PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' player workout features coach John Fox's playbook

Denver Native (Carol)
07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
There were so many Broncos attending the players' workout session today in Highlands Ranch, quarterback Brady Quinn lined them up to run a few pass plays. It was the first time this summer the Broncos lined up for a few plays from new head coach John Fox's playbook.

J.D. Walton delivered shotgun snaps from center. Russ Hochstein , Zane Beadles , Chris Kuper and Ryan Harris worked on their pass-blocking steps, as did Jeff Byers and Chris Clark.

Richard Quinn and Dan Gronkowski , who will be the Broncos' starting tight ends this season, ran pass routes, as did receiver Matt Willis. Lance Ball blocked and ran routes from his tailback spot.

"We just went through a couple plays from the 2-minute offense," Quinn said.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos2009/ci_18507259?source=rss

nevcraw
07-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I will be beyond shocked if Quinn and Gronkowski both make it out of training camp let alone starting.

Shananahan
07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Why wouldn't Gronkowski make the team? I realize it's not saying much, but I thought he was by far the best TE on the team last season. I won't be surprised at all if we carry four TEs, and I bet at least one of the starters is already named in this thread.

silkamilkamonico
07-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Quinn and Gronkowski probably start by default. I'm not expecting much of anything from the rookies selected. Then again I'm not exactly expecting much of anything from Quinn or Gronkowski.

Lonestar
07-19-2011, 06:05 PM
hey the TE on staff as we speak are not going to be SHannon SHarpe, so get used to the TE spot being a much lesser role that when John Boy was back there..

SoCalImport
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
there's still some sort of free agency period to go through. I think that both above named TEs make the squad but there's definitely a chance for a signing to change-up out 2011 outlook at the position. I for one wouldn't mind Kevin Boss as a Bronco.

NightTerror218
07-19-2011, 07:51 PM
there's still some sort of free agency period to go through. I think that both above named TEs make the squad but there's definitely a chance for a signing to change-up out 2011 outlook at the position. I for one wouldn't mind Kevin Boss as a Bronco.

I would love for Boss to be a Bronco....always liked him.

RebelRocker
07-20-2011, 12:45 AM
I will be beyond shocked if Quinn and Gronkowski both make it out of training camp let alone starting.

I think you're going to be surprised by the outcome of camp. Not saying that either will be starters, but atleast it's re-assuring that some players are trying to run through the playbook in their own practices.

nevcraw
07-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I think you're going to be surprised by the outcome of camp. Not saying that either will be starters, but atleast it's re-assuring that some players are trying to run through the playbook in their own practices.

I will be def suprised if they don't upgrade from atleast one of them and it was a little early for the press to call them starters considering we had some of the weakest TE play in the NFL. but yes it's great that they are working at their craft!

Dzone
07-20-2011, 11:39 PM
so not all the players have shown up yet? why the hell not? Is moreno here yet? I would think that time is of the essence and there is no time for messing around. I mean, if I am getting paid $10 Milliion a year I think I would get my ass to denver to practice with my team.
The teams with the most players showing up and working together would seem to have an advantage and head start. This is a very different type of season. Last years records you can throw out the window.

MOtorboat
07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
so not all the players have shown up yet? why the hell not? Is moreno here yet? I would think that time is of the essence and there is no time for messing around. I mean, if I am getting paid $10 Milliion a year I think I would get my ass to denver to practice with my team.
The teams with the most players showing up and working together would seem to have an advantage and head start. This is a very different type of season. Last years records you can throw out the window.

And the hatred comes down on Moreno.

Shocking,

What about Tebow? Why not bitch about his lack of presence at the practice? After all it was the "terrible" Brady Quinn who led the first team workout using a playbook...

Damn, Tim should have been much more on top of this than Brady Quinn...right?

The outrage over players not being at these practices is just dumb. They will all be there when it counts.

nevcraw
09-03-2011, 01:42 PM

cough: BUMP :listen:

Slick
09-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Good call nevcraw.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
09-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Nervnostradamus.