PDA

View Full Version : Broncos rookie tight end Julius Thomas catches up — with Brady Quinn's help

TXBRONC
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Broncos rookie tight end Julius Thomas catches up — with Brady Quinn's help
Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/29/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 06/29/2011 07:14:25 AM MDT

Fearing the NFL lockout was leaving him behind more than most players, Thomas demonstrated the initiative of a veteran by making a few phone calls to get in touch with Quinn. Here was the problem: The lockout meant Thomas was one of only five Denver players without a playbook. The players Denver drafted in the first three rounds — Von Miller, Rahim Moore, Orlando Franklin and Nate Irving — received playbooks because they were selected during the brief time that the lockout was lifted. The lockout was back on, though, for the final day of the draft, when the Broncos selected Quinton Carter, Thomas, Mike Mohamed, Virgil Green and Jeremy Beal.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18373617

If get the chance go and look at the picture of Thomas with a regulation size football in his hands. It looks like a Nerf football in his hands. :shocked:

I'm sorry I don't know how to embed pictures into a post. Maybe someone can show how to do it sometime. :tsk:

BroncoWave
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0628/20110628__20110629_C06_SP29FBNBRONX~p1.JPG

RebelRocker
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
If get the chance go and look at the picture of Thomas with a regulation size football in his hands. It looks like a Nerf football in his hands. :shocked:

I'm sorry I don't know how to embed pictures into a post. Maybe someone can show how to do it sometime. :tsk:

Am I the only one that was surprised to see Thomas hook up with Quinn and not Tebow or Orton? This battle's just gonna get better and better.:beer:

NightTerror218
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Am I the only one that was surprised to see Thomas hook up with Quinn and not Tebow or Orton? This battle's just gonna get better and better.:beer:

Tebow is prob in florida still and Orton is at the bars probably or working on golf game in Oregon again.

Quinn might have been the first QB phone number he got.

RebelRocker
06-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Tebow is prob in florida still and Orton is at the bars probably or working on golf game in Oregon again.

Quinn might have been the first QB phone number he got.

No, it said in the article that Tebow was there for the morning session. I think Orton knows his fate is pretty much sealed with us. At this point, I'd be shocked if Orton really stayed around.

NightTerror218
06-29-2011, 01:01 PM
No, it said in the article that Tebow was there for the morning session. I think Orton knows his fate is pretty much sealed with us. At this point, I'd be shocked if Orton really stayed around.

ok, thanks for putting me straight....I skimmed the article

RebelRocker
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
ok, thanks for putting me straight....I skimmed the article

You're welcome. I don't blame you. I get about one paragraph into any lockout related article and go, "**** it. Just let me know when it's over."::salute:

Shananahan
06-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Honestly it might be a good idea. He most likely won't start out working with the starters as much as he will a guy like Quinn, so this way he might be comfortable with him and more able to impress during practice.

Just a theory.

OrangeHoof
06-29-2011, 04:51 PM
So, if he's a Bronco, can we now call him "Orange Julius"?

TXBRONC
06-29-2011, 09:29 PM

I found it odd but maybe that was the only number he could come up with. :whoknows:

TXBRONC
06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
So, if he's a Bronco, can we now call him "Orange Julius"?

:smack:

RebelRocker
06-30-2011, 12:34 AM
I found it odd but maybe that was the only number he could come up with. :whoknows:

maybe. Talk about an odd number:lol:

TXBRONC
06-30-2011, 08:40 AM
maybe. Talk about an odd number:lol:

The important thing is that he took the initative and searched out one of the team's current quarterbacks.

RebelRocker
06-30-2011, 11:47 AM
The important thing is that he took the initative and searched out one of the team's current quarterbacks.

Absolutely. Hopefully the other rookies follow his lead and get to Denver ASAP.:salute: