PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Fox's QB history suggests Tebow will be his choice

broncobryce
07-14-2011, 09:04 PM
By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820c7109/article/foxs-qb-history-suggests-tebow-will-be-his-choice

(there are also a few more Tebow articles linked in if you click above)

If John Fox is sticking to his preference of wanting a "gamer" as his starting quarterback, Po the decision over who should open the regular season under center for the Denver Broncos is a no-brainer.

The answer is Tim Tebow.

That's right. The second-year pro with only three career starts and the quirky throwing motion should be the one that Fox tabs to lead the franchise out of the doldrums.

Bullgator
07-14-2011, 09:32 PM
=) :beer:

NightTerror218
07-15-2011, 12:38 PM
By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820c7109/article/foxs-qb-history-suggests-tebow-will-be-his-choice

(there are also a few more Tebow articles linked in if you click above)

If John Fox is sticking to his preference of wanting a "gamer" as his starting quarterback, then the decision over who should open the regular season under center for the Denver Broncos is a no-brainer.

The answer is Tim Tebow.

That's right. The second-year pro with only three career starts and the quirky throwing motion should be the one that Fox tabs to lead the franchise out of the doldrums.

I hear everyone pounding the Vet QB fact with Fox but I forgot Delhomme was a young QB too that Fox started.

Buckin' Gator
07-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Tebow's history shows that he will out work and out prepare all others to get where he wants to be.

My responses to the statements:

"Tebow has all of the intangibles -- a natural leader - a winning pedigree - a strong work ethic - toughness - charisma - endeared to his teammates - a clutch player - a penchant for rising to the occasion. Tebow displayed those traits last season while leading the Broncos to a (17+ pts) come-from-behind victory."

BG - Yep, a Gator Homer could not have said it any better, or be more correct either. :listen:

"This was a defining moment for Tebow because it showcased the "it" factor that earned him high praise from scouts and coaches prior to the 2010 NFL Draft."

BG - But wait! I thought that everyone agreed that ALL of the other Pro Teams and/or Draft Scouts thought that Tim was destined to be a 4th rounder as a FB, and that Denver was stupid/crazy for taking him in the 1st round??? :rolleyes:

"it is confirmation that he has the moxie to orchestrate a turnaround in Denver."

BG - Do tell.... :confused:

"If history serves as an indicator of what Fox will do at quarterback, then the high value of Tebow's intangible qualities puts him at the front of the line."

BG - Maybe Tim will do for Fox's career, what he did for Urban Meyer's? :salute:

"As an old-school, defensive-minded coach, Fox views quarterback play through a different prism. He has a preference for smart and tough player, rather than a flame-thrower with outstanding physical (mechanics & footwork) tools."

BG - Sounds good/right to me. :beer:

"Offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and RB's coach (and former interim head coach) Eric Studesville, in particular, were instrumental in getting Tebow on the field last season and their knowledge of his game will help them 'tailor the offense' to fit his skill set."

This is ALL coming together guys. Broncos and Gators will likely find some very solid common ground by the end of the 2011 season. The Tebow bandwagon has room for everyone,,,, and the more the merrier.... :welcome:

The Glue Factory
07-15-2011, 05:51 PM
The Tebow bandwagon has room for everyone,,,, and the more the merrier.... :welcome:

Too bad this is a Broncos Bandwagon. There's room for all the Tebow-ites, as long as they understand the Broncos are more important than Tebow. Thankfully it wasn't this bad when Elway was acquired.

TXBRONC
07-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I hear everyone pounding the Vet QB fact with Fox but I forgot Delhomme was a young QB too that Fox started.

That is true but the job wasn't just handed to him he had to be out Rodney Peete.

NightTerror218
07-15-2011, 06:11 PM
That is true but the job wasn't just handed to him he had to be out Rodney Peete.

I feel a deja vu with that go around and this one......:shocked::confused:

but last time it took 2 years for Sb appearance :shocked:

Dzone
07-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Elway said he wants to see Tebow in the Hall Of fame. Hey, what about Orton? lol

broncobryce
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Elway said he wants to see Tebow in the Hall Of fame. Hey, what about Orton? lol

He's obviously insanely jealous of Kyle Orton.

Canmore
07-15-2011, 08:53 PM

How old was Peete at this time?

MOtorboat
07-15-2011, 10:19 PM

Delhomme was 27, Peete was 36. Delhomme became a professional in 1997, won the starting job in 2002 with Carolina. Kyle Orton is 28.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kyle Orton will be the starter come the first game.

Dzone
07-16-2011, 07:35 AM
He's obviously insanely jealous of Kyle Orton.

Hahaha, Orton should do a Jay Cutler and site that quote by Elway as his reason for demanding a trade. That quote by Elway about hoping Tebow makes the HOF went pretty much unnoticed, but imagine if Cutler was in Ortons shoes. Cutler would have thrown a conniption fit.

TXBRONC
07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
How old was Peete at this time?

He was 37 at tthe time.

broncobryce
07-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Delhomme was 27, Peete was 36. Delhomme became a professional in 1997, won the starting job in 2002 with Carolina. Kyle Orton is 28.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Kyle Orton will be the starter come the first game.

Me too. For the Vikings.:D

TXBRONC
07-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Me too. For the Vikings.:D

Or the Cardinals. :nod:

broncobryce
07-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Or the Cardinals. :nod:

Or the Redskins:eek:

TXBRONC
07-16-2011, 11:46 AM

That would be ironic.

Canmore
07-17-2011, 02:44 AM
I don't think this is nearly the same position Fox was in when he named Delhomme the starter in Carolina. Delhomme was 27, Peete was 36. Delhomme became a professional in 1997, won the starting job in 2002. Kyle Orton is 28 and Tebow is a second year player with just three starts and a lot of questions. If Orton stays which I don't suspect he will, I think he starts. I just don't see us keeping Kyle Orton to back up Tim Tebow with a nine million dollar contract and then him walking in 2012 and we get nothing.

nevcraw
07-17-2011, 10:56 AM

doubt it.. KO is too slow to run a bootleg.

chazoe60
07-17-2011, 11:02 AM
One big problem I see with keeping Orton is the fact that he can't run an offense tailored to Tebow and Tebow can't (for now anyway) run an offense tailored to Orton. Keeping Orton, who has proven not to be any kind of mentor or teacher, does nothing for the development of Tebow and really does nothing for the future of this franchise.

Keeping Orton is a mistake on all fronts in my opinion.

atwater27
07-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Keeping Orton, who has proven not to be any kind of mentor or teacher, does nothing for the development of Tebow and really does nothing for the future of this franchise.

Where is it in his contract does it state he must mentor, teach, train and develop the guy drafted to take his job? Would you?
This is the NFL, not some utopian dream. As an NFL QB you make it on your own merit; the COACHING STAFF is the teaching unit.

chazoe60
07-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Where is it in his contract does it state he must mentor, teach, train and develop the guy drafted to take his job? Would you?
This is the NFL, not some utopian dream. As an NFL QB you make it on your own merit; the COACHING STAFF is the teaching unit.

Not saying it does say that in his contract. But it's also the FOs job to make sure this franchise is moving in the right direction and since Orton holds no value as a mentor then that should go into his evaluation as to whether or not he remains on this team.

I don't understand why some Bronco fans keep sticking up for this slug. But, then again their were a ton of fans who shit all over Plummer every chance they got and all he ever did for us was win a ton of games. I'll florever be confused as to how any Bronco fan can look at Orton and not just be disgusted that we are stuck with him. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

atwater27
07-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Not saying it does say that in his contract. But it's also the FOs job to make sure this franchise is moving in the right direction and since Orton holds no value as a mentor then that should go into his evaluation as to whether or not he remains on this team.

I don't understand why some Bronco fans keep sticking up for this slug. But, then again their were a ton of fans who shit all over Plummer every chance they got and all he ever did for us was win a ton of games. I'll florever be confused as to how any Bronco fan can look at Orton and not just be disgusted that we are stuck with him. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Dude, I am not exactly sticking up for him. I am simply saying his job is most definitely not QB coach. It is QB. Not one member of the Broncos coaching/ownership expects Orton to mentor Tebow. If they trade Orton, it will be to a team that needs a guy to throw the ball to their receivers, not train his potential replacement.

chazoe60
07-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Dude, I am not exactly sticking up for him. I am simply saying his job is most definitely not QB coach. It is QB. Not one member of the Broncos coaching/ownership expects Orton to mentor Tebow. If they trade Orton, it will be to a team that needs a guy to throw the ball to their receivers, not train his potential replacement.

All I'm saying is that he offers little to no value for the future of this organization other than draft picks he may bring in trade. If he was a guy with similar skill set to TT or a guy who mentors younger players then he would have some additional value to the organization, but he clearly does not. That's all.

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Too bad this is a Broncos Bandwagon. There's room for all the Tebow-ites, as long as they understand the Broncos are more important than Tebow. Thankfully it wasn't this bad when Elway was acquired.

And that's likely a function of a Stanford/Lac10 fans base as compared to an SEC/GatorNation fan base.

And since Tebow IS A BRONCO, that means that the Tebow bandwagon and the Broncos bandwagon, IS THE SAME FREAKIN' WAGON now.:listen:

In my experience, there are more 'olden-daze' Gator/Bronco fans than some of you might be aware of. Many past and present player/coach connections are there. And many of us liked the Orange Crush, and then the 3 Amigos,,, not to mention the Orange & Blue connections....

The sun is Orange,
and the sky is Blue,
so Gawd must be,
a GATOR/Bronco too.... ;)

PS

And are you now claiming that 'Saint Elway' is not worshipped here???? :confused:

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 11:46 AM

:eek: ---- :shocked:

OH -- MY -- GAWD!!!!!

Does this mean that Elway is now the driver on the Tim Tebow Bandwagon????

Sacrilege,,, (to some) fo-sho..... :rolleyes:

But to some others of us,,,, finally.... :elefant:

AND - :welcome:

Tned
07-17-2011, 11:49 AM
:eek: ---- :shocked:

OH -- MY -- GAWD!!!!!

Does this mean that Elway is now the driver on the Tim Tebow Bandwagon????

Sacrilege,,, (to some) fo-sho..... :rolleyes:

But to some others of us,,,, finally.... :elefant:

AND - :welcome:

No, Elway wants to win. As he's said, Tebow is a very good football player, but not yet a very good NFL QB.

This lockout is the last thing the Broncos or Tebow needed, because they could have used this off season to get Tebow close to being a very good NFL QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2011, 11:58 AM
And that's likely a function of a Stanford/Lac10 fans base as compared to an SEC/GatorNation fan base.

And since Tebow IS A BRONCO, that means that the Tebow bandwagon and the Broncos bandwagon, IS THE SAME FREAKIN' WAGON now.:listen:

In my experience, there are more 'olden-daze' Gator/Bronco fans than some of you might be aware of. Many past and present player/coach connections are there. And many of us liked the Orange Crush, and then the 3 Amigos,,, not to mention the Orange & Blue connections....

The sun is Orange,
and the sky is Blue,
so Gawd must be,
a GATOR/Bronco too.... ;)

PS

And are you now claiming that 'Saint Elway' is not worshipped here???? :confused:

As a Bronco fan who fully KNOWS what John Elway did for the Bronco organization, I do NOT appreciate how you refer to him. And YES, I guess you could say that John is worshiped here - if that is the term you feel necessary to use - however, John is respected, admired, appreciated for what he did for the Broncos - WHICH BY THE WAY - he EARNED - it was NOT handed to him the minute he became a Denver Bronco.

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 12:15 PM
No, Elway wants to win. As he's said, Tebow is a very good football player, but not yet a very good NFL QB.

This lockout is the last thing the Broncos or Tebow needed, because they could have used this off season to get Tebow close to being a very good NFL QB.

Yep, Tebow is not a very good NFL QB Y-E-T.....

He was just a far better NFL Rookie QB than:

S.Bradford
C.McCoy
J.Clausen
B.Quinn
T.Brady
P.Manning
J.Elway
K.Orton
And a very long list of 'others' that have been somewhat shaky NFL rookies and yet became successful after several years of on the job training.

PLUS

At the same time, he was a more productive RB/FB than Mike 'A-Train' Alstott was as a rookie for Tampa Bay. Nice little bonus that,,,, since NONE of the above listed QB can do what T-Boner can do when he has to take off and run the ball to save a drive or score a TD.

PS

And what has Tim been doing during the 'off-season?
First he got with Fox to get the 2011 playbook. Then he studied it.

I think that he was the first Bronco to set up off season workouts.
I know that HE PAID for Lloyd & Gaffney to fly to Jax, and he also paid to 'put them up' for the week so that they could workout and work on their pass timing with him.

HE CONTINUED the workouts in Ari and or Colo after that didn't he?
And after HIS example, other Broncos jumped into team workouts and so he then joined them back in Denver.

By now you (everyone) should know that NOBODY out works, out studies, or out prepares Timmy. That's just a long proven FACT! :cool:

Tned
07-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep, Tebow is not a very good NFL QB Y-E-T.....

He was just a far better NFL Rookie QB than:

S.Bradford
C.McCoy
J.Clausen
B.Quinn
T.Brady
P.Manning
J.Elway
K.Orton
And a very long list of 'others' that have been somewhat shaky NFL rookies and yet became successful after several years of on the job training.

PLUS

At the same time, he was a more productive RB/FB than Mike 'A-Train' Alstott was as a rookie for Tampa Bay. Nice little bonus that,,,, since NONE of the above listed QB can do what T-Boner can do when he has to take off and run the ball to save a drive or score a TD.

PS

And what has Tim been doing during the 'off-season?
First he got with Fox to get the 2011 playbook. Then he studied it.

I think that he was the first Bronco to set up off season workouts.
I know that HE PAID for Lloyd & Gaffney to fly to Jax, and he also paid to 'put them up' for the week so that they could workout and work on their pass timing with him.

HE CONTINUED the workouts in Ari and or Colo after that didn't he?
And after HIS example, other Broncos jumped into team workouts and so he then joined them back in Denver.

By now you (everyone) should know that NOBODY out works, out studies, or out prepares Timmy. That's just a long proven FACT! :cool:

Pssst, your man crush is showing and blurring your touch with the facts.

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 12:33 PM
As a Bronco fan who fully KNOWS what John Elway did for the Bronco organization, I do NOT appreciate how you refer to him. And YES, I guess you could say that John is worshiped here - if that is the term you feel necessary to use - however, John is respected, admired, appreciated for what he did for the Broncos - WHICH BY THE WAY - he EARNED - it was NOT handed to him the minute he became a Denver Bronco.

My responses are JUST LIKE and IN-KIND to those that I'm responding to,,,, which in this case WAS NOT YOU.

I felt little need to attempt to chide anyone on calling me a 'DISRESPECTFUL' Tebow LOVER, or an ignorant Gator Homer, or any of the other slurs that have been slung around. I know how to 'rag' back at my fishing buddies, or board bullies if and when needed.

The moderators do a pretty good job here so that's not necessary much. The couple of times that I've gone a bit to far they have told me so and edited my posts. They seem to do the same to those that start stuff with me, so I'm good with that, keeps thing inside civil bounds.:listen:

Just for reference, feel free to worship whomever you like, but please don't waste your time or mine, trying to TELL ME that I have to take up YOUR CROSS and FOLLOW YOUR chosen course.

You like and respect John Elway for what he did for YOUR Broncos.

Well, and good.

I like and respect Tim Tebow for what he did in HS, at UF, and as a Rookie QB for the Broncos. :salute:

I don't see those to things as 'mutually exclusive' points of view, unlike some Broncos posting here seem to. :tsk:

So maybe you should address some of YOUR IRE at those folks, they might (unlike me) GaS about what YOU want..... :confused:

PS

I don't recall ANYTHING --- EVER being handed to Tim Tebow, at any level, starting with his birth, and counting right up to today.... :coffee:

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Pssst, your man crush is showing and blurring your touch with the facts.

Unlike those that worship the old men - has beens I assume.....:D

And was that a 'personal attack' on me as an individual? :confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2011, 01:13 PM
What a crock of crap - referring to previous Denver Bronco players as has beens - YOU HAVE NO CLUE

Tned
07-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Unlike those that worship the old men - has beens I assume.....:D

And was that a 'personal attack' on me as an individual? :confused:

I don't see how it could be an attack. You have a man crush, right? You are letting it cloud your logic so that you see Tebow as greater than all others, right?

HammeredOut
07-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Tebow should be our choice. If we can trade Orton, and B.Lloyd for some draft picks, this would make room for D.Thomas, and T.Tebow to be our starters.

The Broncos should play this out. We know that the Florida Gators have produced nothing but some of the biggest Heisman Trophy Winner and First Round Busts (Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Tebow) . The Broncos are also aware that only 15% of Left Handed QB's ever drafted in the NFL have ever had any success.

With the assets aquired from moving Orton and B.Lloyd, if we move them, could help us move up in the draft next season to select A.Luck, or M.Berkley. The fans would need a season of Tim Tebow, who will likely be a 3 to 5 game winner this season. Which would be enough to keep us in the top 10, and a chance to move up and select our guy.

I really hope we trade Orton, and Start Tebow. The Broncos can dump the season, and make the fans happy with Tebow at QB. All the while, it is just a formality that needed to take place to select a real QB in next years draft.

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 02:18 PM
What a crock of crap - referring to previous Denver Bronco players as has beens - YOU HAVE NO CLUE

Has Beens - Has been great in the past at his chosen profession, but is old and retired now, and/or in a different job.

Feel free to 'splain' it to me honey..... ;)

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't see how it could be an attack. You have a man crush, right? You are letting it cloud your logic so that you see Tebow as greater than all others, right?

Personal Attacks have NOTHING to do with being true or not.
Are you really that dumb, or just playing dumb, it's tough to tell around here at times.

And yes, it was a personal attack.

And no, I'm stating facts/stats just as they are.
Interpretation of those facts/stats are a matter of opinion.
Opinions, are not right or wrong, by definition....

Man Crush is an insult, and that's IMO exactly why you used it.

Example, watch what would happen if anyone accused ANY Bronco fan of having a 'man crush' on saintly Elway, instead of just appreciating what he did for the Broncos.

Here we go again with the genius football fans, trying to build up a 'straw man' so I can burn it for them. Please show me where I've ever claimed that Tebow is 'greater than all others' anywhere, anytime. (smellin' da smoke yet?)

Review the great NFL QB's rookie stats and then get back to me, but please, don't develop a 'man crush' on me, just because I'm correct so often.... :listen:

BroncoStud
07-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Tebow should be our choice. If we can trade Orton, and B.Lloyd for some draft picks, this would make room for D.Thomas, and T.Tebow to be our starters.

The Broncos should play this out. We know that the Florida Gators have produced nothing but some of the biggest Heisman Trophy Winner and First Round Busts (Steve Spurrier, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Tebow) . The Broncos are also aware that only 15% of Left Handed QB's ever drafted in the NFL have ever had any success.

With the assets aquired from moving Orton and B.Lloyd, if we move them, could help us move up in the draft next season to select A.Luck, or M.Berkley. The fans would need a season of Tim Tebow, who will likely be a 3 to 5 game winner this season. Which would be enough to keep us in the top 10, and a chance to move up and select our guy.

I really hope we trade Orton, and Start Tebow. The Broncos can dump the season, and make the fans happy with Tebow at QB. All the while, it is just a formality that needed to take place to select a real QB in next years draft.

Trade Brandon Lloyd? He might be one of the best WRs in the NFL right now and we wouldn't get NEAR the compensation to match his production. Let him have a few more good seasons THEN consider trading him.

BroncoStud
07-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Personal Attacks have NOTHING to do with being true or not.
Are you really that dumb, or just playing dumb, it's tough to tell around here at times.

And yes, it was a personal attack.

And no, I'm stating facts/stats just as they are.
Interpretation of those facts/stats are a matter of opinion.
Opinions, are not right or wrong, by definition....

Man Crush is an insult, and that's IMO exactly why you used it.

Example, watch what would happen if anyone accused ANY Bronco fan of having a 'man crush' on saintly Elway, instead of just appreciating what he did for the Broncos.

Here we go again with the genius football fans, trying to build up a 'straw man' so I can burn it for them. Please show me where I've ever claimed that Tebow is 'greater than all others' anywhere, anytime. (smellin' da smoke yet?)

