PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mailbag:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Some good questions/replies in this article: Here's one:

When John Elway said at the Super Bowl that Kyle Orton was the starting QB, the Denver media went crazy with "Elway doesn't believe in Tebow" articles. National media jumped on it, too. Later, John Elway comes out and says he's "Tebow's biggest fan" and that he believes it's not if but when Tim Tebow will develop, and he's stated it twice since. That story went national everywhere. What gives?
-- John, Wyoming

With one exception, everyone from Wyoming has known for at least the past 13 years that the most trusted source in Denver sports is The Denver Post. May you be our final Wyoming-based convert, John.

To begin, Elway never said he doesn't believe in Tebow. He has said Tebow needs work and must prove himself before he's ready to say he's an NFL starting quarterback. But that's not the same as saying he doesn't believe in him.

Elway has also said Orton would be the Broncos' starting quarterback if the season started today. I have always followed this comment with the disclaimer that the season isn't starting today.

While anything Elway says about Tebow will always be a story, I have consistently reported since December that once you go Tebow, you can't go back. I believe Tebow will be the Broncos' starting quarterback this year and Orton will be starting somewhere else. But you just can't give Tebow the job before training camp starts. He has to earn that type of security.

rest of questions-replies:http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_18456116

TXBRONC
07-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Some good questions/replies in this article: Here's one:

rest of questions-replies:http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_18456116

I read through the entire Q & A it was a good read. Klis has been a big advocate for Orton but even he thinks that Tebow is going end being the starting quarterback.

The Glue Factory
07-12-2011, 06:00 PM
With one exception, everyone from Wyoming has known for at least the past 13 years that the most trusted source in Denver sports is The Denver Post. May you be our final Wyoming-based convert, John.

And the rest of us know that the most trusted source of Broncos info is Adam Schefter. :rolleyes: