PDA

View Full Version : Moreno down to 200 pounds

broncobryce
07-21-2011, 05:40 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/07/21/lighter-knowshon-attends-camp-landow/7882/

Lighter? Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno almost looked downright skinny.

Moreno has spent most of his offseason working out with a downtown Denver trainer but he joined “the guys” Thursday at Valor Christian High School.......click link above to read the rest.

broncobryce
07-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Maybe it means he's in fantastic shape and won't get injured, or maybe he wasn't working out at all so he lost his muscle. We shall see.

GEM
07-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Could help with his huffing and puffing on the sidelines. Hope he plans on bringing some of it back in muscle.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-21-2011, 05:57 PM
That seems like a much more acceptable playing weight to me for Knowshon. Hope it translates.

MileHighCrew
07-21-2011, 05:57 PM
I wonder if the 20lbs will help him with his vision?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-21-2011, 05:58 PM
I wonder if the 20lbs will help him with his vision?

I love KnoMo haters.

I wonder if the O-Line will realize that it's their job to open up holes for the running game.

See how easy that is! :D

GEM
07-21-2011, 06:03 PM
I love KnoMo haters.

I wonder if the O-Line will realize that it's their job to open up holes for the running game.

I wonder if when they do open even the smallest of holes he decides to run through it and not dance behind it.

MileHighCrew
07-21-2011, 06:04 PM
I love KnoMo haters.

actually I am not a hater I was just making a smart ass comment. I like Knowshon and i hope he can become what I hoped he was. but i do think he needs better conditioning because with every 5 yard run he needs a 10 min rest

broncofaninfla
07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Heavier damn sure didn't work for him, maybe this will?

MOtorboat
07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
So, wait, he's been in Denver the whole time?

Lol

SR
07-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I wonder if when they do open even the smallest of holes he decides to run through it and not dance behind it.

Best post in this thread.

NightTerror218
07-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Well it depends on if he has the run between the OL legs or not or if there is actually a hole. Otherwise he will dance and follow them.

BroncoStud
07-21-2011, 06:24 PM
If he's faster that's a good thing. If he's just skinnier that's a bad thing.

underrated29
07-21-2011, 07:13 PM
So, wait, he's been in Denver the whole time?

Lol

Ha ha wasn't there a big thread on how people were hating on him for not being in Colorado.....that's pretty funny

broncobryce
07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Ha ha wasn't there a big thread on how people were hating on him for not being in Colorado.....that's pretty funny

People will hate on him regardless. Unless he runs for like 2000 yards and 50 tds.

underrated29
07-21-2011, 07:43 PM
People will hate on him regardless. Unless he runs for like 2000 yards and 50 tds.

NO

They'll still hate.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-21-2011, 07:51 PM

That's one gigantic 'if'. I don't blame him for dancing last year... Like I said, lets hold off of on the overreaction until we see how he performs behind a competent O-Line, shall we?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-21-2011, 07:52 PM

No, I'm pretty sure people would still hate on him then too. Although the flavor of the month in Broncos land seems to change on a day by day basis it seems.

MOtorboat
07-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Yeah. There was.

It is very ironic. And very funny.

I'm worried about Tim Tebow working with receivers at sea-level and not in Denver. How could they possibly be ready for the season?

EMB6903
07-21-2011, 11:02 PM

No... just be productive.. like more then 2 100+ yard rushing game in 29 appearences.

Canmore
07-21-2011, 11:13 PM
No... just be productive.. like more then 2 100+ yard rushing game in 29 appearences.

He looked like a different back late last season. We need him to be a difference maker. I still have hopes for Knowshon Moreno, but this is his put up season. Fox is going to run the football with or without Knowshon. It would be better for all parties if it is with him.

underrated29
07-22-2011, 09:14 AM

But he consistently went over 100 yards majority if his games. And quite another few he had90-99 yards....

Oh that's right, yards from screens do not count because its knowshon who did it. Had it been LT or mid or cj2k it would be fine.

Dzone
07-22-2011, 09:20 AM
He should have bulked up to 250

Lonestar
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
If he wants to run with power atleast 220.

GEM
07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
The reports were that he was in GA nearly all offseason. When did he get to Denver is the question?

GEM
07-22-2011, 12:26 PM
NO

They'll still hate.

