PDA

View Full Version : Why Mcdaniels was doomed from the start

broncoFan!
07-17-2011, 04:51 PM
I believe for several reasons that Mcd was doomed from the start as soon as he set foot in Denver. Why? It was his Bellichick ideology that blinded him and ensured that he would eventually get the can. I have several reasons why I believe Mcd was doomed to start with and here's why:

1. Trading away Cutler and drafting offense. I'm not a huge Cutler fanboy so don't lump me into that group puh-lease. I am a Broncos fanboy first and a Tebow fanboy second. So in the end I am immensely glad that we traded away Cutler who appeared to be a pouter/whiner. But imagine if we had kept Cutler, what he would have been able to do with Mcdaniels QB guru mind. Not only that but Mcdaniels spent one of the Cutler picks on Tebow I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) when he should have drafted for our defensive line or a defensive tackle. He should have continued to work with B. Marsh like Rod Smith was doing and helping him out instead of using another first round on Demaryius Thomas when he had playmakers like Scheffler and Marshall on the field.

2. His NE ideology led him to take everything from a NE standpoint. He didn't seem to care about Denver's rivals like San Diego & especially Oakland. He underprepared and then to top it off he fistpumped in ridiculous situations like when we had scored 1 TD against SD in the first 2 minutes of the game only to get slaughtered by them later 35-14. He tried to bring in old washups like Laurence Maroney in to Denver when in reality they could barely get inches in a failed power blocking system. He changed the zone blocking system to a power blocking system which was a complete failure. Same with his switch from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense.

3. Whether or not it was his ego he had a hard time getting along with big names in Denver. Brandon Marshall. Jay Cutler. Mike Nolan. Tony Scheffler. Even Champ Bailey said that "Things seemed to work out once Mcdaniels left didn't they?" Coming from one of the greatest pro-bowl CB's and the greatest CB of Denver Broncos history. He couldn't seem to agree with those who knew better than him. He got rid of a great d-cooridnator aka Mike Nolan and he wasted draft picks on uneeded WR's like DT when we had BM and whatnot. I don't even care about the whole Cutler trade so much. It was the way he blew out those trades for offense when we desperately needed defense upgrades which he tried to do through free agency.

There are many more reasons why I believe Mcd was a failure but these are the 3 primary reasons that I could come up with.

LTC Pain
07-17-2011, 04:52 PM
OMG! Another McD thread! Why???????

broncoFan!
07-17-2011, 04:54 PM
OMG! Another McD thread! Why???????

:laugh: Because I was reading through the "Todd Haley thought J. Mcd was cheating" thread & I noticed that some people actually support Mcdaniels. :shocked:

Ravage!!!
07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
why he was doomed from the start? Simple. His ego.

He thinks he's too smart for everyone else.
He believes he 'deserves' the same respect that Belicheck has earned.
He doesn't know how to get along with anyone.
He sucks as a HC.

BeefStew25
07-17-2011, 06:14 PM
His wife wanted Hillis' crank.

rationalfan
07-17-2011, 06:33 PM
I love reading posts that regurgitate information and pretend it's new.

Dzone
07-17-2011, 07:04 PM
I love reading posts that regurgitate information and pretend it's new.
Hell, I dont care if its new or not. I thought it was a damn good read. Good post broncofan. Thats all I got to say

LawDog
07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Hell, I dont care if its new or not. I thought it was a damn good read. Good post broncofan. Thats all I got to say

I agree, except you need to delete the term "fanboy" from any post you put up in the future. Reading it more than once was like fingernails on a chalkboard...

BroncoWave
07-17-2011, 07:26 PM
:laugh: Because I was reading through the "Todd Haley thought J. Mcd was cheating" thread & I noticed that some people actually support Mcdaniels. :shocked:

Not everyone goes along with the hivemind on here when it comes to McD. I think other than JR no one had a problem with him being fired, but that doesn't mean he's a complete functional retard. Even though I think his firing was justified, I'm going to call out what I feel is over the top criticism when I see it.

Tned
07-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Not everyone goes along with the hivemind on here when it comes to McD. I think other than JR no one had a problem with him being fired, but that doesn't mean he's a complete functional retard. Even though I think his firing was justified, I'm going to call out what I feel is over the top criticism when I see it.