Review the great NFL QB's rookie stats and then get back to me, but please, don't develop a 'man crush' on me, just because I'm correct so often.... :listen:

I have a "man-crush" on John Elway and proud to admit it. The dude is LEGEND. He pulled off victories that most players in FOOTBALL history could only dream of and he took teams to Super Bowls that had no business being there.

Tim Tebow was a GREAT, a GREAT NCAA QB. He played 3 pretty decent games as a rookie. But let's not lose our minds here.

Tim Tebow can only HOPE and strive to become anything close to John Elway. I'm rooting for the kid as much as anyone but keep it real - Elway is arguably the greatest QB to throw a pass in the NFL, Tebow is a project who must learn to pass at the NFL level, throw NFL passes with NFL timing and NFL accuracy.

This whole quest to validate Tim Tebow is some lame shit. I have no doubt he will do a good job validating himself on his own and the Gator fans who feel the need to prop him up end up only making him less appealing to us Bronco fans.

MOtorboat
07-17-2011, 02:48 PM
I have no doubt he will do a good job validating himself on his own and the Gator fans who feel the need to prop him up end up only making him less appealing to us Bronco fans.

Amen.

GB2

Lonestar
07-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Hahaha, Orton should do a Jay Cutler and site that quote by Elway as his reason for demanding a trade. That quote by Elway about hoping Tebow makes the HOF went pretty much unnoticed, but imagine if Cutler was in Ortons shoes. Cutler would have thrown a conniption fit.

Guess I'm nit the only to feel that way. :salute:

Lonestar
07-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't think this is nearly the same position Fox was in when he named Delhomme the starter in Carolina. Delhomme was 27, Peete was 36. Delhomme became a professional in 1997, won the starting job in 2002. Kyle Orton is 28 and Tebow is a second year player with just three starts and a lot of questions. If Orton stays which I don't suspect he will, I think he starts. I just don't see us keeping Kyle Orton to back up Tim Tebow with a nine million dollar contract and then him walking in 2012 and we get nothing.

This makes more sense than anything I've read today.

LTC Pain
07-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I have a "man-crush" on John Elway and proud to admit it. The dude is LEGEND. He pulled off victories that most players in FOOTBALL history could only dream of and he took teams to Super Bowls that had no business being there.

Tim Tebow was a GREAT, a GREAT NCAA QB. He played 3 pretty decent games as a rookie. But let's not lose our minds here.

Tim Tebow can only HOPE and strive to become anything close to John Elway. I'm rooting for the kid as much as anyone but keep it real - Elway is arguably the greatest QB to throw a pass in the NFL, Tebow is a project who must learn to pass at the NFL level, throw NFL passes with NFL timing and NFL accuracy.

This whole quest to validate Tim Tebow is some lame shit. I have no doubt he will do a good job validating himself on his own and the Gator fans who feel the need to prop him up end up only making him less appealing to us Bronco fans.

Best post yet reference TT as an NFL QB. Bottom line, #7 has been there, done that and very well. Maybe top three QBs of all time. TT has potential and I'm rooting for him big time. But he hasnt proven anything as an NFL QB yet. Big difference.

broncobryce
07-17-2011, 03:16 PM

You should be a GM. Brilliant stuff.

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 03:36 PM

Trade the Broncos ONLY Pro Bowl player,,, WR Brandon Lloyd???
Are you outta your mind?

Lloyd with Orton, 18.3 ypr and 1 TD per 7 receptions.

Lloyd with Tebow 18.8 ypr and 1 TD per 7 receptions.
====================

Average Span of an NFL QB is just UNDER 4 YEARS.
IMO, any bust should be done and gone before 4 years are up.

Spurrier 1st round #3 pick. 1966 Heisman.
9 seasons with the 49'ers, about 7-8 years as John Brodie's backup.
He 'benched out' long before ever being given a real season starters shot at playing.
He should have demanded a trade early on imoho, but back in those days, that just wasn't done.
1 season with the brand new TB Buc's as their starter.
The Bucs didn't win their first game for what, 2 or 3 years?
Doug Williams couldn't win with the Bucs, but did pretty good with the skins.
Steve Young couldn't win with the Bucs but did pretty good with the niners.

Spurrier played his best game as an NFL QB against the Vikings in 1973, when he completed thirty-one of forty-eight pass attempts, 64.4% for 320 yards.

During his ten-year NFL career, Spurrier played in 106 games, but only got a total of 38 starts, with 12 of those starts coming with the expansion Bucs in their 1st season.

In those 10 years, he completed 597 passes in 1,151 attempts, 51.4%, for a total of 6,878 yards and 40 TD's, 60 Ints, giving him an NFL Career QB Rating of 60.1. To bad that he didn't have Bill Walsh as his coach as a 49'er, and to bad he sat so long before getting the starter's job. He averaged just 3 starts per NFL season.
With SF it was 33 TD's to 48 Ints in his 26 starts over the 9 years, mostly after Brodie went out hurt.

And sorry, but NFL 'Busts' don't finish with a 10 year career, anyway you can spin it.

Danny Wuerffel to the Ditka N.O. Ain'ts in the 4th round, not the 1st Rnd. 1996 Heisman
He also had a 6 year NFL career and left by his own choice with an offer still on the table.
He won the NFLEu Season Championship and the World Bowl, while setting NFLEu Career Passing Records in just his single season playing there.
To bad he didn't get a shot with the Montana/Young era 49'er too...

