PDA

View Full Version : Shut your mouth.

MOtorboat
11-04-2008, 06:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3682900

Marshall returns insults after Porter's postgame comments

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Joey Porter and Brandon Marshall just can't leave the trash talk on the field.

Still steamed over the Miami linebacker calling him soft after the Dolphins' 26-17 win at Denver on Sunday, the Broncos star receiver returned the insults Tuesday."Yeah, Joey Porter's one of them guys, when you got guys who talk a lot of trash, just want to talk about people or put people down, they have their own insecurities," Marshall said. "And his insecurities I don't know. But he's definitely one of those guys who all those muscles are popcorn muscles. He's soft."

Porter, who leads the league with 11½ sacks, helped hold Marshall to two late catches Sunday and then continued his jawing in the locker room afterward, suggesting Marshall pouted after not getting an early catch and allowed all the taunting to affect him mentally and knock him off his game.

"He's one of those soft receivers, where he has to have the ball all the time. If he don't get it, he's going to mope and cry. He did it to himself," Porter suggested.

Marshall was clearly frustrated by the effective coverage he faced and after the game took shots at his quarterback, Jay Cutler, for not finding him on the few occasions he was in single coverage and at Denver's defensive coordinator for giving Miami's receivers so much cushion.

Marshall didn't hear about Porter's jabs until after he had left Invesco Field on Sunday night. After a day off, Marshall was eager to return the ridicule Tuesday.

"You know, we hear stories floating around the league all the time about him as far [as being] in nightclubs dancing with his shirt off like a girl or in the playground getting beat up back in California," Marshall said. "He's one of those guys that no matter how big he is, he can still get knocked on his butt and he's soft. He's soft at heart and you can tell by the way he talks.

"And his nickname is 'Peezy.' I don't know what 'Peezy' is," Marshall added, then paused and leaned forward to deliver the punctuation: "Joey!"

The Dolphins were off Tuesday and Porter wasn't available to respond to Marshall's volleys.

But what about Porter's allegation that defenders can get into his head and take him out of the game? Is there some truth to that?

"No, no, you've got to understand the situation, they're winning and we're going back and forth and he won because they won the game," Marshall said. "It wasn't nothing to do with us talking, going back and forth. And he ran with it. He ran with it pretty good.

"Getting in my head? Never. He can't get in my head because I'm always trying to make plays and I'm always trying to make things happen," Marshall insisted. "I'm never shutting down. I don't care if we're down by 40 points or we're up by 40 points, I'm never shutting it down, I'm always going to try to do my best and make plays."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

tubby
11-04-2008, 06:35 PM
This team talks more and wins less than most.

turftoad
11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I hope we don't have one of the loud mouth premadona WR's on our hands ala (Moss, Ownes, Ocho Cinco, Burress) etc... etc...

MOtorboat
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I hope we don't have one of the loud mouth premadona WR's on our hands ala (Moss, Ownes, Ocho Cinco, Burress) etc... etc...

Too late.

BroncoJoe
11-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Frankly, I don't mind it. This team needs something, and if we have a vocal receiver - who has and can back it up on the field - so be it.

It's better than another player simply rolling his eyes during a press conference.

claymore
11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
If he puts up Owens Numbers for as long as Owens did I will take it. Hopefully he is more of a Shannon Sharpe type guy vs Owens selfish type guy.

BroncoJoe
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
If he puts up Owens Numbers for as long as Owens did I will take it. Hopefully he is more of a Shannon Sharpe type guy vs Owens selfish type guy.

That's exactly my take.

Den21vsBal19
11-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Let's just hope he produces in the long term like Sharpe did............

SmilinAssasSin27
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
This clearly could go a few ways. he could be a bit cocky, but produce huge for us. If that's the case, I can deal with the mouth. He could become a cancer and ruin Cutler in the process. We could trade him now and get the 3 draft picks (possibly including 2 #1s) I think he could land us and be more well rounded much quicker. He's not such a diva that folks wouldn't line up for him YET.

