PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think we go after Deangelo Hall?

myfastx
11-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Just saw this on NFL.com and PFT:
Adam Schefter
Hall to be released Wednesday

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: DeAngelo Hall, Oakland Raiders

The Oakland Raiders and cornerback DeAngelo Hall completed the paperwork Tuesday night, and the move will become official today.

In the first of what could be a flurry of releases, the Raiders will waive Hall, freeing them from the $16 million in injury-guaranteed bonuses they would have had to pay him next season.

Instead, Hall will have gotten money for almost nothing — $8 million for eight games, a nice, tidy $1 million per game salary.

Hall will be placed on waivers, where any team will have the right to claim him and his contract. If he goes unclaimed, Hall will be free to sign with any team, and he will want it to be with a playoff contender.

Teams interested in him during the offseason were the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins and New York Giants. New England has also been in the market for cornerbacks.

Hall is expected to resurface quickly while the Raiders begin rebuilding yet again. Hall will be the first high-priced player released. But he will not be the last.

I know Hall was horrible against us earlier this year but he is a good corner and we are hurting. I think it might be a good addition for us.

underrated29
11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
before you get flamed there are already a couple posts, so be on the lookout...

I dont think we do. I would love us to, but i doubt it..

Day1BroncoFan
11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
No.

Northman
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Why? So Eddie Royal can burn him more in practice? The guy is overrated.

Benetto
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
No way!! He would cost us a lot of penalty yards.

GEM
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
No thank you! We already have a cornerback named toast...he goes by Paymah.

Day1BroncoFan
11-05-2008, 02:12 PM
No thank you! We already have a cornerback named toast...he goes by Paymah.

Or Bly.

GEM
11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Or Bly.

Bly isn't quite as bad as Paymah or Hall. Paymah is a TD or PI call everytime. :tsk:

Day1BroncoFan
11-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Bly isn't quite as bad as Paymah or Hall. Paymah is a TD or PI call everytime. :tsk:

I've seen him get toasted on a number of occasions this year so far and expect more to come.

I think it was the NE game that I saw him "near" the nice gain the patsies just got.

BigSarge87
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM

They are both horrible, only Bly is getting paid to be a stud, Paymah isn't.

Day1BroncoFan
11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
If he's still playing for the rayturds when we play them next I think we should go after him.

underrated29
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
If he's still playing for the rayturds when we play them next I think we should go after him.

he wont, they already released him today

broncofaninfla
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
No way. I'd say he is the most over rated DB in the game today. He isn't worth the leagues min much less what he duped Davis into paying him!

Lonestar
11-05-2008, 03:31 PM
He is not worse than Paymah which will be gone after this year and certainly no worse than Bly who SHOULD be gone with his mega contract..

If we could sign the clown for less than we would have paid Bly then it is a win win..

jrelway
11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
hell no to deangelo. overrated and likes to yell out the coaches when he gets burnt.

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2008, 04:09 PM
He's already commented he won't consider going to Denver because he believes our defense has no stability or identity even if it meant he could play next to Champ, which he said would be an honor. He also commented that he feels bad for Champ because he isn't allowed to be used the way he should be because of our scheme and player personnel. "He's wasting away in Denver" I believe was his quote.

Interesting.

jrelway
11-05-2008, 04:34 PM
he's right about that at least.

MOtorboat
11-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Can he play linebacker?

NameUsedBefore
11-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Can he cover?

SmilinAssasSin27
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
negatory

DenBronx
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
He's already commented he won't consider going to Denver because he believes our defense has no stability or identity even if it meant he could play next to Champ, which he said would be an honor. He also commented that he feels bad for Champ because he isn't allowed to be used the way he should be because of our scheme and player personnel. "He's wasting away in Denver" I believe was his quote.

Interesting.

i feel bad for champ. he deserves to play on a team that has a legit shot at a championship. could you imagine bailey playing on a defense like the giants or pitt???

it might make sense to deal bailey though. i think boss baileys career might be done and what other motive would champ even want to stay in denver for? if we could get a 1st and 2nd for him then its worth it.

dogfish
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM
:lol: :pound: :hahaha:

blueblood15
11-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Last time I checked he has more interceptions than our entire D combined(minus the Bailey fluke INT)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit hatin

Peerless
11-05-2008, 07:25 PM
He's tempting..

