PDA

View Full Version : Per @AdamSchefter: NFLPA contacting Brady plaintiffs about settlement

Tned
07-17-2011, 09:19 PM
This should be another sign we are getting real close.

RT @AdamSchefter: NFLPA has begun contacting some, if not all, of 10 plaintiffs in Brady vs. NFL case about a settlement - a necessary step to end lockout.

Along with this gem:

RT @AdamSchefter: RT @mortreport: The line of NFL negotiations came Friday when Jerry Jones told negotiators, "We're down to circumsizing mosquitoes."

underrated29
07-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Is that an old cliche. Wtf does circumcising mosquitoes mean

Canmore
07-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Is that an old cliche. Wtf does circumcising mosquitoes mean

I think it means there into minutia.

Tned
07-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Here's one from Lombardi:

RT @VicLombardi: I'm told by a Broncos source the new NFL labore deal expected to be ratified this Tuesday and announced on Thursday. Bout time!

Tned
07-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Another Schefter Twitty update:

RT @AdamSchefter: Lawyers drafting language in NY, NFL/NFLPA leaders meeting in DC; all trying to finalize agreement to get both sides to ratify by Thursday.

LordTrychon
07-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Not sure if this has been confirmed before, but Mort says new CBA will be for 10 years.

That's awesome news.

MileHighCrew
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
The next 3 weeks are going to be awesome. I should take vacation time form work to spend more time on here.

Dean
07-18-2011, 11:50 AM
In order for the NFLPA to ratify by Thursday won't there have to be a NFLPA? That is short notice to recertify unless the papers have already been signed. If they have already been signed then they did not really ever decertify. Is that legal?

This gets so confusing.

LordTrychon
07-18-2011, 12:16 PM
In order for the NFLPA to ratify by Thursday won't there have to be a NFLPA? That is short notice to recertify unless the papers have already been signed. If they have already been signed then they did not really ever decertify. Is that legal?

This gets so confusing.

I think they've probably got the paperwork in line to recertify quickly... and I heard they are planning on a vote from players on Wed.