PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos Research Survey

Denver Broncos Research
06-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Broncos Fans and Supporters!

We are a team of students at the University of Colorado at Boulder working on a research project for the Denver Broncos. We are conducting a survey that will look into the demographics of Broncos fans (YOU!) to reveal what the fans want. We are looking for anyone and everyone to fill out this survey in order to help us and the Denver Broncos. This survey is very short and should only take a minute of your time. Our results will be analyzed and presented directly to the Denver Broncos management. Please distribute this survey to any Broncos Fans you know who may want to participate. Thank you for your time in helping us complete this research and… GO BRONCOS!!!

Follow this link to the survey -->

http://leeds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cYkpN9nbSWQPaq8

Denver Native (Carol)
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
It might be best to provide a little more information - why would the Broncos request an outside group to do this, rather than doing it themselves?

GEM
06-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I clicked on the link, it is a survey.

GEM
06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Short survey, one page. Help the college kids out.

Canmore
06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I clicked on the link, it is a survey.

I checked out qualtrics.com and they have a bunch of Fortune 500 companies listed. I took the survey.

Kash
06-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Here is what it is for if anyone is wondering: http://leeds.colorado.edu/sports#overview. It is a summer class at CU. Also OP if you haven't already I'd recommend posting your survey on the BroncosCountry message boards too, its another good bronco's forum with a lot of active members

Agent of Orange
06-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Lame. Its a survey whose agenda is to try to get the Broncos to cowtow to hispanic fans. It's also a sloppy survey since a lot of the questions should allow you to make multiple selections.

I think I'll pass.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-30-2011, 06:33 PM
I have a hard time believing that the Denver Broncos have anything to do with this. A few months ago, they sent a lengthy survey to all season ticket holders.

NightTerror218
06-30-2011, 06:39 PM
I have a hard time believing that the Denver Broncos have anything to do with this. A few months ago, they sent a lengthy survey to all season ticket holders.

Not every company/business does everything in house, and working with a local college is good publicity.......

DallasChief
06-30-2011, 06:44 PM

Yeah, you wouldn't want to share your feelings about the Broncos to anyone other then official Denver Bronco staff members.

shank
06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Lame. Its a survey whose agenda is to try to get the Broncos to cowtow to hispanic fans. It's also a sloppy survey since a lot of the questions should allow you to make multiple selections.

I think I'll pass.

what the hell is a cowtow?

topscribe
06-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't understand the question about Xportiva, Fiestas Patrias, or Cinco de
Mayo. How is that relevant? :confused:

Strange . . .

-----

topscribe
06-30-2011, 06:56 PM

A bovine leash?

-----

dogfish
06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
this thread has black hole potential. . . .

frauschieze
06-30-2011, 07:04 PM

Carol, this sort of thing goes on all the time between colleges and businesses. Many classes will survey different people to gain experience in marketing, like how to write a good survey, what kind of bias can be inherent, typical response rates, how do run an analysis on results and interpret said results, compare statistics...a plethora of valuable skills and experiences can come from a simple survey like this.

It definitely feels like a college survey, in writing style and questions asked. I don't see the harm. Having just come from a situation where I frequently had to ask people to take surveys, participate in simulations, etc, I am extremely sympathetic.

I took the survey and I highly encourage everyone else too. It's not going to take much time, and you're helping students learn and get a good grade.

frauschieze
06-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't understand the question about Xportiva, Fiestas Patrias, or Cinco de
Mayo. How is that relevant? :confused:

Strange . . .

-----

I'm betting it would be an interesting statistical comparison point.

Remember, a survey for a college course is often just as much about teaching the student as it is the results.

TXBRONC
06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I took the survey I hope it's helpful.

Agent of Orange
06-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Carol, this sort of thing goes on all the time between colleges and businesses. Many classes will survey different people to gain experience in marketing, like how to write a good survey, what kind of bias can be inherent, typical response rates, how do run an analysis on results and interpret said results, compare statistics...a plethora of valuable skills and experiences can come from a simple survey like this.

It definitely feels like a college survey, in writing style and questions asked. I don't see the harm. Having just come from a situation where I frequently had to ask people to take surveys, participate in simulations, etc, I am extremely sympathetic.

I took the survey and I highly encourage everyone else too. It's not going to take much time, and you're helping students learn and get a good grade.

Well lets start with the fact that the questions don't/can't represent the feelings of many because the options are too limited. So someone could get the wrong impression by looking at the results of a poll that lacks validity. Secondly, there is clearly an agenda here and one is just feeding that agenda by participating in this.

frauschieze
07-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Well lets start with the fact that the questions don't/can't represent the feelings of many because the options are too limited. So someone could get the wrong impression by looking at the results of a poll that lacks validity. Secondly, there is clearly an agenda here and one is just feeding that agenda by participating in this.

Ummm.....I'm guessing you don't have much experience with surveys, and it's probably been more than a few years since you've taken a business marketing class.

It's not the best written survey I've seen by any means, but options were by no means too limited (too many options won't allow for statistically significant results when you can only gather a small amount of data) and there is certainly not an agenda here, other than to give experience to a bunch of college students. Read the effing overview of the course and quit being a douche.

sneakers
07-01-2011, 04:00 AM
I doubt we will ever see this poster ever again....I think it is spam

tomjonesrocks
07-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Lame. Its a survey whose agenda is to try to get the Broncos to cowtow to hispanic fans.

I had to look it up.

"Kowtow (; Cantonese: kau tàuh, khấu đầu) is the act of deep respect shown by kneeling and bowing so low as to have one's head touching the ground..." I like it and may try to shoehorn it into a conversation soon.

And yeah, I had to gather surveys in college for one class. Stood out front at Barnes and Noble with clipboards. It sucked.

NightTerror218
07-01-2011, 11:29 AM

It depends on the goal of the survey, but lack of options and simplicity can also help in removing errors and sort of forces certain answers.

BroncoNut
07-01-2011, 12:43 PM

:lol:

BroncoNut
07-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Ummm.....I'm guessing you don't have much experience with surveys, and it's probably been more than a few years since you've taken a business marketing class.

It's not the best written survey I've seen by any means, but options were by no means too limited (too many options won't allow for statistically significant results when you can only gather a small amount of data) and there is certainly not an agenda here, other than to give experience to a bunch of college students. Read the effing overview of the course and quit being a douche.

Frau. you had me at statistically significant results.

BroncoNut
07-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I completed this survey. it was not that bad to take. Only took me a couple of minutes.

LordTrychon
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
An online forum for Denver Fans isn't the best place to wrangle up locals either, which this was aimed at. A lot of people on the boards are there because they don't get the local coverage (In my experience).

Oh well. I filled it out. Had to skip the last one though. Hope that doesn't invalidate my responses.

BroncoNut
07-01-2011, 01:10 PM
An online forum for Denver Fans isn't the best place to wrangle up locals either, which this was aimed at. A lot of people on the boards are there because they don't get the local coverage (In my experience).

Oh well. I filled it out. Had to skip the last one though. Hope that doesn't invalidate my responses.

good point LT. I can't do volunteer work at invesco because I live on the ec for example

LordTrychon
07-01-2011, 01:42 PM
good point LT. I can't do volunteer work at invesco because I live on the ec for example

I do volunteer work for the Broncos. I'd love to get merchandise for it. :D

edit: I'm pretty sure the survey was talking about doing volunteer work for the community though, and not asking for volunteer help.

Lonestar
07-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I had to wonder if everyone for the same questions depending on enthicity that was on the first page.

Someone mentioned cinco demayo which I do not recall seeing on my questionare.

FanInAZ
07-02-2011, 01:24 AM
I don't understand the question about...Cinco de
Mayo.

I had to wonder if everyone for the same questions depending on enthicity that was on the first page.

Someone mentioned cinco demayo which I do not recall seeing on my questionare.

Cinco de Mayo is Spanish of "5th of May." It's erroneously referred to by many as "Mexican Independence Day." In actuality, it was a Mexican victory over the French during France's 1862 invasion of Mexico. The French succeed in their invasion and ruled over Mexico, in spite the Mexican victory on Cinco de Mayo, until 1867.

http://www.mexonline.com/cinco-de-mayo.htm

Agent of Orange
07-02-2011, 01:26 AM

The options are too limited and lets just take one example to put the stupidity of this comment on display.

Why are you a Broncos fan?

a. Grew up with the Broncos/ influence of family
b. Location (they are the closest NFL team to you)
c. Team success/ tradition
d. Influence of friends
e. Other (please specify)

Take the above. For a lot of people, the answer quite likely is all of the above. And asking them to pinpoint one answer above all others is allowing whim to drive the results. In other words, if you ask the same person, this question, one day it might be A, while the next day it might be B, and so on. And before you say that they can use 'other' for all of the above, an answer that is a candidate to be the most popular answer should never have a vague or nebuluous category such as "other". Thats incredibly shoddy.

This question would have been better if people would have been asked to rank A-E on the effect they've had. This way the answers not selected arent all lumped together. You can see matters of degree. In other words, if you rank them in importance and A is most significant with a 5, and B is a 4 while D is 0, this way you can see that B is closer to A and that B and D are not the same. The way this question is asked, B and D are equally insignificant. The way this question is massively flawed in this way.

But go ahead and keep defending this piece of crap because you took a class and assume others have not.

Regarding the agenda that you dispute. The ethnicity question is the very first one. Not only that but check out the arrangement of choices. Notice how they're in no discernible order (certainly not alphabetical). Notice which is the first choice. The very first question might as well be asking "are you hispanic?".

Stop being naive.

frauschieze
07-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Been formulatiing any good conspiracy theories lately?

Seriously, that's pretty funny stuff.

Lonestar
07-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Cinco de Mayo is Spanish of "5th of May." It's erroneously referred to by many as "Mexican Independence Day." In actuality, it was a Mexican victory over the French during France's 1862 invasion of Mexico. The French succeed in their invasion and ruled over Mexico, in spite the Mexican victory on Cinco de Mayo, until 1867.

http://www.mexonline.com/cinco-de-mayo.htm

Thanks for the history lesson.

I hope everyone now knows, but it was wasted on me as I live in El Paso Del Norte. What the mexicans call Pass of the North.

Lots of folks in this city believe it to be part of Mexico and the way it is run by city government I'm starting to believe it is the northern most city of the state Chihuahua rather than the western most city in the state Texas.

I know Cinco Demayo very well.

It is probably celebrated more than the 4th of July is.

Agent of Orange
07-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Been formulatiing any good conspiracy theories lately?

Seriously, that's pretty funny stuff.

Conspiracy theories...? Is that the best you can come up with?

Lonestar
07-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Conspiracy theories...? Is that the best you can come up with?

sounded god to me also..

I do not agree with Frau on much, but this time yeah.

Denver Broncos Research
07-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Broncos Fans and Supporters,

We thank all of you who have completed the survey to this point. The information we have gathered so far has been informative and eye-opening. We truly appreciate your opinions and take them very seriously. We would like to encourage everyone who has not taken the survey to please participate and distribute this to any and every Broncos fan they know. Thank you again for your time helping us conduct our research. And again... GO BRONCOS!!!

Follow this link to the survey -->

http://leeds.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cYkpN9nbSWQPaq8