PDA

View Full Version : Same Crap Different Game

SBboundBRONCOS
09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
well i have to say this, this team is bad. and its not anything different, its the same reasons week after week

terrible run defense
TEs and RBs killing us after they wear us down with the run
bad tackling
getting owned at the line
bad pass protection for jay

and my number one thing im upset about is

PLAY CALLING

we are just not calling the right plays this year, i dont know what it is scheffler and graham are not getting enough passes, henry sees all the action up untill we get in the redzone then he just disappears off of the play calling. we either run or throw a short slant, im so frustrated right now. we had a 10-0 lead a blow it.

i know its the colts but we got owned last week, and i now feel we got lucky those first 2 weeks. and im not one to say that kind of stuff. but something needs to change

because im not for losing against the chargers

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 07:47 PM
well i have to say this, this team is bad. and its not anything different, its the same reasons week after week

terrible run defense
TEs and RBs killing us after they wear us down with the run
bad tackling
getting owned at the line
bad pass protection for jay

and my number one thing im upset about is

PLAY CALLING

we are just not calling the right plays this year, i dont know what it is scheffler and graham are not getting enough passes, henry sees all the action up untill we get in the redzone then he just disappears off of the play calling. we either run or throw a short slant, im so frustrated right now. we had a 10-0 lead a blow it.

i know its the colts but we got owned last week, and i now feel we got lucky those first 2 weeks. and im not one to say that kind of stuff. but something needs to change

because im not for losing against the chargers

Excellent post. Especially your point on the run defense (or what there was of it).

You have to ask the question: What happened to last season’s defense? What has changed, since the loss of Wilson?

Uhh, could it be the “gain” of Bates?

I seriously don’t know right now.

What I do DO know is this: Offense wins games (and I don’t have a problem with them—yet); Defense wins championships.

If we lose to SD next Sunday (which we very well could), I would fire Bates in a New York minute!

What do we have to lose?

SBboundBRONCOS
09-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Excellent post. Especially your point on the run defense (or what there was of it).

You have to ask the question: What happened to last season’s defense? What has changed, since the loss of Wilson?

Uhh, could it be the “gain” of Bates?

I seriously don’t know right now.

What I do DO know is this: Offense wins games (and I don’t have a problem with them—yet); Defense wins championships.

If we lose to SD next Sunday (which we very well could), I would fire Bates in a New York minute!

What do we have to lose?

im just curious as to what has changed also, people are all for pointing out how good our pass D is or was but i think they fail to realize that teams know they dont have to pass on us, indy very easily could ave ran the ball all game and ended up with the same amount of point

we have the 2 of the best corners in the league, we need to blitz and plan to stop the run and have faith that they will hold their own in the sides

i really feel like this is a team about to break out, but i have been having that feeling for the entire year,

and i really cannot understand our play calling, it has been down right terrible :shocked:

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
im just curious as to what has changed also, people are all for pointing out how good our pass D is or was but i think they fail to realize that teams know they dont have to pass on us, indy very easily could ave ran the ball all game and ended up with the same amount of point

we have the 2 of the best corners in the league, we need to blitz and plan to stop the run and have faith that they will hold their own in the sides

i really feel like this is a team about to break out, but i have been having that feeling for the entire year,

and i really cannot understand our play calling, it has been down right terrible :shocked:

First off, I'll raise your play calling from "terrible" to "HORRIBLE!"

As for our best corners, where were they? No fault on them, when you can't stop the friggin' RUN!

So far, this season, everyone is running thru us like a sieve.

And I mean every single game this season. They are beating us on the run.

We've watched the same games, right?

Here's my call as GM for the Denver Broncos:

We lose to SD next Sunday: Fire Bates.

We beat SD by a last-minute FG next Sunday: Fire Bates.

gobroncsnv
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM

Actually, I don't hold Bates accountable here... This is a personnel problem, just like last year was... It never really was a scheme problem, IMO... We don't have the right people yet, with the right abilities. Coyer's "punt rush" scheme last couple years didn't work, never really got close to sacking anyone. Means you don't have the quality of personnel up front yet, and it's the same issue, only more on the run plays this year. I'm not concerned about the scheme, rather, about getting pushed out of the way on pretty much every play. And people are going to do this to us until we figure out how to stop it.

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Actually, I don't hold Bates accountable here... This is a personnel problem, just like last year was... It never really was a scheme problem, IMO... We don't have the right people yet, with the right abilities. Coyer's "punt rush" scheme last couple years didn't work, never really got close to sacking anyone. Means you don't have the quality of personnel up front yet, and it's the same issue, only more on the run plays this year. I'm not concerned about the scheme, rather, about getting pushed out of the way on pretty much every play. And people are going to do this to us until we figure out how to stop it.

Very fair assessment, GoBro. Not much the DC can do, if the individual players can't actually TACKLE. Has the Orange Crush turned into the Butterfingers?

