PDA

View Full Version : Video: My Wish -- Tim Tebow

nevcraw
07-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Didnt see this posted.. if I missed it Mods please merge or delete.

"you thow better than me". lol..

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29004/video-my-wish-tim-tebow

Can't help but make even those not sold respect the man..

Bullgator
07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Didnt see this posted.. if I missed it Mods please merge or delete.

"you thow better than me". lol..

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/29004/video-my-wish-tim-tebow

Can't help but make even those not sold respect the man..

lol yea great minds think alike nev!

Benetto
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice story....With all the BS going on with the tremendous amount of greed, hate, and crime throughout the NFL lockout...This is a breath of fresh air.

Eat your heart out James Harrison, you scumbag piece of shit..

Is it just me or did the young man who Tebow met, look a lot like Jeff Garcia?

Bullgator
07-19-2011, 09:38 PM
James Harrison needs to die in a fire. The fact that that pos animal is a millionaire makes me want to stab myself in the eyes with an eggbeater.... and then eggbeat my eyes out.

sneakers
07-20-2011, 12:35 AM
James Harrison needs to die in a fire. The fact that that pos animal is a millionaire makes me want to stab myself in the eyes with an eggbeater.... and then eggbeat my eyes out.

I like the anger in your post, use your anger, it makes you powerful.

vandammage13
07-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I saw near the end of the video that Tim gave the kid the gameball from his first win vs. the Texans. I remember Tim keeping that ball in that Sound FX video on nfl.com. Just goes to show the class act that Tebow is...giving away the gameball from your first win doesn't sound like something most people would do. I'm sure that ball is going to mean more to that boy than it ever would have to Tim.

If this doesn't make you feel great about the character of the guy who will hopefully be leading our team for the next decade, I don't know what will.

MileHighCrew
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
It all comes down to winning in the end and Tebow has to prove he is the man for the job, but it is so easy to cheer for him to succeed. I wish I would have been that humble and giving when I was Tebow's age.

BORDERLINE
07-20-2011, 10:06 AM
A lot of you can question his playing ability but no one can question T.T heart.

rationalfan
07-20-2011, 10:30 AM

gotta disagree. i LOVE a man who speaks his mind, even if it causes contempt in his daily life; even if i disagree with what he says.

too many people (especially the athletes/celebrities we all seem to worship) give us fake smiles, rehearsed quotes and insincere glimpses of lives that they think we want to see. i want the truth. the reality. the passion.

also, gotta point out the irony in your post, which is basically the same thing harrison did - speak his unfiltered mind through a forum. but, he did it without hiding behind a pseudonym (writes the guy using a pseudonym).

still, love your passion, man.

BroncoNut
07-20-2011, 11:52 AM

what did he do that was so bad?

OrangeHoof
07-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Regardless what you think of Tebow the quarterback, there's no question that Tebow, the individual, is a quality person. He understands he has been blessed with great gifts but maintains a humble mindset. I hope he succeeds in Denver but I wish him well regardless.

BroncoNut
07-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Regardless what you think of Tebow the quarterback, there's no question that Tebow, the individual, is a quality person. He understands he has been blessed with great gifts but maintains a humble mindset. I hope he succeeds in Denver but I wish him well regardless.

humble= wussyboy in my book. I hope he fails miserably. I want this clown out of Denver

HORSEPOWER 56
07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
humble= wussyboy in my book. I hope he fails miserably. I want this clown out of Denver

Humble... like Terrell Davis? Yep that clown was a HUGE wuss... :confused:

BroncoNut
07-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Humble... like Terrell Davis? Yep that clown was a HUGE wuss... :confused:

uhh... got sarcasm?

GEM
07-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Hopefully someday soon I can love Tebow the QB as much as I love Tebow the person. Great guy!

MileHighCrew
07-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Hopefully someday soon I can love Tebow the QB as much as I love Tebow the person. Great guy!

what she said!!!

Bullgator
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
gotta disagree. i LOVE a man who speaks his mind, even if it causes contempt in his daily life; even if i disagree with what he says.

too many people (especially the athletes/celebrities we all seem to worship) give us fake smiles, rehearsed quotes and insincere glimpses of lives that they think we want to see. i want the truth. the reality. the passion.

also, gotta point out the irony in your post, which is basically the same thing harrison did - speak his unfiltered mind through a forum. but, he did it without hiding behind a pseudonym (writes the guy using a pseudonym).

still, love your passion, man.

