PDA

View Full Version : Up next...Atlanta

broncofaninfla
11-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Denver is going to have to play it’s best game of the season to have any chance of beating Atlanta. I’d say this is the best offense we have faced all season long. That offense is capable of scoring a TD against us every time they have the ball. With Ryan and Turner, they have the options of picking their poison, this could very well be our most embarrassing game of the season if we don’t slow these guys down. The only way we even stay in this one is to get 2-3 turnovers against them and score after each turnover. Slowick will have to implement an aggressive and disruptive scheme to pull that off. Hopefully he can and will and hopefully our young guys step up and make some plays. I honestly don’t know if we have the talent to beat Atlanta but feel we have a sluggers chance against them should they turn the ball over and fail to execute plays on offense. On offense we’ll have to continue playing like we did in the fourth quarter against Cleveland and play all four quarters that way against Atlanta. No turnovers, not even one or we lose this game. Trouble is the birds have a very good pass rush. Clady is going to have his hands full against Abraham, we might very well end up double teaming him to limit his impact on the game. With the need for additional pass protection and the fact they are going to ask him to run the ball, Hillis is going to have a lot of pressure on him to perform in this game, but I still like his chances. Atlanta’s DB’s play aggressive because they have such an effective pass rush. That could work to our advantage or be the key to our demise. Cutler is going to have to keep his head and not force any passes and our WR’s will have to get open to give him some targets. No way this is a low scoring game, expect a lot of points in this one. :salute:

MOtorboat
11-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I’d say this is the best offense we have faced all season long.

I think that's a bit of a stretch, but this is definitely going to be a tough game. In Atlanta, early start, tough run game...all the things we struggle against.

Fan in Exile
11-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I think having Champ back for this game will really help us because there is a drop off with the Atlanta receivers after Roddy White.

Our best bet is the same as it's been for a while to score quickly and force them out of the running game and get Champ to lock down their number 1 WR.

CoachChaz
11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Roddy White isnt my concern this week.

claymore
11-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Roddy White isnt my concern this week.

Do you think I should pick up Matt Ryan or Michael Turner in My salary cap fantasy league this week Coach? :laugh:

CoachChaz
11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Do you think I should pick up Matt Ryan or Michael Turner in My salary cap fantasy league this week Coach? :laugh:

Turner will get close to 150 with 2 TD's

LRtagger
11-10-2008, 11:05 AM
both are locks to give you tons of points

Italianmobstr7
11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm going to laugh if all these people are saying the Falcons will have a huge day, and then our D shows up and actually looks like an NFL defense this week. If Champ plays, he'll play his best all season. The reason he wants to play this game is because his family will be there. I'm sure Champ will have our team wanting to play their best. Hopefully our D shows up and we can hold them under 20 points. I think our O can score more than that.

BroncoJoe
11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I think Turner is going to have a field day.

I hope he doesn't though.

Rex
11-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm going to laugh if all these people are saying the Falcons will have a huge day, and then our D shows up and actually looks like an NFL defense this week. If Champ plays, he'll play his best all season. The reason he wants to play this game is because his family will be there. I'm sure Champ will have our team wanting to play their best. Hopefully our D shows up and we can hold them under 20 points. I think our O can score more than that.

Do you huff spray paint out of a coffee can?

BeefStew25
11-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I think if we try really hard, we will do good.

Signed,

BG7

CoachChaz
11-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I think if we try really hard, we will do good...as long as we dont smoke.

Signed,

BG7

Edited

Rex
11-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I think if we try really hard, we will do good.

Signed,

BG7

P.S. I am glad Hamza Abdullah is gone.

CoachChaz
11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
P.P.S. Coach killed my Dad

BeefStew25
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
P.S. I am glad Hamza Abdullah is gone.

pssss: Please be kind, rewind.

Rex
11-10-2008, 01:20 PM
pssss: Please be kind, rewind.

psssss: You are stupid and not progressive. By rewinding, you eliminate jobs in America by using foreign made rewinders.

roomemp
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
The Broncos have been up and down all season. I just hope to see fight from them either way. I can't stand when they just lay over and die for a team.

BeefStew25
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
psssss: You are stupid and not progressive. By rewinding, you eliminate jobs in America by using foreign made rewinders.

pssssss: I think community organizers are great people and do good things and on January 20th, the sun will shine a little brighter now that slavery is finally over.

Rex
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
pssssss: I think community organizers are great people and do good things and on January 20th, the sun will shine a little brighter now that slavery is finally over.

psssssss: I love bright and progressive people like Holy Diver.

Day1BroncoFan
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I hope the second half on Thursday is a sign of things to come. We will have to score 40+ points to win, unless a miracle happens and our D actually figures out a way to stop the run.

BeefStew25
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
psssssss: I love bright and progressive people like Holy Diver.

psssssssss: Where is this discharge coming from?

broncofaninfla
11-10-2008, 02:01 PM

I would LOVE for you to be right, it would be HUGE for our Defense to step up against the birds like that.

DenBronx
11-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I think Turner is going to have a field day.

I hope he doesn't though.

If Turner doesn't then look for Norwood to have one. Either way I think we're really screwed. That is why it was so vital to beat the Fins, KC or Pats. Now we're only 1 game ahead of the Dolts. This game might get ugly really fast.

Don't forget, Matt Ryan is no joke and neither is Roddy White.

broncofaninfla
11-10-2008, 02:14 PM
If Turner doesn't then look for Norwood to have one. Either way I think we're really screwed. That is why it was so vital to beat the Fins, KC or Pats. Now we're only 1 game ahead of the Dolts. This game might get ugly really fast.

Don't forget, Matt Ryan is no joke and neither is Roddy White.

Yeah, I've watched Atlanta a lot this year. They are as good as any offense we have faced. I'd love to see our D step up but it would truly require an effort they haven't been able to put out all season long. Besides the tools on offense and the pressure they put on QB's I'm also nervous about this being an early game in a dome. We seem to get our butts handed to us during early dome games.

jrelway
11-10-2008, 02:50 PM
if we dont score at least 35, we're doomed.

NightTrainLayne
11-10-2008, 04:50 PM
This game is one of the toughest we have left on the schedule. . .heck looks like all but two of the games left will be tough ones.

If we want to do better than 3-4 (end the season 8-8) in the last seven games, then this is a game we better win. I hope the extra few days of rest and preparation pay off.

Medford Bronco
11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
This game scares the hell out of me.

I feel that MT could get 175 on us and
Matt Ryan is mature beyond his years.

to win this game we must score 30 or we
have no chance

Skinny
11-10-2008, 07:01 PM
It will probably be a shoot-out and come down to who ever has the ball last. The offense needs to be on like popcorn because Turner and White are going to give our defense fits.