Part of me is leaning toward scenario #3.

DenBronx
11-04-2008, 07:01 PM
joey had it coming. :coffee:

NameUsedBefore
11-04-2008, 07:26 PM
So the guy talks, who cares. A lot of players talk. Until I see him imploding the team a la Owens I could care less.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-04-2008, 07:28 PM
So the guy talks, who cares. A lot of players talk. Until I see him imploding the team a la Owens I could care less.

you mean like fumbling a lot and bashing the coaches???

NameUsedBefore
11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
you mean like fumbling a lot and bashing the coaches???

Bashing Slowik is no problem in my book.

As for fumbling, that's on the field, not off.

UnderArmour
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
This clearly could go a few ways. he could be a bit cocky, but produce huge for us. If that's the case, I can deal with the mouth. He could become a cancer and ruin Cutler in the process. We could trade him now and get the 3 draft picks (possibly including 2 #1s) I think he could land us and be more well rounded much quicker. He's not such a diva that folks wouldn't line up for him YET.

No.

G_Money
11-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Thus far Marshall hasn't exuded that edge of uneasy vanity that always made even Ocho Cinco's and TO's best quotes nauseating. You knew in their hearts it was all about them, and there was definitely an "I" in team, probably four of em.

I just got a bad feeling from those guys even way early in their careers. I've dated enough crazy women to recognize the vibe, I guess. My psycho-dar goes off.

Not for Marshall, though. So until he does some things that make me think he's worse than just slightly immature and mouthy, I'll put up with it. Shannon is still slightly immature and mouthy, and will be all the way to his HOF induction speech and beyond.

I'm fine with that path for Marshall. Some guys are quiet leaders and tremendous workers who give it all for their team, like Rod. Some guys are mouthy and tremendous workers who give it all for their team, like Shannon. The key for me is 2nd part of those sentences, not the first.

If he turns into a primadonna who won't run routes, pouts on the sidelines, grandstands, holds out for money, demands trades, talks crap about his teammates, etc, then fine, kneecap him.

But for this? He ain't called out the national guard yet. He's got some mouthiness left in him, and so far it's way more entertaining than the terrible brand of football we're playing.

~G

JKcatch724
11-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Bout time somebody more qualified than Jerramy Stevens gives it back to Porter. Porter needs a muzzle.

Love the "dancing shirtless in the nightclub" part.

He's no Shannon yet, though. I wanna see him bust out a Ray Buchanon before the Super Bowl type effort.

I love the talk. At least directed to other teams.

claymore
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Thus far Marshall hasn't exuded that edge of uneasy vanity that always made even Ocho Cinco's and TO's best quotes nauseating. You knew in their hearts it was all about them, and there was definitely an "I" in team, probably four of em.

I just got a bad feeling from those guys even way early in their careers. I've dated enough crazy women to recognize the vibe, I guess. My psycho-dar goes off.

Not for Marshall, though. So until he does some things that make me think he's worse than just slightly immature and mouthy, I'll put up with it. Shannon is still slightly immature and mouthy, and will be all the way to his HOF induction speech and beyond.

I'm fine with that path for Marshall. Some guys are quiet leaders and tremendous workers who give it all for their team, like Rod. Some guys are mouthy and tremendous workers who give it all for their team, like Shannon. The key for me is 2nd part of those sentences, not the first.

If he turns into a primadonna who won't run routes, pouts on the sidelines, grandstands, holds out for money, demands trades, talks crap about his teammates, etc, then fine, kneecap him.

But for this? He ain't called out the national guard yet. He's got some mouthiness left in him, and so far it's way more entertaining than the terrible brand of football we're playing.

~G
I love you. :hug:

JONtheBRONCO
11-04-2008, 08:07 PM
He's not Rod Smith guys, he's Brandon Marshall. The guy works hard, is a vocal leader, and plays his heart out. Stop complaining, your fans, your not his mentor.