I think you are overestimating the value of speaking your mind. Its not a hard feat. I dont even care what he says so much but its the evil ruthless thug that (IMO) makes him a waste of carbon based matter.

Hes not human. His ears and nutts should be clipped and he should be given over to Vick for some repeated electrocution and a good strangling.

Dzone
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Dang, that was a good video. Made me tear up there...does that make me a wuss? LOL
I love watching Tebow the quarterback. He will be the most exciting and most popular player in the NFL hands down. We should be darn glad he is the QB of the Broncos.
Out of respect for Tebow I have not used one single &%$#ing cussword in this post

NightTerror218
07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Dang, that was a good video. Made me tear up there...does that make me a wuss? LOL
I love watching Tebow the quarterback. He will be the most exciting and most popular player in the NFL hands down. We should be darn glad he is the QB of the Broncos.
Out of respect for Tebow I have not used one single &%$#ing cussword in this post

Great seeing that side of him and then watching the Raider game as he plows over them for 40 yrds, seeing that side of him.

dogfish
07-20-2011, 02:46 PM
meh!

people only like tebow because he's white. . . .

GEM
07-20-2011, 02:49 PM
meh!

Dat der honky can runs him the ball!

*blows on whiskey jug*

:D

Dzone
07-20-2011, 02:55 PM
meh!

Thats true. If he was any other color I would not root for him. No way!:cool:

pnbronco
07-20-2011, 04:01 PM

I so agree Gem. The thing is that they may have filmed this but Tim being Tim would have done what he did that day anyway without a camera on him. He's such a great guy.

I so hope he can become that QB that Denver needs and can stay in Denver a long time. Good story glad I got to see it.

T.K.O.
07-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Hopefully someday soon I can love Tebow !

sorry Gem, i heard he is saving himself for marraige.;)

T.K.O.
07-20-2011, 04:59 PM
well that was an inspiring story. I hope adam continues to recover.
the bad news is Tebow got beat at the arcade by a 16 year old with no motor skills in his left side....what a loser;)
I just cant help but think Tebow will become very good at the NFL level,he does'nt seem capable of being stopped !!!!:beer::elefant::salute:

rationalfan
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I think you are overestimating the value of speaking your mind. Its not a hard feat. I dont even care what he says so much but its the evil ruthless thug that (IMO) makes him a waste of carbon based matter.

Hes not human. His ears and nutts should be clipped and he should be given over to Vick for some repeated electrocution and a good strangling.

says an evil ruthless internet thug.

or at least, that's how it's to interpret you given scant information. regardless, i'd rather have morons/thugs/whomever speak freely and openly than smart/polite/approved people talk with so much tact and diplomacy they don't say a damn thing.

Dzone
07-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I thought what harrison said was hilarious..calling Goodell the devil was classic! hahaha...If harrison wa s playing in the days of Dick Butkus he would NEVER be called a dirty player... Now They have watered the game down so bad its ridiculous...If Butkus was playing today they would kick him out of the game for his brutal play that was so applauded in his day...

OrangeHoof
07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
the bad news is Tebow got beat at the arcade by a 16 year old with no motor skills in his left side....what a loser;)

Yeah, LeBron would have probably dunked in his face and told him no retard honky was going to beat his ass.

Humble people learn than sometimes losing to those with obvious disabilities is going to mean far more to the disabled person than it would to an able-bodied person. That's why Philip Rivers wins so often - opponents feel sorry for him.

EastCoastBronco
07-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Just give the kid a full season to prove himself.
That's all I ask.
I just want us to be able to score 7's again when we get inside the 10 yard line.
Remember those days?
I do...

BroncoStud
07-22-2011, 05:27 PM
How can anyone NOT want Tebow to be our guy? I mean can you really think of an athlete coming out of college in the past 20 years that inspires you with his character as much as Tim does?

His work ethic, his character, his talent... I like this dude more and more every day that he's a Bronco. I wasn't happy with the draft pick when it took place but I'm really glad it did, in hindsight.

I think when it is all said and done, the ONE thing that Josh hit a homerun on will be Tim Tebow, I really do. He isn't conventional, but to be honest, how many conventional QBs make it in the NFL? 5%? I'm all for Tim being the guy for the next 15 years. He will be a great face for this organization and I guarantee you John Elway knows that.