The key to that whole paragraph of yours are the words "I feel is over the top." Just like with your Hillis anti-crusade, you feel you can be the judge, jury, executioner, and of course God, when it comes to determining what is over the top criticism, or praise with players you don't like. Must be nice having such divine powers... ;)

BroncoWave
07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
The key to that whole paragraph of yours are the words "I feel is over the top." Just like with your Hillis anti-crusade, you feel you can be the judge, jury, executioner, and of course God, when it comes to determining what is over the top criticism, or praise with players you don't like. Must be nice having such divine powers... ;)

Tned get off your ****ing high horse. I realize you are the admin so you are above the rules on here, but that doesn't make your continual personal attacks on me justified.

The key word to what you quoted is "I feel". If you're seriously going to gripe because I call a post "over the top" then you are just being a douche to be a douche. I mean really? I'm not allowed to call a post over the top then give my opinion as to why I think it's over the top? Give me a break.

Tned
07-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Tned get off your ****ing high horse. I realize you are the admin so you are above the rules on here, but that doesn't make your continual personal attacks on me justified.

The key word to what you quoted is "I feel". If you're seriously going to gripe because I call a post "over the top" then you are just being a douche to be a douche. I mean really? I'm not allowed to call a post over the top then give my opinion as to why I think it's over the top? Give me a break.

"I feel" you are constantly rude and baiting to people you disagree with about McDaniels and Hillis. Don't my feelings matter as much as yours? You say your opinion about other people's posts is valid, but my voicing my opinion about your posts makes me a douche?

Wow, how unfair.

UnderArmour
07-17-2011, 08:20 PM

When people seriously refer to the Kansas City win as an instance of cheating by McDaniels or even imply that "cheating" had anything to do with the win, then yes, it is over the top. The game plan for both Kansas City games was good(although the second one the wind simply prohibited passing) and to discredit McDaniels for either of those games is a stretch. There are several reasons to criticize McDaniels for his personnel moves, but the whole "Spygate" and "cheating" crap is overblown. From what I observed, he was a solid coach. The team was in the position to win most of its games under McDaniels last year but they didn't pull them out. Hell, if we'd had Elvis, it's likely we would have even made the playoffs and McDaniels would have gotten another year.

Ravage!!!
07-17-2011, 08:26 PM
From what I observed, he was a solid coach. The team was in the position to win most of its games under McDaniels last year but they didn't pull them out. Hell, if we'd had Elvis, it's likely we would have even made the playoffs and McDaniels would have gotten another year.

Wait.. what? So you think that Elvis is the difference between a 4 win team, and a 10 win team?

What was he solid at?

Lonestar
07-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Good post UA but get your fire suit out as the flames will be a coming.

The spy gate was completely overblown but the straw that broke Pats back. The media piled on and drove the fan support to an all time low.

Most everyone here got there fondest dreams.

Tned
07-17-2011, 08:49 PM
When people seriously refer to the Kansas City win as an instance of cheating by McDaniels or even imply that "cheating" had anything to do with the win, then yes, it is over the top. The game plan for both Kansas City games was good(although the second one the wind simply prohibited passing) and to discredit McDaniels for either of those games is a stretch. There are several reasons to criticize McDaniels for his personnel moves, but the whole "Spygate" and "cheating" crap is overblown. From what I observed, he was a solid coach. The team was in the position to win most of its games under McDaniels last year but they didn't pull them out. Hell, if we'd had Elvis, it's likely we would have even made the playoffs and McDaniels would have gotten another year.

Well, making the case that Doom was the difference between making the playoffs and the 2nd overall pick is a bit of a stretch that not too many people are going to buy.

As to your take on Spygate II and the Chiefs game, I agree. It is, however, a valid topic since Colquitt has stated that is what Haley believes happened, so it isn't like it is some figment of "McDaniels haters" mind. Colquitt and Haley saying it doesn't make it true, but it also is disingenuous to just blame it on McDaniels haters.

As to the other thing, said poster isn't just posting his snide bait-posts in the McDaniels cheating thread, it's a constant anytime anyone criticizes McDaniels. I'm pretty sure McDaniels is a big boy and doesn't need to hide behind any BF member's skirts.