The Gators Rex Grossman - 1st Rnd, no Heisman.
His first 2 season were both marred by injuries.
His 3rd season, he took the Bears to the SB.
It was his 1st season as the full time starter, and the rest of their offense mostly sucked.
NFC Offensive Player of the Month (2006)
NFC Championship (2006)
Ed Block Courage Award (2006)
He completed his first full season with a 73.9 quarterback rating. This was better than quarterback ratings of Favre, P.Manning, and T.Bradshaw during their first full NFL seasons
He just recentlly beat out McNabb to be the Skins starter for Shanahan and finished the 2010 season with an 81.2 QB Rating, which was better than E.Manning's in 2010.

Now that the 'confetti' has been dealt with, WHAT SOMEONE ELSE DID, does not affect what Tebow did last year, or what Newton will do this year, or what Luck will do next year in the NFL. Speaking of totally clueless.....

Talk FACTS & STATS when you run down on any player in the NFL.
Otherwise, you're just another of the many ??????'s slinging bs on a sports board.

PS
Please explain (factually) why you think/know that Luck won't be just another LAC 10 Ryan Leaf? And you can't use any of his college stats because I've been repeatedly told here that what you did in college is totally meaningless....

PSS
But you've certainly got the award for the most appropiate board name I've seen here..... :welcome:

TXBRONC
07-17-2011, 03:48 PM

Where they are similar is that it wouldn't be the first time Fox went with a less experienced quarterback over a more experienced veteran. Beyond that there are huge difference in the situations. Delhomme had a full off season where he could work with coach staff unfortunately Tebow can't say the same.

MOtorboat
07-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Unbelievable.

10 years from now on a New York Giants web site, after the Giants drafted the latest Florida quarterback...

"Tim Tebow had a six year NFL career and quit on his own.

He had to put up with the worst Broncos coach of all time, but he threw for 300 yards once and scored more rushing touchdowns then several HOF quarterbacks did in their entire career in his rookie season. Plus he had a quarterback rating of 87.7 in six seasons. He had 30 touchdowns in six years.

Hardly a 'bust'"

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 04:11 PM

In case you've not figured this out yet:
1. I don't really GaS what's appealing to you or anyone else, I don't need your validation myself.
2. Tebow's own performance is all that's needed to validate him.
3. The Rookie NFL stats/facts are there for anyone who is willing to look at them and understand 'exactly' what they say and/or prove.
4. You, or any other 'individual' posting here speaks ONLY for him or her self, not for All Bronco fans. Trying that kind of bs is just you seeking to prop up your own 'weak' positions on things.

John Elway had a Great NFL Career.
Tim Tebow has already had a better Rookie season while setting Bronco Team Records and NFL Records. Live with it..... :salute:

I'll compare and talk 'NFL Careers' >AFTER< Tim hangs up his cleats.... :coffee:

Canmore
07-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Where they are similar is that it wouldn't be the first time Fox went with a less experienced quarterback over a more experienced veteran. Beyond that there are huge difference in the situations. Delhomme had a full off season where he could work with coach staff unfortunately Tebow can't say the same.

The lockout definitely hurts Tebow. A whole off season nearly wasted when Tim could have been working under the guidance of the coaching staff. What direction Fox will go if Orton is still with the team, I'm not sure. The situation is definitely different. A 36 year old Rodney Peete versus a 28 year old Kyle Orton is not really comparable but I hear what you are saying.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Then you are admitting that you do not NEED to keep bragging about him on here anymore - GREAT NEWS:elefant:

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Unbelievable.

10 years from now on a New York Giants web site, after the Giants drafted the latest Florida quarterback...

"Tim Tebow had a six year NFL career and quit on his own.

He had to put up with the worst Broncos coach of all time, but he threw for 300 yards once and scored more rushing touchdowns then several HOF quarterbacks did in their entire career in his rookie season. Plus he had a quarterback rating of 87.7 in six seasons. He had 30 touchdowns in six years.

Hardly a 'bust'"

Totally Believable.

To borrow from one of your own type of Bronco brothers:

Bronco fans like 'you' make me wish (along with many Jags fans) that the Jags had been smart enough to draft Tim with their 1st pick, instead of thinking that they could easily get him in the 2nd round. :tsk:

Or maybe, since Tim is just another Gator Total failure QB, that the new Bronco's staff and management would make it their 1st priority to Trade Tebow to anyone else who is willing take him. :welcome:

However, unlike you, I don't wish bad things on the Bronco organization, just because they have some few hack/fans,,,, spewing hateful bs..... :D

:cool:

dougherty
07-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I think we should get back to the running game but tebow is the best one to lead this team i think

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Then you are admitting that you do not NEED to keep bragging about him on here anymore - GREAT NEWS:elefant:

Clueless = Confusion between braggin' and facts.

Dandy Don Meredith to Howard Cosell on MNF;

"Howard, if you can do it,,,, then it ain't braggin"

PS

I don't actually 'NEED' anything from either you or from this board in general.
So far, I'm just having some real 'cheap' fun here.... :elefant:

Buckin' Gator
07-17-2011, 04:32 PM
And now that Tebow IS A BRONCO, and has been for over a year now,

does this mean that the ______'s will stop running down on him here? :tsk:

You'd think so, but apparently (judging by the posts) that's not the case. :mad:

Maybe 15-20 years from now those that denigrage him now, will be braggin' about THEIR NEW MAN CRUSH for Tebow...... :rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-17-2011, 04:35 PM
And now that Tebow IS A BRONCO, and has been for over a year now,

does this mean that the ______'s will stop running down on him here? :tsk:

You'd think so, but apparently (judging by the posts) that's not the case. :mad:

Maybe 15-20 years from now those that denigrage him now, will be braggin' about THEIR NEW MAN CRUSH for Tebow...... :rolleyes:

Those kind of posts are NOT directed at Tebow.

Ravage!!!
07-17-2011, 04:37 PM

Exactly. We LIKE Tebow

MOtorboat
07-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Exactly. We LIKE Tebow

I like what I've seen too.

And if you can get me and Ravage to agree, then it's one damn good thing.

BroncoStud
07-17-2011, 11:55 PM
1. I don't really GaS what's appealing to you or anyone else, I don't need your validation myself.
3. The Rookie NFL stats/facts are there for anyone who is willing to look at them and understand 'exactly' what they say and/or prove.
4. You, or any other 'individual' posting here speaks ONLY for him or her self, not for All Bronco fans. Trying that kind of bs is just you seeking to prop up your own 'weak' positions on things.

John Elway had a Great NFL Career.
Tim Tebow has already had a better Rookie season while setting Bronco Team Records and NFL Records. Live with it..... :salute:

I'll compare and talk 'NFL Careers' >AFTER< Tim hangs up his cleats.... :coffee:

Apples and oranges kiddo...

Put Elway in McD's dumbass spread offense and he would put either Orton or Tebow to shame and quickly. Put either of them in Elway's conservative offenses under Dan Reeves and they would struggle just like he did.

Elway actually turned the corner late in the year in 1983 and got a BIG win against hte Colts (ironically) in which he pasted them for almost 350 and 3 TDs with no picks, mounting a clutch victory.

I'm pulling for Tebow, I really am, I pulled for Griese, Plummer, Cutler, even Orton his first year here, but Tebow is the most promising yet. Cutler has all-world physical tools but he doesn't have 1/100th the heart and determination that Tebow does.

It's the Gator fans that feel the need to bombard us with propaganda, it appears that Tim simply wants to go out and prove himself on the field.

HammeredOut
07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Trade the Broncos ONLY Pro Bowl player,,, WR Brandon Lloyd???
Are you outta your mind?

Lloyd with Orton, 18.3 ypr and 1 TD per 7 receptions.

Lloyd with Tebow 18.8 ypr and 1 TD per 7 receptions.
====================

Average Span of an NFL QB is just UNDER 4 YEARS.
IMO, any bust should be done and gone before 4 years are up.

Spurrier 1st round #3 pick. 1966 Heisman.
9 seasons with the 49'ers, about 7-8 years as John Brodie's backup.
He 'benched out' long before ever being given a real season starters shot at playing.
He should have demanded a trade early on imoho, but back in those days, that just wasn't done.
1 season with the brand new TB Buc's as their starter.
The Bucs didn't win their first game for what, 2 or 3 years?
Doug Williams couldn't win with the Bucs, but did pretty good with the skins.
Steve Young couldn't win with the Bucs but did pretty good with the niners.

Spurrier played his best game as an NFL QB against the Vikings in 1973, when he completed thirty-one of forty-eight pass attempts, 64.4% for 320 yards.

During his ten-year NFL career, Spurrier played in 106 games, but only got a total of 38 starts, with 12 of those starts coming with the expansion Bucs in their 1st season.

In those 10 years, he completed 597 passes in 1,151 attempts, 51.4%, for a total of 6,878 yards and 40 TD's, 60 Ints, giving him an NFL Career QB Rating of 60.1. To bad that he didn't have Bill Walsh as his coach as a 49'er, and to bad he sat so long before getting the starter's job. He averaged just 3 starts per NFL season.
With SF it was 33 TD's to 48 Ints in his 26 starts over the 9 years, mostly after Brodie went out hurt.

And sorry, but NFL 'Busts' don't finish with a 10 year career, anyway you can spin it.

Danny Wuerffel to the Ditka N.O. Ain'ts in the 4th round, not the 1st Rnd. 1996 Heisman
He also had a 6 year NFL career and left by his own choice with an offer still on the table.
He won the NFLEu Season Championship and the World Bowl, while setting NFLEu Career Passing Records in just his single season playing there.
To bad he didn't get a shot with the Montana/Young era 49'er too...

The Gators Rex Grossman - 1st Rnd, no Heisman.
His first 2 season were both marred by injuries.
His 3rd season, he took the Bears to the SB.
It was his 1st season as the full time starter, and the rest of their offense mostly sucked.
NFC Offensive Player of the Month (2006)
NFC Championship (2006)
Ed Block Courage Award (2006)
He completed his first full season with a 73.9 quarterback rating. This was better than quarterback ratings of Favre, P.Manning, and T.Bradshaw during their first full NFL seasons
He just recentlly beat out McNabb to be the Skins starter for Shanahan and finished the 2010 season with an 81.2 QB Rating, which was better than E.Manning's in 2010.