NightTerror218
07-22-2011, 05:36 PM
How can anyone NOT want Tebow to be our guy? I mean can you really think of an athlete coming out of college in the past 20 years that inspires you with his character as much as Tim does?

His work ethic, his character, his talent... I like this dude more and more every day that he's a Bronco. I wasn't happy with the draft pick when it took place but I'm really glad it did, in hindsight.

I think when it is all said and done, the ONE thing that Josh hit a homerun on will be Tim Tebow, I really do. He isn't conventional, but to be honest, how many conventional QBs make it in the NFL? 5%? I'm all for Tim being the guy for the next 15 years. He will be a great face for this organization and I guarantee you John Elway knows that.

I hope we have a good backup cause he is going to take some hits running the ball.

Dzone
07-22-2011, 09:59 PM
I would like to see Tebow do Adams campfire touchdown dance after a touchdown this fall. That would be cool

nevcraw
07-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I hope we have a good backup cause he is going to take some hits running the ball.

heard Farve is available.

Sinthor
07-27-2011, 01:58 AM
lol yea great minds think alike nev!

He really seems natural and genuine with this kid. I've seen a good number of athletes do this kind of thing and seem a little bit unsure of themselves. Probably all that time working with kids and orphans in the Philippines. Regardless..a good video and a good thing.

It's so tough NOT to root for this guy. Being talented and exciting athletically and then being what appears to be just a good, genuine and humble guy can't help but make you hope he achieves all that he wants to. I hope he does! The Broncos would be well on their way if can can improve and play even HALF as well as he wants to.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Check this out-LOL..This guy says Tebow is not easy to like...
Tebow sacked in Rolling Stone article
September 10th, 2010,
Tim Tebow, the Christian evangelical-Denver Bronco rookie who appeared in a Super Bowl ad in February sponsored by Focus on the Family, gets hit pretty hard by Matt Taibbi, normally a political writer, in a Rolling Stone story to hit news stands Sept. 16. The piece is called “Look Out for Tebow.”

The article is pretty harsh on both Tebow and Colorado Springs.

Here is a sampling:

“Tim Tebow’s hyper-Christian aw-shucks persona is not easy to like, and the fact that it so perfectly fits in with the huge masses of gay-hating Focus on the Family types in Colorado (remember Ted Haggard!) makes the whole Broncos picture doubly unappealing.”

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/09/tim_tebow_rolling_stones_matt_taibbi_reluctantly_p redicts_big_things_for_kid_jesus.php

MOtorboat
07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Check this out-LOL..This guy says Tebow is not easy to like...
Tebow sacked in Rolling Stone article
September 10th, 2010,
Tim Tebow, the Christian evangelical-Denver Bronco rookie who appeared in a Super Bowl ad in February sponsored by Focus on the Family, gets hit pretty hard by Matt Taibbi, normally a political writer, in a Rolling Stone story to hit news stands Sept. 16. The piece is called “Look Out for Tebow.”

The article is pretty harsh on both Tebow and Colorado Springs.

Here is a sampling:

“Tim Tebow’s hyper-Christian aw-shucks persona is not easy to like, and the fact that it so perfectly fits in with the huge masses of gay-hating Focus on the Family types in Colorado (remember Ted Haggard!) makes the whole Broncos picture doubly unappealing.”

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/09/tim_tebow_rolling_stones_matt_taibbi_reluctantly_p redicts_big_things_for_kid_jesus.php

Why didn't you quote the second excerpt?

There's a dreary kind of logic to Tebow stepping in late in the year and shoving all our noses in how wrong we were about him. Or he could be an epic bust like Lions QB Andre Ware, but I don't think so.

I think anyone that has ever read Rolling Stone would expect a writer based in New York, who probably never leaves Metropolis, to take a pot-shot at both religion and the middle of the country. Reality is, and I don't want to talk politics in the sports forum, but Colorado is pretty liberal these days.

Dzone
07-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I posted it because it was ******* funny, man

BroncoNut
07-29-2011, 10:55 AM
well, the video won't play for some reason, but I kinda like that commercial where Tim says the following;

they said I couldn't play quarterback at the college level
they said I wouldn't win a national championship
they said I wouldn't be a first round draft pick
they are saying I won't be an NFL quarterback

Keep going with it Tim