PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day 2008

Denver Native (Carol)
11-11-2008, 11:13 AM
:usa2: My sincerest Thank You to all Veterans and present Military Personnel for your service. You definitely are all HEROES

May God Bless you

DallasChief
11-11-2008, 11:14 AM
I'll be calling my favorite veteran today and wishing him a happy birthday and a happy Veteran's day.

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2008, 11:15 AM
:salute:

Day1BroncoFan
11-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Happy Veterans Day to all Veterans!!!

MOtorboat
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
:salute:

Thank you.

BroncoJoe
11-11-2008, 11:30 AM
:usa2: :salute:

deacon
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks.

Northman
11-11-2008, 12:19 PM
May my dad rest in peace.

Flatinum
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Thank you to all military personnel in the "free world" past and present. You are the reason we are "free".

It's called Remembrance Day in Canada.

CoachChaz
11-11-2008, 03:11 PM
It's frustrating when some bum gets to sit home today because he works for the government and I have to sit at work.

Flatinum
11-11-2008, 03:16 PM
It's frustrating when some bum gets to sit home today because he works for the government and I have to sit at work.

Government workers are off here to, everyone else has to work.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
On this Veteran's Day, I want take this opportunity to thank all who have served and are serving to make us safe and keep us safe.

To those who have lost loved ones in the service of our country, words cannot express our gratitude for your sacrifice.

May God bless you greatly on this day of remembrance!:salute:

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 03:25 PM

hopefully said Person was a veteran, if not then your sentiments are almost justified..

Where is the neg rep button when you need it....

SR
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm enjoying my day off today. Got some stuff done and I'm about to go mail the rest of my CHL paper work in to the Texas DPS.

Thanks for all of the wishes and kind words. I wouldn't trade the last five plus years in the Air Force for anything. I've served my country four times and seen the world on the Government's tab. I've learned a trade that not many people know or are capable of knowing and it's an awesome job.

My wishes go out to all of those past and present who have served as well. Happy Veteran's Day.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Happy Veteran's Day to all those on the board who have served, are serving and will continue to serve. Furthermore, a very blessed thanks and salute to those all those who have served elsewhere, and moreover - those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in protecting America and the Freedom we love and hold true.

Thanks to whoever started this thread too. I have to call my granddaddy and let him know I'm thankful for what he did too! :salute:

KCL
11-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Remembering all of our Vets for all they have done and continue
to do! :salute:

CoachChaz
11-11-2008, 03:49 PM
hopefully said Person was a veteran, if not then your sentiments are almost justified..

Where is the neg rep button when you need it....

I can assure you most of those guys arent veterans. Yet a disabled vet like me has to work. Seems redundant

SR
11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
It's horseshit is what it is Chaz. Start a revolt.

KCL
11-11-2008, 04:41 PM
It's horseshit is what it is Chaz. Start a revolt.

No start a new thread and let this one be what it was intended to be!

CoachChaz
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
No start a new thread and let this one be what it was intended to be!

relax...I'm just making a simple comment

Jaws
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with all serving in the armed forces at the moment and their families.

My gratitude towards those who bravely served in previous conflicts :salute:

Earlier today in London, three of the four surviving British World War I veterans attended a ceremony at the Cenotaph.

Henry Allingham, 112, Harry Patch, 110, and Bill Stone, 108, represented the Royal Air Force, Army and Royal Navy respectively.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7722443.stm

KCL
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
relax...I'm just making a simple comment

I am always relaxed....just don't think this thread needs to take a
turn.JMO!

oops...now there I have gone and got off topic.

:focus:

CoachChaz
11-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I am always relaxed....just don't think this thread needs to take a
turn.JMO!

oops...now there I have gone and got off topic.

:focus:

Yeah...that never happens around here.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 11:32 PM
By Newt Gingrich

This may be the perfect week to reflect on a Presidential election and the nature of America.

Veterans Day is a somber reminder of the millions of Americans who have fought for freedom and the more than one million who have died for that cause.

It is also a good time to remind ourselves that we are Americans first before we are Republicans or Democrats, conservatives or liberals.

One of the reasons I feel this sense of being an American first is because of the example set by my father.

Robert Gingrich spent 27 years in the United States Army, serving as an infantryman in three wars to defend and protect his country. His life was an example of putting America first, and it made a deep impression on me.

That spirit of being an American first hit me last Tuesday night, watching President-elect Obama address over 250,000 people in Grant Park in Chicago

President elect Obama's speech was gracious and conciliatory. There was very little to object to.

Like most Americans, I was proud that this is a country where the first generation descendent of an immigrant could become President. America is a country where you can be born into any ethnic group and come from any background and have a chance to work your way to the top.

This has been a good year for opening up the American dream. Senator Hillary Clinton and Governor Sarah Palin proved that young women can dream big and have an exciting future.

President-elect Obama proved that every African-American has a chance to rise.

Senator John McCain reminded all of us that America is built on the courage of heroes and the examples of selfless men and women who endure the unendurable and suffer the unimaginable for love of freedom and love of America.

There was much to learn this year if you were willing to open your eyes, ears and mind to the possibilities.

horsesense
11-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I was off (with pay) yesterday. Played golf, but had to pay holiday rates..
Props to all that have served, and those that are still serving..:salute:

claymore
11-12-2008, 09:39 AM

I enjoyed my day off like a SOB! :D

CoachChaz
11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I enjoyed my day off like a SOB! :D

Im glad some people benefit from what veterans have done

claymore
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Im glad some people benefit from what veterans have done

I think everyone does. Some know it some do not.

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 10:16 AM
I think everyone does. Some know it some do not.

Most do not have a clue why they get the day off and sadly few care about the sacrifices made to keep us free...

claymore
11-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Most do not have a clue why they get the day off and sadly few care about the sacrifices made to keep us free...

I was mainly talking about being able to say what you want, American liberties etc...

The reason we have Veterans day off is because Congress aproved it. It is a Government holiday. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am more pissed we celebrate MLK day, but dont get crap for Easter.

Flatinum
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army
In Flanders Fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
I was mainly talking about being able to say what you want, American liberties etc...

The reason we have Veterans day off is because Congress aproved it. It is a Government holiday. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am more pissed we celebrate MLK day, but dont get crap for Easter.

You know we have to be PC, more than to have common sense..

topscribe
11-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Thank you all for your service to our country. :usa2:

In remembrance of my wife's two cousins, brothers, who died within days of
each other in Vietnam.

In remembrance of my friend LaVerne Walker, a conscientious objector in
Vietnam who, instead of shirking his duty, became a medic and died trying to
save a soldier on the battlefield.

In remembrance of all who have lived and died in such service so that I am
free to sit there on this day and freely write this and just about anything else
I want.

If you served, you are my hero. If you honestly tried to serve, you are my
hero.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Special/BlanketofFreedom.gif

-----