PDA

View Full Version : It’s over: NFLPA* leadership unanimously ratifies CBA

T.K.O.
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
It’s over: NFLPA* leadership unanimously ratifies CBA
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT

Getty ImagesThe NFLPA* wanted a unanimous recommendation of the new labor deal before sending it to the rank-and-file for a 50-percent-plus-one vote, and the NFLPA* got it.

“It’s unanimous,” NFLPA* spokesman George Atallah said on Twitter.

It’s still not over, but there’s virtually no way at least 50 percent of the players won’t agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/its-over-nflpa-leadership-unanimously-ratifies-cba/

DallasChief
07-25-2011, 01:10 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_letoa7Zawq1qf7vpw.gif

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
So excited.:elefant::elefant::beer::beer::salute:

slim
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
It’s over: NFLPA* leadership unanimously ratifies CBA
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT

Getty ImagesThe NFLPA* wanted a unanimous recommendation of the new labor deal before sending it to the rank-and-file for a 50-percent-plus-one vote, and the NFLPA* got it.

“It’s unanimous,” NFLPA* spokesman George Atallah said on Twitter.

It’s still not over, but there’s virtually no way at least 50 percent of the players won’t agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/its-over-nflpa-leadership-unanimously-ratifies-cba/

That is quite a contradiction.

GEM
07-25-2011, 01:18 PM
That is quite a contradiction.

It's almost over, but not quite over, but it will be over soon.

Shut the **** up already and vote.

Florio....you still didn't report a piece of credible news first. Keep trying, douche.

BroncoWave
07-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Florio....you still didn't report a piece of credible news first. Keep trying, douche.

Maybe you just missed De Smith's press conference where he confirmed it was unanimously ratified by the 32 player reps. Smith and Goodell are currently in a conference room signing it.

BroncoWave
07-25-2011, 01:20 PM
And now they are having a press conference together (Smith and Goodell) confirming this.

GEM
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea, I guess I did. I am not sitting in front of a news conference at this moment. ;)

Now it has been. The initial post was a contradiction.

Don't give a shit. There will be football. :D

Thnikkaman
07-25-2011, 01:22 PM

They have to re-certify the union before they can vote. Thus the reason the new CBA won't be finalized until this weekend.

BroncoWave
07-25-2011, 01:24 PM
They have to re-certify the union before they can vote. Thus the reason the new CBA won't be finalized until this weekend.

Which is just a mere formality. Free agency and trades will still begin tomorrow and players will report Wednesday.

slim
07-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Which is just a mere formality. Free agency and trades will still begin tomorrow and players will report Wednesday.

So you are saying it's not over?

BroncoWave
07-25-2011, 01:34 PM
So you are saying it's not over?

If you really want to obsess over the technicalities then it's not "technically" over, but if you're watching the joint presser with Smith/Goodell right now, it's pretty obvious it's over.

slim
07-25-2011, 01:37 PM
If you really want to obsess over the technicalities then it's not "technically" over, but if you're watching the joint presser with Smith/Goodell right now, it's pretty obvious it's over.

It takes a secure man to admit when they are wrong.

Apology accepted.

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 01:38 PM
It takes a secure man to admit when they are wrong.

Apology accepted.

Thank you for not having to name call, Brother.

slim
07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Thank you for not having to name call, Brother.

I think I am finally growing up, beef.

sneakers
07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Go Broncos

sneakers
07-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Anyone know when tickets are mailed out to people?

I wanna know when I can go on stubhub and buy my Broncos vs. Packers tickets in Green Bay.

LordTrychon
07-25-2011, 01:42 PM
It won't really be over until 10 years from now when we see how the Players and Owners react to the realities of this nearly enacted piece of self-legislation.

Lonestar
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
With only a few hundred overpaid players out of the 1900 or so that can vote this agreement is a slam dunk.

The only thing in doubt is how long d smith is still employed

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Junior Whiz, if I was that jaded, I would probably quit watching.

Tned
07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Here is a summary of the deal as presented to the players:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/25/cba-settlement-summary/index.html

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, a member of NFL’s labor committee, has issued a statement Monday afternoon now that the players have agreed to a new collective bargaining agreement. Bowlen voted in favor of the new deal last week at the owners’ meetings in Atlanta.

The full statement reads as follows:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/25/bowlen-issues-statement-on-labor-resolution/7976/

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Anyone know when tickets are mailed out to people?

I wanna know when I can go on stubhub and buy my Broncos vs. Packers tickets in Green Bay.

Here ya go - email I received from Broncos:

We wanted to make you aware of some pertinent information now that the NFL lockout has been lifted.

Season Tickets: We plan to begin mailing season tickets on Monday, July 25. To download a full season schedule, please click here.

Single Game Tickets: Single-game tickets will be available for purchase on Tuesday, August 2. Full-price tickets will go on sale starting at 11:00 a.m. and half-price tickets will be available starting at 1:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased over the phone by calling 800-745-3000 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets will be available at the Broncos Ticket Office beginning on Wednesday, August 3. Season ticket holders can begin posting tickets to NFL TicketExchange at noon on August 2.

