PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins pay Cut

NightTerror218
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Dawkins will restructure and take pay cut....this guy is awesome

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18522715

MileHighCrew
07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
He will be a great mentor for the rookies, Way to step up for the coach Coach Dawkins

Dzone
07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Man, that dude is pure class. I hope we can keep him in the Bronco family for many more years as a coach.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Dawkins will restructure and take pay cut....this guy is awesome

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18522715

That's great to know - this was a common practice among some previous players - Elway to name one.

LordTrychon
07-21-2011, 01:57 PM
That's great to know - this was a common practice among some previous players - Elway to name one.

Elway, Rod, McCaffrey, TD, and Sharpe all restructured at least once, if I remember right. Champ has more recently, I think.

The restructuring isn't much of a loss if any for the player. A paycut's something different entirely. It means he's in touch with reality regarding his career, and he wants to finish here, as he said he would.

slim
07-21-2011, 01:57 PM
He doesn't really have a choice. It's either take less or get nothing.

Still, it will be nice to have his leadership on the field.

NightTerror218
07-21-2011, 02:01 PM
He doesn't really have a choice. It's either take less or get nothing.

Still, it will be nice to have his leadership on the field.

I want him in the locker room and sidelines. He has slowed down but I think he will start 2-3 games before a rookie takes over for him. Unless he plays like he did in 09, pro bowl level.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
This is an OLD article - when Adam Schefter wrote for the Denver Post: :D

Aloha, Adam. When we hear about a player restructuring his contract for salary-cap reasons, I wonder if the player ever ends up losing money. Say an injury cuts short his career, or he gets beat out for his position and gets cut. There has to be some incentive for the player to do it, what with NFL careers being so short just by the nature of the game. Bet you didn't think your job required you to be a capologist.
Jim Rueger, Haleiwa, Hawaii

It all depends, Jim. Every situation is different. In February, Rod Smith restructured his contract but had his deal extended and actually made money on the deal. Sometimes, if a player is not performing up to snuff, the Broncos will approach him about restructuring down. It all depends. The incentive to do it is this: If they don't, the Broncos will cut you. That's what happened with Keith Traylor. The Broncos were interested in him taking a pay cut. He wasn't. Thus, he was cut, before signing with Chicago. Anyway, got to get to crunching salary-cap numbers, capologist that I am. Speak to you all next week.

http://extras.denverpost.com/broncos/mail0405.htm

BroncoStud
07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Dawkins is the man! Glad he is going to remain a Bronco because we need the leadership on defense.