PDA

View Full Version : Injury Bug

frenchfan
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, I need your knowlegde girls & guys...

First, it seems like this injury bug hurts us since Elway's retirement. Am I right or I'm just not reminding well the good old days?

Second, how do you explain that? Why did we lose so many players from year to year? Bad luck? Bad preparation? Lack of athleticism? Other?

Last, What can we do now? I mean, I don't know all the rules to replace players on IR... Can we deal with another team for example?

TIA for your answers !

:beer:

CrazyHorse
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I am guessing lack of physical conditoning, especially in terms of technique and flexibility.
That must be why we can't tackle and our players keep pulling their groins.

Day1BroncoFan
11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I think crasyhorse is right. It has to have something to do with training and conditioning.

CoachChaz
11-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Like I said in another thread, we either need to spend more time scouting the extent of some of these injury prone kids or take a long look at our training staff

horsepig
11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Like I said in another thread, we either need to spend more time scouting the extent of some of these injury prone kids or take a long look at our training staff

Anybody watch the injury reports? It seems like, that for 32 teams, there might be something like 25 groin injuries every week, 5 or 6 of those from Denver.

Fan in Exile
11-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I think the injury bug is getting blown out of proportion because people know all the injuries from our team and only those of the stars on other teams.

Over the past three years we've ranked 14th in games missed by our players so I wouldn't say that we have it any worse than any other team. This is football we have to understand that injuries are a part of the game.

jlarsiii
11-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree with F.I.E. Who here hasn't suffered an injury? Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for when they happen. It could be do to a lack of preparation before practice and games. I highly doubt it is due to a lack of conditioning. Most of the NFL players are on year round schedules of lifting and fitness. It all comes down to proper stretching, keeping the muscles loose and warm, and not over-exerting the muscle itself.

I think in the league today with the condition of the players overall with their strength, quickness, and agility that injuries are going to be a part of every season for every team. We should all go into every season prepared to have players go down to injury.

If anything this highlights the overall lack of depth on this club. Some teams can sustain injuries and still perform at a high level due either to a really good scheme or really good backups. We have neither of those at the moment. Denver needs to continue to draft well and get quality talent so that in the future there is not a significant dropoff in performance when the second, or even third stringers, come in to play.

Fan in Exile
11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I think you're totally right about our lack of depth. Last year the Colts were the most injured team in the league but you didn't see much of a drop off because of all their depth. I'm hoping that now that we've gotten rid of Sundquist we can address that.

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm STILL arguing with a Dallas fan over injuries. He says Dallas has suffered more injuries this year than Denver! Every team suffers injuries we are just getting hit harder than most epecailly at LB and RB

Fan in Exile
11-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm STILL arguing with a Dallas fan over injuries. He says Dallas has suffered more injuries this year than Denver! Every team suffers injuries we are just getting hit harder than most epecailly at LB and RB

Don't get me wrong I think it's been bad this year and it was bad last year but it really isn't a trend for the team. I think what it shows about us is that we don't have the depth to deal with the injuries the way some other teams do.

I don't think that I would argue with a dallas fan about injuries right now, I mean we haven't lost Cutler, which is huge.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Injuries are unfortunate. They just happen. I'm not sure what the whole total cause is, but I think some questions should be brought up in regards to Greek.

Dean
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Injuries are unfortunate. They just happen. I'm not sure what the whole total cause is, but I think some questions should be brought up in regards to Greek.

"Greek" is not the strength and conditioning coach.

Den21vsBal19
11-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Some injuries don't really concern, like Torrain's elbow, they're contact injuries and they will happen.........

Others, such as the spate of groins piss me off, because they do point at inadequacies in the training regime :frusty:

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
11-09-2008, 05:38 AM
yeah stupid trainers.

if it wasnt for them, torrain wouldnt of tore his knee or pittman hurt his spine or whatever his injury was.

seriously stop blamming the trainers.

you cant prevent injuries. stuff like injuries are just plain bad luck.

i bet if the patriots had better trainers, brady would be playing right now.

frenchfan
11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Thanks for all the replies guy :beer:

Just another question... We're getting thick at RB and LB... Who can we take now? I mean, I don't know all the rules about that and I was wondering who we could sign (can we make an offer to other teams or is it too late?).

TIA !