Now that the 'confetti' has been dealt with, WHAT SOMEONE ELSE DID, does not affect what Tebow did last year, or what Newton will do this year, or what Luck will do next year in the NFL. Speaking of totally clueless.....

Talk FACTS & STATS when you run down on any player in the NFL.
Otherwise, you're just another of the many ??????'s slinging bs on a sports board.

PS
Please explain (factually) why you think/know that Luck won't be just another LAC 10 Ryan Leaf? And you can't use any of his college stats because I've been repeatedly told here that what you did in college is totally meaningless....

PSS
But you've certainly got the award for the most appropiate board name I've seen here..... :welcome:

Steve Spurrier only threw 40 touchdowns in 10 seasons. Thats like 1 Payton Manning Season= Steve Spurrier 10 year Career. Or otherwise known as Draft Bust. I don't care if this bum sat around picking up towels on the sidelines for 10 years.

Danny Wueffel is a Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL Bust. Another crappy product coming out of Florida. Who cares if he passed gas for 10 yards in some flag football league.

As for Tim Tebow, His mechanics are some of the worst the NFL has ever seen. The fact he might come out of this season with more rushing TDs then Passing TDs says alot about his Throwing ABility. Tim "The Catapult Release" Tebow starts his wind up at his hip, and his release is so long it looks like he is reaching for cereal in the cupboard. From the 36 left handed QBs who have been drafted, only 7 or 8 of them ever had any success in the NFL. The other problem that comes with Tim Tebow is he is the last of the 1st round Draft Picks who the Broncos need a look at, since Josh McDaniels other 3, first round picks are borderline busts at this point. Some of the biggest problems with Tebows mechanics, is his release and wind up are so slow, that NFL defenders will read it and react to it faster then your average back up QB. The other problem is Tebow was simply a run-option QB who generally threw a ton of Bubble Screens, and dump offs in the flat, and he never had to face a real Pass Defense when at Florida. When Tebow was in college, i did watch his entire career, and big games, I can tell you that College teams never had to defend Tebow's passing ability, because if you look at the LSU game, Tebow, and florida ran the ball 15 out of the first 16 plays. So what I am saying is, Tebow never made an NFL throw in his College career.

NightTerror218
07-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Steve Spurrier only threw 40 touchdowns in 10 seasons. Thats like 1 Payton Manning Season= Steve Spurrier 10 year Career. Or otherwise known as Draft Bust. I don't care if this bum sat around picking up towels on the sidelines for 10 years.

Danny Wueffel is a Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL Bust. Another crappy product coming out of Florida. Who cares if he passed gas for 10 yards in some flag football league.

As for Tim Tebow, His mechanics are some of the worst the NFL has ever seen. The fact he might come out of this season with more rushing TDs then Passing TDs says alot about his Throwing ABility. Tim "The Catapult Release" Tebow starts his wind up at his hip, and his release is so long it looks like he is reaching for cereal in the cupboard. From the 36 left handed QBs who have been drafted, only 7 or 8 of them ever had any success in the NFL. The other problem that comes with Tim Tebow is he is the last of the 1st round Draft Picks who the Broncos need a look at, since Josh McDaniels other 3, first round picks are borderline busts at this point. Some of the biggest problems with Tebows mechanics, is his release and wind up are so slow, that NFL defenders will read it and react to it faster then your average back up QB. The other problem is Tebow was simply a run-option QB who generally threw a ton of Bubble Screens, and dump offs in the flat, and he never had to face a real Pass Defense when at Florida. When Tebow was in college, i did watch his entire career, and big games, I can tell you that College teams never had to defend Tebow's passing ability, because if you look at the LSU game, Tebow, and florida ran the ball 15 out of the first 16 plays. So what I am saying is, Tebow never made an NFL throw in his College career.

And how about the passes he nailed in the Houston game? Those dont count. O wait how about the passes the completed against the #1 defense of the Charger, none of them read him like a book to stop him. His release is ugly, because he muscle memory is the same as a baseball player like he use to be and nobody corrected his throw till after FL. So that will take time to fix. But I noticed the drop to the hit on deep passes. I did not however see it on every pass. Were people just saying he cant complete the dink and dunks?

The left handed stats of who made it is the same out of right handed QBs. Just a whole lot more right handed come out. The percentage is the same 15% (ish).

Tebow also had more rushing TD because he was called in on Goal Line plays in several games. He rushed for 3 TDs i think then along with 1 passing TD.

Bullgator
07-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Tic-Toc..... time is almost up... one more week... and then... well... its...... wait for it......................................... TEBOW TIME!!!

Ravage!!!
07-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Why are you trying to make Tebow out to sound like the croc in Peter Pan?

TXBRONC
07-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Why are you trying to make Tebow out to sound like the croc in Peter Pan?

He wears a Peter Pan outfit to all Gator home games. :heh:

atwater27
07-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Tic-Toc..... time is almost up... one more week... and then... well... its...... wait for it......................................... TEBOW TIME!!!

The sad thing is.... even Tim would be creeped out at your obsessive worship of him. Matter of fact, he'd probably tell you about a guy named Jesus Christ who is more worthy of that type of devotion. Then he'd back up slowly and hide under something.