Tned
07-17-2011, 08:50 PM

The spy gate was completely overblown but the straw that broke Pats back. The media piled on and drove the fan support to an all time low.

Fondest dreams, really? You honestly don't think most "here" had fondest dreams that were more along the lines of a third Lombardi trophy?

UnderArmour
07-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Wait.. what? So you think that Elvis is the difference between a 4 win team, and a 10 win team?

What was he solid at?

Yeah, I actually do feel like we at least would have been closer to .500 again with Elvis. Our defense was horrible last year because our front 7 was awful. Without Elvis, we had no real pass rush. Baltimore, Oakland, and San Diego we were going to lose regardless but the other games we were very much competitive despite age and lack of talent. I thought he was a good on the field coach primarily because he was able to keep us half competitive despite his failures with the roster. Trading away Cutler, Marshall, along with the draft miscues and the ex Patriot busts ultimately undid him.

TXBRONC
07-17-2011, 10:10 PM

I don't think so. I believe Dumervil would have helped but there is absolutely no way to quantify it. Besides that half of our games were close enough we could have one or tied at the end and in everyone of them it was the offense that was on the field for the last meaningful possession of the game.

Canmore
07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't think so. I believe Dumervil would have helped but there is absolutely no way to quantify it. Besides that half of our games were close enough we could have one or tied at the end and in everyone of them it was the offense that was on the field for the last meaningful possession of the game.

And they didn't get it done.

TXBRONC
07-17-2011, 10:27 PM
And they didn't get it done.

We won two of those eight games once with Orton (vs. Titans) and once with Tebow (vs. Texans)

Canmore
07-17-2011, 10:48 PM
We won two of those eight games once with Orton (vs. Titans) and once with Tebow (vs. Texans)

I knew that would garner a response. We want better.

nevcraw
07-17-2011, 10:55 PM

are you drunk or just dillusional? Only you would condone the worst coaching job in broncos history.

BroncoWave
07-17-2011, 11:21 PM
"I feel" you are constantly rude and baiting to people you disagree with about McDaniels and Hillis. Don't my feelings matter as much as yours? You say your opinion about other people's posts is valid, but my voicing my opinion about your posts makes me a douche?

Wow, how unfair.

If you think my posts are against the rules either hit the report button, discuss it via PM, or politely shove it. Like I said, I realize you are above the rules being admin and all, and it's clear that you are taking advantage of that. Pretty easy for you to do the exact same things you constantly berate me for doing when you get to hide behind those powers.

BroncoWave
07-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Also saying "I feel you (insert personal attack here)" is not even in the same ballpark as saying "I feel your posts are over the top". I think even you are smart enough to see that.

Tned
07-17-2011, 11:26 PM
If you think my posts are against the rules either hit the report button, discuss it via PM, or politely shove it. Like I said, I realize you are above the rules being admin and all, and it's clear that you are taking advantage of that. Pretty easy for you to do the exact same things you constantly berate me for doing when you get to hide behind those powers.

Ditto on the hitting report and shoving it.

Sorry you don't think I should have the same right to voice my "opinion" and "feelings" about your posts as you do about other people's posts. Seems like you are claiming I should comply to some stricter set of rules than you do. That hardly seems fair.

Tned
07-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Also saying "I feel you (insert personal attack here)" is not even in the same ballpark as saying "I feel your posts are over the top". I think even you are smart enough to see that.

I think and "feel" that you saying "even you are smart enough to see that" is clearly a personal attack, in the form of a back handed slam. I guess you have again proven you are above the rules. You must be one of those admin guys...

TXBRONC
07-17-2011, 11:29 PM
are you drunk or just dillusional? Only you would condone the worst coaching job in broncos history.

Well he did say that he believes Denver was on the right track with McDaniels. The record says otherwise but I guess that's neither here nor there.

sneakers
07-18-2011, 05:32 AM
He didn't win enough games?

claymore
07-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Suck it McDaniels!!!

BroncoJoe
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
The media piled on and drove the fan support to an all time low.

You are going to blame the media on the fan support being low? I suppose you're right. Their record over the last two years has nothing to do with that. :rollseyes: