_Sundquist: CAP math a complicated subject and one that most who haven't dealt with should stay clear of. Some BAD numbers floating around. Fans beware.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Same here, sadly, i saw more upside with Tebow in 3 games than i ever did with Orton in 2 years.

Apparently so did EFX.

chazoe60
07-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Interesting couple of Tweets from Ted Sundquist this morning:

I think trading Orton is more a football decision than a money decision. The way Ellis said Orton made it clear he doesn't want to be a backup tells me that theyre expecting some tension that they want to avoid. That and asking Orton not to come to camp tells me there is no way Orton ever takes another snap in a Broncos uni, and this makes me so happy.

He was a malcontent when he got benched last year and he offered absolutely zero value as a mentor so why keep him. I really think even if he isn't traded he will be cut. Good times to be a Broncos fan.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 08:52 AM

If you're talking about '06 Thnik Orton wasn't the starting quarterback when Bears went to the Super Bowl it was Rex Grossman.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Exactly my point. I do hope he keeps it up.

One good year doesn't make a career. He did great last year but lets see how does this year.

Traveler
07-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I think trading Orton is more a football decision than a money decision. The way Ellis said Orton made it clear he doesn't want to be a backup tells me that theyre expecting some tension that they want to avoid. That and asking Orton not to come to camp tells me there is no way Orton ever takes another snap in a Broncos uni, and this makes me so happy.

He was a malcontent when he got benched last year and he offered absolutely zero value as a mentor so why keep him. I really think even if he isn't traded he will be cut. Good times to be a Broncos fan.

They asked Orton not to report to camp? Wow!

Tned
07-27-2011, 09:01 AM
From Klis:

RT @MikeKlis: Potential Orton landing spots drying up: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/27/potential-orton-landing-spots-drying-up/8162/ via @denverpost

Klis says that it looks like Miami is the only spot for Orton now, and if they don't pull the trigger, the Broncos will have to wait until pre-season to see if any teams lose a QB to injury or teams that decide their existing QB needs to be upgraded.

Tned
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
They asked Orton not to report to camp? Wow!

It makes some sense if they are trying to trade him, but I hadn't heard that.

Ravage!!!
07-27-2011, 09:06 AM
From Mike n Mike... its the 8 Million dollar number that is scaring teams away. Miami for instance. They aren't willing to give Orton a long term extension, and don't want to pay Orton 8 million.

Clayton was stating that if we can get a third that Orton would be gone. If all that is offered is a 4th, then we may end up keeping him.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
If Orton were a QB worth investing in teams would invest in him. McDaniels overpaid for Orton, no reason to give him a 2 year deal in the first place when you trade for a former 1st rounder and draft a 1st rounder in the same season. It just makes no sense. Josh McDaniels created the problem and it looks like John Elway is going to correct it.

Orton only got a one year extension.

Traveler
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
From Mike n Mike... its the 8 Million dollar number that is scaring teams away. Miami for instance. They aren't willing to give Orton a long term extension, and don't want to pay Orton 8 million.

Clayton was stating that if we can get a third that Orton would be gone. If all that is offered is a 4th, then we may end up keeping him.

Again we get ***ked by McDaniels.:mad:

Tned
07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Again we get ***ked by McDaniels.:mad:

Yea, I was thinking that, but then on the other hand if he hadn't extended him, he would be a free agent and just walk. So, the Broncos could just release him and be in exactly the same place as if McD hadn't given him the crazy extension.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm not worried about it even if Orton stays that doesn't mean he'll be the starting quarterback.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm not worried about it even if Orton stays that doesn't mean he'll be the starting quarterback.

Would he really count against the team roster if he sat by himself down at the end of the bench each game? Like how he did the last three games.

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 09:32 AM
If you're talking about '06 Thnik Orton wasn't the starting quarterback when Bears went to the Super Bowl it was Rex Grossman.

Grossman started every game that season for the Bears. Orton didn't contribute to the Super Bowl.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Would he really count against the team roster if he sat by himself down at the end of the bench each game? Like how he did the last three games.

Probably in the physical sense. ;)

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Grossman started every game that season for the Bears. Orton didn't contribute to the Super Bowl.

In '05 Orton started 15 games but it was by default because Grossman was hurt.

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 09:38 AM
In '05 Orton started 15 games but it was by default because Grossman was hurt.

Yep, and Kyle had a QB rating of 59... He threw 9 TDs, 13 Ints, and completed 51.6% of his passes :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Bears didn't make the playoffs either. He was the worst starting QB in the NFL yet somehow got labeled a "winner"... :lol:

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Yep, and Kyle had a QB rating of 59... He threw 9 TDs, 13 Ints, and completed 51.6% of his passes :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Bears didn't make the playoffs either. He was the worst starting QB in the NFL yet somehow got labeled a "winner"... :lol:

No.. they made the playoffs.... Lost to Carolina in NFC wildCARD..iirc. Grossman started that one too ( 9 See Kyle's ZERO playoff game career record)

Kyle did get benched at halftime wining a game tho...:shocked:

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 09:43 AM

No they made the playoffs and lost in the first round to the Panthers I think.

Ravage!!!
07-27-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm betting Miami signs Vince Young. I don't know why I'm feeling this, but Vince will be cut soon, and Miami may just wait until he's cut to sign him..... then not having to give Orton 8 million.

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm betting Miami signs Vince Young. I don't know why I'm feeling this, but Vince will be cut soon, and Miami may just wait until he's cut to sign him..... then not having to give Orton 8 million.

Young is no better than what they currently have on their roster.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 09:50 AM

But he does have playoff wins, unlike um.... some QB's :eek:

Ravage!!!
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM

Maybe.. maybe not. I don't think much of Vince, but they may see Young as more of a "play maker" than anything they have on the roster, and certainly much more mobile than Orton.

I think VY is a terrible passer, but I'm just looking at who's left, and who might be coming available.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Ok... Lets look at this whole Orton thing again....

#1- Fox/Elway announce "Kyle would be our starter RIGHT now if we started the season"- to prop up his trade value.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/broncos-coach-john-fox-kyle-ortons-our-starter/1

#2- Broncos announce "Orton to be traded, and check his trade value"- thus killing his value
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/report-broncos-want-to-trade-orton-and-do-it-fast/

Kyle on the other hand has already stated "I will not mentor Tebow" thus killing his value to other teams....

wow.... I have a bad feeling about this. Doors are closing faster than you say "Fetal position"

Lonestar
07-27-2011, 10:06 AM

But then when we gave him the 2 year extention Josh had no idea what would happen with either TEbow or Quinn.

Atleast he knew the offense and recievers. Everyone knew that Tebow was going to be atleast a two year project.

And at The price he paid was far less than the biggie QBs cost.

Let the hate go, he is almost gone. Jay is never coming back.

Dzone
07-27-2011, 10:07 AM
If we could keep orton for $1 million, then yes keep him. But $9 million for a scarecrow like Orton? OMG, who is the idiot that gave him that contract?

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
In the article it shows who is affecting the Broncos' 2011 cap - EVEN Alphonso Smith - 1.1 million on the Broncos' 2011 cap.

Trying to trade Kyle Orton is one thing. Succeeding is something else.

The Broncos have known this for a while, which is why they've been playing poker on the subject of their starting quarterback since the new regime took over at Dove Valley.

They're not trying to trade Orton because they want to. They're trying to trade him because they have to. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones who know this, which doesn't help their bargaining position.

rest of article - very interesting
http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18556271

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 10:09 AM
But then when we gave him the 2 year extention Josh had no idea what would happen with either TEbow or Quinn.

Atleast he knew the offense and recievers. Everyone knew that Tebow was going to be atleast a two year project.

Orton was signed to a one year extension not a two year. :coffee:

broncobryce
07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Now we will get a 2nd or 3rd we would not have gotten.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 10:14 AM

From who? Being in a position where every team knows you need to trade him... We'll get lucky to get 4th for him.

Look at all the other Qb's who have signed "Offer's"

Do you see Orton's name anywhere?

TXBRONC
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM

If Denver is intent on moving Orton they're going to have to come way down on there asking price. I can see them getting a 4th and maybe as high as 3rd.

Traveler
07-27-2011, 10:19 AM
In the article it shows who is affecting the Broncos' 2011 cap - EVEN Alphonso Smith - 1.1 million on the Broncos' 2011 cap.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/7/26 ... cap-figure

This article conflicts with Kreiger's. If true, we are $20 MILLION under the salary cap.

Who's correct?

underrated29
07-27-2011, 10:23 AM
ted sundquist tweeterd that we are 17mil below the cap.

Slick
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Tennessee---Hasselbach

Minnesota---McNabb

Miami---Devlin, possibly Young as well

Seattle---Tavaris Jackson, Leinhart

Washington---?

Arizona---Kolb

Doesn't look like Denver will have many if any trade partners.

Tned
07-27-2011, 10:31 AM

First, it's ironic that you talk about someone else hating. mikey much? :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

Second, it was only a quasi two year deal. IIRC, Orton was an RFA who was tendered something like $2.5 million and no other team signed him to an offer sheet. So, he was the Broncos in '10 for $2.5 or so. They then signed him to a one year extension of $8+ million with a portion of it guaranteed, and I think threw him a roster bonus of some kind.

So, it was a one year extension as opposed to a two year deal, FWIW.

Ravage!!!
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Reporter from Minnesota was just talking on Cowherd, and mentioned that the Vikes were looking at Tyler Thigpen... but no mention of Orton. I find that interesting.

GEM
07-27-2011, 10:40 AM

Mike and Mike had someone on this morning that stated that the dead cap space isn't affecting teams this year. I doubt that, but it was said on the radio this morning.

GEM
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
ted sundquist tweeterd that we are 17mil below the cap.

Yep, heard that on The Ticket. Then heard on Mike & Mike that the dead caps aren't affecting the cap this year.

Thnikkaman
07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
No they made the playoffs and lost in the first round to the Panthers I think.

Its this fact that I misremembered.

underrated29
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
So basically we traded marshall and Orton to the dolphins for 2 2nds and a 3rd....I think thats pretty good.

**trade not announced or official yet, just my speculation**

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 10:52 AM
No.. they made the playoffs.... Lost to Carolina in NFC wildCARD..iirc. Grossman started that one too ( 9 See Kyle's ZERO playoff game career record)

Kyle did get benched at halftime wining a game tho...:shocked:

Oh you're right, I forgot about that, they pulled Orton and put in Grossman for the playoff game.

It was the Super Bowl year in which Orton was simply a non-factor.

Lonestar
07-27-2011, 10:54 AM
First, it's ironic that you talk about someone else hating. mikey much? :laugh: :lol: :laugh:

Second, it was only a quasi two year deal. IIRC, Orton was an RFA who was tendered something like $2.5 million and no other team signed him to an offer sheet. So, he was the Broncos in '10 for $2.5 or so. They then signed him to a one year extension of $8+ million with a portion of it guaranteed, and I think threw him a roster bonus of some kind.

So, it was a one year extension as opposed to a two year deal, FWIW.
Yiu and my hating Mikey blather. I just saw him for what he was way before anyone else did.

While my commentary about a failed GM and while it wS not hero worship like many here it was not hate. I doubt you can ever find any post of mine that said I wanted him outright fired. Like many if TE hate lingers do/did about Josh , Orton etc.

I wanted him replaced as GM and in charge of the DC. So if that is hate well the Josh and Orton stuff if beyond the pale.

Very few non haters had an issue with getting him an extention knowing that we had two newbies to the very complicated playbook and knowing that TEbow Was going to take a few years to develop.

NO ONE saw his record breaking pace prior to his injury. So that was a pleasant surprise.

Josh simply did what he had to for a 2 year rental. And most folks knew he would walk without any compensation after last year. Just as they are adamant about trading Him now songs does nit walk after this season.

Very short memories or history revisionists at work.

underrated29
07-27-2011, 11:08 AM
NO ONE saw his record breaking pace prior to his injury. So that was a pleasant surprise.
And most folks knew he would walk without any compensation after last year. .

I did and so did a couple others.- not sure if its in my prediction thread but somewhere someone and I were talking about how we thought orton could throw for over 30 tds last season.

I dont think anyone thought we would let him walk for nothing. In fact all I can remember since the Indy game is how we need to get Tebow in and trade Orton. That was like week 5 or something right?

underrated29
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Orton has entered in negotiations with the fish on a contract number.

Kyle is unofficially a dolphin, just like we thought!

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Yiu and my hating Mikey blather. I just saw him for what he was way before anyone else did.

While my commentary about a failed GM and while it wS not hero worship like many here it was not hate. I doubt you can ever find any post of mine that said I wanted him outright fired. Like many if TE hate lingers do/did about Josh , Orton etc.

I wanted him replaced as GM and in charge of the DC. So if that is hate well the Josh and Orton stuff if beyond the pale.

Very few non haters had an issue with getting him an extention knowing that we had two newbies to the very complicated playbook and knowing that TEbow Was going to take a few years to develop.

Josh simply did what he had to for a 2 year rental. And most folks knew he would walk without any compensation after last year. Just as they are adamant about trading Him now songs does nit walk after this season.

Very short memories or history revisionists at work.

I think it's pretty obvious what NFL GMs and coaches seem to think about Kyle Orton by the lack of interest in him. We will be LUCKY to deal him for anything higher than a 4th, if we can deal him at all.

Josh McDaniels is/was a DUMBASS.

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM

LET's HOPE SO! :salute:

GEM
07-27-2011, 11:18 AM
That seems to be the best place for him. His intention is to be a long term starter, not a stop gap. Good luck to him. I hope it works out for all parties involved.

Traveler
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Link? Hope this is true.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
The Miami Dolphins are among a handful of teams engaged in contract negotiations with Denver Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton, who expects to be traded by week's end.

According to a team source, Orton sits atop General Manager Jeff Ireland's wish list of quarterbacks he'd like to add to the Dolphins' roster. But another source said the seven-year veteran, who is owed $9 million in 2011, is seeking a multi-year contract extension that will pay him north of $6 million a year.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-kyle-orton-0728,0,6707902.story

Traveler
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-kyle-orton-0728,0,6707902.story

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/7/27/2297557/report-kyle-orton-negotiating-contract-with-miami-dolphins-trade