PDA

View Full Version : Krieger: Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy gets his chance to call the shots

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 06:30 PM
The Broncos' 2011 offense will be quite different from the 2010 version because pass-happy head coach Josh McDaniels has been replaced by run-happy head coach John Fox.

Or, the Broncos' 2011 offense will be quite similar to the 2010 version because Mike McCoy returns as offensive coordinator.

If you're a Broncos fan, you've probably heard both of these claims while twiddling your thumbs during the lockout, possibly at the same time.

So which is it? In a word, both.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18542689

broncohead
07-25-2011, 06:35 PM
We are going to run a lot more. Just cause its the same "offense" to me means same terminology

Juriga72
07-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Ok.... IF we get down by 30 again... Throw it beotches....

threefolddead
07-26-2011, 06:48 AM
I'd love to see a solid run game again. Especially to protect young Tebow. It's been a frustrating thing to watch for the last few years.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Ok.... IF we get down by 30 again... Throw it beotches....

Hopefully, by establishing the run our drives will last longer than the pass pass pass punt 3 and outs that take 30 sec off the clock. That's the reason we get down by 30 points in the first place.

Establish the run and you have play action which leads to big plays. Establish the run and you get long drives that eat clock and rest the defense. Establish the run and you share the load instead of just expecting the QB to make a play all the time and hope he doesn't get hurt.

In short, if you establish the run you typically win more games than you lose...

drewloc
07-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Hopefully, by establishing the run our drives will last longer than the pass pass pass punt 3 and outs that take 30 sec off the clock. That's the reason we get down by 30 points in the first place.

Establish the run and you have play action which leads to big plays. Establish the run and you get long drives that eat clock and rest the defense. Establish the run and you share the load instead of just expecting the QB to make a play all the time and hope he doesn't get hurt.

In short, if you establish the run you typically win more games than you lose...

Not to mention I would like to see some more of the old bootlegs, hopefully this will open things up downfield as they will have to respect Tebow's running ability.

Lonestar
07-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Not sure how you run first in a spread offense. That is what the playbook is spread.

Lonestar
07-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Unless TEbow is a crap passer not throwing the ball with all the Recievers we have on the roster.

Will we run more? Sure but run first not so sure.

This is a passing league folks.

broncohead
07-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Not sure how you run first in a spread offense. That is what the playbook is spread.

The base offense will not be the spread. The terminology will be the same. Fox has been quoted in saying we will run the ball a lot more

Lonestar
07-26-2011, 02:14 PM
The base offense will not be the spread. The terminology will be the same. Fox has been quoted in saying we will run the ball a lot more

If the playbook is Joshes, which made it a spread offense and the terminology is the same. How can the "base" offense not be spread.

I think y'all are believing coach speak to much.
We ran the ball A bit last year so what is alot more.

The team was built to pass the ball TEbow is being groomed to be a pocket passer.

Just need to connect the dots.
Passing league designed to protect the WR and QBs
Spread offense playbook
Great WR and a couple of up and coming TE along with good to great RBs that can catch the ball.

Wake up and smell the roses we may run more but we wil not be a run first offense.

broncohead
07-26-2011, 02:58 PM
If the playbook is Joshes, which made it a spread offense and the terminology is the same. How can the "base" offense not be spread.

I think y'all are believing coach speak to much.
We ran the ball A bit last year so what is alot more.

The team was built to pass the ball TEbow is being groomed to be a pocket passer.

Just need to connect the dots.
Passing league designed to protect the WR and QBs
Spread offense playbook
Great WR and a couple of up and coming TE along with good to great RBs that can catch the ball.

Wake up and smell the roses we may run more but we wil not be a run first offense.

I don't think we'll turn into a run first but there will be a balance. I also don't think we will be lining up in the shotgun as much and will be utilizing a FB more.

NightTrainLayne
07-26-2011, 08:48 PM
I've never heard of the terminology used dictating what the offense actually does.

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Folks, come on. This is a PASSING league. Which stands for Not For Long if you can't.

Bosco
07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't think we'll turn into a run first but there will be a balance. I also don't think we will be lining up in the shotgun as much and will be utilizing a FB more.

I imagine we will look alot like the Patriots offenses that Weis and McDaniels used in every year except 2007 and some of 2005, which means we should expect a more traditional Erhardt-Perkins offense.