PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT SERVER UPDATE: I have just been informed that there could be some server downtime

Tned
11-08-2008, 03:38 PM
The hosting company where BroncosForums' server is located is having some problems. They are gong to have to move servers around, and perform some hardware replacements and upgrades. It is possible that we will see some downtime while this is being done.

I don't have exact details beyond this, other than they are doing some emergency work right now.

Hopefully, our downtime will be limited to a couple 'short' outages.

I'll keep you updated as I am updated.

T

WARHORSE
11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for letting us know.........you know how frustrating it can be when things arent going the way we WANT them to...........lol.

Tned
11-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Update: We just had a brief outage, and some errors when tryiing to give High Fives, as we were temporarily moved to a new server, while they do their work. At some point, not sure when, we will have another brief outage, not sure if it will be tonight or tomorrow, but then hopefully things will be back to normal.

Tned
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
We have now been down most of today. Thankfully, the Broncos played on Thursday this week.

The host has had massive problems and has many, many customers down. Some have been down for three days.

I'm looking at ways to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'll provide a further update soon.

T

BCJ
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
good timing at least we didnt play today. If this keeps up, Orange Mane will need a BroncosForums Refugee Sign In thread. Just crash another 5 times this season and it could be coming.

Tned
11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
good timing at least we didnt play today. If this keeps up, Orange Mane will need a BroncosForums Refugee Sign In thread. Just crash another 5 times this season and it could be coming.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

It's going to cost me a pretty penny, but I am working on something to hopefully make things a lot more stable and make this much less likely in the future.

Kapaibro
11-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought that might have been the issue. It sucks not being able to log on!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

It's going to cost me a pretty penny, but I am working on something to hopefully make things a lot more stable and make this much less likely in the future.

Maybe we could all help you with that "pretty penny"

Tned
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Maybe we could all help you with that "pretty penny"

Yea, after this, I might need that. First things, first. Need to get things stable. Then, figure that out. Thanks for thinking about it.

BCJ
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I know this one guy that will solicit the crap out of your members until they feel are forced to give until it hurts. Goes by BB over at OM. I think he does it for free for the torture it brings on the members. Ok, maybe not the torture part. Just let me know when you are having the fund drive so I can hide out for a month and act like i didnt know about it. :)

Tned
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
I know this one guy that will solicit the crap out of your members until they feel are forced to give until it hurts. Goes by BB over at OM. I think he does it for free for the torture it brings on the members. Ok, maybe not the torture part. Just let me know when you are having the fund drive so I can hide out for a month and act like i didnt know about it. :)

Yea, he's a good salesman, he got me to pony up, and the Mane isn't even my main board. :lol:

DenBronx
11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
TNED ive been having trouble signing in for the past 2 days. is there anymore downtime to be expected in the near future?

Day1BroncoFan
11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
TNED ive been having trouble signing in for the past 2 days. is there anymore downtime to be expected in the near future?

Check this out.

The company I am with has a lot of customers with problems. I am in the process of rectifying things. It will possibly be another day or two of this, before I can address it fully. I have a new server (different company), being brought online as we speak, but I have to do some testing/config before I can move the site to it.