Solly, still venting...

You're right. You can't just slow down the run--after about 6 or 8 yards. You have to have the talent to SMASH the run!

<puff, puff, still venting):mad:

SBboundBRONCOS
09-30-2007, 09:39 PM

As for our best corners, where were they? No fault on them, when you can't stop the friggin' RUN!

hmmm i though terrible was worse than horrible but may i go as far as to say horendous :eek:

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 09:50 PM
hmmm i though terrible was worse than horrible but may i go as far as to say horendous :eek:

Ok, that is a draw.

Let's just say "GAWD AWFUL," and call it a day. :tsk:

Goin' down to Home Depot to buy the Broncs a stockade fence for Christmas. Time to trade in that picket fence.

:D

SBboundBRONCOS
09-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok, that is a draw.

Let's just say "GAWD AWFUL," and call it a day. :tsk:

Goin' down to Home Depot to buy the Broncs a stockade fence for Christmas. Time to trade in that picket fence.

:D

you know they sell invisible fences . . . like for dogs

maybe if we get the otehr team to somehow wear them (put on some bling)we could stop them :rofl:

Lonestar
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
It boils down to DLine you win or lose at the LOS and so far the DLINE has sucked, add to that gold not being able to cover in pass coverage and always tackling when chasing someone down after 5 yard gains.

I know that Bates has a plan that works, but it all boils down to clogging up the middle and forcing the runs to the outside for the DE and LB to stuff.

We cut two mini fat guys because they were not excited about Bates plan.

One wonders who was the wise guy to make that decision was it mikey, bate of sunquits?

We like it or not are rebuilding the defense and it will take some time.

The OLINE not sure about what to do there.

Someone said we run Thenry all the way to the red zone and then decide to pass, could have been better play calling IMHO.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
gerrard warren had a nice game today and is having a nice season.

oops!:D

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 10:19 PM
gerrard warren had a nice game today and is having a nice season.

oops!:D

Do you want to DIE???? :mad:

Escobar
09-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Do you want to DIE???? :mad:

LOL not till im in my 90's haha

BroncoWave
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Ya know, speaking of our playcalling, Mike Shanahan seemed a hell of alot smarter when we had Elway, Davis, and Sharpe. Yall can flame me for that but I'm just sayin!

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Ya know, speaking of our playcalling, Mike Shanahan seemed a hell of alot smarter when we had Elway, Davis, and Sharpe. Yall can flame me for that but I'm just sayin!

Know sumpin? You have a point there. I can't remember the last time I saw an actual play book under Dungy's mouth.

Deltagbear
09-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Simply....we suck:ahhhhh:

Our defense couldnt stop a toddler from getting an ice cream cone...I saw that Addai went out in the 3rd quarter and did not return and he STILL had 136 yards...I hate to think about L.T. and the insane day he will have against us. Its going to be painful to have to watch the Dolts kick the livin crap out of our D. If anyone thinks this wont happen then you havent been watching the same games! Our D is pathetic at best. Manning went 22-28 and they ran the ball on us without hardly breaking a sweat.

I hate to have to say but we are lucky if we can .500 this year. Call it venting if you will but we have 0 :defense:

Our offense is shooting itself in the foot with the B.S. play calling. We run Henry and Young for great yards then throw it in the redzone??? If we want to win another game its on our Offense to outscore the other team cause our D cant stop anything...

Joel
09-30-2007, 11:49 PM
It boils down to DLine you win or lose at the LOS and so far the DLINE has sucked, add to that gold not being able to cover in pass coverage and always tackling when chasing someone down after 5 yard gains.

I know that Bates has a plan that works, but it all boils down to clogging up the middle and forcing the runs to the outside for the DE and LB to stuff.

We cut two mini fat guys because they were not excited about Bates plan.

One wonders who was the wise guy to make that decision was it mikey, bate of sunquits?

We like it or not are rebuilding the defense and it will take some time.

The OLINE not sure about what to do there.

Someone said we run Thenry all the way to the red zone and then decide to pass, could have been better play calling IMHO.
The offensive line didn't look too bad to me today; some nice downfield blocking from just about everyone on offense (and I mean EVERYONE; looks like Marshall may well be able to be the kind of reliable run blocker Rod was, and that's very encouraging) and while Cutler got hit a few times, he wasn't running for his life all game. Mostly he was facing pressure late in the game when we were down a lot and they knew we were passing; you have to have at least one or two eligible receivers down field if you want to pass.

The problem, IMHO, is a combination of not having much at LB besides D.J./Golds speed and our prudent decision to cut the only every down cloggers we had (despite having just given up a sixth round pick for one... ) in a system that DEMANDS cloggers and only has multi-technique finesse guys like Thomas and McKinley to sub (or Adams, who can't possibly keep up with the Colts pace). It's true Kennedy and Warren were those types of guys, too, but they at least had the ABILITY to be cloggers whether they liked it or not. Until we get a legit NT or two <35 we're gonna have problems. We didn't start getting chewed up with passes until we were forced to stack the line because it was the only way to stop Addai; when you stack the line you know what's gonna happen....

