PDA

View Full Version : Where will Orton end up?

WARHORSE
07-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Jason LaConfora said on NFL Network that he didnt know where Orton would end up, but that the closer we have moved to a labor deal, he is hearing both Miami and Arizona are interested.

Miami seems like the most plausible place, especially since Brandon Marshall has got to be tooting his horn for Orton to be there since he knows Kyle will throw him the ball unlike Henne.

I say trade Orton to them for a third rounder with an upgrade to a second or first rounder if certain playing time goals or achievements are hit.

If he throws for over 4000 yards and 20 touchdowns, we get a second. If he wins the AFC East, or wins two playoff games, while throwing for over 4000 and 25 TDs, we get a first.

I like it anyway.:coffee:

:D

Canmore
07-25-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure. Where ever it is, I hope we get a decent pick for him. A second sure would be nice.

MOtorboat
07-25-2011, 01:09 AM
I don't think anyone would agree to the terms of that agreement. At this point, I think Denver might be lucky to get anything for him.

Canmore
07-25-2011, 01:15 AM
I don't think anyone would agree to the terms of that agreement. At this point, I think Denver might be lucky to get anything for him.

I'm hoping for a high third. A second would be great but rumors are we won't get that. A quality defensive tackle would be a nice swap but probably a pipe dream. Hoping we don't just give him away.

Juriga72
07-25-2011, 06:50 AM
I voted -

"Sitting on a couch yelling at the tv...."CHECK DOWN!!!!!! CHECK DOWN!!!!!"

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 06:52 AM
I voted -

"Sitting on a couch yelling at the tv...."CHECK DOWN!!!!!! CHECK DOWN!!!!!"

That is some comedy right there.

Tned
07-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Bad poll. No "Stays in Denver" choice, and no choice for a straight 3rd (not conditional), which is most likely based on reports. A 2nd is considered a best case for Denver.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Bad poll. No "Stays in Denver" choice, and no choice for a straight 3rd (not conditional), which is most likely based on reports. A 2nd is considered a best case for Denver.

Your right, but I'm with whoever started the poll, staying in Denver is not an option for Kyle. (well I hope not anyways)

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Your right, but I'm with whoever started the poll, staying in Denver is not an option for Kyle. (well I hope not anyways)

I'm hoping he's traded, because I don't see him as a long term option and we need to know if Tebow is. That said, it's far from a done deal, and the OP appears overly optimistic in terms of what we get for Orton (based on what the NFL talking heads are predicting).

HORSEPOWER 56
07-25-2011, 07:20 AM
I don't think he's going anywhere. He'll get the nod to start, we'll continue to lose games especially if they are in his hands late, and he'll get replaced once we've been eliminated from contention. That's my prediction. He'll get his $8 mil and ride off into the sunset and we'll get nothing except another losing season.

It just makes too much sense to trade him. I haven't seen sense coming out of Dove Valley in years. Maybe the new regime will be different, but I'm not holding my breath.

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't think he's going anywhere. He'll get the nod to start, we'll continue to lose games especially if they are in his hands late, and he'll get replaced once we've been eliminated from contention. That's my prediction. He'll get his $8 mil and ride off into the sunset and we'll get nothing except another losing season.

It just makes too much sense to trade him. I haven't seen sense coming out of Dove Valley in years. Maybe the new regime will be different, but I'm not holding my breath.

Since I get the sense that Fox wants to win now, Orton gives him the best chance to win now, especially because Tebow lost an offseason of work that he really needed. So, your scenario is normally what I would expect. The kicker here might be the salary cap and the fact that the Broncos really need to lose Orton's salary.

chazoe60
07-25-2011, 07:48 AM
I voted Miami for a conditional third but I think it'll probably be more like a fourth.

And tned, I have to disagree with the notion that Orton gives us a better chance of winning now. When Tebow started we never scored less than what the team averaged under Orton. There will be bumps in the road with a young guy that's for sure, but I honestly feel like Tebow gives us a better chance to win now and in the future.

We are not going to be a great team so inevitably the majority of our wins will be close at the end, and we all know how well Orton responds to those situations. Tebow will not put up the same stats as Orton would but who do you honestly trust more at the end of a close game?

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:51 AM
I voted Miami for a conditional third but I think it'll probably be more like a fourth.

And tned, I have to disagree with the notion that Orton gives us a better chance of winning now. When Tebow started we never scored less than what the team averaged under Orton. There will be bumps in the road with a young guy that's for sure, but I honestly feel like Tebow gives us a better chance to win now and in the future.

We are not going to be a great team so inevitably the majority of our wins will be clLSD at the end, and we all know how well Orton responds to those situations. Tebow will not put up the same stats as Orton would but who do you honestly trust more at the end of a close game?

I probably wasn't clear. I don't think Orton gives us the best chance of winning, but believe Fox will likely feel a veteran vs a raw, second year player will give him the best chance.

Personally, I think Orton gives the team a better chance to "not lose" a game, assuming the team had a stout defense, good running game, etc. Think the Steelers Big Ben's first couple years. I think Tebow gives the team the best chance to win without those two things, but he will almost certainly make more mistakes -- as all young QBs do.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't think Orton has a chance in hell to start for the Broncos this year. One of the most important battles in the lock out was the battle for the fans, there is no way on earth the Broncos are going to follow up a lock out by taking their most popular player on the team and sticking him on the bench, expecially after the last 3 games last year.

Traveler
07-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Since I get the sense that Fox wants to win now, Orton gives him the best chance to win now, especially because Tebow lost an offseason of work that he really needed. So, your scenario is normally what I would expect. The kicker here might be the salary cap and the fact that the Broncos really need to lose Orton's salary.

I guessing every coach wants to win now, and while that might be Fox's sentiment, he knows that this season is probably a wash. He just can't say so publically.

Too many things stacked up against them. Most notably, the labor impasse. No OTA's or the chance to install their systems. They don't even have their roster completed.

As to Orton, I agree that he must be traded. Most likely to Miami IMO. Kolb is all but signed in AZ. Miami is his best chance to become the starting QB for another team.

Tned
07-25-2011, 07:59 AM
I guessing every coach wants to win now, and while that might be Fox's sentiment, he knows that this season is probably a wash. He just can't say so publically.

Too many things stacked up against them. Most notably, the labor impasse. No OTA's or the chance to install their systems. They don't even have their roster completed.

As to Orton, I agree that he must be traded. Most likely to Miami IMO. Kolb is all but signed in AZ. Miami is his best chance to become the starting QB for another team.

Last night, the NFLN guys were saying the Kolb to AZ trade isn't as sure as most people think (but can't remember what reason they gave). They said that Orton to AZ could happen, but also said Miami would be a good fit.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I can't see Kolb not going to the Cards unless Miami steps up Kolb then Orton to AZ?
Either way I think both Kolb and Orton need to start packing.

HORSEPOWER 56
07-25-2011, 08:04 AM

We are not going to be a great team so inevitably the majority of our wins will be close at the end, and we all know how well Orton responds to those situations. Tebow will not put up the same stats as Orton would but who do you honestly trust more at the end of a close game?

I hear ya, but I think Fox probably feels that he can protect Orton with a running game and defense (something McDaniels didn't) and allow Orton to just be the caretaker who doesn't turn the ball over (which can be okay in a run-first offense).

We're all about to find out what our future will look like. Time to see if the new Broncos will take that necessary step forward and actually build for the future rather than struggle in the present. It will take a lot of balls to trade a veteran QB and hand Tebow the keys, especially with little evaluation this offseason. Lets hope EFX has them.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
I hear ya, but I think Fox probably feels that he can protect Orton with a running game and defense (something McDaniels didn't) and allow Orton to just be the caretaker who doesn't turn the ball over (which can be okay in a run-first offense).

We're all about to find out what our future will look like. Time to see if the new Broncos will take that necessary step forward and actually build for the future rather than struggle in the present. It will take a lot of balls to trade a veteran QB and hand Tebow the keys, especially with little evaluation this offseason. Lets hope EFX has them.

I think it would take more balls to hold on to Orton, put Tebow on the bench and come out in the media say, I know I'm new here but F you fans and F you Denver I am playing Orton even if you all hate him.
Most of the time I agree the coach and front office will do whatever they want to win, and that is how it should be. This is a different situation, the perfect storm. A very unpopular lockout, Orton is bad in the media, fans are against him and he is over paid. Tebow is the golden boy, he played with HUGE heart the last 3 weeks last year and he has said the right thing over and over.
I was never a Tebow fan, I personally would like a more traditionally styled QB, and back even before he was drafted I was on the anyone but Tebow group, but the kids has earned a shot and more than that, Orton has had a shot and the Broncos fan base in general (I know there are a few Orton fans left) is doen with Orton. I don't think starting Orton is a move Fox and Co. can make.

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:19 AM
I think it would take more balls to hold on to Orton, put Tebow on the bench and come out in the media say, I know I'm new here but F you fans and F you Denver I am playing Orton even if you all hate him.
Most of the time I agree the coach and front office will do whatever they want to win, and that is how it should be. This is a different situation, the perfect storm. A very unpopular lockout, Orton is bad in the media, fans are against him and he is over paid. Tebow is the golden boy, he played with HUGE heart the last 3 weeks last year and he has said the right thing over and over.
I was never a Tebow fan, I personally would like a more traditionally styled QB, and back even before he was drafted I was on the anyone but Tebow group, but the kids has earned a shot and more than that, Orton has had a shot and the Broncos fan base in general (I know there are a few Orton fans left) is doen with Orton. I don't think starting Orton is a move Fox and Co. can make.

Since the firing of McDaniels, the team has clearly done a LOT to try and reconcile with the fans and rebuild the lost trust and enthusiasm. If you go back through the timeline, whether it be bring Elway on board, bringing back the Orange jersies, posting videos of parts of the coaching interviews, Twitter updates, etc. The team has clearly been reaching out to fans to get them back on board. Whether or not the Orton/Tebow decision will be influenced by this fan outreach I don't know, but there clearly is an emphasis on getting fan morale back where it used to be.

Mike
07-25-2011, 08:25 AM

If Orton starts another game in orange and blue my wife better hide the dog. :mad:

Juriga72
07-25-2011, 08:30 AM

The last person with those kind of balls left here smiling as he got paid not to coach anymore....

If it takes "Balls" to start the qb who won fewer games than your last one who got you fired....... I do NOT want my head coach thinking that

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:30 AM
If Orton starts another game in orange and blue my wife better hide the dog. :mad:

Friends don't let friends kick dogs.... without wearing steel tipped boots....

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Since the firing of McDaniels, the team has clearly done a LOT to try and reconcile with the fans and rebuild the lost trust and enthusiasm. If you go back through the timeline, whether it be bring Elway on board, bringing back the Orange jersies, posting videos of parts of the coaching interviews, Twitter updates, etc. The team has clearly been reaching out to fans to get them back on board. Whether or not the Orton/Tebow decision will be influenced by this fan outreach I don't know, but there clearly is an emphasis on getting fan morale back where it used to be.

Now you see where I am coming from. I don't have a doubt it will be considered.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:32 AM

Because Orton makes you horney?

nevcraw
07-25-2011, 08:33 AM
I think a second is fair trade for someone the trading teams sees as a starter.
Kolb with much less game tape is commnading a 1st.
My hope is EFX trades for a second but could become a 1st if certain criteria is hit.. maybe too much but a boy can dream right??

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:34 AM
The last person with those kind of balls left here smiling as he got paid not to coach anymore....

If it takes "Balls" to start the qb who won fewer games than your last one who got you fired....... I do NOT want my head coach thinking that

Brady had won less games then Bledsow when he took over, how did that work out:confused:

Juriga72
07-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Brady had won less games then Bledsow when he took over, how did that work out:confused:

As soon as Kyle Orton plays one playoff game.... we can compare those two...:)

I would think its kinda Like how Matt Cassell had a better season when Brady was injured, than Orton ever had...lol

Fox went down in flames because he stuck with Jake Delhomne too long... NO WAY he makes that very same mistake again his next gig...IMHO.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 08:59 AM
As soon as Kyle Orton plays one playoff game.... we can compare those two...:)

I would think its kinda Like how Matt Cassell had a better season when Brady was injured, than Orton ever had...lol

Fox went down in flames because he stuck with Jake Delhomne too long... NO WAY he makes that very same mistake again his next gig...IMHO.

I think there were a lot of problem in Carolina, Jake was one of them and not all were Fox's fault. However, I don't think the choice is his to start Orton. I think when he was hired it was on the grounds he knew Kyle would be gone, they just haven't had the chance to get rid of him yet.

Tned
07-25-2011, 09:12 AM
I think a second is fair trade for someone the trading teams sees as a starter.
Kolb with much less game tape is commnading a 1st.
My hope is EFX trades for a second but could become a 1st if certain criteria is hit.. maybe too much but a boy can dream right??

I hope your scenario works out, but none of the talking heads/reporters seem to agree. I've heard nobody even mention the possibility of a conditional that could be a first. Instead, they are saying that the Broncos would like a second, most teams are more likely to offer a 3rd.

Dean
07-25-2011, 09:48 AM
I hope your scenario works out, but none of the talking heads/reporters seem to agree. I've heard nobody even mention the possibility of a conditional that could be a first. Instead, they are saying that the Broncos would like a second, most teams are more likely to offer a 3rd.

IMO the short lead time to obtain and coach-up players for this season will lead to some higher salaries and trade values than what has been normal. Teams don't have the time to haggle as much as is customary.

nevcraw
07-25-2011, 09:50 AM

Yeah - probably a pipe dream..
If the Broncos don't wait too long I would think they could still get a second. there are several teams that are QB desperate and I would put orton slightly behind Kolb for interest but ahead of everyone else except if Palmer is available.
I could see AZ push for Palmer but the Bungles could muck it up. All of these teams could need a starter.
Seattle
Tenn
Miami
Minn
Cinci

BroncoNut
07-25-2011, 10:02 AM
back to the earth, like all of us

Ravage!!!
07-25-2011, 10:17 AM
It could very well be Hasselbeck to AZ. Don't think people are as down on him as many on this board are.

Orton does give us the best chance to win 'now'...but thats not really what I want to happen. The lack of offseason is going to hurt Tebow more than anyone by FAR. The theory that Tebow has earned the job because of his offseason workouts is nothing more than hopes. Coaches don't care if its not resulting ON the field (or showing it in practice).

I think Miami is in a DESPARATE need of a QB. Orton could be another placeholder for them until they draft one.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 10:23 AM
I think Hasselbeck has a deal in place with the Titans. His brother has been all over the media talking about his Matt joining the Titans for weeks.

BroncoNut
07-25-2011, 10:24 AM
It could very well be Hasselbeck to AZ. Don't think people are as down on him as many on this board are.

Orton does give us the best chance to win 'now'...but thats not really what I want to happen. The lack of offseason is going to hurt Tebow more than anyone by FAR. The theory that Tebow has earned the job because of his offseason workouts is nothing more than hopes. Coaches don't care if its not resulting ON the field (or showing it in practice).

I think Miami is in a DESPARATE need of a QB. Orton could be another placeholder for them until they draft one.

placeholder? not as in kickplace holder?

Ravage!!!
07-25-2011, 10:29 AM
placeholder? not as in kickplace holder?

No. More like a roster place holder. A guy that simply holds down the position until they find...or draft.. someone they feel is better. Just as he was here in Denver. A placeholder...until.

Thats going to be Orton's role in the NFL for the rest of his career. He'll move from team to team,holding a spot...starting here and there...UNTIL that team moves on to someone they hope can actually be the future.

underrated29
07-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I voted Other. I see more teams in need for Kyle than just AZ and MIA....

Tennesee, bills, Vikings, even the bengals.

Id say Tennesee is the best bet if not for arizona. I just see Kyle in AZ tearing it up.

Also I think we get better than a 3rd. There are not a lot of QBs out there right now, and the ones that are are really old or really have baggage.

MIA- takes Kolb
AZ-Orton
Tenn- hasselbeck
Bills- Vince young

Juriga72
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Id say Tennesee is the best bet if not for arizona. I just see Kyle in AZ tearing it up.

I would think that with a much worse O-line, Arizona is not a good choice for Orton. No running game and one great wideout.....

Nah... Arizona isn't the place..IMHO

FanInAZ
07-25-2011, 11:26 AM
From what I've been hearing; AZ wants Kolb. I believe it will probably be too late to pursue Orton if they lose out on him. That's why it’s a coin flip for me between Miami & Seattle. I voted for the later.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 11:53 AM
IMO, there is a very important issue here that has not been addressed. Let's say that Orton is traded - UNLESS the trade is - your QB for my QB, the Broncos will be scrambling to bring in another QB, as I can not see them going with just Tebow and Quinn. So, who will that third QB be?

LTC Pain
07-25-2011, 11:57 AM
IMO, there is a very important issue here that has not been addressed. Let's say that Orton is traded - UNLESS the trade is - your QB for my QB, the Broncos will be scrambling to bring in another QB, as I can not see them going with just Tebow and Quinn. So, who will that third QB be?

I think the Broncos will trade KO, start TT, bring in a veteran QB to backup/mentor TT, dump BQ and sign an undrafted college QB to develop.

BroncoNut
07-25-2011, 11:59 AM

I dont' know. who do you think?

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Bradlee Van Pelt is my guess.

underrated29
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Its an interesting scenario....We have heard the FO say they will not be bringing in a QB. They have said it a couple times. So perhaps that means Kyle is not going to be traded.

Or perhaps that they are just going to roll with 2 qbs, and sign a QB or UDFA.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I dont' know. who do you think?

I have no idea. Just thought it would be something to think about if Kyle is traded.

Lonestar
07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Unless get get a high #2 Orton starts the season.

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 12:31 PM

I disrespectfully disagree.

BroncoNut
07-25-2011, 12:33 PM
I have no idea. Just thought it would be something to think about if Kyle is traded.

It's a possible scenario now that I think about it.. bringing in another qb

Denver Native (Carol)
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
It's a possible scenario now that I think about it.. bringing in another qb

I just can't see the Broncos going with only 2 qbs if Kyle is traded.

Thnikkaman
07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Orton will be with Denver through at least the first 3 weeks of Preseason. Some team is going to get a QB injury and will either need a quick QB fix or a backup, and then we will probably get a 3rd rounder for him.

BroncoNut
07-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I just can't see the Broncos going with only 2 qbs if Kyle is traded.

Neither can I. I would think it would definitely be a veteran. Maybe Kurt Warner.

chazoe60
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Neither can I. I would think it would definitely be a veteran. Maybe Kurt Warner.

I would love that, I don't see it happening though. I think Warner is retired for good. He and TT would get along great I bet, with their strong religious beliefs I think they'd be great friends. And Warner is one of the most selfless players ever as witnessed by his great attitude toward helping Eli Manning.

Warner is one of my favorite non-Bronco players of all time BTW.

Juriga72
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM

Not if its one of the 20 teams that beat us the last two years...

Because they saw first hand just how bad Orton is/can be.

So that leaves 12 teams out there.

Green Bay
Chicago
Atlanta
are set...lol

leaving 9 teams

slim
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Arizona wants Kolb

nevcraw
07-25-2011, 01:37 PM
it makes too much sense fore Delohme to be here as TT's adviser. I hope he never takes snap but as a back-up that would be fine.. they need ot trade Orton early for max return.

BroncoJoe
07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Skidrow.

MileHighCrew
07-25-2011, 01:46 PM
The grocery story Kurt Warner worked in has a opening or he can go see if Tatum Bell needs an assistant in the cell phone business

BroncoNut
07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I would love that, I don't see it happening though. I think Warner is retired for good. He and TT would get along great I bet, with their strong religious beliefs I think they'd be great friends. And Warner is one of the most selfless players ever as witnessed by his great attitude toward helping Eli Manning.

Warner is one of my favorite non-Bronco players of all time BTW.

that would be a good fit I bet

HORSEPOWER 56
07-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Steve Young thinks that Orton will end up wherever Matt Hasselbeck doesn't. In other words, if Hasselbeck isn't retained in Seattle, Orton will go there or possibly Tennessee.

I don't care where he goes or even if we get anything for him. I just want him gone so we can all unite under a new banner, under a new regime, and under a new starting QB.

I'm tired of QB controversies. I've had my fill for at least the next decade.

T.K.O.
07-25-2011, 08:42 PM
in the H.O.F. ?:behindsofa:

Tned
07-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Steve Young thinks that Orton will end up wherever Matt Hasselbeck doesn't. In other words, if Hasselbeck isn't retained in Seattle, Orton will go there or possibly Tennessee.

I don't care where he goes or even if we get anything for him. I just want him gone so we can all unite under a new banner, under a new regime, and under a new starting QB.

I'm tired of QB controversies. I've had my fill for at least the next decade.

Sorry, trading him won't end it. We saw that when Plummer left, and after Cutler was traded. Even with Orton being traded, if Tebow struggles at all, the Orton lovers will be crowing. The Tebow lovers will crow if Tebow does well and/or Orton struggles wherever he goes.

Tis is the nature of idiotic QB arguments.

jhildebrand
07-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Picked up a friend from DIA late Friday. My son and I were Watching planes land from the Conoco station off of Pena Blvd waiting for the friend's plane to land. Lo and behold the Az Cardinals plane landed at DIA! Could have been refueling to get back to AZ from the east and labor talks but....

HORSEPOWER 56
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry, trading him won't end it. We saw that when Plummer left, and after Cutler was traded. Even with Orton being traded, if Tebow struggles at all, the Orton lovers will be crowing. The Tebow lovers will crow if Tebow does well and/or Orton struggles wherever he goes.

True, but I can count on one hand the amount of Plummer supporters left over after we traded him to TB (retired) and Cutler was the full-time starter. There were so few kicking around I could ignore them without really trying and Plummer was a QB that led us to more wins than losses. In the end, Plummer played himself out of a job and everyone saw it.

Orton led us to the worst season in team history in is the poster boy for the failed McDaniels regime. Is it Orton's fault? No, he is who he is and was traded here, but I will never look at him as anything more than a stopgap/placeholder who has the stink of McDaniels' smoke and mirrors offense all over him.

If Tebow succeeds, I think Orton will be as easily let go as Brian Griese was. He has played here for 2 seasons, it's not like we have a lot invested in him or ever really had any hope that he was "our guy" long-term.

Bugs Baloney
07-25-2011, 09:49 PM
If Tebow succeeds, I think Orton will be as easily let go as Brian Griese was. He has played here for 2 seasons, it's not like we have a lot invested in him or ever really had any hope that he was "our guy" long-term.

Well, then here's to Tebow's Success! :beer:

fingers crossed......:drool:

Tned
07-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Interesting article about Orton to Miami out of Florida:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-hyde-miami-dolphins-nfl-lockout-0720110725,0,5796737.column

MOtorboat
07-25-2011, 11:40 PM

I may still opine every so often about Plummer, and I've been a fairly ardent supporter of Orton, but you won't see me doing that in this case. Denver needs to know if Tebow can be an NFL quarterback. McDaniels stuck Denver with him (kind of like how Shanahan stuck himself with his draft-day decision in 2006).

Tned
07-25-2011, 11:46 PM
I may still opine every so often about Plummer, and I've been a fairly ardent supporter of Orton, but you won't see me doing that in this case. Denver needs to know if Tebow can be an NFL quarterback. McDaniels stuck Denver with him (kind of like how Shanahan stuck himself with his draft-day decision in 2006).

And even though we have Tebow and Orton on the roster, the feelings about Cutler (good and bad) are still highly emotional. Dang, even when Plummer's name comes up emotions flare.

I was just pointing out that for many fans the QB debates are highly emotional and don't end when the QBs are no longer Broncos.

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Picked up a friend from DIA late Friday. My son and I were Watching planes land from the Conoco station off of Pena Blvd waiting for the friend's plane to land. Lo and behold the Az Cardinals plane landed at DIA! Could have been refueling to get back to AZ from the east and labor talks but....

I am sorry I couldn't let this go. Did it look like this?

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Travel/ht_us_airways_cardinals_plane_ss_101203_ssh.jpg

Juriga72
07-26-2011, 06:40 AM
in the H.O.F. ?:behindsofa:

Hillbilly
Ooutlet
Factory????

Maybe playing against Jake Plummer in "The World Championship of White guy rec Handball"???

Tned
07-26-2011, 07:24 AM

RT @MikeAndMike: @AdamSchefter just told us that Kyle Orton will most likely get dealt in the next few day. Tim Tebow era is about to begin

Dzone
07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Trade Orton and bring in Delhomme or Brunell.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Trade Orton and bring in Delhomme or Brunell.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I think Miami is where Orton ends up.

However, Minnesota makes the most sense. They are build to win with a short window, and have their young QB already on the roster. The offseason is short, and they need a vet badly on the team. Orton could come in and play solid football for them without having to be relied on to win them games (although, they really have shown over the last two seasons that they DO need the QB to win them games). I don't think Minnesota is ready to hand the reigns over to their young rookie. But that could be the very reason why they don't trade for Orton. Why trade away a 3rd round pick for a one-year rental?

jhildebrand
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I am sorry I couldn't let this go. Did it look like this?

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Travel/ht_us_airways_cardinals_plane_ss_101203_ssh.jpg

That would be the one. My suspicion is if they wanted to be here and ready they would fly in to Centennial but you never know.

Slick
07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
And even though we have Tebow and Orton on the roster, the feelings about Cutler (good and bad) are still highly emotional. Dang, even when Plummer's name comes up emotions flare.

I was just pointing out that for many fans the QB debates are highly emotional and don't end when the QBs are no longer Broncos.

Only for the posters that like to argue for the sake of arguing. Most of us aren't in to debating about players who are no longer here and will never be coming back.

The day Orton gets dealt I will close the book on him as easy as i did with Cutler and Plummer.

nevcraw
07-26-2011, 12:05 PM

better take some tums.

Bugs Baloney
07-26-2011, 01:10 PM

i'm with ya on that, although it didn't stay in....it's all over my keyboard....

CoachChaz
07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Rumor has is that AZ has a deal in place with Phiily to send Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick to the Eagles in exchange for Kolb.

Might be able to take AZ off the list

slim
07-26-2011, 02:04 PM
"DRC has great ball skills and hips made of rubber"

Actual quote from a local sports talk guy.

Lonestar
07-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Where will Orton land somewhere where he is wanted.

Most of the fans will appreciate he is a good to great qb and will not BE pining for the head case that he as traded for.

Best if all he will get a new contract for the future.

Ortons is a survivor and I suspect many here will be pissed when he gets on a decent team and wins games for them.

Maybe after he is gone the jay whiners will give it a rest.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Most of the fans will appreciate he is a good to great qb and will not NE pining for the head case that he as traded for.

Ortons is a survivor and insuspect many here will be oisaed whnlen he gets on a decent team and wins games for them.

Uhmm... probably not. He'll go somewhere, but not necessarily where he is "wanted." Most NFL fans know exactly what he is, and what he isn't. He's NOT a top QB and is purely a guy that will hold the reigns until they draft someone else.

Disliking Orton's performance has NOTHING to do with past QBs, and is warranted on his OWN merits.

Its funny that you think Fox and Elway are getting rid of Orton because they are pining for the "head case that was traded."

Juriga72
07-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Wait a sec.... So now both Chicago AND Devner have stupid fans who "Don't understand qb's"..
I can't wait till Orton gets dumped.. Oh wait a sec....

From Espn.com

"Which Qb would you want signed by your team?"

Kevin Kolb- 38.6%
Donavann McNabb- 31.0%
Matt Hasselbeck- 18.1%

Kyle Orton- 12.3%.....:(

underrated29
07-26-2011, 05:07 PM

Most of the fans will appreciate he is a good to great qb and will not BE pining for the head case that he as traded for.

Ortons is a survivor and I suspect many here will be pissed when he gets on a decent team and wins games for them.

lol
quoted for awesomeness

jhildebrand
07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Kolb and Hasselbeck went first just as I said they would. McNabb may be next to Miami or MN. Several posters knew Orton wouldn't be viewed as the top option that many insisted he would be. Orton may not be movable. His insistance on not wanting to compete wont help matters either.

Ravage!!!
07-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Kolb and Hasselbeck went first just as I said they would. McNabb may be next to Miami or MN. Several posters knew Orton wouldn't be viewed as the top option that many insisted he would be. Orton may not be movable. His insistance on not wanting to compete wont help matters either.

Although I think McNabb is done as a player.. and if you watched the games last year, you could see that Shanahan was actually very RIGHT for sitting him... I think Minnesota is perfect for McNabb. He'll get respect from the players in the locker room immediately. He's a veteran leader that has been playing with him, and against him, for his entire career. He KNOWS that division, and is a good teacher/mentor to their young drafted QB.

I think its a perfect match.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm missing something. Where did Kolb go?

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
That would be the one. My suspicion is if they wanted to be here and ready they would fly in to Centennial but you never know.

Well, no. That is a branded plane that flies normal people. AirTran has a Falcons branded plane also.

BroncoStud
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM

My prediction: Orton will be traded and he will either be benched or booed by his new team's fans by Week 12.

BroncoStud
07-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Although I think McNabb is done as a player.. and if you watched the games last year, you could see that Shanahan was actually very RIGHT for sitting him... I think Minnesota is perfect for McNabb. He'll get respect from the players in the locker room immediately. He's a veteran leader that has been playing with him, and against him, for his entire career. He KNOWS that division, and is a good teacher/mentor to their young drafted QB.

He's certainly better than Tavaris Jackson...

jhildebrand
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM

I think McNabb still has a ways to go. I think he can still be very good and in MN it will be easier with a running game, a good TE, and an excellent WR.

I'm missing something. Where did Kolb go?
AZ. It is all but done. AZ gets Kolb Philly gets rodgers-cromartie and a pick.

He's certainly better than Tavaris Jackson...

Pete Caroll who knows a thing or two about players, both NFL and college, disagreed. Tavaris and Leinert both went before Orton. As of now Orton's best hope is Miami. After that, he may be lucky if Cinci decides to add a verteran presence.

chazoe60
07-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I just read that Trent Dilfer called Orton "a leader of men and a dynamic personality" :laugh:

Warren Sapp said he'd be the first QB he'd bring in if he was Arizona. :laugh:

The media is all jacked up about this guy and yet I get the feeling actual NFL execs all look at him as plan B and that's why we get no more than a 3rd for him and I think that's on the high side.

I just think it's funny how the media types like Mike & Mike, Cowherd, Dilfer and others all overrate this guy yet fans and front offices of the two teams he's played for can't get away from him fast enough. :laugh:

I just can't wait til he's gone, I got the bubbly on ice baby!

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Kolb to Arizona is all but done? That's certainly news to me, and it is to PFT too, which just reported that Arizona isn't really happy with what Philly wants...

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 06:46 PM
AZ is talking trade:

According to Kent Somers of AZCentral.com, the Arizona Cardinals and Denver Broncos have had trade discussions regarding veteran quarterback Kyle Orton. Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt declined to name any players the team was pursuing specifically, but noted to Somers that any trade is unlikely to happen today as the process is too complicated.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/7/26/2295661/report-cardinals-and-broncos-have-engaged-in-talks-for-kyle-orton

HORSEPOWER 56
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM

So Orton was the starter in Chicago, and the fans and FO wanted more. Then he became the starter in Denver and the fans and FO want more as evidenced by the fact he's back on the block. Some other team will "want him" until they have him.

How long will it take for whatever team and their fans trade for him to realize the same thing that both Chicago and Denver have? That Orton, while functional, just isn't the guy that is going to lead you to a Championship.

I give his new team and their fans 2 years before he's either back on the block or demoted to backup QB for someone else. Then, he won't be "wanted" there, either.

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 12:48 AM
I just read that Trent Dilfer called Orton "a leader of men and a dynamic personality" :laugh:

Warren Sapp said he'd be the first QB he'd bring in if he was Arizona. :laugh:

The media is all jacked up about this guy and yet I get the feeling actual NFL execs all look at him as plan B and that's why we get no more than a 3rd for him and I think that's on the high side.

I just think it's funny how the media types like Mike & Mike, Cowherd, Dilfer and others all overrate this guy yet fans and front offices of the two teams he's played for can't get away from him fast enough. :laugh:

I just can't wait til he's gone, I got the bubbly on ice baby!

I guess that's why Sapp, Dilfer, Mike & Mike, and Cowherd didn't get any job offers to be GM's this offseason. They can have Orton, I'd rather have a QB that could convert more than 31% of his 3rd downs.

jhildebrand
07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Kolb to Arizona is all but done? That's certainly news to me, and it is to PFT too, which just reported that Arizona isn't really happy with what Philly wants...

That was according to Mike Florio who was on 104.3 the fan. I guess AZ pulled the brakes on that for the time being.

AZ clearly wants Kolb over Orton. The question becomes what is their breaking point? My suspicion is Orton wont be moved via trade if Kolb lands in AZ. I just don't see a fit for him. Besides, I think a lot of teams figure there is a good chance the Broncos will simply release him if they can't trade him. How do you keep a guy who pulls a Lelie?

Ravage!!!
07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
That was according to Mike Florio who was on 104.3 the fan. I guess AZ pulled the brakes on that for the time being.

AZ clearly wants Kolb over Orton. The question becomes what is their breaking point? My suspicion is Orton wont be moved via trade if Kolb lands in AZ. I just don't see a fit for him. Besides, I think a lot of teams figure there is a good chance the Broncos will simply release him if they can't trade him. How do you keep a guy who pulls a Lelie?

Goin' to Miami.... Goin' to Miami

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM

Lets re-cap so far....

Titans- Hasselbeck over Orton
Seattle- T-Jackson and Lienart over Orton
Minnesota- Mcnabb over Orton
Buffalo-Tyler Thigpen over Orton
Miami??? Looks like Young over Orton....

As expected, the Titans have informed QB Vince Young that he'll be released. The Dolphins have become the prohibitive favorite to sign him, but we wouldn't count out the Eagles or Raiders either.

wow..... thats alot of Qb signings...:tsk:

Ok.. just saw the Miami talking with Orton.... Please dear god.... take Kyle over Vince....... be THAT stupid...please

Davii
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Lets re-cap so far....

Titans- Hasselbeck over Orton
Seattle- T-Jackson and Lienart over Orton
Minnesota- Mcnabb over Orton
Buffalo-Tyler Thigpen over Orton
Miami??? Looks like Young over Orton....

As expected, the Titans have informed QB Vince Young that he'll be released. The Dolphins have become the prohibitive favorite to sign him, but we wouldn't count out the Eagles or Raiders either.

wow..... thats alot of Qb signings...:tsk:

Ok.. just saw the Miami talking with Orton.... Please dear god.... take Kyle over Vince....... be THAT stupid...please

I don't know if that's stupid. Personally I've probably take Kyle over Vince anyday.

jhildebrand
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Goin' to Miami.... Goin' to Miami

Let's hope they pull the trigger and get the deal done. Denver might be able to sell the connection with Marshall for added incentive.

The longer this drags on the more I think Orton wont get traded.

MileHighCrew
07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't know if that's stupid. Personally I've probably take Kyle over Vince anyday.

If I had to choose between giving Orton or Vince Young a contract, I might go with what I have a draft a new one next year.

MileHighCrew
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
On rotoworld right now the Broncos and Miami trade could go down in the next six hours.
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3214/kyle-orton

BroncoStud
07-27-2011, 12:40 PM
On rotoworld right now the Broncos and Miami trade could go down in the next six hours.
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3214/kyle-orton

Feels like Christmas in July!

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Vic Lomabrdi just said "Kyle Orton MIGHT go for a 4th round pick to Miami".... (ESPN Radio here)

wow......

underrated29
07-27-2011, 01:08 PM
somehwere, which is probably not true, it was stated that its a 3rd and phil merling for Orton..

I would myself happen to LOVE that trade.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
somehwere, which is probably not true, it was stated that its a 3rd and phil merling for Orton..

I would myself happen to LOVE that trade.

that sounds better than just a 4th...

underrated29
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
that sounds better than just a 4th...

I know, to good to be true me thinks.

DenBronx
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Orton would fit best in Miami. He would be paired back up with Marshall and they already have a good run game there.

I'm thinking a 3rd.

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Orton would fit best in Miami. He would be paired back up with Marshall and they already have a good run game there.

I'm thinking a 3rd.

I would JUMP for joy if we got a 3rd for him....

STILL I would love a D-line straight up for him....

Stargazer
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Just ship ORTON out of town please, for anything...

Watchthemiddle
07-27-2011, 02:18 PM
@ClaytonESPN With Jake Delhomme being cut, chances of a Kyle Orton to Miami trade increase.

DenBronx
07-27-2011, 02:23 PM
@ClaytonESPN With Jake Delhomme being cut, chances of a Kyle Orton to Miami trade increase.

Looks like Delhomme will be our backup and not Quinn. Good news for Tebow because then he would actually have someone working with him who actually cared about his success.

Lonestar
07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
So Orton was the starter in Chicago, and the fans and FO wanted more. Then he became the starter in Denver and the fans and FO want more as evidenced by the fact he's back on the block. Some other team will "want him" until they have him.

How long will it take for whatever team and their fans trade for him to realize the same thing that both Chicago and Denver have? That Orton, while functional, just isn't the guy that is going to lead you to a Championship.

I give his new team and their fans 2 years before he's either back on the block or demoted to backup QB for someone else. Then, he won't be "wanted" there, either.

DO you really think Josh would have traded for Quinn and drafed Tebow if Orton would have had his 10 season in 09?

surely you jest..

Everyone outside of DEN and CHI for that matter realize just how low (crappy) those two teams are and that QB was the absolute least of their problems..

But then believe what you wish and crap in the other and see which one fills up first..

Juriga72
07-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Orton making all those Pro Bowls...... With all those Playoff wins.. man We should get like 2- 1st round picks for him...

oh wait

nevcraw
07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I would JUMP for joy if we got a 3rd for him....

STILL I would love a D-line straight up for him....

quality D lineman yes.. just any -- not so much..

Watchthemiddle
07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Orton will be re-united with Baby TO

I bet he says in his contract .."don't draft a FL QB out of college, and PLEASE trade Baby TO"

Traveler
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
ESPN Rumor...

UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post names Phillp Merling and Randy Starks as potential bargaining chips in a trade.
---
UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post suggests that if Kyle Orton is traded to the Miami Dolphins, the Denver Broncos may get a player or two in return instead of a draft pick. Volin points out that Denver needs defensive linemen, and the Dolphins are stacked at that position.

One monkeywrench in that plan: The Dolphins run a 3-4, and the Broncos are looking to transition to a 4-3.

slim
07-27-2011, 02:46 PM
ESPN Rumor...

UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post names Phillp Merling and Randy Starks as potential bargaining chips in a trade.
---
UPDATE: Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post suggests that if Kyle Orton is traded to the Miami Dolphins, the Denver Broncos may get a player or two in return instead of a draft pick. Volin points out that Denver needs defensive linemen, and the Dolphins are stacked at that position.

One monkeywrench in that plan: The Dolphins run a 3-4, and the Broncos are looking to transition to a 4-3.

I hope this isn't true.