Nomad
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
I think that's a bit of a stretch, but this is definitely going to be a tough game. In Atlanta, early start, tough run game...all the things we struggle against.

I believe the BRONCOS lose this game because the reasons you state. I've never understood why the BRONCOS don't have any fire for the early games!

ikillz0mbies
11-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I was looking at the rest of the teams the Broncos play this year during my Econ class and the rest of the schedule doesn't look any easier aside from the Chiefs and the Raiders. Atlanta will be a tough team to beat. Turner will probably burn this defense and Matt Ryan..well he isn't playing like a rookie, more like a seasoned vet IMO. Plus it is in Atlanta. And there defense isn't anything to scoff at either. If the Broncos can't generate a pass rush at all or throw in any kind of blitz packages, Matt Ryan-to-Roddy White will have a field day. It's pretty much known this season that White to Ryan is the equivalent to Marshall to Cutler. If the Broncos offense can drive the ball down the Falcons throat, they have a strong chance at winning. To be honest, I don't think the Broncos will win this one.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Lets see west coast teams have yet to win an early east coast game this year.

Does anyone really think we will be the first?

Our D has sucked donkey balls all season against the run..

Our DL has sucked donkey balls all season against the pass rush..

Our DC has sucked donkey balls all season against anyone with a heartbeat.

Out Offense has shown up at times and defeated themselves on many an occasion..

So far we beat the raiders convincingly and had one really great offensive quarter against CLE on Thursday..

I originally thought this was a slam dunk win.. I have changed my mind..

Unless the D shows up and stops the running game AHAHAHAHA
Unless the offense shows up all game and there are no turn overs AHAHAHAHA
Unless slowick figures out a scheme..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unless we beat all the odds of playing an early east coast game in a dome..
this is a slam dunk loss.

if you have any ATL players on your FF team this is the week to play them..

CrazyHorse
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Superbowl rematch with the same results.

Buff
11-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Matt Ryan's been playing ridiculously well. Roddy White is a legit #1, and Michael Jenkins has been producing big plays with his speed... Michael Turner gets better in the 2nd half, and then when he wears you down they'll hit you with Norwood who can also get behind you in a hurry.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Champ coming back at less than 100% with 2 WR's who can beat us deep... And I could see Turner/Norwood putting up 200 total yards unless we find a way to stop the run early and get a lead.

It's gonna be another game where we have to outscore them to win. That's gonna be tough with a practice squad back.

Lonestar
11-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Matt Ryan's been playing ridiculously well. Roddy White is a legit #1, and Michael Jenkins has been producing big plays with his speed... Michael Turner gets better in the 2nd half, and then when he wears you down they'll hit you with Norwood who can also get behind you in a hurry.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Champ coming back at less than 100% with 2 WR's who can beat us deep... And I could see Turner/Norwood putting up 200 total yards unless we find a way to stop the run early and get a lead.

It's gonna be another game where we have to outscore them to win. That's gonna be tough with a practice squad back.

I was thinking just the same thing even though this is s "home" game for him Unless he is completely healed I say let him entertain from the sideline..

broncofaninfla
11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
With the obvious issues at RB right now, I'm guessing the Falcons are prepping for a heavy dose of Cutler and the passing game. This would be a perfect opportunity for us to catch them with their pants down and shove the running game straight down their throats. I don't know if we have the personal or the experience to pull it off right now but if we were able to come out and run the ball down successfully, slow the pace of the game down some with some slow ball controlling drives that keeps our defense on the sidelines, I say we would have a chance against them. No doubt about it, the Falcons are going to score and score often against us. We'll have to win the time of possession battle and keep our defense fresh so that when they do go in, they can be at the top of their game (limited I know) and hopefully some how get a couple of turnovers. I’ll honestly be surprised if we do beat the Falcons, it would take a lot of things coming together for us to pull it off BUT it can be done. This could be a real turning point for the Broncos if they could pull off an upset in Atlanta.

Day1BroncoFan
11-12-2008, 11:11 AM
We could feed Tater to their D line. :D

Traveler
11-12-2008, 01:24 PM
ATL is undefeated at home this season and the defense looked pretty good against NO last week. Made stops when they had to. Returned an interception 95 yards for TD.

Tough game to predict, but I'll say the odds aren't in our favor. Determining factor being the home game for ATL and 1:00 start.

smith49
11-12-2008, 01:24 PM
all i have to say is WE ARE SCREWED! im allready hiding in a dark corner.

Day1BroncoFan
11-12-2008, 02:00 PM
My expectations aren't too high but my hopes are up. :coffee:

MOtorboat
11-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Lets see west coast teams have yet to win an early east coast game this year.

Does anyone really think we will be the first?

Our D has sucked donkey balls all season against the run..

Our DL has sucked donkey balls all season against the pass rush..

Our DC has sucked donkey balls all season against anyone with a heartbeat.

Out Offense has shown up at times and defeated themselves on many an occasion..

So far we beat the raiders convincingly and had one really great offensive quarter against CLE on Thursday..

I originally thought this was a slam dunk win.. I have changed my mind..

Unless the D shows up and stops the running game AHAHAHAHA
Unless the offense shows up all game and there are no turn overs AHAHAHAHA
Unless slowick figures out a scheme..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unless we beat all the odds of playing an early east coast game in a dome..
this is a slam dunk loss.

if you have any ATL players on your FF team this is the week to play them..

Not that I really disagree with you on this game, but do you get more pleasure when A.) the Broncos win, or B.) the Broncos lose?

Lonestar
11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Not that I really disagree with you on this game, but do you get more pleasure when A.) the Broncos win, or B.) the Broncos lose?

When they win and frankly that has not been very often lately..

I enjoy it even more when they win convincingly and that has been VERY FEW and FAR between.. especially when playing good teams.. OAK does not count this year..

I hate to get huge lead and then squeak by.. show a lack of killer instinct or character....

Cutler6MVP
11-13-2008, 08:47 AM

Why do you never have anything negative to say about our football team? There is plenty of crap on this team that is p*ss poor and deserves to be made fun of. You need to take the orange tinted glasses off my friend. I love the Broncos as much as you do but anytime anything negative is said about this team, you go off on some sort of rant on how were not that bad etc etc.

Face it, we have no defense and an offense that only steam rolls when our QB doesnt play like Jake Plummer trying to throw a football with his left hand.

omac
11-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Early in the season, we had enough healthy RBs to complement our passing offense. Now with the injuries, the opposing defenses will focus on stopping the pass and will set traps. As long as we're forced to pass more frequently because of ineffective rushing, more INTs and INCs will occur. And since our offense will be pressured to put up points, Jay will force plays as opposed to throwing the ball away, because we don't have the luxury of a solid rushing attack, nor a solid defense to depend on.

