PDA

View Full Version : Faith Hill to do Sunday Night theme song!

Calibroncogrl47
08-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Faith Hill will sing the opening theme to NBC's "Sunday Night Football" this season, the network announced Wednesday.

The country star will perform "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" before each game. The song, which pop singer Pink sang last season, is set to the tune of Joan Jett's '80s hit, "I Hate Myself for Loving You."

"I'm honored to have been asked," Hill told The Associated Press in a phone interview from her home near Nashville. "I truly am a football fan. Particularly, men find it hard to believe that women can be big fans of football, but I love it. I loved it in junior high and high school, but being married to a man who schedules his life around football games, it makes it a lot easier."

Hill, of course, is married to fellow country star Tim McGraw. A couple of years ago, McGraw sang the music to his "I Like It, I Love It" with the lyrics rewritten to go with the halftime highlight reel on "Monday Night Football."

I guess that is cool... I like her.. I just think they should have picked someone else to do it :rolleyes:

2- Minute Warning
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
WHO?? ......................kidding.;)

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
This is good news.

I don't know if it made any difference, but I wrote a letter to NBC last season after Pink was quoted about being interested in group sex with she and her husband participating.

I'm happy to see Pink is gone.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I could care less really who sings it.

Faith does have an amazing voice and is a good woman to represent the Sunday Night program.

I think they should have gotten Hannah Montana. That way I wouldn't have to fight the remote away from my daughters when the game starts...:(

Reidman
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Mmmmm........Faith Hill.....

good choice.

sneakers
08-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I wish they would have no singers and go to a classical soundtrack!

broncosfanscott
08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Faith Hill has a great voice so I think it will be fine, yet I will have to see the first SNF game so I can give a fair judgement.