If he performed anywhere close to that, I wouldn't. I don't hate the guy, he just hasn't shown himself to be an explosive 1st round RB. Sorry, taken where he was taken, I do have expectations. Those expectations don't include coming out after a 3 yrd run gasping for air. I don't see the guy in TN do it, don't see AP doing it, haven't seen anyone else do it for that matter. It's an every game thing for him.

You all want to praise him, so be it. Doesn't mean I have to agree. That's your assessment, I have mine.

I am not going to just assume that behind a better line, he will do any better. I will wait to see if that is actually a reality before changing my assessment of him.

And it's just that, my assessment, you don't have to agree with it, you don't have to like it, but I have just as much right to it as you have to the opposite.

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 12:31 PM

no way Dzone. that would now fit him well . TD wasn't much over 200 iirc

NightTerror218
07-22-2011, 12:31 PM
The reports were that he was in GA nearly all offseason. When did he get to Denver is the question?

Only saw 1 report of him being in GA at all. Might have only been there a couple times.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
07-22-2011, 12:32 PM
If he wants to run with power atleast 220.

He's only 5'10". 200 is probably a good weight for him.

I've been wondering if this has anything to do with not being under pressure from the McD regime to be at a certain weight. I remember at his rookie press conference they asked him about gaining weight and he said he didn't need to because 205 was a good weight for him. Yet last year he played between 210 and 215. He was noticeably more bulky than when he was at Georgia.

MOtorboat
07-22-2011, 12:33 PM
So what's a first round back?

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 12:35 PM

Adrian Peterson?

NightTerror218
07-22-2011, 12:36 PM
He's only 5'10". 200 is probably a good weight for him.

I've been wondering if this has anything to do with not being under pressure from the McD regime to be at a certain weight. I remember at his rookie press conference they asked him about gaining weight and he said he didn't need to because 205 was a good weight for him. Yet last year he played between 210 and 215. He was noticeably more bulky than when he was at Georgia.

Did McD like playing in the draft? Draft guys then make them change? Making OL play all positions on line, make a RB beef up. Move DE/LB around...like Ayers.

He was a shitty drafter and HC. He may know offense, but only in the passing game area.

GEM
07-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Adrian Peterson. Chris Johnson. Check the stats on how often RD 1 RB's turn out to be worth it. Statistics show that more often than not when drafting the position at that point in the draft, the likelihood of success is downright pitiful.

When you have RB's that can be found in rounds 3-7 who are above and beyond serviceable and you have the needs that this team had the year they took Moreno, wasting it on a RB who MIGHT be good, just isn't a smart move. Is that Moreno's fault? No, never said it was.

It's the Broncos' fault for the stupidity that was drafting a RB instead of a defensive player.

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I think Ricky Williams was worth the risk of picking in the 1st round. then he got kinda weird and all, but hey... who am I to judge. That kid was awesome coming out of Texas. His physique and those dredlocks ust screamed running back

MOtorboat
07-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Adrian Peterson. Chris Johnson. Check the stats on how often RD 1 RB's turn out to be worth it. Statistics show that more often than not when drafting the position at that point in the draft, the likelihood of success is downright pitiful.

When you have RB's that can be found in rounds 3-7 who are above and beyond serviceable and you have the needs that this team had the year they took Moreno, wasting it on a RB who MIGHT be good, just isn't a smart move. Is that Moreno's fault? No, never said it was.

It's the Broncos' fault for the stupidity that was drafting a RB instead of a defensive player.

So you're mad at McDaniels for drafting a running back three years ago, not Moreno, who, regardless of where he was drafted, is a top 20 yard producer in the NFL in the last two seasons?

Moreno, in his first two seasons, has been one of the better first-round running backs in the last 10 years.

Look at the stats.

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 01:05 PM
So you're mad at McDaniels for drafting a running back three years ago, not Moreno, who, regardless of where he was drafted, is a top 20 yard producer in the NFL in the last two seasons?

Moreno, in his first two seasons, has been one of the better first-round running backs in the last 10 years.

Look at the stats.

I've heard the stat argument before mo. hmm. he just doesn't seem like someone who can take it to the house. I think that''s why most that are disappointed are disappointed.

MOtorboat
07-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Look at the stats.

I've heard the stat argument before mo. hmm. he just doesn't seem like someone who can take it to the house. I think that''s why most that are disappointed are disappointed.

Touchdown production is also higher than you'd assume too.

