PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a reason?

MOtorboat
11-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Can I get a reason why I was temporarily banned>

Tned
11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
As I have announced recently, I am not involved with ban decisions anymore, the mods do that. However, I am supposed to be notifed if someone was banned, and I haven't been. Are you sure you were banned, or were you not able to get on during the server outage I posted about?

LordTrychon
11-09-2008, 12:23 AM
You shouldn't go around attacking huge a huge metropolis.

MOtorboat
11-09-2008, 12:24 AM
As I have announced recently, I am not involved with ban decisions anymore, the mods do that. However, I am supposed to be notifed if someone was banned, and I haven't been. Are you sure you were banned, or were you not able to get on during the server outage I posted about?

I received a message that I was banned from the web site for flaming. I received it for about 15-20 minutes at 11 p.m.

MOtorboat
11-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Can someone show me the post that is going to get me banned? Because I've been threatened with such by topscribe.

MOtorboat
11-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Hello?

Tned
11-09-2008, 12:29 AM
You might want to take it private, MB. General discussions about rules and modding is one thing and is encouraged in Town Hall discussions, specifically questioning actions, is not.

Tned
11-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I received a message that I was banned from the web site for flaming. I received it for about 15-20 minutes at 11 p.m.

If that's the case, you were probably banned, and when the server transferred from the old hardware to the temp new hardware, I think some posts and probably your ban was lost, as it was being moved to the new hardware.

I suggest you discuss it with Top or one of the other mods, as to why, and you are free to PM or email me.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-09-2008, 12:35 AM
You and Lex were getting into it in another thread. Just silly flaming and name calling. Something beneath ya both! You and him were temporarily banned, and then the outage happened. If we're back on the old server, the ban probably didn't transfer.

Just what I saw, IMHO. Sorry if I shouldn't say this.

MOtorboat
11-09-2008, 12:38 AM
You and Lex were getting into it in another thread. Just silly flaming and name calling. Something beneath ya both! You and him were temporarily banned, and then the outage happened. If we're back on the old server, the ban probably didn't transfer.

Just what I saw, IMHO. Sorry if I shouldn't say this.

I tried not to get into it with him, but he persisted, without any moderation. Yet, I'm the one punished for it. Big f'n surprise. I reported it, as I've been told to do and nothing happened.

Tned
11-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I was just informed that the ban was a short one, that was instituted and lifted by a mod, because they could not keep up with you and Lex. It was lifted by the mods after they had a chance to clean up the thread, and in hopes you guys would cool down. It wasn't related to the server outage.

If there are any other specifics about this, it needs to be discussed via PM, since as I said, Town Hall Discussions are to discuss rules and procedures in 'general', not specific instances.

I am closing the thread now.