Lonestar
10-01-2007, 01:52 PM
The offensive line didn't look too bad to me today; some nice downfield blocking from just about everyone on offense (and I mean EVERYONE; looks like Marshall may well be able to be the kind of reliable run blocker Rod was, and that's very encouraging) and while Cutler got hit a few times, he wasn't running for his life all game. Mostly he was facing pressure late in the game when we were down a lot and they knew we were passing; you have to have at least one or two eligible receivers down field if you want to pass.

The problem, IMHO, is a combination of not having much at LB besides D.J./Golds speed and our prudent decision to cut the only every down cloggers we had (despite having just given up a sixth round pick for one... ) in a system that DEMANDS cloggers and only has multi-technique finesse guys like Thomas and McKinley to sub (or Adams, who can't possibly keep up with the Colts pace). It's true Kennedy and Warren were those types of guys, too, but they at least had the ABILITY to be cloggers whether they liked it or not. Until we get a legit NT or two <35 we're gonna have problems. We didn't start getting chewed up with passes until we were forced to stack the line because it was the only way to stop Addai; when you stack the line you know what's gonna happen....

Our OLINE was pretty good until we got inside the red zone. Not sure why we changed gears there but mikey did.

No confidence in the blocking down close or thought he could pass inside the RZ.

Who knows what lurks inside his mind?

Your correct we have to get another legit NT type. Perhaps two to rotate them around some what.

Adams could handle some of the plays yesterday and then would have been had relieved. But some genius decided that he could not have gotten off the field in time so we started two incompetents instead.
I'd rather had to call an occasional Time out to get the big guys some rest or to the sidelines. Than have the colts run over us like hot knife through butter.

Joel
10-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Our OLINE was pretty good until we got inside the red zone. Not sure why we changed gears there but mikey did.

No confidence in the blocking down close or thought he could pass inside the RZ.

Who knows what lurks inside his mind?

Your correct we have to get another legit NT type. Perhaps two to rotate them around some what.

Adams could handle some of the plays yesterday and then would have been had relieved. But some genius decided that he could not have gotten off the field in time so we started two incompetents instead.
I'd rather had to call an occasional Time out to get the big guys some rest or to the sidelines. Than have the colts run over us like hot knife through butter.
Yeah, I thought about putting Adams in some, but I think it would have been a gamble (on the other hand, when you're giving up a #31 ranked 181 yards/game, maybe you need to gamble against the Colts). If we could've stopped their run even temporarily early it might have avoided the desperate attempts to do so in the second half that left our secondary in tatters and turned a close game into a route.

And I totally agree with you about needing two NTs, for rotation, for stacking next to either on occasion at the goal line and because just about EVERY starter will get SOME injury at SOME point in the season. Even if we just put in one at a time I think it would help free up guys like McKinley (based solely on his career stats he looks pretty good when he's healthy, but he's no more a one man middle than Warren was) and Thomas as much as it would the ends, on runs and passes

The red zone production from the offense wasn't perfect, but I don't really think it was bad either, particularly considering the fact that at this point last season the only people starting where they are now were Nalen and Lepsis. The team site has an article on red zone offense where they note we're 15th overall, tied with, of all people, the Colts. I think a lot of folks focus too much on our red zone offense (and it didn't help Elam had some misses in the first few weeks). Look at this intro to NFL.coms coverage of last week:

"The Colts turned five of their six red-zone forays into touchdowns, while the Broncos went two-for-four, creating a disparity that helped lead to a 38-20 Broncos defeat. " Uh huh. We lost by 18 points because we were only .500 in the red zone while the Colts were 83.3%. It had nothing to do with the fact the Colts were IN the red zone 50% more. We kicked 2 FGs and they kicked 1 but we lost by 18, so I'd have to say the biggest problems were when they had the ball rather than when we did (and that's really a shot at NFL.com rather than you).

broncos9697
10-04-2007, 06:57 AM

bates has done something to our team...ya al gone but this team now just sticks we can not stop the run week after week you would think changes would be done but there are not...
we should be 0-4 right now but we have got lucky and were 2-2...
we tackle like a bunch of pee-wee's..throw in any RB from any team and there going to get 100 yards a game easy.....somrthing has got to be done and fast I am sure shanny's just so pissed off

SBboundBRONCOS
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
here we go again

cant stop the run (we are thinking pass, why in the world would the other team pass when you can rip 50 yard runs with a good backup on 3rd and long)

turnovers are killing us

TE + RBs in the recieving game are killing us

jay looks great again, to bad nobody else makes plays around him