I know people hate to hear this, but he's one of the better players on the team, but people hate on him because it's easier than realizing there are deeper problems, especially at the offensive line.

MOtorboat
07-22-2011, 01:24 PM
There's always a lot of talk about Orakpo, but which player is more valuable?

Orakpo; 74 tackles, 2 FF, 0 INTs and 19.5 sacks

Or...

Moreno: 2311 yards, 17 TDs.

slim
07-22-2011, 01:26 PM
That's one gigantic 'if'. I don't blame him for dancing last year... Like I said, lets hold off of on the overreaction until we see how he performs behind a competent O-Line, shall we?

Well, unless the addition of Orlando Franklin makes this a "competent" OL, it appears we may be waiting for quite some time.

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Touchdown production is also higher than you'd assume too.

I know people hate to hear this, but he's one of the better players on the team, but people hate on him because it's easier than realizing there are deeper problems, especially at the offensive line.

I'm yet to hate on him. I think he's a good back, and yes,... there are biggher problems, so we are in agreement buddy. O.K?

I can' recall the broncos scoring much at all last season, let alone thru a running play. I'm not with the haters on Moreno. I am kinda with Orton, I know both can only do som much with what's going on around them, but Kyle just doesn't seem to stand that well in the pocket for lack of a better explanation. He just doesn't seem to take that certain attitude when it comes to pressure. that's just me, but that's my take. think what eva

but Mareno, otoh really didn't have much to work with for his position in particular, imo. I don't' know yet about his vision, his decision making and all of that.. and, quite frankly, I don't think anyone else does either whether they realize it or not.

Lonestar
07-22-2011, 01:41 PM

Was about 208 in the early years got ip to 212_215 in the last couple of years.

SOCALORADO.
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
So knowshow lost weight. Great.
I guess its not all bad though, he cant possibly lose any more vision or speed, since he never had any.

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 02:05 PM
So knowshow lost weight. Great.
I guess its not all bad though, he cant possibly lose any more vision or speed, since he never had any.

that's just negative

WARHORSE
07-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Cocaine diet?

NFL players dont just work out and lose weight. They monitor their weight.

I dont like this, and he better start packing on some pounds.

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Cocaine diet?

you know, it's not like he's a prize hog. He's a person with feelings too.

NightTerror218
07-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Cocaine diet?

Doing a different weight lifter regime and conditions he can pack on lean muscle instead of bulky muscle which could be the reason for his weight loss. Toning rather then bulking.

T.K.O.
07-22-2011, 02:39 PM
ive been slowly "bulking up" for the past 15 seasons.....and it has'nt made me a better runner.:shocked::laugh:
i'm all for moreno becoming a lean,mean,running machine...we can add a power runner (fatty) for goal lines and short ydg !!!!

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
ive been slowly "bulking up" for the past 15 seasons.....and it has'nt made me a better runner.:shocked::laugh:
i'm all for moreno becoming a lean,mean,running machine...we can add a power runner (fatty) for goal lines and short ydg !!!!

You want to slow yourself down? Do squats.

although it's certainly not all about breakaway speed in the power running game that is today's NFL. You guys need to friggin chill out and quit being so quick to judge

NightTerror218
07-22-2011, 02:46 PM

I could prob run a 40 in 4........minutes :D

I am the type to lift and get huge, but I changed my lifting regime and have lost size but gained range of motion, flexibility and what not. If Moreno was told to bulk up by McD and say did lost of squats to upper body, it would low him down like mentioned above. But if he cuts the bulk back to get better reflexes he could be quicker, or just a better dancer in backfield. Unless he just did a diet to lose weight then that is not good, with loss of muscle.

T.K.O.
07-22-2011, 02:47 PM
You want to slow yourself down? Do squats.

although it's certainly not all about breakaway speed in the power running game that is today's NFL. You guys need to friggin chill out and quit being so quick to judge

i was agreeing that i dont see a problem with moreno dropping a couple pounds.
most pro atheletes know exactly when their body is at "top form"
if we can put a decent line in front of him ...i think he can do very well.
the other comment was about me getting old and fat:laugh:

BroncoNut
07-22-2011, 02:50 PM
i was agreeing that i dont see a problem with moreno dropping a couple pounds.
most pro atheletes know exactly when their body is at "top form"
if we can put a decent line in front of him ...i think he can do very well.
the other comment was about me getting old and fat:laugh:

oh, I figured as much. many small backs do quite well in the NFL in fact. many of them are really quite short and leaner'n shit.