There's a fine line between playing mistake free ball, and taking risks to make plays happen. A lot of Jay's passes for 1st downs the previous game were pretty risky (lobbing the ball in between short and long coverage in the middle of the field), but had he opted to throw those away, they wouldn't be moving the chains. They'd easily be 3 and outs, since our rushing offense can't be relied on for 4 (or sometimes even 3) solid yards a play. With the type of passes Jay had to throw the last game, and what he trusts his receivers to do, the game could've gotten ugly real fast. Without a solid rushing attack and without confidence in the defense, the passing offense is walking on a tightrope. That's not an easy thing to do.

Contrast that with the Browns and what they required Quinn to do. He only needed to make most of his underneath passes, and mostly as a complement to their rushing attack.

Matt Ryan is pretty similar to Brady Quinn in that they both play poised and try to keep their mistakes down. They both (Ryan in particular) have great rushing attacks to rely on that defenses must respect, so they aren't forced into doing too much every game. With the state of our rushing offense and our defense, Jay & co. don't have the luxury of playing mistake-free ball; they have to score almost every possession, and primarily through the air (very high risk). Incidentally, and only because of the Plummer comments ... Plummer played his best when they didn't rely on him to throw the ball (24(?) rushing TDs and one of the best rushing defenses in the league).

The Broncos have to force Matt Ryan to beat them; if Turner has his way, the Broncos don't stand a chance. With the current state of our defense and our rushing offense, I'm just glad we have a QB that has the arm to make the throws, the brain to understand defenses, and the balls to take risks even after he's been burned. :cheers:

tomjonesrocks
11-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I think Atlanta's scored 3 times already.
Seriously don't think I'm going to even bother tuning in.

sacmar
11-14-2008, 05:40 PM
We will win this $%#^#%'in game....i don't have any clue as how but we will. C'mon with the year we're having it's highly likely that we beat the falcons and then loose to the raiders....either way $%%# that i'm watching win or loose as long as i have a bowl and enough beer i can ride through anything. Chiefs fans do...

Lonestar
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I remember the relish of the thread saying we have become a pass first team..

While we have relied on the pass it is obvious that the defenses have taken away the run, and are now forcing jay to beat them.. Knowing that he locks on his primary and we have a problem with ball security or in some cases NO even catching the ball..

If ATL does in fact WIN the TOP battle and their RB's do what I think they will Jay has to have an error free game to win this battle..

Day1BroncoFan
11-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Score 40 or more points.
Give up no TO's.
Stop their offense at least once in both halfs.
Keep their ST from scoring.

Maybe we win.

Greatspirits
11-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Has anyone heard who's starting an RB? I'm kinda looking forward to the all Vanilla backfield of Hillis and Larsen. Atlanta has struggled at times against the run, Hillis has great hands and could surprise!

nevcraw
11-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Why do you never have anything negative to say about our football team? There is plenty of crap on this team that is p*ss poor and deserves to be made fun of. You need to take the orange tinted glasses off my friend. I love the Broncos as much as you do but anytime anything negative is said about this team, you go off on some sort of rant on how were not that bad etc etc.

Face it, we have no defense and an offense that only steam rolls when our QB doesnt play like Jake Plummer trying to throw a football with his left hand.

This has to be the most asbsurd post in the history of posts.. Getting on a guy for not being negative. :lol:
maybe not everyone wants or feels the need to be doom and gloom. For some being a fan is a positive experience, win or lose. For other's clearly not. Don't knock someone for not sharing your bleak outlook.

I for one am looking forward to a great game out of Hillis, Marshall, Cutler, eddie, and Clady. I look for some good moments and some rookie errors from the young D. Should be a great game. Here's to hoping the broncos can be the first team this year from the west to win an early game!!!!!!

omac
11-14-2008, 09:32 PM
This has to be the most asbsurd post in the history of posts.. Getting on a guy for not being negative. :lol:
maybe not everyone wants or feels the need to be doom and gloom. For some being a fan is a positive experience, win or lose. For other's clearly not. Don't knock someone for not sharing your bleak outlook.

I for one am looking forward to a great game out of Hillis, Marshall, Cutler, eddie, and Clady. I look for some good moments and some rookie errors from the young D. Should be a great game. Here's to hoping the broncos can be the first team this year from the west to win an early game!!!!!!

Great points! :salute:

Like you, I'm more of an optimistic fan; I don't focus on why the Broncos should lose. I try to see if there are ways where they can pull out the win, and I look forward to the game, and hope it turns out the way I saw it.

Some are more pessimistic. They look for reasons why the Broncos should lose. A few even seem to gloat when the Broncos lose, or when Bronco players aren't playing well. They believe they're being objective.

Very few posters in this Bronco board, or the others, are truly objective. I know I'm not one of them. :D

omac
11-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Has anyone heard who's starting an RB? I'm kinda looking forward to the all Vanilla backfield of Hillis and Larsen. Atlanta has struggled at times against the run, Hillis has great hands and could surprise!

I'm thinking Tatum Bell would be our most experienced RB in our system. He has had practically two 1,000 yard rushing seasons with us. I'm thinking Tatum will be the #1 back, and Hillis will be used as the 3rd down and goal-line options, aside from his regular FB position.

I wanna see what Larsen can do on defense.

omac
11-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I remember the relish of the thread saying we have become a pass first team..

While we have relied on the pass it is obvious that the defenses have taken away the run, and are now forcing jay to beat them.. Knowing that he locks on his primary and we have a problem with ball security or in some cases NO even catching the ball..

If ATL does in fact WIN the TOP battle and their RB's do what I think they will Jay has to have an error free game to win this battle..

An error free game means throwing the ball away more often than trying to make plays (see no-mistake-Jake, circa 2005). You have that luxury if you have a solid rushing offense and a solid rushing defense. We were able to do that against Tampa when our defense showed up; most of those players are injured now, though.

Playing mistake free in an offense without much of a running game, and trying to catch up points when your defense gives them away just doesn't mix. Mistake free usually equals low scoring. Now playing mistake free passing without a rushing offense means no scoring. You have to take risks.

Greatspirits
11-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking Tatum Bell would be our most experienced RB in our system. He has had practically two 1,000 yard rushing seasons with us. I'm thinking Tatum will be the #1 back, and Hillis will be used as the 3rd down and goal-line options, aside from his regular FB position.

I wanna see what Larsen can do on defense.

The only thing I worry about Tater is he was fumble prone the last time he was here, we've already had enough turnovers this season!

Dr Velcro
11-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Atlanta will power run Denver if they can. They know we have a weak front. They will come out strong, so then must the Broncos in the same fashion.

Look for a mini version of the Colts' offense with Atlanta. Matt Ryan has a big brain. I see some truth in the comparisons between him and Manning. I spotted some "no huddle" action while watching highlights of the Saints game and it looked all too familiar. It may be too soon to tell, but it's there.

Let's hope that Tatum makes good for 2006 & Jay finds some "sweets spots". Work the clock, run the ball & keep the defense off the field.

We need the pass rush to show up for this one, as it's about the best defensive hope we have.

BTW- you guys need a middle line backer, run support safety & space eating tackle.

Cutler6MVP
11-15-2008, 02:04 AM

What does this have to do with anything? Maybe you shouldn't comment when you have no clue whats going on. Anyone that pays any attention around here and apparently you are not one of them knows he rides broncos nuts worse than any fan I know. That's called being ignorant, as you are being right now. If you asked him right now he would easily place us in the superbowl. He sees no flaws with this team, in his eyes its the most perfect team the broncos have ever had.

I LOVE the Broncos as much as anyone around here and will defend them when they deserve to be defended. There is a SERIOUS problem with our defense and its only getting WORSE and if you don't see that you're even more ignorant than he is. Anyone with half a brain would know this team has some serious problems, especially on defense!

I am happy we have such passionate Bronco fans on this board, but what hes doing is being a bad fan, and if you are condoning this as well, then I am also calling you a BAD fan. It takes knowing more than just names, stats and posting on a message board to be a good fan. Being able to admit bad things about your team when there are clearly things that need to be fixed makes you an even better and credible fan. Ignoring them and thinking everything is ok is clearly not the way a REAL fan would go about this.

Stop being ignorant and reply to post that pertain to you, I am clearly not the first one to get on him about this, go read through all the posts.

Cutler6MVP
11-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Great points! :salute:

Like you, I'm more of an optimistic fan; I don't focus on why the Broncos should lose. I try to see if there are ways where they can pull out the win, and I look forward to the game, and hope it turns out the way I saw it.

Some are more pessimistic. They look for reasons why the Broncos should lose. A few even seem to gloat when the Broncos lose, or when Bronco players aren't playing well. They believe they're being objective.

Very few posters in this Bronco board, or the others, are truly objective. I know I'm not one of them. :D

Maybe you should go back and READ my post, I'm not focusing on "why the broncos should lose" im focusing on what Denver NEEDS to fix before they can become a serious competitor. This defense needs to be completely revamped.

Holy smokes applaud the freaking kid for thinking our team is invincible clearly it is far from. We were freaking manhandled by the Chiefs because we couldn't stop the run, and we still CANT stop the run. I want the Broncos to win as much as anyone else, but our defense will not be winning us any games this year and if you dont see that you have some serious problems.

I'm seeing clearly, and I watch all games and see what we are capable of, our offense is one of the best and most talented in the league. The only way we can win is if we put up near 30 points or higher every game because our defense looks like a high school football team.

The argument here is me asking him why, when there is negative things to say about this team (the defense) and Cutler when he makes bonehead mistakes. After Cutlers 3 pick game against Miami I started a Cutler thread and I think its still running as we speak. He was the only one to say that Cutler didn't really play poor that game when he was god awful. Granted we have a lot to be excited about with this kid but he was HORRIBLE that game and he couldn't even admit that he was horrible. How are we not suppose to get on him for these things? When there's major holes that need to be addressed you have to address him, our defense is so bad that Stevie Wonder would be able to see it. I love his "Bronco Enthusiasm" but at the same time hes sadly making himself look like a non credible know nothing football fan.

I understand your point as to most people are not truly objective and neither am I but things as obvious as this need to be pointed out, addressed and discussed as followed. I wish we could wake up this Sunday and see a much improved defense but that just wont happen, it stems deeper than its just scheme problem. Its more of its a talent problem, not to mention all our talent is hurt on our defense. Clearly if you are a true fan of your team, you will never admit everything bad about your team, but stuff like this makes us as broncos fans looks stupid and make this board look bad. We come here to discuss as fans of our team and for the most part we do a VERY good job doing this. I'm sure we all want to be known on this site and the best broncos discussion site and for that matter the best place to talk football. When others come along we dont want them saying jesus what kind of fans are these people, the Broncos are 5-4 and these idiots are talking like they have no problems to address.

Hawgdriver
11-15-2008, 03:14 AM
This will be a good test of Slowik's bend-and-break philosophy.

I hope the guests on the team put on their hard hat for this one or else it will be an embarrassment.

omac
11-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Maybe you should go back and READ my post, I'm not focusing on "why the broncos should lose" im focusing on what Denver NEEDS to fix before they can become a serious competitor. This defense needs to be completely revamped.

Holy smokes applaud the freaking kid for thinking our team is invincible clearly it is far from. We were freaking manhandled by the Chiefs because we couldn't stop the run, and we still CANT stop the run. I want the Broncos to win as much as anyone else, but our defense will not be winning us any games this year and if you dont see that you have some serious problems.

I'm seeing clearly, and I watch all games and see what we are capable of, our offense is one of the best and most talented in the league. The only way we can win is if we put up near 30 points or higher every game because our defense looks like a high school football team.

The argument here is me asking him why, when there is negative things to say about this team (the defense) and Cutler when he makes bonehead mistakes. After Cutlers 3 pick game against Miami I started a Cutler thread and I think its still running as we speak. He was the only one to say that Cutler didn't really play poor that game when he was god awful. Granted we have a lot to be excited about with this kid but he was HORRIBLE that game and he couldn't even admit that he was horrible. How are we not suppose to get on him for these things? When there's major holes that need to be addressed you have to address him, our defense is so bad that Stevie Wonder would be able to see it. I love his "Bronco Enthusiasm" but at the same time hes sadly making himself look like a non credible know nothing football fan.

I understand your point as to most people are not truly objective and neither am I but things as obvious as this need to be pointed out, addressed and discussed as followed. I wish we could wake up this Sunday and see a much improved defense but that just wont happen, it stems deeper than its just scheme problem. Its more of its a talent problem, not to mention all our talent is hurt on our defense. Clearly if you are a true fan of your team, you will never admit everything bad about your team, but stuff like this makes us as broncos fans looks stupid and make this board look bad. We come here to discuss as fans of our team and for the most part we do a VERY good job doing this. I'm sure we all want to be known on this site and the best broncos discussion site and for that matter the best place to talk football. When others come along we dont want them saying jesus what kind of fans are these people, the Broncos are 5-4 and these idiots are talking like they have no problems to address.

I was agreeing with the statement of nevcraw that some posters like to focus on the positive and try to expect a positive outcome, and I added that some posters like to focus on the negative and expect a negative outcome, and very few posters will be completely objective. I did not agree with the poster to whom you were debating with about Cutler not having a bad game.

