PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey back for Atlanta Game!!!

Italianmobstr7
11-07-2008, 02:52 AM
A team that has been hit hard with bad injury news over the past month might be getting a dose of good news next week.

Broncos Pro Bowl cornerback Champ Bailey said during pregame warmups that he intends to play in Denver’s next game at Atlanta in Week 11. Bailey was projected to miss up to five weeks with a groin injury and has missed the team’s past two games.

The location of the game will be a driving force for Bailey, who grew up in Georgia. Bailey said he really wants to play in front of his hometown fans, which he has not done since his days with the Redskins.

But assuming practice goes well next week, Bailey will be back on the field for the first time since he injured himself at New England, and sooner than some expected

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champ Bailey-DB- Broncos Nov. 6 - 9:41 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Champ Bailey (groin) intends to return to game action in Week 11 at Atlanta.
Groin injuries can linger, so Bailey will have to make it through a week of practices with no setbacks before he plays in front of his hometown fans. The Broncos can't stop anybody on defense, so they desperately need a healthy Bailey.
Source: NFL.com

dogfish
11-07-2008, 03:10 AM
i <3 champ bailey!

but i hope he isn't rushing himself back too quickly. . . i totally admire the guy for wanting to be out there-- not only is he a world class competitor, but i think he takes the responsibility of making the big bucks seriously, unlike a number of highly paid athletes. . . he KNOWS how badly this defense needs him, you could see on his face when they showed him on the sidelines tonight that it was just killing him to not be out there. . .

however. . . i hope he doesn't let those factors influence him into coming back when he's not physically ready. . . props to him if he's willing to suck it up and play through pain, but i'd hate to risk losing him for the rest of the season just to have him back for one game. . . as bad as this team has looked for a lot of this year, we somehow have a game-and-a-half game lead in the division and are obviously very alive for the playoffs if the offense can get back into a rhythm like they were to start the season. . . i know the odds are very badly stacked against us with the holes this team has and the inconsistency they've displayed, but once you get in anything can happen-- IF we somehow manage to get there, it'd sure be nice to have champ available! it's a fine line, and i hope he makes the right decision. . .

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Well. . .we needed some good news, or at least news that wasn't bad.

Traveler
11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
He's also from here so that might also be a factor.

Day1BroncoFan
11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I hope he's not rushing it, other than that this is good news.

SR
11-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Our team is young and weak minded, as well as easily impressionable. Things like this can make all the difference in the world...just like a 93 yard TD pass, or a fumble recovery. It's the little things.

BroncoManiac
11-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Maybe He should sit out another week.... Broncos need him to be 100% :noidea:

Foochacho
11-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Once champ gets back to being healthy it would be nice if they gave paymah a look at safety. I'm not big on switching people around but Paymah is not good enough to replace Bailey or Bly at cb and isn't going to get better. At least he can tackle and is aggresive. At safety he may actually try to make a play. He would have to look better than Marquand (greasy arms)Manuel. I don't wanna see Manuel try to tackle anyone again it's painful to watch.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Can't hurt.

bcbronc
11-07-2008, 02:19 PM
after watching Scheffler and Young hobble around the field last night, I'm a bit concerned by this. it's looking a little bit like our management is putting guys back in the lineup before they're ready.

Champs a thoroughbred. everyone knows you don't mess with a thoroughbred's groin when he's in his prime.

BigSarge87
11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
everyone knows you don't mess with a thoroughbred's groin when he's in his prime.

That's wisdom for the ages right there!! No offense bro, it just sounded funny to me, I understand what your saying completely

Kaylore
11-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Can't hurt.

It could if he's rushing it.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I meant the paymah thing.

G_Money
11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I wish guys would stop rushing back from Hamstring and Groin injuries. I know it's the Not For Long league and if you're out too long your backup may take your job, but leg muscle injuries become chronic conditions very easily. Hamstring tears jsut make it more likely that you'll tear it again later. Same with groins.

And they're hard to rehab quickly. It just takes time. Young and Scheffler didn't take the time, and both guys might miss more time now. I just think Champ's gonna get added to that list. It's not like his job requires lots of running or anything...

~G

Buff
11-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Anyone remember the Philly game at home 2-3 years ago? Champ was playing through a nagging hamstring or groin and he just got lit up by T.O. You could tell he didn't have his closing speed... A DB without the ability to explode in and out of cuts is pretty much worthless, even if his name is Champ Bailey...

So I echo everyone else here when I say-- If he is going to come back, I hope he's 100%. Othwerwise, I'd rather him wait a couple more weeks as opposed to it be a nagging injury the rest of the year.

Peerless
11-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't know how I feel about this....

Champ needs to really look at the situation with his injury, and actually feel that his groin is good to go...

We don't NEED Bailey next week against ATL.... We at least will be leading the division if the Dolts win next Sunday.

I'm thinking long term, and end of season timing if he does hurt his groin even more...