PDA

View Full Version : The definitive answer to the Broncos problems

Gimpygod
11-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I recently wrote the following and I believe it really fits the Broncos current situation:

"The wise man can tell the difference between a burden and a gift.
The wiser man knows they are one and the same separated only by an
individual's perspective and willingness to overcome." -- Lance Carr"

Don't get me wrong, I hate the injuries but maybe we have people buried on the roster who can make this a better team than we were. For some reason coaches become very narrow sighted and exclude players who go on to do awesome things (Dan Reeves and Shannon Sharpe are an excellent example). Another thing they do is categorize people because of height or some other physical attribute and move them from their natural position even though they might be nasty good at their preferred job (call me crazy but my gut says Larson would wreak some serious devastation at middle linebacker). Or Patrick Hillis, for example, could be extremely effective as a running back carrying the ball 15-20 per game with an additional five catches but was never allowed such an opportunity because he looks like the love child of the Incredible Hulk and Elvis. (This reminds me, I vote we call him, "hunk-a hunk-a burn'in love!")

Maybe I'm looking for the silver lining to keep myself from going into a deep blue funk but I do believe a true "mastermind" should be able to adapt and use the tools available to accomplish much. Also, the players need to not be quitters or act defeated during a game. They need to appreciate the amazing physical gifts they have and are praised for; those same gifts are nothing more than junk if not utilized to their fullest potential.
In summary, move the nastiest players possible to defense and blitz more often and more aggressively than Germany on London during World War II, keep 22 at running back and forget the fullback position. Keep pounding at them on offense and then unleash the Royal Marshall plan!!

Lonestar
11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I think ,mikey gets caught up in the hype of say bringing in folks that look good and hyping them so he is going to give them the first and lasting chance to lose the job.. and if say a Hillis is not breaking down the DL with his carries he is relegated to playing where MIKEY thought he should be at eh beginning of the season..

Perhaps Hillis did so good because the DC have no book on him yet..

The kid was good enough to start at AR until they brought in Mcfadden and how do you not start him over a mere mortal as well as the other kid they brought in..

I do not think they were unhappy with his play just had a chance to pick up Mc Fadden and Jones IIRC..

He had the ability to play any where and Mc fadden did not so he played quite a bit in those other positions while Jones and Mc fadden ran wild..

I had though if the kid would get the opportunity he would be a stud.. He is big, fast enough and has hands so would not have to come out on 3rd down..

Perhaps all the injuries will allow him some touches and between him and torain next year will solve those pesky RB issues we have had since poorti$$$ left..