PDA

View Full Version : I know history usually does not mean anything but

Medford Bronco
11-05-2008, 05:42 PM
The Broncos have won 18 of their last 20 vs the Browns
since 1975, including 7 straight wins vs them.

The last time they beat us was in 1990 when Denver truly
sucked with a 5-11 record and they won 30-29

Are you kidding me. I would have thought we had a good record
vs them but no this staggering.

I just hope that the good karma is on our side with a QB who
has a whole 8 NFL passing attempts to his resume..Hopefully get back in the
groove vs a team that to me is very beatable.

If we lose this game I feel that the slide could continue on longer.

If we right the ship and play a good game, maybe some of the confidence
from the first 5 weeks comes back.

I am not usually an oranage colored glasses kind of guy but
I have a good feeling about this game.

Please feel free to add and hopfully a Bronco win.

LRtagger
11-05-2008, 05:48 PM
More recent history (2007 preseason), Quinn went 7 for 11, 81 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT...let's hope he doesn't pick up where he left off.

Broncos Mtnman
11-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Well, going into NE two games ago, Shanny had only lost to the Patsies one time.

Going into the game against Miami after the bye week, Shanny had only lost two games at home after a bye.

Forgive me for not putting too much stock in ANY history as we prepare to play a Browns team starting a new QB.

Krugan
11-05-2008, 11:06 PM
We have been re-writting our history books all year...

Please, no more history!

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 08:56 AM
I tried to be postitive and I guess I am in the minority.

and most who know me know that i am far from
and orange colored glasses kind of guy

we shall see. I actually have a good feeling about this
game and if I am wrong I will come back admit it

In-com-plete
11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
How about that game at home back in '03.

Cleveland had just drove about 60 yards and kicked the go ahead field goal to make it 20-17 with about a minute left in the game. I think it was 2nd and short at our 30 yard line. Plummer avoided the rush and completed about a 50 yard pass to Lelie. Lelie of course pushed off and fell down after the catch (because that's what Lelie always did, push off and fall down).

The next play was a spike with about 10 seconds left and Elam hit the chip shot to send it to OT. The first play of OT was a boot by Plummer, who ran for about a 25 yard gain. Then Portis ran 5 or 6 times for about 25 yards, got hurt, and then Elam kicked the game winner.

I can't remember much about the '06 game. Just that we won and that was our first real glimpse of Marshall. I believe he had a TD in that game, but also caught his first NFL pass also that day.

Reidman
11-06-2008, 02:52 PM
We've been setting a lot of historical landmarks lately, most of them bad...

If we can keep turnovers under our usual avg of 6, I think we'll do fine.

Slick
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
If the Browns beat us, fine. I just don't want us to beat ourselves again. I appreciate your positivity Med. :beer: We need some of that around here.

Lonestar
11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm positive our defense sucks. How is that..

It will most likely get worse considering their runnig attack and our complete revamping of players due to injury..

I'm positive OUR TOP sucks, how is that?

The only hope we have is establishing a running game with Nobody running backs and a OLINE that has not fared well run blocking..

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 11:29 PM
The Browns have now lost 19 of 21 to denver and have choked away leads in lots of them. I will take it.. Good karma and Cutler, Royal, Torrain (before injury), Graham and Scheff all manning up. This was one of the most enjoyable wins because when down 23-10 I thought we were cooked. Fun stuff.

now Champ and DJ please please get healthy as we need you badly.

Broncos Mtnman
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Great job by a team that lost it's last two running backs. Ellis was the MVP (at least that's what my article will say) along with Jay. With everyone in Cleveland knowing Jay had to throw alot, he manned up and did his job.

It was a tough one, but I'll take it.

I guess history really does repeat itself.

:beer:

Medford Bronco
11-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Great job by a team that lost it's last two running backs. Ellis was the MVP (at least that's what my article will say) along with Jay. With everyone in Cleveland knowing Jay had to throw alot, he manned up and did his job.

It was a tough one, but I'll take it.

I guess history really does repeat itself.

:beer:

med is not usually a positive guy but I felt postive before this game mtn man:beer:

not how i drew it up but I will take it.

and a special thank you to Kellen Staph Infection Winslow :lol: