PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Terrelle Pryor won't be on the Broncos' radar if the NFL has a supplemental draft this year

TXBRONC
07-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Q&A: Terrelle Pryor won't be on the Broncos' radar if the NFL has a supplemental draft this year
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/06/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

Q: Will the Broncos be interested in selecting former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor if the NFL has a supplemental draft this summer?

A: The Broncos likely would have little interest in Pryor, 22, who is a substantial question mark as an NFL quarterback. They have bigger needs than the quarterback position and will need all available draft picks to rebuild their roster in the John Fox era.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18414050

I know it's seems obvious but someone is going to suggest it if it hasn't been already.

OrangeHoof
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Thank goodness. We don't need any more clowns in the quarterback circus.

TXBRONC
07-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank goodness. We don't need any more clowns in the quarterback circus.

That's cold. :lol:

UnderArmour
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I see that Captain Obvious got a job at the Denver Post. Good for him.

jwmann2
07-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Why would you take Pryor. If you can't make the right decisions off the field when it's easy, how are you going to make the right decisions on the field with 70,000+ watching you? He is the same as Cam Newton and Vince Young. Great athlete, ok QB.

TXBRONC
07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
I see that Captain Obvious got a job at the Denver Post. Good for him.

Legwold? He's been at the DP since the RMN went bellyup.

topscribe
07-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Legwold? He's been at the DP since the RMN went bellyup.

And one of the reasons he got the job with the DP is because he is one of the
better reporters in Denver, I'm sure. I've always enjoyed his analyses . . .

-----

topscribe
07-06-2011, 12:07 PM
"They have concerns about Pryor's footwork in the pocket and his accuracy as a passer."

Yup. There is enough to do in that area with what the Broncos have right now . . .

-----

TXBRONC
07-06-2011, 12:11 PM
And one of the reasons he got the job with the DP is because he is one of the
better reporters in Denver, I'm sure. I've always enjoyed his analyses . . .

-----

I think he's also a voting member of the Hall of Fame.

nevcraw
07-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Orton would make a good mentor for Pryor.

SOCALORADO.
07-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Pryor is a 5th-6th round player and nothing more.
He never was considered anything anyways, and hes
only getting hype because,
A. He was part of a massive NCAA violation, media, bust.
B. Hes an idiot.

vandammage13
07-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Why would you take Pryor. If you can't make the right decisions off the field when it's easy, how are you going to make the right decisions on the field with 70,000+ watching you? He is the same as Cam Newton and Vince Young. Great athlete, ok QB.

I'm not defending Pryor, I think he's going to be a bust. However, I don't think playing in front of 70,000+ would be a reason that would contribute to his failure...He's used to playing in front of way more than that at Ohio State.

TXBRONC
07-06-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm not defending Pryor, I think he's going to be a bust. However, I don't think playing in front of 70,000+ would be a reason that would contribute to his failure...He's used to playing in front of way more than that at Ohio State.

He's played in "The Big House" that seats 100,000 people.

Bad Intentions
07-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Pryor probably would have been a first-second round pick in the 2012 draft. Hell, he could have shot up the draft boards just like Cam Newton did with some impressive pre-draft workouts.

I personally don't like him as a QB. But if I am a team like the Colts, Patriots, or Chargers (with star QBs that aren't likely to feel threatened) I'd gladly throw a 3rd, maybe even a 2nd out there for him. They won't get a similar caliber player in the draft next year in the 2nd or 3rd. And I believe his position in the NFL will be WR and he will be similar to a guy like Plaxico Burress (probably in more ways than one!).

BroncoStud
07-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Dude can't pass and isn't smart enough to learn how.