PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Winborn celebrates better than he tackles

Peerless
11-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Jeez...

How many times have you counted this scrub celebrating on a first and second down stop.... while the D gives up the third down conversion.

I'm sick of this idiot...

G_Money
11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Winborn and Webster celebrate normal plays really hard. I guess that happens when you're a marginal player and don't expect to ever make a play.

~G

dogfish
11-06-2008, 09:43 PM
couldn't agree more, i was going to start a thread about it myself. . . shut the **** up winborn, you're embarrassing yourself! you're part of one of the worst units in the history of the franchise, there's nothing to celebrate. . .

Peerless
11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Winborn was the same idiot that was celebrating when we were getting raped in the 4th Q against the Pats...

Please Jamie....

BroncoAV06
11-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Isn't that part of the the reason Del Rio and Peterson got into it this week, celebrating when they were down to Cincy?

Agree, basic tackle = no celebrating.

Peerless
11-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Since I'm in such a bashing mood...

I don't know why he does it... but I hate EVERY TIME that when Manuel lines up to put 8 in the box, he is always pointing and looking away from the play. No wonder he's always late coming in at the end of a tackle.

EastCoastBronco
11-06-2008, 10:07 PM
At least they have some freaking heart...More than I can say for the rest of this damn team...

Dean
11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Winborn and Webster celebrate normal plays really hard. I guess that happens when you're a marginal player and don't expect to ever make a play.

~G

Hey, you should see them before the game. :eek: I don't think that they have lost a pregame, yet, this year. :confused:

G_Money
11-06-2008, 11:43 PM
At least they have some freaking heart...More than I can say for the rest of this damn team...

Peyton Hillis has heart. Wesley Woodyard has heart. Eddie Royal has heart.

Winborn and Webster have bluster and bravado.

Looks like heart on the outside, until the going gets tough.

I'd rather have the heart.

~G

MasterShake
11-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I thought Winborn played really well tonight. 12 tackles is great, he can celebrate all he wants.

G_Money
11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Winborn had so many tackles because they were going to his side of the field all the time. That's where the gaffes and the gaps were. Like Paymah last week.

Getting lots of tackles doesn't mean you're necessarily playing well.

~G

weazel
11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
I think Winborn does alot of things better than he tackles

scott.475
11-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Guys, you are missing the perspective here. I want you to think about our defensive unit for a moment.

Okay, now, this is what is going through these guys' minds: "Holy crap! I made a tackle! I actually made a tackle! Holy crap! Whoda thunk?! I didn't know I could do that? Is that what a tackle feels like? WHOOOYA BABY! WOOHOOO!"

So lighten up, people, keep it in perspective!

G_Money
11-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Near the end of the game he made some better plays, when we actually needed them made and not 5-10 yards downfield.

But the maddening thing about Winborn has always been his overpursuit and his haphazard approach to tackling. It's why he's good on kick coverage - he gets the chance to rev his engine to the red-line, which is where he likes it. But when he plays the actual game like that he screws up and gets himself out of position. Woodyard and Winborn are same size, same speed, both good ST players. But Winborn is a Go, Go, Wait, Retreat, Find the Ball, Dammit player while Woodyard is (or was in college and has been thus far a Read, React, and Explode To the Ball player.

Winborn moves without reading the play. He assumes. So he gets into trouble.

It's just frustrating, and that lack of discipline kills us in gap control and in holding the edge.

The celebrations when he does something right just gall those of us who want to beat him for all the things he screws up in the course of a game.

~G

Italianmobstr7
11-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Winborn played good near the end. He led our team with 13 tackles... Woodyard was 2nd with 10.

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 09:20 AM
You beat me to this post. I was thinking the same thing. Webster and Winborn will celebrate 21 points down and after tackling a player who just ripped a 30 yard gain on them. Complete idiots. I was actually happy when Webster went out last night not because he got hurt, just because Kato plays with more class. I pray both scrubs are off of this team next year.

shank
11-07-2008, 09:44 AM
You beat me to this post. I was thinking the same thing. Webster and Winborn will celebrate 21 points down and after tackling a player who just ripped a 30 yard gain on them. Complete idiots. I was actually happy when Webster went out last night not because he got hurt, just because Kato plays with more class. I pray both scrubs are off of this team next year.

niko might play with more class.. only problem is that he too celebrates better than he tackles. he doesn't.

Ziggy
11-07-2008, 10:30 AM

Agreed. I don't think I've seen such stupid celebrations for a simple tackle in all the years I've been watching the Broncos. It's flat out embarrasing. I'd love to see Ray Lewis come in here next season as an UDFA. He would slap the paint off of Winborn's helmet for doing that kind of crap.

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I read this is exactly the reason Del Rio sent Peterson home. Celebrating while losing

Bronco Bible
11-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I swear he wastes more energy unsnspping his chin strap and acting like an idiot than on playing football..

Buff
11-30-2008, 05:08 PM
:bump:

Superchop 7
11-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I appreciate a fired up team.

Nothing wrong with emotion.

When it's close.

If you are way ahead......chill.

If you are way behind.....chill.

It's called class.

Dean
11-30-2008, 06:08 PM
He sure screwed up on the TD run. All three LB read the playing going to their right and took an angle. The TB actually went to the defensive left. Winborn was caught up in the traffic (poor angle) and got walled off. Safety, also, was out of position over commiting to the defensive right as well- TD.

I wonder what the read was that had everyone start to the defensive right? I guess they have it fixed, now. They are handling the Jets run game so far.

slim
11-30-2008, 07:53 PM
He sure screwed up on the TD run. All three LB read the playing going to their right and took an angle. The TB actually went to the defensive left. Winborn was caught up in the traffic (poor angle) and got walled off. Safety, also, was out of position over commiting to the defensive right as well- TD.

I wonder what the read was that had everyone start to the defensive right? I guess they have it fixed, now. They are handling the Jets run game so far.

Yep, he cost us 7 points...

Dean
11-30-2008, 07:59 PM
To his credit, he improved as the game wore on. Overall, he did pretty well.

roomemp
12-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Not so sure why everyone is so down on Winborn. I know he celebrates a lot but I like it. He is bringing passion to the D. His tackling actually looks solid to me, and so does his cover skills. I think it is the fact that he is excited after every tackle that rubs people the wrong way. Personally I like it and I like Winborn. I say we keep him on the strongside next year and get rid of Boss.

gobroncsnv
12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
niko might play with more class.. only problem is that he too celebrates better than he tackles. he doesn't.

Tackle??? oh, you meant celebrate, right? or did you mean he doesn't tackle???

To the point that G's making, if you bring speed to the field at LB, you have to be smart enough not to run yourself out of a play.... my beef with Webster and Winborn. (an ADD moment, does your name have to start with W to be a starting Bronco LB??? I mean, say Spencer's last name with an Elmer Fudd accent, and we got'm all!)
Speed under control is what we need. Like they say in the Tube stations in London, MIND THE GAP!