Dzone
07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Sounds like Moreno has been training at Curves or Ladies Express Workout...what a poosy

Dzone
07-22-2011, 05:51 PM

If Moreno continues to suck, he would maybe have a chance as a blocking fullback at 250...at 200 lbs, he had better be averaging over 4.0 ypc or he is done. Another first round mcdaniels bust along with D Thomas

broncobryce
07-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Moreno 'danced behind the line' for 700+ yards when our oline was horrible for most of the season. I guess you prefer he run through holes that aren't there. He lead our backs in yards per carry.

underrated29
07-22-2011, 06:17 PM
If Moreno continues to suck, he would maybe have a chance as a blocking fullback at 250...at 200 lbs, he had better be averaging over 4.0 ypc or he is done. Another first round mcdaniels bust along with D Thomas

So basically he just needs to remain par. Because he did average over 4.0 ypc and 10 yards per catch. and 8.5 tds since we are counting.

NightTerror218
07-22-2011, 06:26 PM
So basically he just needs to remain par. Because he did average over 4.0 ypc and 10 yards per catch. and 8.5 tds since we are counting.

For a 3rd rounder I would be happy with that, I however for a 1st rounder I would like to see 1,000 rushing yrds + a season. Not all purpose yards rushing. I want a ground attack to balance out the team. That is also for missing a couple games.

WARHORSE
07-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Doing a different weight lifter regime and conditions he can pack on lean muscle instead of bulky muscle which could be the reason for his weight loss. Toning rather then bulking.

Sure, but I just dont see an NFL runningback purposely moving down from an already light weight. Im sure he noticed losing weight, and if youre losing weight I would think you would change what youre doing.

Unless youre name is LenDale White of course.
:D

He runs too hard to take weight off, maybe its just me, but thats my thoughts, especially when youre injury prone.

Ravage!!!
07-22-2011, 08:29 PM
To me... this tells me that Moreno has realized the role he'll be playing on the team. You aren't the workhorse back at 200 lbs. But you probably are the right weight for a third down back.

broncobryce
07-22-2011, 10:09 PM
To me... this tells me that Moreno has realized the role he'll be playing on the team. You aren't the workhorse back at 200 lbs. But you probably are the right weight for a third down back.

I guess you haven't heard of Chris Johnson.

Ravage!!!
07-23-2011, 12:55 AM
I guess you haven't heard of Chris Johnson.

Really? So you are comparing morenos speed to johnsons? If you are going to compare, at least attempt at apples to apples.

broncobryce
07-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Really? So you are comparing morenos speed to johnsons? If you are going to compare, at least attempt at apples to apples.

I quoted your post where you reference his weight and being a work horse. You were saying since he is down to 200 he must think he will only be a 3rd down back. Chris johnson is only 200. Do I need to explain your own posts to you?

broncohead
07-23-2011, 03:32 AM
For a 3rd rounder I would be happy with that, I however for a 1st rounder I would like to see 1,000 rushing yrds + a season. Not all purpose yards rushing. I want a ground attack to balance out the team. That is also for missing a couple games.

sounds like the opposite of what our offense was. Can't get the yeard without the touches

MOtorboat
07-23-2011, 08:47 AM

sounds like the opposite of what our offense was. Can't get the yeard without the touches

McDaniels system didn't give running backs enough carries to go over 1,000 yards, but he did give them enough touches to get 1,000 yards from scrimmage. I guess people are just never going to understand that, and I should quit saying anything.

Lonestar
07-23-2011, 09:33 AM
McDaniels system didn't give running backs enough carries to go over 1,000 yards, but he did give them enough touches to get 1,000 yards from scrimmage. I guess people are just never going to understand that, and I should quit saying anything.

No don't stop, as fanatics need to hear it until they understand it.

The kid is not a bad runner he is what he was allowed to be a RB in the spread offense. An offense that is pass oriented and if the RB gets touches some of then are going to be as a receiver.

Slick
07-23-2011, 10:16 AM
I want to see him run behind a fullback in an offense more dedicated to a run game before I completely throw him under the bus.

BroncoJoe
07-23-2011, 10:37 AM
The only hundred(s) I care about are yards. He's got it in him, let's hope we see it this season.

