PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: New CBA tentatively agreed to: Players vote to accept deal - timeline included

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Jay Glazer reported that NFL/NFLPA negotiators reach a deal around 3am Monday morning (Sunday night) and NFLPA executive committee and player reps should vote by noon.

Ok, here is the latest from Adam Schefter who lays out a MUCH quicker timeline than originally reported this morning.

RT @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Latest timeline for getting NFL back in business - subject to approval by the NFLPA. Here are the details. Teams can sign their free agents this afternoon. Teams can begin talking to UFAs this afternoon. Teams can sign UFAs tomorrow at noon. Teams can begin talking trades this afternoon. Any trade made would not become official until Saturday.

RT @Jay_Glazer: Clearing up training camp schedule, 10 teams report Wed, 10 Thurs, 10 Fri, 2 Sunday. 15 days before 1st preseason game

UPDATE: Conflicting timeline reported by NFLN's Albert Breer:

According to another source, the league does have a plan in place for the coming days. The doors would open Tuesday, with clubs allowed to sign draftees and rookie free agents. Free agency would begin Friday at 6 p.m. ET, though clubs could begin to speak with free agents starting Tuesday. Ten teams would open camp Wednesday, another 10 Thursday, another 10 Friday, and the remaining two on Sunday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820f4c7f/article/with-agreement-in-place-players-will-vote-once-document-is-completed

UPDATE2: Jay Glazer still reporting that free agent signing starts Friday:

RT @Jay_Glazer Trades can be made and rookies signed starting tomorrow. Free agents cannot be signed until 6 pm Friday. All FA's on same time line, no exclusive window for own FA's

UPDATE3: Here is a summary of the deal as presented to the players:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/25/cba-settlement-summary/index.html

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Some more from Schefter:

RT @AdamSchefter: Teams can begin signing UFAs tomorrow at noon. Those contracts would not take effect until Aug 2. Ten teams would report Weds, 10 Thurs, 10 Fri, with Jets and Texans reporting on Sunday. New league year would start Aug. 2 at 4 pm.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 07:54 AM
It is going to be a fun week here

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM
It is going to be a fun week here

Yea, maybe I should have rebooted the server this weekend. Hasn't been restarted in 206 days. :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Sweet. I'm looking forward to this hectic week. Not just who ends up in Denver, but how all the rosters are shuffled. Should be fun to watch.

Let's hope we can trade Orton... :crossesfingers:

Traveler
07-25-2011, 07:58 AM
it is going to be a fun week here

finally!

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Yea, maybe I should have rebooted the server this weekend. Hasn't been restarted in 206 days. :lol:

Well there you jinxed it. It all starts tomorrow at noon, BF goes down at 12:01 boooo:tsk:

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Well there you jinxed it. It all starts tomorrow at noon, BF goes down at 12:01 boooo:tsk:

Uh Oh, I have a spa afternoon starting at noon (massage, mani/petti, etc.), so won't even be available to get it back up. Oh well...

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Here is the conflicting timeline that Adam Breer has reported:

According to another source, the league does have a plan in place for the coming days. The doors would open Tuesday, with clubs allowed to sign draftees and rookie free agents. Free agency would begin Friday at 6 p.m. ET, though clubs could begin to speak with free agents starting Tuesday. Ten teams would open camp Wednesday, another 10 Thursday, another 10 Friday, and the remaining two on Sunday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820f4c7f/article/with-agreement-in-place-players-will-vote-once-document-is-completed

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Here is the conflicting timeline that Adam Breer has reported:

SOme teams open camp Wednesday and others not until Sun?

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:12 AM
SOme teams open camp Wednesday and others not until Sun?

Yes. I switched over to ESPN (was watching NFLN), but only caught the end of Schefter's report. I think it at least partially has to do with the preseason schedule. Players must be in camp 14 days prior to a game, and there are some games on Thursday the 11th. Not sure what other factors there may be, like team logistics.

Tned
07-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Jay Glazer still reporting that free agent signing starts Friday:

RT @Jay_Glazer Trades can be made and rookies signed starting tomorrow. Free agents cannot be signed until 6 pm Friday. All FA's on same time line, no exclusive window for own FA's

Tned
07-25-2011, 09:16 AM

RT @RossTuckerNFL: When does FA start? It's @Jay_Glazer (Friday 6pm) vs. @AdamSchefter (Tuesday Noon). Winner take all.

MasterShake
07-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Somehow, all this madness in the coming weeks almost makes this horrible offseason worth it! :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 10:18 AM
The following is the full timeline, reported by Schefter. I am confused by the following - i.e. did the league set the following, or was the following set by the individual teams, since it says staggered schedules? :confused:

Players would begin to report to their teams on a staggered scheduled. Another league source said it was unclear what teams would be allowed to do between the opening of camps and Aug. 2, when the league year officially begins.

According to the proposed timeline, 10 teams would report on Wednesday, 10 more on Thursday and 10 additional teams on Friday. The New York Jets and Houston Texans would be the last two teams to report, on Sunday.

The report dates would be back-timed to 14 days before teams play their first preseason games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6799301/nfl-transactions-start-monday-source-says

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 10:20 AM
On Pro Football Talk is says rookies signings and trades can start at 1201 tonight. It is here too on Mile High Report http://www.milehighreport.com/ on the front page.
Kyle could be gone by the time you wake up tomorrow.

underrated29
07-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Uh Oh, I have a spa afternoon starting at noon (massage, mani/petti, etc.), so won't even be available to get it back up. Oh well...

Whaaaaaaat?

I can understand the massage, but you are getting a manicure/pedicure? wtf?

I will take what schefty says over all the rest. He is the know!

Tned
07-25-2011, 10:56 AM

RT @JasonLaCanfora: NFLN and NFL.com has learned under agreed to timeline, trades and rookie signings start Tues, facilities open Wed. unrestricted free agents. Free to negotiate with any team starting Tues - cannot sign with teams officially til Fri. Camps would open over weekend. Told there are some wrinkles that may surprise people as well. NFLPA execs still arriving in DC, a vote is expected this afternoon. All of this is pending. Recertification of NFLPA as well, but this is the plan for the week for now. Stay tuned to NFL Network and click NFL.com for more details.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
The updated timeline from league sources:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6799301/latest-nfl-timeline-starts-tuesday
Mortensen/Michael Smith talking

Tned
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM

RT @AlbertBreer: Filed to NFL Network: there will be no opt-out in the 10-year deal, after much haggling over it.

RT @MaxBroncos: With the Broncos' first preseason game on Aug. 11, they can--and apparently will--report on Wednesday, with the first practice Thursday.

GEM
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Absolutely giddy right now!! :D

pnbronco
07-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey Tned and Carol thank you so much for trying to keep us up on everything.

You are the best and had the both of you been working all this we would of had this done a long time ago.....:salute:

Davii
07-25-2011, 11:49 AM

Someone is going to put that in their sig. Maybe two sigs, one about the mani/pedi, one about not getting it back up.

I think you should hold out for an eyebrow wax too. There really is nothing like a clean brow to scream manliness. :D

LTC Pain
07-25-2011, 11:51 AM

You are the best and had the both of you been working all this we would of had this done a long time ago.....:salute:

Make it quad appreciation :)

Tned
07-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Someone is going to put that in their sig. Maybe two sigs, one about the mani/pedi, one about not getting it back up.

I think you should hold out for an eyebrow wax too. There really is nothing like a clean brow to scream manliness. :D

Yea, the wife is worried about an eventual unibrow...

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM

If Tned and I had been working this - we would have had EVERYTHING top heavy in favor of the Broncos, and the other 31 teams could have fought for the leftovers.:D:lol:;)

LTC Pain
07-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Yea, the wife is worried about an eventual unibrow...

I thought you wouldn't be able to type for 24 hours after getting your nails done in double thick latex polish :):):)

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 12:37 PM
This article updated a few minutes ago.

From article:

According to the documents being forwarded to all agents from the NFLPA, obtained by La Canfora, they key dates to the league year would be as follows:

Monday: The free agent list will be published at 6 p.m. ET.

Tuesday: Facilities open “for training, conditioning” and “classroom” work; trading period begins (no time specified); teams can start signing undrafted and drafted free agents at 10 a.m. ET; teams can begin negotiating with any free agents -- their own and those who were with other teams.

Thursday: Waiver period begins and teams can begin terminating contract at 4:01 p.m. ET.

Friday: Full free agency begins -- teams can begin signing their own free agents and those who played with other teams at 6 p.m. ET.

full article - much more -
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820f4c7f/article/agreement-in-place-players-reviewing-deal-prior-to-vote?module=HP11_breaking_news

SpringsBroncoFan
07-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Wow, it's finally safe to read about football again???

I've felt like Dustins' dentist has been drilling everytime I check this site...

Tned
07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
PFT is calling this the official timeline given to player reps:

Also, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may negotiate with, but not sign or give offer sheets to, other team’s unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, and franchise players.

At 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday, teams may waive or terminate player contracts.

At 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may renegotiate existing player contracts, sign their own unrestricted free agents, sign their own restricted free agents, and sign their franchise players.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may sign unrestricted free agents from other teams, restricted free agents from other teams, and franchise players from other teams.

See full story/timeline: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/the-timeline-given-to-executive-committee-and-player-representatives/

Tned
Vote appears to be in and players have voted to approve deal:

RT @AlbertBreer: RT @GeorgeAtallah It's Unanimous.

Tned

RT @AlbertBreer: Unanimous vote goes as a recommendation from the 32 player reps to the Brady plaintiffs, who have agreed to sign off on the settlement.

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
My sources tell me the deal is done.

LTC Pain
07-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Here's the timeline briefed to the executive committe and player representatives.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/the-timeline-given-to-executive-committee-and-player-representatives/

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 01:30 PM
SOOOOOO - I just got the following email from the Denver Broncos Online Store:

"The 2011 Season Starts Today! Gear Up for Broncos Football Action"

And of course, on the email you can click on shop now :D

Tned
07-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Here is a summary of the deal as presented to the players:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/25/cba-settlement-summary/index.html

Bullgator
07-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Well now... its getting to be that time... you guys nervous? KO goodbye party my house 8pm...we know Kyle will be there.
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kyle_orton_chicago_bears_3_drunk_pictures1.jpg

Tned
07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Well now... its getting to be that time... you guys nervous? KO goodbye party my house 8pm...we know Kyle will be there.
http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kyle_orton_chicago_bears_3_drunk_pictures1.jpg

Yep, I just hope that Brady Quinn is ready to take over the starting gig.