I've bashed the guy on many occasions... but then I remember that he is one of the fastest players in the NFL, and he's a YOUNG 24 years old.

Oh yeah, and he's a starting corner material..

Hobe
11-05-2008, 07:34 PM
I hope greasy Al decides to keep him! :D

BigSarge87
11-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I agree he's young and has more talent here than people give him credit for, but the attitude problems are just not worth the risk.

That dude is not a team player.

In a time like this, we need someone to come in and be a leader, not an individual.

D1g1tal j1m
11-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Hall is not what the Broncos need right now. We already have two corners who get beat consistently in Bly and Paymah and don't need to add a third.

Benetto
11-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Interesting.

Slowik was Champs coach since Champ has donned a Broncos Jersey. Slowik was the DBs coach....Wasting away in Denver? WTF?

Deangelo Hall is an uneducated idiot...Whatever comes to his mind, he says or does...If he wasn't fast or coordinated, he would be robbing old ladies purses right now. Anything that comes out of his mouth has no credibility what so ever.

Keep him as far away from Denver as Possible...Send him to Patsie ville. Let him and Moss combine their poisons and infect that locker room...Not ours.

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Slowik was Champs coach since Champ has donned a Broncos Jersey. Slowik was the DBs coach....Wasting away in Denver? WTF?

I think he was learning more towads the greatest Cb in the game playing on defense that is complete and utter garbage. Not to mention Champ is the type of player that could be getting 8+ int's a year. He's done that once in his 5 years at Denver?

Benetto
11-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I think he was learning more towads the greatest Cb in the game playing on defense that is complete and utter garbage. Not to mention Champ is the type of player that could be getting 8+ int's a year. He's done that once in his 5 years at Denver?

Champ is pound for pound (behind Bob Sanders) the best NFL player in the league...

He re-structures his contracts for the teams benefit when asked to, he gives it his all on EVERY down, big time leader in the locker room, and before his hamstring injury 2 years ago he played 99 games in a row, so you know he's well conditioned.

What else can you ask for from a All-pro superstar? I can't believe some of you are even suggesting we trade for a 1st round pick, who as we all know will end up being a bust...:coffee:

I would never let Champ go for a pick...Maybe another superstar like Julius Peppers, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, or Brian Dawkins.

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Champ is pound for pound (behind Bob Sanders) the best NFL player in the league...

He re-structures his contracts for the teams benefit when asked to, he gives it his all on EVERY down, big time leader in the locker room, and before his hamstring injury 2 years ago he played 99 games in a row, so you know he's well conditioned.

What else can you ask for from a All-pro superstar? I can't believe some of you are even suggesting we trade for a 1st round pick, who as we all know will end up being a bust...:coffee:

Nobody's suggesting we trade him. Someone might have made a comment about it, but I don't see any hard push to trade Champ in this thread.

On the flip side, he has improved our defense to 28th in the NFL. That's kind of the point to this. He plays a non impact position. It's quite obvious just how important, or unimportant, a secondary is when you don't have a front 7.

Champ Bailey is like having a great WR with no QB to get him the ball. Irrelevant.

Benetto
11-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Nobody's suggesting we trade him. Someone might have made a comment about it, but I don't see any hard push to trade Champ in this thread.

On the flip side, he has improved our defense to 28th in the NFL. That's kind of the point to this. He plays a non impact position. It's quite obvious just how important, or unimportant, a secondary is when you don't have a front 7.

Champ Bailey is like having a great WR with no QB to get him the ball. Irrelevant.
I missed what you were aiming at...You're right...I might have mistaken someones elses comment for yours.Sorry.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Sometimes tough decisions need to be made. I LOVE Champ as a player and never want to see him leave Denver. However, there is a legitimate argument for cutting bait and getting what we can for him. I would personally love to see us surround him w/ the proper talent and watch him retire a Bronco. Much like my BMarsh argument, I believe we have to have solid talent all over the field who can compliment one another. Champ is great, no doubt...but if teams know they can simply avoid him and still score 30, what good is he really doing in the grand scheme of things? Again though, I prefer to surround him w/ a Ray Lewis and Taylor Mays in 2009 while our young dline continues to develop.

UnderArmour
11-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Do I think we go after DeAngelo Hall? Absolutely. If the Falcons, Raiders, Jets, Chiefs, Panthers, Bills, or Chargers sign him we should go after him all day. The guy simply can't cover.

topscribe
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
How would Hall downgrade the Broncos' secondary?

Once he's waived, his contract is voided, isn't it?

I'd give him a shot . . .

-----

broncosinindy
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM

-----i think he may have to clear waivers so we arent on the books for his contract this year.... i could be wrong though

Lonestar
11-05-2008, 10:54 PM

-----

he has to clear waivers before the contract is voided.. when all 32 team pass on him then he is a FA..

Until then the sucker team that claims him off waiver wire gets his contract ..

bcbronc
11-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Hall's had a tough season, but how do you not in Jokeland this year? it's been even more zoo like than usual.

I think our solid defensive coaches and brilliant scheme would really take advantage of Hall's athletic ability. :rolleyes:

but seriously, if the price was right, I'd be just as happy letting Hall get beat all over the field as I am with everyone else getting beat all over the field. he won't make our defense any worse, but he might add some decent depth to the backfield when Champ gets back, or next season.

Nomad
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
They are both horrible, only Bly is getting paid to be a stud, Paymah isn't.

I agree! Also Paymah can tackle!

Buff
11-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Week 1's gameplan centered around exploiting Hall. No way we overpay to get him. Especially when we already have an overpriced and underperforming DB in Bly.

sacmar
11-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Hall would be like moss after leaving that horrible team...i'll take him. We have some nerve not considering anybody these days, we should hold some defensive tryouts at texas tech it couldn't hurt.

Buff
11-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Hall would be like moss after leaving that horrible team...i'll take him. We have some nerve not considering anybody these days, we should hold some defensive tryouts at texas tech it couldn't hurt.

Except Moss is one of the greatest WR's to ever play the game. Hall is just slightly above average.

Lonestar
11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Except Moss is one of the greatest WR's to ever play the game. Hall is just slightly above average.

which is above what we have at this point..

If he can be had at a price less than Bly will make this coming year this is a NO brainer.. if he wants more and he probably does then we keep Bly and live with his incompetence..

Notice I said if we can get him cheaper than Bly that means we DO NOT try to claim him should he be waived.

Buff
11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
which is above what we have at this point..

If he can be had at a price less than Bly will make this coming year this is a NO brainer.. if he wants more and he probably does then we keep Bly and live with his incompetence..

Notice I said if we can get him cheaper than Bly that means we DO NOT try to claim him should he be waived.

On paper, I'd agree with you. But he's a turd. He'd be a locker room cancer, and just more bad chemistry on a defense that has none.

Plus, we need to stop wrapping up $$ in high dollar corners. It's just not cost effective given our personnel and scheme (or lack thereof).

BigSarge87
11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I think Hall is better than Bly, no questions asked. If we did sign him, I think in the short term he would be a great addition, but as soon as you sign him long term, he'll start getting too comfortable and get lazy and ignorant. It's not his talent I'm questioning, it's his character. There's no doubt in my mind he plays better football in Denver than he did in Oakland.

broncofaninfla
11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Hall was great in college but has SUCKED in the NFL. I'm truly dumb founded as to how he has earned ANY credit as a player in the league. He was horrible in Atlanta and even worse in Oakland. He is a modern day Terrell Buckley. Sure he'll get the occasional pick but he'll get burned even more. No way I want this guy.

jrelway
11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
we dont need corners. we need safeties, dlinemen, and LB'ers.

Traveler
11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Hall was great in college but has SUCKED in the NFL. I'm truly dumb founded as to how he has earned ANY credit as a player in the league. He was horrible in Atlanta and even worse in Oakland. He is a modern day Terrell Buckley. Sure he'll get the occasional pick but he'll get burned even more. No way I want this guy.

Just ask some of the ATL fans here what they think about Hall. Tears of joy when he was traded.

Traveler
11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
we dont need corners. we need safeties, dlinemen, and LB'ers.

Maybe Hall can play safety...;)

Lonestar
11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Maybe Hall can play safety...;)

mini me?

Flatinum
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Hall signs 1 year deal. Little money, no real risk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3688600

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 03:21 PM

I bet the Skins cut him too.

DenBronx
11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I knew Synder would sign him! Little slime ball....

I think Hall had nightmares of Eddie Royal and just wanted to get out of the AFC.

Magnificent Seven
11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I think Broncos should get Hall. Raiders are dumb to let him go and they didn't know how to play Hall on defense.

Lonestar
11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I think Broncos should get Hall. Raiders are dumb to let him go and they didn't know how to play Hall on defense.

note quote below..

broncofaninfla
11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Stats Inc. came up with this illuminating stat about DeAngelo Hall's horrid play so far: He surrendered 40 receptions for 556 yards this year, more receiving yards than any other cornerback allowed through nine weeks. Part of that is because his counterpart, Nnamdi Asomugha, is so good and quarterbacks don't want to throw at his side. But Hall cost the Raiders second- and fifth-round picks last April, and then this big cap hit for eight lousy games. For a guy who made Oakland give up so much, Hall, you'd think, would at least be competent.

Day1BroncoFan
11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Stats Inc. came up with this illuminating stat about DeAngelo Hall's horrid play so far: He surrendered 40 receptions for 556 yards this year, more receiving yards than any other cornerback allowed through nine weeks. Part of that is because his counterpart, Nnamdi Asomugha, is so good and quarterbacks don't want to throw at his side. But Hall cost the Raiders second- and fifth-round picks last April, and then this big cap hit for eight lousy games. For a guy who made Oakland give up so much, Hall, you'd think, would at least be competent.

That's about 14 yards per reception. I don't think we would be wanting that on our team. I wonder how many plays he has defended successfully.

DenBronx
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
hall = over-rated

im sad that royal couldnt pwn him again this year.

if were going to go after anyone named deangelo then his last name better be williams.

LRtagger
11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
How Cutler and Marshall are mentioned in that overrated players article and Deangelo Hall is not is beyond me. He is the most overrated defensive player in football IMO...most of the publicity he got in Atlanta was for his big mouth.

DenBronx
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
How Cutler and Marshall are mentioned in that overrated players article and Deangelo Hall is not is beyond me. He is the most overrated defensive player in football IMO...most of the publicity he got in Atlanta was for his big mouth.

very very true my friend. ive never really got why people were so high on him in the first place. he's not even washingtons best db, shawn springs is. springs doesnt give up the big play.

rcsodak
11-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Answer: NO

Simple Jaded
11-12-2008, 02:15 AM
If only DeAngelo Hall were a backup CB for the Denver Broncos that did "Go Further, Go to College" commercials, he might get a little respect.......

eessydo
11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Hall is awful.

Take it from someone who lives in atlanta and was forced to watch his overrated play every week.

He'd have one or two good plays a game but most of the time he was out of position AND GOD HELP you if you think he is the kind of guy that will come up and support in run defense. He tackles RB's worse than Prime Time did in his heyday.

His mouth is all he has because his cover skills are below average at this point.

Let's go back on the foxworth trade and bring him back, he is playing lights out here in atlanta now.

Traveler
11-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Hall is awful.

Take it from someone who lives in atlanta and was forced to watch his overrated play every week.

He'd have one or two good plays a game but most of the time he was out of position AND GOD HELP you if you think he is the kind of guy that will come up and support in run defense. He tackles RB's worse than Prime Time did in his heyday.

His mouth is all he has because his cover skills are below average at this point.

Let's go back on the foxworth trade and bring him back, he is playing lights out here in atlanta now.

Why don't you tell them how TO destroyed him even before they played the game (spitting incident).

Retired_Member_001
11-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Hall or Middlebrooks?

Hmmmm, tough one.