It's true that our defense has been pretty bad, but they did have a few good moments; they did have one very solid outing against Tampa. In a few games, although they did allow a lot of points, they did make key stops when they needed to. It will be difficult for the defense to play better with all the injuries to our former starters, but that doesn't mean they absolutely can't. Before the Tampa Bay game, people were saying Graham would absolutely demolish us, in the same way they're saying Turner will kill us, in the same way last season that they were saying AD and the Vikings would do the same.

Though saying Cutler had a great game with the 3 INTs is definitely wrong (he did have a bad game; happens to even the best ... Brees, Favre, Peyton, etc.), he did not have a rushing offense that he could rely on. When an offense is forced to pass more often because of that, TOs will happen, as the defense will set traps. Also, the offense has to decide what is the fine line between playing mistake free ball (which also means throwing the ball away), or forcing a play trying to make things happen. With the state of our rushing offense and our defense, also greatly affected by injuries, 3 and outs aren't much of an option when the opponent scores on almost every possession. Cutler had a great game against Cleveland, but he had to take a ton of risks, and he had to rely on his receivers to make the plays happen. It could've easily gone south pretty fast.

That's how I see it, but everyone has their own opinions. Like I said, I agree with nevcraw that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and if a poster wants to be extremely positive about it, it's not any worse than another poster being extremely negative about it.

You decide what poster you are. My post wasn't even directed at you. :beer:

Cutler6MVP
11-15-2008, 08:54 AM
I was agreeing with the statement of nevcraw that some posters like to focus on the positive and try to expect a positive outcome, and I added that some posters like to focus on the negative and expect a negative outcome, and very few posters will be completely objective. I did not agree with the poster to whom you were debating with about Cutler not having a bad game.

It's true that our defense has been pretty bad, but they did have a few good moments; they did have one very solid outing against Tampa. In a few games, although they did allow a lot of points, they did make key stops when they needed to. It will be difficult for the defense to play better with all the injuries to our former starters, but that doesn't mean they absolutely can't. Before the Tampa Bay game, people were saying Graham would absolutely demolish us, in the same way they're saying Turner will kill us, in the same way last season that they were saying AD and the Vikings would do the same.

Though saying Cutler had a great game with the 3 INTs is definitely wrong (he did have a bad game; happens to even the best ... Brees, Favre, Peyton, etc.), he did not have a rushing offense that he could rely on. When an offense is forced to pass more often because of that, TOs will happen, as the defense will set traps. Also, the offense has to decide what is the fine line between playing mistake free ball (which also means throwing the ball away), or forcing a play trying to make things happen. With the state of our rushing offense and our defense, also greatly affected by injuries, 3 and outs aren't much of an option when the opponent scores on almost every possession. Cutler had a great game against Cleveland, but he had to take a ton of risks, and he had to rely on his receivers to make the plays happen. It could've easily gone south pretty fast.

That's how I see it, but everyone has their own opinions. Like I said, I agree with nevcraw that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and if a poster wants to be extremely positive about it, it's not any worse than another poster being extremely negative about it.

You decide what poster you are. My post wasn't even directed at you. :beer:

His great game could of easily been a horrible game. The CB simply dropped two interceptions. But my favoritism for the broncos keeps me from believing it would have been a horrible game.

nevcraw
11-15-2008, 12:48 PM
What does this have to do with anything? Maybe you shouldn't comment when you have no clue whats going on. Anyone that pays any attention around here and apparently you are not one of them knows he rides broncos nuts worse than any fan I know. That's called being ignorant, as you are being right now. If you asked him right now he would easily place us in the superbowl. He sees no flaws with this team, in his eyes its the most perfect team the broncos have ever had.

I LOVE the Broncos as much as anyone around here and will defend them when they deserve to be defended. There is a SERIOUS problem with our defense and its only getting WORSE and if you don't see that you're even more ignorant than he is. Anyone with half a brain would know this team has some serious problems, especially on defense!

I am happy we have such passionate Bronco fans on this board, but what hes doing is being a bad fan, and if you are condoning this as well, then I am also calling you a BAD fan. It takes knowing more than just names, stats and posting on a message board to be a good fan. Being able to admit bad things about your team when there are clearly things that need to be fixed makes you an even better and credible fan. Ignoring them and thinking everything is ok is clearly not the way a REAL fan would go about this.

Stop being ignorant and reply to post that pertain to you, I am clearly not the first one to get on him about this, go read through all the posts.

Wow...
you may need to seek some help for your condition.. Try some meds.

I am not sure his or anyone's infractions require the fan police, officer.
you clealry find it neccesary to tell others how to be a fan and I think that speaks volumes about you.
Everyone should be able to to openly "be a fan" without judgment on how they do it.
As I said some focus on the positive and other's clearly not, but it is not up to you tell us how we root for our team..
Now I am done with this..
Back to ATL

Italianmobstr7
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Score 40 or more points.
Give up no TO's.
Stop their offense at least once in both halfs.
Keep their ST from scoring.

Maybe we win.

It's not going to take all of those things to happen for us to win. I swear, some people overreact so much it's ridiculous.

They're not going to score on every drive. We probably won't score more than 40 points, and we probably won't have to. And we'll probably turn the ball over at least once. Most NFL teams do. I bet we still win too.

tubby
11-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Look for the Bulldozer to run wild.

:salute:

Day1BroncoFan
11-15-2008, 01:04 PM
It's not going to take all of those things to happen for us to win. I swear, some people overreact so much it's ridiculous.

They're not going to score on every drive. We probably won't score more than 40 points, and we probably won't have to. And we'll probably turn the ball over at least once. Most NFL teams do. I bet we still win too.

I hope you're right but it would be nice if we could do all that. :D

Cutler6MVP
11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow...
you may need to seek some help for your condition.. Try some meds.

I am not sure his or anyone's infractions require the fan police, officer.
you clealry find it neccesary to tell others how to be a fan and I think that speaks volumes about you.
Everyone should be able to to openly "be a fan" without judgment on how they do it.
As I said some focus on the positive and other's clearly not, but it is not up to you tell us how we root for our team..
Now I am done with this..
Back to ATL

Credible fans have opinions, things that are clear, life our p*ss poor defense are grounds to have sh*t talked about it. Saying stupid stuff like he has, when my mother who doesnt even watch football happens to watch a football game and say Mike your teams defense is really bad.

Cutler6MVP
11-15-2008, 05:18 PM

We almost give up points on every drive, it will take atleast 27-30 to win this game barring some sort of miracle.

I do agree with you on one point though, I feel we will win in a high scoring affair with another Cutler 4th quarter 2 minute drive.

omac
11-16-2008, 05:40 PM

Very nice call! :salute:

I missed the game, but unfortunately saw a spoiler while watching the SD x Pittsburgh game. :ack:

I guess the defense did step up, and apparantly, so did our running game. I expected a win, but I didn't expect a low scoring game. I like that these Broncos find ways to win. :cheers:

Day1BroncoFan
11-16-2008, 07:43 PM
The defense impressed me today. Have they found their rythm?

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Very nice call! :salute:

I missed the game, but unfortunately saw a spoiler while watching the SD x Pittsburgh game. :ack:

I guess the defense did step up, and apparantly, so did our running game. I expected a win, but I didn't expect a low scoring game. I like that these Broncos find ways to win. :cheers:

I tried to tell people. No one seemed to want to listen. We scored 24 points and held the apparently amazing Falcons offense to just 20. Denver is now 2 1/2 games up in the division with the Raiders coming to town. Hopefully we can slaughter them like we the first time. Too bad there's no D. Hall to pick on!

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
We almost give up points on every drive, it will take atleast 27-30 to win this game barring some sort of miracle.

Eat crow.

Day1BroncoFan
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Eat crow.

Jay Cutler = miracle.

:dance:

Cutler6MVP
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Eat crow.

I wont eat crow, we surprisingly played good D. When you stopped being such a "denver does nothing wrong" guy, I'll then eat crow. By my count the defense has played 2 good games out of 10.

Italianmobstr7
11-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I wont eat crow, we surprisingly played good D. When you stopped being such a "denver does nothing wrong" guy, I'll then eat crow. By my count the defense has played 2 good games out of 10.

I'm not a "Denver does nothing wrong" guy. There's a ton of things that the team needs to work on, but it's not all doom and gloom like some people think either. We're 6-4. We're in a good spot to make the playoffs. Our offense is pretty good, and our defense is pretty bad. Hopefully we can get both to be good in the next couple of years. Just admit that you were wrong. Just because I made a good prediction doesn't mean that I think the Broncos do no wrong. You're right that our D sucks, but they don't give up points on every drive. Give them a little credit. It's hard to win games when the O is turning the ball over 3 or 4 times a game. I thought we would play good and win today without a "miracle" and I know that our team is better than many of even our own fans give us credit for. You're exact words were that we would need "27-30 points" to win today. You were wrong. EAT CROW. We went in to Atlanta today, and we flat out beat them. We were the better team. And it didn't take a miracle to do it. I called it. I was right. You were wrong. Deal with it.

nevcraw
11-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm not a "Denver does nothing wrong" guy. There's a ton of things that the team needs to work on, but it's not all doom and gloom like some people think either. We're 6-4. We're in a good spot to make the playoffs. Our offense is pretty good, and our defense is pretty bad. Hopefully we can get both to be good in the next couple of years. Just admit that you were wrong. Just because I made a good prediction doesn't mean that I think the Broncos do no wrong. You're right that our D sucks, but they don't give up points on every drive. Give them a little credit. It's hard to win games when the O is turning the ball over 3 or 4 times a game. I thought we would play good and win today without a "miracle" and I know that our team is better than many of even our own fans give us credit for. You're exact words were that we would need "27-30 points" to win today. You were wrong. EAT CROW. We went in to Atlanta today, and we flat out beat them. We were the better team. And it didn't take a miracle to do it. I called it. I was right. You were wrong. Deal with it.

But they have heart, are improving and are gaining momentum..

nevcraw
11-16-2008, 10:50 PM

Must have been a tough day for you.. you know with the broncos winning and all.. Better luck next week.

Cutler6MVP
11-17-2008, 08:25 AM

Yes you are a Denver does nothing wrong guy, you have been this year from the beginning. I dont understand your eat crow comment, I myself said they were going to win this week and they did. I did say it would take a lot of points, it didnt take a lot of points but it did take a decent amount. The defense was far from perfect this week but it was a HUGE step forward. Are we going to see this week in and week out? Most likely no, but I sure hope so. My argument here has nothing to do with the team not winning, my problem here is with you, and you were called out in the linebacker thread as well. So I dont want you thinking im the only one noticing this. It must of been hard for you to admit our defense is near the worst in the league.

I applaud your passion for this team, I really do, you are just easily clouded by it.

Cutler6MVP
11-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Must have been a tough day for you.. you know with the broncos winning and all.. Better luck next week.

Actually it was a very good day for me, my team won. So every game they give up a ton of points, can I come back and tell you you're an idiot, or it must of been a tough day for you? No I wouldnt bother doing that, you already know our defense is terrible and believe me, other than you two, most bronco fans were surprised by how the defense played.

Italianmobstr7
11-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Yes you are a Denver does nothing wrong guy, you have been this year from the beginning. I dont understand your eat crow comment, I myself said they were going to win this week and they did. I did say it would take a lot of points, it didnt take a lot of points but it did take a decent amount. The defense was far from perfect this week but it was a HUGE step forward. Are we going to see this week in and week out? Most likely no, but I sure hope so. My argument here has nothing to do with the team not winning, my problem here is with you, and you were called out in the linebacker thread as well. So I dont want you thinking im the only one noticing this. It must of been hard for you to admit our defense is near the worst in the league.

I applaud your passion for this team, I really do, you are just easily clouded by it.

Called out in the linebacker thread? Where? I never said that our linebackers were any good except for DJ Williams. You my friend, need to stop smoking crack.

Cutler6MVP
11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I know its rough for you to grasp, but our defense sucks.

That is from missouribronc, once again, he sees what I see.

Italianmobstr7
11-17-2008, 08:13 PM
That is from missouribronc, once again, he sees what I see.

Not 1 time have I EVER said that our LB's were "good" or that our defense was "good." I simply said that they're not as bad as some here make them out to be. I'm sorry that I'm not all doom and gloom. The fact of the matter is that we're 6-4, not 4-6 like you seem to think. The Broncos D has sucked. Hopefully it gets better, but I seriously doubt that it will this season. No matter how bad they've been though, Our offense does not have to score on EVERY drive, and they don't allow points on every single drive like you said. The "Eat Crow" thing is because you stated that Denver would have to score on every drive to beat the Falcons and that it would be "a miracle" for us to beat them. Well, you were WRONG. We did not need to score on EVERY drive, and it DID NOT take a MIRACLE for us to beat them. So once again, you're wrong. I'm not the kind of guy who thinks that Denver does every thing right. I'm just not someone who thinks that every thing they do is wrong. The Broncos are a 6-4 football team with a great chance to make the playoffs. We're not terrible every game and win with miracles and by luck like you like to make it seem.

Cutler6MVP
11-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Not 1 time have I EVER said that our LB's were "good" or that our defense was "good." I simply said that they're not as bad as some here make them out to be. I'm sorry that I'm not all doom and gloom. The fact of the matter is that we're 6-4, not 4-6 like you seem to think. The Broncos D has sucked. Hopefully it gets better, but I seriously doubt that it will this season. No matter how bad they've been though, Our offense does not have to score on EVERY drive, and they don't allow points on every single drive like you said. The "Eat Crow" thing is because you stated that Denver would have to score on every drive to beat the Falcons and that it would be "a miracle" for us to beat them. Well, you were WRONG. We did not need to score on EVERY drive, and it DID NOT take a MIRACLE for us to beat them. So once again, you're wrong. I'm not the kind of guy who thinks that Denver does every thing right. I'm just not someone who thinks that every thing they do is wrong. The Broncos are a 6-4 football team with a great chance to make the playoffs. We're not terrible every game and win with miracles and by luck like you like to make it seem.

Please freaking show me where I said it would take a god damn miracle for us to win. I F'ing said that they were going to win this week, but it was going to be high scoring. It sure wasnt low scoring, but it wasnt high scoring either. When have I ever stated we win by miracles? I will admit we have been very lucky and we stayed lucky in our win @ ATL(whites dropped TD). Stop freaking putting words in my mouth, stop being stupid.

Are you mentally retarded, or just slow? You keep taking the arguments I am making as a freaking insult or make it something more than what it should be. You are the biggest homer on this site and clearly arent seeing straight, this defense is as bad as it looks. They have played 2 good games, out of 10, 2!!! We are 6-4 and once again, I'm not saying we shouldnt be and im not acting like we are. I'm just telling you to open your freaking eyes, this defense is 28th in the league, we are the only playoff contending team, other than Chicago who are ranked that low. This is one of the most pathetic defenses I've ever seen. We played really good defense last week, I am very proud of them and I hope to God they can find a way to build off that and play some sort of respectable defense.

Stop making more out of this than it is, you clearly are homering in way to much on the team, be a realist.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Do you huff spray paint out of a coffee can?

We held them to 20 points. Just like I said.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM

I do agree with you on one point though, I feel we will win in a high scoring affair with another Cutler 4th quarter 2 minute drive.

Okay. There it is right there. I misquoted you, but was still pretty close. You said we would have to score 27-30 points to win, barring some sort of MIRACLE. Well guess what? We didn't have to score 27 or 30. There was no miracle involved. That's all I'm saying. I don't care whether you think I'm a homer because I choose to support the team, and think that they're better than some here give them credit for. We're not all going to agree, and that's fine. I know our D is bad. There isn't 1 time that I said that they aren't bad. I never said our LB's weren't bad. I did defend Cutler after the 3 INT game, because I still feel that he could have played much worse. Also the Browns game, he COULD have thrown 3 INT's, but he didn't. He threw 1.

I'm sorry that I refuse to get down on our 6-4 team. A team that is 6-4 whether they win by 1 point or 50 is a team that is doing more good than bad. At least when it counts. Our D hasn't been good this year. They probably won't be good this year. That's fine. We also may not win the Super Bowl this year, but if we get in the playoffs, we have a chance, just like the other 11 teams. That's what I want. I want to get to the playoffs, and I'll support the team the entire way there. Not bash them.

I realize that we don't have a good defense, and I realize that our offense has actually struggled a bit. But because they struggled, I don't think that they suck. We just have different outlooks. I'm fine with that. If you're not, then whatever, but it's just how I am. The point is, I was right about the game. It wasn't a miracle that our D stepped up. We didn't have to score 30 points, or 40 like others said. Turner didn't run for 150 or 200 yards, and we didn't turn the ball over once (I actually thought we would at least once).

The fact of the matter is, we're both fans, we both love the Broncos. We both have a 6-4 team to cheer for, no matter how we do it.

Cutler6MVP
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Okay. There it is right there. I misquoted you, but was still pretty close. You said we would have to score 27-30 points to win, barring some sort of MIRACLE. Well guess what? We didn't have to score 27 or 30. There was no miracle involved. That's all I'm saying. I don't care whether you think I'm a homer because I choose to support the team, and think that they're better than some here give them credit for. We're not all going to agree, and that's fine. I know our D is bad. There isn't 1 time that I said that they aren't bad. I never said our LB's weren't bad. I did defend Cutler after the 3 INT game, because I still feel that he could have played much worse. Also the Browns game, he COULD have thrown 3 INT's, but he didn't. He threw 1.

I'm sorry that I refuse to get down on our 6-4 team. A team that is 6-4 whether they win by 1 point or 50 is a team that is doing more good than bad. At least when it counts. Our D hasn't been good this year. They probably won't be good this year. That's fine. We also may not win the Super Bowl this year, but if we get in the playoffs, we have a chance, just like the other 11 teams. That's what I want. I want to get to the playoffs, and I'll support the team the entire way there. Not bash them.

I realize that we don't have a good defense, and I realize that our offense has actually struggled a bit. But because they struggled, I don't think that they suck. We just have different outlooks. I'm fine with that. If you're not, then whatever, but it's just how I am. The point is, I was right about the game. It wasn't a miracle that our D stepped up. We didn't have to score 30 points, or 40 like others said. Turner didn't run for 150 or 200 yards, and we didn't turn the ball over once (I actually thought we would at least once).

The fact of the matter is, we're both fans, we both love the Broncos. We both have a 6-4 team to cheer for, no matter how we do it.

I already pointed out my mistake, I will say that I wasnt aware that I said miracle, but were 1 score away from 27 points at least. Atlanta also scored 50% of the time, whether it be a FG or a TD. In the first half we stopped them 2 out of 5 times which is 40% of the time. That is pretty bad, luckily we held them to field goals.

In the 2nd half, they made some adjustments, but I think we have to more so credit the offense. The Falcons had only 3 possessions the whole 2nd half. The offense kept the Falcons off the field for 2 less possessions than the 1st half. We were then able to hide our defense, possibly making them look better than they actually played. None the less I was very happy with the way the defense played.

It wasnt like I was going out on a limb saying we will need to score 27-30 points with the way our defense plays, but I for sure called this win right along with you. Im not getting down on our 6-4 team, im just simply pointing out glaring flaws on this team that could/will prevent our team from winning the superbowl. I holding our hope though, the year the colts won the superbowl they couldnt stop the run either, and then all of a sudden it clicked for those few games.

you're right we are fans of the same team when it all comes down to it and we will have different opinions of different things, but I believe this is one thing all Broncos fans should agree on.

Italianmobstr7
11-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I already pointed out my mistake, I will say that I wasnt aware that I said miracle, but were 1 score away from 27 points at least. Atlanta also scored 50% of the time, whether it be a FG or a TD. In the first half we stopped them 2 out of 5 times which is 40% of the time. That is pretty bad, luckily we held them to field goals.

In the 2nd half, they made some adjustments, but I think we have to more so credit the offense. The Falcons had only 3 possessions the whole 2nd half. The offense kept the Falcons off the field for 2 less possessions than the 1st half. We were then able to hide our defense, possibly making them look better than they actually played. None the less I was very happy with the way the defense played.

It wasnt like I was going out on a limb saying we will need to score 27-30 points with the way our defense plays, but I for sure called this win right along with you. Im not getting down on our 6-4 team, im just simply pointing out glaring flaws on this team that could/will prevent our team from winning the superbowl. I holding our hope though, the year the colts won the superbowl they couldnt stop the run either, and then all of a sudden it clicked for those few games.

you're right we are fans of the same team when it all comes down to it and we will have different opinions of different things, but I believe this is one thing all Broncos fans should agree on.

What is one thing we should agree on? We should point out all of our "glaring flaws?" I'm not like you. I'm not going to bash the team after a bad game. I don't know what else you want me to do besides agree with you that our D sucks. I've said it. I know. All of the Broncos fans know. The bottom line though, is that Denver's D has obviously played well enough for us to win 6 games so far. We win games as a team, not as an offense or a defense. Right now, the entire team is 6-4, not just the offense.

Cutler6MVP
11-19-2008, 08:28 AM
What is one thing we should agree on? We should point out all of our "glaring flaws?" I'm not like you. I'm not going to bash the team after a bad game. I don't know what else you want me to do besides agree with you that our D sucks. I've said it. I know. All of the Broncos fans know. The bottom line though, is that Denver's D has obviously played well enough for us to win 6 games so far. We win games as a team, not as an offense or a defense. Right now, the entire team is 6-4, not just the offense.

The one thing we should all be agreeing on is the fact our defense is a bottom feeder defense ranked 28th or 29th in the league.

The defense has not played well enough for us to win, that is where you are sadly mistaken. Our offense has played well enough for us to win 6 games. How is giving up 38, 32, 33, 41, 26 and 30 good enough for us to win. In all those high scoring affairs we were able to win 3 of those games only. If you throw away the Raiders game, which everyone does since they are just a terrible terrible team, the Broncos defense has played 2 solid games and have played only 1 game where we have given up LESS than 20 points. How are you 6-4? Ill tell you how, the OFFENSE which is one of the best in the league. We are a very comparable team to Indy. You cant have a defense average 27.1 points a game and expect to win. 27.1 points per game is not playing well enough for us to win. On offense we only average 24.7, good for 8th in the league, that is how we are winning.

Jay Cutler has had his struggles because of the defense, he feels he needs to score on every drive and I don't blame him, teams run up and down he field on us.

For god sakes the raiders allow less points than us, they allow only 23 points a game, Chargers 22 a game as well and I feel they have the worst defense in the league, Cle and Indy are also only giving up 22 a game. While those numbers arent great, they show they are an average defense (minus SD). If we just had an average defense, I believe we're 8-2 in this league.

Italianmobstr7
11-19-2008, 06:57 PM
The one thing we should all be agreeing on is the fact our defense is a bottom feeder defense ranked 28th or 29th in the league.

The defense has not played well enough for us to win, that is where you are sadly mistaken. Our offense has played well enough for us to win 6 games. How is giving up 38, 32, 33, 41, 26 and 30 good enough for us to win. In all those high scoring affairs we were able to win 3 of those games only. If you throw away the Raiders game, which everyone does since they are just a terrible terrible team, the Broncos defense has played 2 solid games and have played only 1 game where we have given up LESS than 20 points. How are you 6-4? Ill tell you how, the OFFENSE which is one of the best in the league. We are a very comparable team to Indy. You cant have a defense average 27.1 points a game and expect to win. 27.1 points per game is not playing well enough for us to win. On offense we only average 24.7, good for 8th in the league, that is how we are winning.

Jay Cutler has had his struggles because of the defense, he feels he needs to score on every drive and I don't blame him, teams run up and down he field on us.

For god sakes the raiders allow less points than us, they allow only 23 points a game, Chargers 22 a game as well and I feel they have the worst defense in the league, Cle and Indy are also only giving up 22 a game. While those numbers arent great, they show they are an average defense (minus SD). If we just had an average defense, I believe we're 8-2 in this league.

If the defense is holding them to enough points for our offense to outscore the other team, they're doing good enough. They're not good. I've repeated over and over that our Defense is not good. We're still winning though, and that's all that matters.

Cutler6MVP
11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
If the defense is holding them to enough points for our offense to outscore the other team, they're doing good enough. They're not good. I've repeated over and over that our Defense is not good. We're still winning though, and that's all that matters.

Think about what you just said? That might be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If the defense is holding them to enough for our offense to out score them? How does that make any sense when were giving up more than we've scored and when were giving up 30-40 points on occasions? We dont score enough points for us to have a defense that plays that way, the only team I've seen be able to play that way was last years patriots. We as a team are walking a THIN THIN line, I pray every sunday that, that line does not break.

omac
11-19-2008, 11:11 PM

I like to think of it more as this ..... in the games where Denver's won, wherein their opponent scored a lot of points, the defense came up big in key moments. So they weren't good througout a lot of the game (or the season), but when it counted the most, they delivered.

Everyone can rag on the defense for being bad (and rightfully so), but in the key moments when they needed to step up, they have. That's actually the character of this Bronco team; with all their injuries and weaknesses, they find ways to win. A lot of teams in the NFL don't know how to win the close ones, but this team does. :rockon:

(added) I do agree with Cutler6MVP that if our defense was much more consistent, the offense wouldn't have to take as many chances, and we'd have probably won a few of the games we lost. Our defense stepped up big for Atlanta, like they have for Tampa, and as a result, we were comfortable when we went conservative with playcalling and were stopped on 3rd-and-2s or goal-line-on-the-3(?) rushes.

Italianmobstr7
11-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I like to think of it more as this ..... in the games where Denver's won, wherein their opponent scored a lot of points, the defense came up big in key moments. So they weren't good througout a lot of the game (or the season), but when it counted the most, they delivered.

Everyone can rag on the defense for being bad (and rightfully so), but in the key moments when they needed to step up, they have. That's actually the character of this Bronco team; with all their injuries and weaknesses, they find ways to win. A lot of teams in the NFL don't know how to win the close ones, but this team does. :rockon:

(added) I do agree with Cutler6MVP that if our defense was much more consistent, the offense wouldn't have to take as many chances, and we'd have probably won a few of the games we lost. Our defense stepped up big for Atlanta, like they have for Tampa, and as a result, we were comfortable when we went conservative with playcalling and were stopped on 3rd-and-2s or goal-line-on-the-3(?) rushes.

Well put Omac. I agree 100%.

Cutler6MVP
11-20-2008, 08:27 AM

Well, I will have to agree with you on this one. I can only think of one time where the defense did not get the stop when we needed it and that was against Jacksonville.