Stadium Information: For up to date stadium, parking/traffic information, please click here.

Preseason Home Games: The Broncos will play their two home preseason games on Aug. 20 vs. Buffalo at 6:35 p.m. MDT and Aug. 27 vs. Seattle at 6:35 p.m. MDT.

Training Camp: Training Camp will start on Thursday, July 28. It will be held at the team's training facility at Dove Valley and as in years past, most practices will be open to the public. There will be two practices open to the public on the 28th. The first at 8:50 - 11:30 AM and in the evening from 6:00 - 8:00 PM. The full schedule is still being finalized, so check back to www.DenverBroncos.com for more details.

LTC Pain
07-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Do we need a "Training Camp Schedule" thread stickied? Just askin.

Tned
07-25-2011, 03:08 PM

What's a "half priced ticket"?

slim
07-25-2011, 03:12 PM

I think it means that the ticket cost half as much as a full priced ticket.

Tned
07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I think it means that the ticket cost half as much as a full priced ticket.

As I typed that, I almost typed "and I wonder who the first ____ ___ to responsd 'tickets that cost half as much' will be..." ;)

Davii
07-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Two practices thursday? I thought two a days were outlawed in the CBA.

Tned
07-25-2011, 03:20 PM
A Joe Ellis presser will begin at 3:00 MDT, but won't be streamed. It will be up on DenverBroncos.com shortly after the presser ends.

Tned
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Two practices thursday? I thought two a days were outlawed in the CBA.

Second practice can only be a non-pads/non-helmet walk through practice.

One question I have (a friend asked this) is whether or not they can split the squad. Have a full pad practice for half in the morning, and the other half in the afternoon, so that any given player only has one full pad practice.

slim
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
As I typed that, I almost typed "and I wonder who the first ____ ___ to responsd 'tickets that cost half as much' will be..." ;)

It's a good thing you didn't...I think preemptive name calling is still against the CoC.

Tned
07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
It's a good thing you didn't...I think preemptive name calling is still against the CoC.

That, and I thought I would let someone have that softball. My contribution to something or other...

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
This link shows which games are half price:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&q=denver+broncos

Tned
07-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Too many quotes to repost here, but here's one I thought worth posting:

RT @MaxBroncos: "Nobody here has ever liked to use the world 'rebuilding.' I think it's a fresh start, and we're off to a good start." -- Joe Ellis #Broncos

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 04:39 PM
You guys need to follow Joe Ellis on Twitter. Total dirtbag.

@dollarjoeellis

Davii
07-25-2011, 05:33 PM
You guys need to follow Joe Ellis on Twitter. Total dirtbag.

@dollarjoeellis

You have a twitter Beef? I'll follow you

Tned
07-25-2011, 05:34 PM
A quote from the Ellis presser on Lindsay Jones blog (@postbroncos):

On Pat Bowlen’s role in the labor negotiations. (Bowlen is co-chair of the NFL’s management committee, but he was not as visible as many other owners throughout the process.): “He was on every call, running back and forth from his office to my office, quite animated in many of those conversations. He’s been heavily involved, but he’s elected to step back from the spotlight and do these kind of things behind the scenes,” Ellis said. “But I’ve never seen him with quite the bounce in his step he had this morning, he’s excited to get these players in here and get camp started.”

Check out other quotes and notes from the presser here: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/25/broncos-president-ellis-says-thanks-to-fans/8017/

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
You have a twitter Beef? I'll follow yoy

I do.....

Tned
07-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Filed to BroncosForums (ok, I just wanted to say that):

RT @AdamSchefter: For three straight hours, from 7-10 ET, ESPN will air a labor deal review and free agency preview special.

Davii
07-25-2011, 06:22 PM
I do.....

Done and done. I think it will be apparent what my twitter account is when you see your followers.

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Broncos President Joe Ellis' presser:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Joe-Ellis-Press-Conference/f5ce2c7c-8796-4f1d-a637-b688e997c2ac

Lonestar
07-25-2011, 07:40 PM
It is for some of our half assed posters. :laugh:

DenBronx
07-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Actually it was over when the owners voted last week. No way the players as a majority would not ratify the vote. I think an agreement in principle was done then they both just had to legally vote. A few minor tweeks on language was the only thing that needed to be completed.

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Actually it was over when the owners voted last week. No way the players as a majority would not ratify the vote. I think an agreement in principle was done then they both just had to legally vote. A few minor tweeks on language was the only thing that needed to be completed.

I heard part of the NFLN interview with Jeff Saturday. He said little changed between the owners vote and player's vote on Monday, but instead it took some time to bring the player reps up to speed on the deal the owners voted on.

DenBronx
07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I heard part of the NFLN interview with Jeff Saturday. He said little changed between the owners vote and player's vote on Monday, but instead it took some time to bring the player reps up to speed on the deal the owners voted on.

Yeah, I think that's all it was. Alot of the NFL players I don't even think knew what was really going on.

Just glad football is back and now we will have something actually exciting to discuss!

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 12:35 AM
It is for some of our half assed spellers. :laugh:

Have a good time at the games Whiz.