PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Ryan Torain

CrazyHorse
11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I didn't see the game. Does he seem like the real deal?
Allthough only 12 carries, 5+ YPC is good.

Mike
11-06-2008, 11:31 PM
He got better as the game went on. Not speedy or flashy, pounder. I hope his injury isn't serious, but it didn't look good.

Northman
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Slow and evidently still soft or not 100%.

CrazyHorse
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Injury? Are you serious?

Northman
Injury? Are you serious?

Yep.

slim
I didn't see the game. Does he seem like the real deal?
Allthough only 12 carries, 5+ YPC is good.

He got hurt, which is not a good sign.

I think he was tentative early (from what I saw, which wasn't much) but seemed to get better as the game progressed.

Most of this analysis is based on crappy internet pictures and stats....I kinda feel like BG7...fyi.

lex
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
He runs stiff and seems to have a problem transitioning to an appropriate pad level and as a result, he gets stood up a lot and is exposed to injury in addition to rarely falling forward for yardage.

I was more impressed with Hillis. That dude took Shaun Rogers head on and fell forward for like 3 yards leaving Rogers on the ground injured.

Slick
11-06-2008, 11:36 PM
He got hurt, which is not a good sign.

I think he was tentative early (from what I saw, which wasn't much) but seemed to get better as the game progressed.

Most of this analysis is based on crappy internet pictures and stats....I kinda feel like BG7...fyi.

Damn slim, I had a decent online feed tonight. I feel like shit now for not PMing it to you. My bad.

Mike
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I was more impressed with Hillis. The guy plays with heart.

I was a little irritated that they didn't get him involved in the passing game though. Hopefully, they utilize him more in the future.

G_Money
11-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Tentative to start the game, started playing with more abandon and less stutter-stepping as the game went on. Average speed. Did some leaping and some gashing through holes. Doesn't have enough leg drive to move a pile, even big and tall as he is, because he stands too high. Got injured being bent over with his legs fallen on during an inside run. Another drawback of running straight up and down is you get bent over backward by tackles from behind.

Assuming he's all right, and he should be, I have no problem running him back out there again next week (which is good, because we don't currently have a lot of other options).

Though I'd have him split carries with Hillis.

~G

weazel
11-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Im sorry, he reminded me of Tatum Bell. Bell ran high, so does this guy. Bell injured easily, so does this guy.

next...

Mike
11-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Im sorry, he reminded me of Tatum Bell. Bell ran high, so does this guy. Bell injured easily, so does this guy.

next...

He runs tougher than Bell.

Give the guy some time guys...sheesh.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 11:42 PM
hE GOT TURNED AROUND A LOT. A few plays ended w/ him trying to post up the tackler.

all in all, he did ok.

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I was inpressed with Peyton Hillis
who saved our asses in this game :beer:

Northman
11-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Certainly next to Hillis he looked good.

weazel
11-06-2008, 11:45 PM
He runs tougher than Bell.

Give the guy some time guys...sheesh.

I will watch again, but I never seen toughness. His bigger gains were because of big holes. When hit, he went down quickly

slim
11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
He hasn't played a game in over a year. WTF did you guys expect?

Give him a game or two to shake off the rust and get acclimated to the speed of the pro game.

FFS, he averaged over 5 yards per carry. WTF do you want?

Northman
11-06-2008, 11:48 PM

Give him a game or two to shake off the rust and get acclimated to the speed of the pro game.

2000 yds. :rolleyes:

jk. just busting your balls. :D

weazel
11-06-2008, 11:50 PM

How often did Hillis play?

smith49
11-06-2008, 11:54 PM

my thoughts exactly slim. i was actually impressed with him for the most part. after a few runs he started to see that cut back lane and went through it pretty well. if he had not gotten injured i think he would have had a descent night. hell, 5 yards per carry is alright by me.

slim
11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
my thoughts exactly slim. i was actually impressed with him for the most part. after a few runs he started to see that cut back lane and went through it pretty well. if he had not gotten injured i think he would have had a descent night. hell, 5 yards per carry is alright by me.

It started off pretty tentative, but started to get into a flow. I will be looking forward to watching him next week.

smith49

i wasnt counting, but from what i remember he was in there most of the night. once torain went down he went back to tb, and had some nice, powerfull runs.

smith49
It started off pretty tentative, but started to get into a flow. I will be looking forward to watching him next week.

any word on the injury?

slim
11-06-2008, 11:57 PM

:confused:

What do you mean? He played the FB until Torain got hurt and then he moved to RB. I think he averaged around 3 yards per carry, IIRC.

slim
11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
any word on the injury?