Ravage!!!
07-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I quoted your post where you reference his weight and being a work horse. You were saying since he is down to 200 he must think he will only be a 3rd down back. Chris johnson is only 200. Do I need to explain your own posts to you?

Ill state it again. If you want to use the exception to the rule, as well as a guy that is one of fasrwst in nfl as a counter....fine. But what do chris johnson and jamal charles have in common? Clue, something Moreno doesnt.

If you arent fast enough to blaze by them, you are going to take more hits at full impact. That requires more beef. Unless you plan on catches outside and away from between the tackles. There are exceptions in all cases. However we already know Moreno doesnt have exceptional speed.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Knowshon Moreno lifted his chin over the pull-up bar for his final repetition — of 45 — and collapsed into a sweaty, out-of-breath heap on the floor of the CrossFit Verve gym in North Denver.

Moreno, the Broncos' third-year running back, had just cranked out 45 "thrusters" — an overhead press with a 95-pound bar — and those 45 pull-ups — broken up into sets of 21, 15 then 9, all in 3 minutes, 39 seconds. That time is considered elite by CrossFit standards, and shows an improvement of 4 1/2 minutes from when he first did this fitness test six weeks ago.

"I want to come into the season in the best shape I can be. I want my body to be in great shape so I can go out there and practice hard, practice to the best of my ability," Moreno said.

rest of article - very interesting - Knowshon is taking this seriously
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18534215?source=rss

Dzone
07-23-2011, 02:36 PM
from 14 pullups to 45? WOW! Thats superhuman...45 pullups is sick...if I get 14 I am happy..dayummm..
I like Morenos attitude..Im pulling for the kid to kick ass this year

broncobryce
07-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Ill state it again. If you want to use the exception to the rule, as well as a guy that is one of fasrwst in nfl as a counter....fine. But what do chris johnson and jamal charles have in common? Clue, something Moreno doesnt.

If you arent fast enough to blaze by them, you are going to take more hits at full impact. That requires more beef. Unless you plan on catches outside and away from between the tackles. There are exceptions in all cases. However we already know Moreno doesnt have exceptional speed.

You said nothing about his speed in your original post, you referenced his weight. "You aren't the workhorse back at 200 lbs."

I gave you an example of someone who is. Obviously he is not as fast as Johnson, and for the record, I think he will be splitting carries with whoever we bring in, I was simply pointing out it doesn't mean he thinks he can't be a workhorse back at 200 pounds. It can be done.

EMB6903
07-23-2011, 06:00 PM
But he consistently went over 100 yards majority if his games. And quite another few he had90-99 yards....

Oh that's right, yards from screens do not count because its knowshon who did it. Had it been LT or mid or cj2k it would be fine.

Whats that even mean?

Knowshon was the 12th overall pick in the draft... Drafting a RB in the first round should mean automatic success.

So far hes been nothing but a bust regardless of his average numbers.

You dont draft a RB in the top 15 pick unless you think hes going to be a pro bowl caliber player.

broncobryce
07-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Whats that even mean?

Knowshon was the 12th overall pick in the draft... Drafting a RB in the first round should mean automatic success.

You dont draft a RB in the top 15 pick unless you think hes going to be a pro bowl caliber player.

A bust? Child please.

Dzone
07-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Thats how a person wants to lose weight: Getting stronger in the process...doesnt sound like moreno lost any muscle, he just got much leaner. Lost most of his body fat. He will be quicker and faster. This is good news. Sounds like he is driven to succeed.
Ive always like Moreno, but like a lot of people I was a little down on him, but I just didnt know the full picture until I read this article.
Wish I was in Denver, I would be training there. I like that crossfit stuff. Just dont have a cross fit gym here in rural colorado

underrated29
07-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Whats that even mean?

Dude that is a very contradicting post

EMB6903
07-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Dude that is a very contradicting post

and playing the favorite card is a very immature post.

"Because hes not CJ or Peterson"

Umm no because he was the 12th overall pick in the draft with very high expectations and has been average at best.

EMB6903
07-23-2011, 06:35 PM
A bust? Child please.

He hasnt been a bust so far?

LMAO!

Dzone
07-23-2011, 08:11 PM
You have to wonder just how much the hamstring pulls were messing things up for him. If he has that problem solved, it will be very interesting to see the new Knowshon Moreno

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2011, 08:23 PM
You have to wonder just how much the hamstring pulls were messing things up for him. If he has that problem solved, it will be very interesting to see the new Knowshon Moreno

Moreno is noticeably leaner, especially in his face and torso, having dropped from 215 to 200 pounds, but trainer Matt Chan said Moreno has gained strength in his back, glutes and especially in his hamstrings, both of which were injured in 2010.

"He is absolutely stronger," Chan said.

Canmore
07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
It would be great if Moreno could actually make it through a whole training camp. :laugh:

broncobryce
07-23-2011, 09:59 PM

LMAO!

I'm on my phone so I can't look it up, but I believe he has something like 2000 total yards and 18 touchdowns. So best in the nfl? No. Bust? Lmfao.

MOtorboat
07-24-2011, 01:28 AM

LMAO!

I'm on my phone so I can't look it up, but I believe he has something like 2000 total yards and 18 touchdowns. So best in the nfl? No. Bust? Lmfao.

Top 20 in both categories in the last two years.

The unrealistic expectations and downright denial of what he has brought to the team is a byproduct of the team's win-loss record. That's it. Nothing more.

claymore
07-24-2011, 02:37 AM
I predict Moreno looks alot better this year, and Lloyd looks alot worse.

Ravage!!!
07-24-2011, 05:55 AM

Makes sense. I really DID like what I saw at the end of the season from Moreno. Some don't like his over celebrating (and sometimes it is over the top).. but that kind of enthusiasm can be contagious.

If we are down, and you have that kind of energy going back into the huddle after something positive, then your team starts to see that they are NEVEr out of it. I, personally, like that out of him. Mix that with Tebow, and its a change in mentality.

I think last year was Lloyd's CAREER season. We'll never see a season like that from Lloyd again. But thats not an insult to him. It just means that he'll never lead the league. Doesn't mean he can't/won't be productive.

EMB6903
07-24-2011, 10:03 AM

The unrealistic expectations and downright denial of what he has brought to the team is a byproduct of the team's win-loss record. That's it. Nothing more.

Top 20 in both catagories?

top 20?

is that suppose to be good?

EMB6903
07-24-2011, 10:04 AM

top 20?

Knowshon has been an average back at best while in Denver.

Lonestar
07-24-2011, 10:07 AM

top 20?

is that suppose to be good?

Actually considering the play of the OL the past couple if years yes I think that is close to outstanding.
If he has his hamstring issue handled with this offseason conditioning Nd the OL starts out like it ended last year he should be in the top ten stat wise.

GEM
07-24-2011, 10:22 AM
rest of article - very interesting - Knowshon is taking this seriously

Now that does give me pause on my previous opinion. It gives of hope that he is ready to take it serious this season. I can back off being so hard on him because i do see effort. hopefully it pays off this season.

Warren
07-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm a crossfit enthusiastic myself- so that was the part of the article that caught my eye.

I'll be interested to see how well the crossfit regimen transfers to the football field for Moreno. I've always thought that crossfit- which focuses on short intense bursts of cardio, and explosive movement/lifts - translates well to the football field. There is even a form of crossfit now, crossfit football, that is specifically tailored toward football players.

Anyway, not a surprise that he has increased his power and dropped weight. Generally speaking, everyone leans out a bit when they first begin the regimen. So beyond my cheering for him as a bronco, I'll be hoping that Moreno improves as a kind of test case for an NFL player following this program (though I believe there are some others that already do).

And for anyone that cares: The workout mentioned in the article is called "Fran". Pretty much one of the most painful/intense 3-8 mins of your life.

broncobryce
07-24-2011, 02:02 PM

top 20?

Knowshon has been an average back at best while in Denver.

So now he's not a bust? He's an average back? Keep backtracking.

Ravage!!!
07-24-2011, 02:28 PM

Im not saying hes a bust. However, for a top 12 pick in the draft, being a top 20 rb IS being a bust. You can get that form 3rd round backs. Hes not backtracking in the least. His perception that the top RB taken in the draft shouldnt be a bottom half performer.

broncobryce
07-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Im not saying hes a bust. However, for a top 12 pick in the draft, being a top 20 rb IS being a bust. You can get that form 3rd round backs. Hes not backtracking in the least. His perception that the top RB taken in the draft shouldnt be a bottom half performer.

So you're not saying he's a bust, you're just saying he's a bust? Got it.

Ravage!!!
07-24-2011, 02:43 PM
So you're not saying he's a bust, you're just saying he's a bust? Got it.

Im typing from phone. Let me restate since you are always so intent on snipping at the smallest of details.

Im not necessarily saying he's a bust, but to many, if you are a top 12 draft pick and the first RB taken...performing at below half the NFL is being a bust.

SmilinAssasSin27
07-25-2011, 07:30 PM
At least we'll have McGahee???

BigDaddyBronco
07-25-2011, 07:35 PM
If Moreno can quit running right into people he has a chance. Lloyd will not get as many deep bombs this year and will not have a rocket armed Orton getting it there (snicker), so your argument sounds plausible.

EMB6903
07-25-2011, 11:25 PM

Whose backtracking?

Average production for a 1st round player (12th overall pick)= bust.

He wasnt drafted that high to be average..which is all he has been.

Its not hating, its being realistic.

Try it sometime.

EMB6903
07-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Knowshon just doesnt have any break away speed. IMO hes good between the tackles and doesnt dance around as much as people think.

Dude just is not fast. His longest rush attempt in his entire career is 36 yards.

That should tell you something.

MOtorboat
07-25-2011, 11:35 PM

Whose backtracking?

Average production for a 1st round player (12th overall pick)= bust.

He wasnt drafted that high to be average..

Pay attention.

People put WAY too much emphasis on the first round. WAY too much. The players know that (see the CBA). The coaches know it (Todd Haley - "I don't care how he got on the team").

Pay better attention.

EMB6903
07-25-2011, 11:40 PM
^^the most ingorant post in this thread.

First he says top 20 production is worthy...now this?

Im pretty sure coaches, scouts, GM's, and players realize how important the draft is.

Todd Haley doesnt care where you came from.. Ask Pioli what he thinks?

BeefStew25
07-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Money vs production. It does matter Mo. And quit being so argumentative.

MOtorboat
07-25-2011, 11:43 PM
^^the most ingorant post in this thread.

Really? That's the best you've got? GMs don't draft players often with the idea of them being stars. They draft them in an overall team philosophy, and if that means the first-round draft pick is the solid starter (Moreno) and the fourth round draft pick becomes the star pass rusher (Dumervil), so be it.

It's fans, agents and media that put emphasis on where they are drafted.

MOtorboat
07-25-2011, 11:52 PM
There are 32 players drafted in the first round of every draft, the average career of an NFL player is something like four years...so let's say that's at least 128 first round draft picks that are still in the league after four years, less after five...

Half of those 128 are chosen for the offensive side of the ball and the player you chose is Top 20 in two of the most important statistical categories in the game, points and yards. Let alone, versus first round draft picks only, the pick was just fine...

A bust is Jarvis Moss who does nothing. A solid to above average starter, like Moreno, cannot at all be considered a bust.

EMB6903
07-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Nice... lets get back to the statistical argument because saying draft picks arent as important as fans/media make it out to be is well... just stupid

top 20?

can you post that link for me or provide stats?

Not that Im saying you are wrong but I'd guarentee you majority of those players ahead of him are rb's.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Nice... lets get back to the statistical argument because saying draft picks arent as important as fans/media make it out to be is well... just stupid

top 20?

can you post that link for me or provide stats?

Not that Im saying you are wrong but I'd guarentee you majority of those players ahead of him are rb's.

Where, exactly did I say draft picks weren't important? I said fans, agents and media put too much importance on first round draft picks. There's a very large difference between those two statements.

As for the stats. They are true. Look them up yourself, that's what I did. Moreno is No. 21 in yards from scrimmage and No. 12 in touchdowns in the last two years.

That's not a bust. That's a solid player.

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Moreno for some reason doesn't pass the smell test....yet.

I am always wary on black people with latin names. Glenn Martinez was a star in a more traditional way.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 12:31 AM
That smell was offensive playcalling and inconsistent substitution patterns...

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 12:34 AM

And maybe a dude who was a little entitled and partied a little hard. Not judging. I would have snorted the endline if I was in his shoes.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 12:39 AM

And maybe a dude who was a little entitled and partied a little hard. Not judging. I would have snorted the endline if I was in his shoes.

Tru Dat

BeefStew25
07-26-2011, 12:45 AM
We are in the trust tree here.

MOtorboat
07-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Just don't hit it while it's passed out beef.