Not that I know...the guys on NFL that were calling the game made it sound like it wasnt' a big deal :noidea:

G_Money
11-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Server's about to go down, night y'all. :salute:

~G

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2008, 12:00 AM
At least Torrain was hitting the holes. He was doing a better job of getting into the hole and getting north and south better than anyone I've seen this season in a Broncos uniform.

Hopefully, he's not too injured.

He can be taught (I would think) to get his pad level lower for contact, and it might just be rust. I want to see another couple of games and another couple weeks practice for him and see what it does for his game.

NightTrainLayne
11-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Server's about to go down, night y'all. :salute:

~G

Not yet. If it's 12:00 Central we've got another hour.

honz
11-07-2008, 12:02 AM

For real. Sports fans are amazing sometimes.

Then again, I gave up on the Broncos and their season midway through the game tonight, so who am I to preach?:lol:

smith49
11-07-2008, 12:08 AM
For real. Sports fans are amazing sometimes.

Then again, I gave up on the Broncos and their season midway through the game tonight, so who am I to preach?:lol:

:lol:^^

i can't say that im not right there with ya honz.

Italianmobstr7
11-07-2008, 12:11 AM
He looked good, the injury did not.

Magnificent Seven
11-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Dark Horse key is Hillis! He got the 1st down after they were 4 & 1 in 4th quarter.

Italianmobstr7
11-07-2008, 01:00 AM
according to ESPN.COM Shanahan said Ryan Torain's sprained knee "doesn't look good." That kind of sucks. He looked good before the injury, or at least he was starting to.

G_Money
11-07-2008, 01:04 AM
If Torain's down, then we'd damn well better get a real RB in the draft. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to do that before round 3. We NEED a MLB and at least one safety in the worst way, and I can't see us affording em on the open market even if one pops available. The ones that look available are downsiders.

*sighs* ONE of these years I'd really like a RB that's not made of glass, or a fumbler, or a pansy, or mediocre.

Shonn Greene, third round.

~G

broncogirl7
11-07-2008, 01:10 AM
He was looking so good until the injury. Any word on how long it will take to recover from it?

Good news...Hillis looked great.

Italianmobstr7
11-07-2008, 02:38 AM
He was looking so good until the injury. Any word on how long it will take to recover from it?

Good news...Hillis looked great.

Torn ACL. Out for the season :frown: :sad: :banghead:

ChampSB3233
11-07-2008, 02:48 AM
MRI on Friday. Likely done for season.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/06/broncos-report-injuries-give-rookie-lb-woodyard/

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I liked what I saw of Torain. He was getting better with each carry. It's a shame he suffered the knee injury. Being he suffered it so late in the season, if this is an ACL it will affect his ability to contribute next year as well. It's a shame because I feel this guy has the tools.

broncogirl7
11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Torn ACL. Out for the season :frown: :sad: :banghead:

DAMN! That just sucks! :tsk:

CoachChaz
11-07-2008, 09:44 AM
If Torain's down, then we'd damn well better get a real RB in the draft. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to do that before round 3. We NEED a MLB and at least one safety in the worst way, and I can't see us affording em on the open market even if one pops available. The ones that look available are downsiders.

*sighs* ONE of these years I'd really like a RB that's not made of glass, or a fumbler, or a pansy, or mediocre.

~G

One guy that could be there in the third and would be a steal is Gerald McGrath. If we could pick him up in the 3rd, that would be incredible. Not a MLB, but a stud nonetheless

tomjonesrocks
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Torn ACL--ridiculous.

underrated29
11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Ryan looked ok at first.

He seemed to run scared the whole game. He was loosening up a bit on the last few runs and was starting to show some speed and burst. Despite what others have said, he runs with a lot of power. I dont think he really got a chance to demonstrate that as the holes were either huge or non existant. Meaning he ran right into a handfull of defenders.

Hes got the goods and i dont see a need to draft a rb higher than the 4th at all.

I also dont think he is made of glass, i dont know about his old injuries, but this new one, was just bad luck.

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 01:29 PM

~G

This injury puts us in a pickle for the future. We need defense bad but we also need a stud RB too. EACH pick will have to count next year as will each free agent signing.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-07-2008, 01:30 PM
At least we've been stockpiling em.