JKcatch724
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I love you. :hug:

Me too. My thoughts exactly.

MasterShake
11-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Frankly, I don't mind it. This team needs something, and if we have a vocal receiver - who has and can back it up on the field - so be it.

It's better than another player simply rolling his eyes during a press conference.

I agree. I for one am happy for the short week and hope this translates to him being fired up against Cleveland. Nothing like a win to cheer me up this week. I cant wait for thursday, I am blinded by my love for this team and admit it fully..... I don't care anymore, theres a whole half season left and what has happened has gone by too fast. I'll take bad football or trash talking Marshall over no football anyday.

G_Money
11-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Aww... :love:

:grouphug:

Italianmobstr7
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM

Personal attack or not, this is the stupidest idea I've seen. We're not trading Marshall, and we shouldn't trade Marshall for anything, or any one in the league. The guy is becoming the best receiver in the league in just his 3rd season. He had a bad game, and Joey Porter trashed him on the field and off the field. He has every right to defend himself. It's about time we had someone on our team speak up and not just sit there and take it. Brandon Marshall is a flat out beast, and trading him is the stupidest thing I've heard of any organization doing this whole year.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Personal attack or not, this is the stupidest idea I've seen. We're not trading Marshall, and we shouldn't trade Marshall for anything, or any one in the league. The guy is becoming the best receiver in the league in just his 3rd season. He had a bad game, and Joey Porter trashed him on the field and off the field. He has every right to defend himself. It's about time we had someone on our team speak up and not just sit there and take it. Brandon Marshall is a flat out beast, and trading him is the stupidest thing I've heard of any organization doing this whole year.

Feel free to call it stupid, but how many rings does TO have? Ocho Cinco? Fitzgerald? Moss? Championships are built via team approaches where the $$ is spread equally throughout the team. Gamebreaking WR is NOT the first thing on the shopping list. Ask New England. Ask McNabb, who got 2 4 NFC Title games WITHOUT even a decent WR (don't forget TO was hurt their SB season) I have no issue w/ him as I previously stated, BUT the $$ he will demand will hurt this team in the long run. I personally believe he currentkly has a LOT of value and as much as I'd hate to see his talent go, we look more like the Bengals right now than the Colts.

JKcatch724
11-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Aww... :love:

:grouphug:

This is a happy place, G.

JKcatch724
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Everybody who wanted to see some fire in this team, you're getting in with Marshall. Like it or not.

Hell, he's probably motivating the team more than Shanny.

honz
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
So one of our best players should just take it when an opposing player calls him soft?:coffee:

Magnificent Seven
11-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Broncos might have rematches against Patriots and Dolphins in the playoffs? :D

SmilinAssasSin27
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
My opinion is not based on his comments. My opinion is based on watching teams like Pittsburgh, New England and, to an extent, Philadelphia maintian a longterm presence in this league by making smart front office decisions, getting the next guy ready when the star wants the $$ and demonstrating overall stability.

I HATE the Steelers, but you have to admit the Steelers are an organization who know what they are doing. They have a plan, smart people to follow through with that plan and enough patience to stay loyal to that plan. We don't have that. We are currently a mess. Mr. Marshall is currently a bargaining chip to a more well rounded future...THAT is what MY opinion is based on.

weazel
11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Broncos might have rematches against Patriots and Dolphins in the playoffs? :D

playoffs?

http://www.firstandsecondcityguys.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JimMora.jpg

Magnificent Seven
11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
playoffs?

http://www.firstandsecondcityguys.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JimMora.jpg

LOL. Good one!

BroncoTech
11-05-2008, 04:25 AM
If we could harness that jaw flapping energy into fuel we could power my old Desoto down to the dog track.

Cutler6MVP
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM

If you think that's the answer, I wanna trade Cutler away for the same.

EastCoastBronco
11-05-2008, 10:11 AM
After reading that initial post it sounds like Joey is still in his damn head. Brandon has 98% of the skills a good receiver needs (in spades) The 2% he is lacking is the ability to forget the last play/game etc...and the ability to focus.
He needs to have an intervention with McCaffrey and Smith until these things are drilled into his thick skull...

honz
11-05-2008, 11:49 AM
The mob is fickle...

Day1BroncoFan
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
As long as he's not bashing his own team and can back up his mouth, let him go at it.

Not that I like it but I can live with it if he can back it up.

smith49
11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
My opinion is not based on his comments. My opinion is based on watching teams like Pittsburgh, New England and, to an extent, Philadelphia maintian a longterm presence in this league by making smart front office decisions, getting the next guy ready when the star wants the $$ and demonstrating overall stability.

I HATE the Steelers, but you have to admit the Steelers are an organization who know what they are doing. They have a plan, smart people to follow through with that plan and enough patience to stay loyal to that plan. We don't have that. We are currently a mess. Mr. Marshall is currently a bargaining chip to a more well rounded future...THAT is what MY opinion is based on.

i see where you are comming from smilin', and im not saying you are wrong. i think maybe you could argue it another way as well. like pitt, if they would ever pay a superstar player, which they usually just let go, then maybe they could win multiple sb's. maybe, maybe not. like i said, im not saying you are wrong, those teams have stuck around and been descent teams for a long time. as far as NE, they cheated thier way to the top:D, then they went out and payed for moss just to lose the last game of a could have been perfect season. no, just messin' with you on that one. i think you are correct, i just think it could possibly be argued either way, depending on the organization.

as far as marshall's comments, i like it. look, porter has been talkin since the day he enterd the nfl, and its about time someone talked back. i hate that guy(porter). i think marchall is a stud and i hope he does not get too expensive for us to keep.

LRtagger
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
If you think that's the answer, I wanna trade Cutler away for the same.

For real...we could have 5 1st rounders and three 3rds. We could draft Stafford, Crabtree, Mays, Moreno and Maualuga then Moala, Ellerbe and Asher Allen in the 3rd. And maybe Geno Atkins or Oghobaase in the 2nd.

We would be set. :laugh:;)

SmilinAssasSin27
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
As witty as I'm sure you're trying to be, my argument still holds up. While the elite WRs are hardly the deciding factor in winning SB titles, the QBs have been of late. Brady got 3. Peyton has 1. Big Ben. And even Eli. Every now and again, you do have your Trent Dilfers, but that's a rarity in the NFL.

LRtagger
11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
The QBs that won without a standout WR had elite defenses...Peyton did not have an elite defense, but he had two elite WRs, one elite TE, and a darn good RB.

Brady is an anomoly because the Pats were solid at every single position on the roster which is why they won 3 or 4 SBs. How many SBs would Montana have won without Rice?

TO got McNabb to the SB remember? Philly has been mediocre since TO left even with a good defense. If McNabb and TO got along like Cutler and Marshall get along, I have no doubt they would have been a better team over the past several years.

I wouldn't be so quick to trade the most explosive player on our team and arguably in the entire league.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
You are almost making my point for me. These teams are alll rounded. Granted, the Colts spent their $$ on offense, but they had offensive studs all over the place...and a great pass rusher and possibly the best Safety in the game. My point was never "get defense first" or "ya don't need O to win it all". My point is that well rounded teams win SBs. The money is spent wisely and evenly.

TO did NOT get McNabb to the SB. He had absolutely ZERO part in getting McNabb past that final step before the SB. See...TO was horsecollared late in the season and was not available until the SB. McNabb did it w/ Greg Lewis, Pinkston and Thrash.

And BMarsh is nowhere near the most explosive player in the league. I love his ability, and maybe he will be in 3-4 years, but ya can't give him that much credit considering his weak ass numbers the past month. I know he's a Bronco, but try to be a little realistic.

G_Money
11-05-2008, 06:43 PM
The QBs that won without a standout WR had elite defenses...Peyton did not have an elite defense, but he had two elite WRs, one elite TE, and a darn good RB.

Brady is an anomoly because the Pats were solid at every single position on the roster which is why they won 3 or 4 SBs. How many SBs would Montana have won without Rice?

TO got McNabb to the SB remember? Philly has been mediocre since TO left even with a good defense. If McNabb and TO got along like Cutler and Marshall get along, I have no doubt they would have been a better team over the past several years.

I wouldn't be so quick to trade the most explosive player on our team and arguably in the entire league.

Better to ask how many he would have won without that astounding defense as well. The 49ers had one of the greatest runs as all-around elites that the league has ever seen.

The Young and Montana Years, defensive rankings:

Year ypg ppg
1998 13 23
1997 3 1
1996 4 7
1995 2 1
1994 6 8
1993 16 15
1992 3 15
1991 4 6
1990 2 3
1989 3 4
1988 8 3
1987 3 1
1986 3 6
1985 2 14
1984 1 10
1983 4 10
1982 23 21
1981 2 2

Are you freakin' kidding me? With all those offensive weapons AND a defense in the top 10 in both statistical categories 13 of the 18 years?

Ouch.

~G

Hobe
11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Talking in itself isn't bad. Trading jabs with a big mouth like Porter is OK. It's when the talk turns to "ME ME ME ME" like Owen and Ochie that it does damage to a team.

Oh yeah! And you have to back up your talk on the field. Sharp and TJ use to jabber a lot, but they back every word of it up on the field. Marshall still needs to learn a couple things before he talk freely. He needs to hold on to the ball a little better and he needs to learn to get open even when they are keying on him.

Hobe
11-05-2008, 07:01 PM

I know he won the first SB without Rice and I think it was two, not sure. However, they had a defense that kept them games for Joe to win.

LRtagger
11-06-2008, 09:35 AM
You are almost making my point for me. These teams are alll rounded. Granted, the Colts spent their $$ on offense, but they had offensive studs all over the place...and a great pass rusher and possibly the best Safety in the game. My point was never "get defense first" or "ya don't need O to win it all". My point is that well rounded teams win SBs. The money is spent wisely and evenly.

TO did NOT get McNabb to the SB. He had absolutely ZERO part in getting McNabb past that final step before the SB. See...TO was horsecollared late in the season and was not available until the SB. McNabb did it w/ Greg Lewis, Pinkston and Thrash.

And BMarsh is nowhere near the most explosive player in the league. I love his ability, and maybe he will be in 3-4 years, but ya can't give him that much credit considering his weak ass numbers the past month. I know he's a Bronco, but try to be a little realistic.

We don't need to trade Marshall to build a solid team. Marshall is still young and still in his rookie contract. This entire team is young.

We have played the trade and FA game before and it has gotten us nowhere.

If we keep these young building blocks and continue adding new building blocks through the draft, we will be an elite team for many years.

Marshall's stats the past couple games have not been lackluster. Even if they were, it is not a reflection on his play or his effectiveness...the fact is Marshall draws most of the defensive attention and Cutler does not know what to do with the ball. If anything, we should trade Cutler as he has been the one costing us games lately, not Marshall. Cutler has been in the league 3 years now and still has no idea how to read coverages. Not only that, but Marshall is an effective run blocking WR.

If we had an elite RB who could pound the ball 20+ times a game, I guarantee you Marshall's stats would explode. The two games this season that he has fewer than 5 catches and fewer than 75 yards, our rushing statistics were 38 rushes for 120 yards....I think that tells the story. Marshall is still a top 5 WR in this league and is still one of the most explosive players in the league...thats why defenses want to keep the ball out of his hands.

We are missing talent at some key positions, but it is nothing to panick over and start trading away the solid talent we already have. The talented youth we have on offense is something you build a dynasty around...its just a matter of whether Shanny knows how to do that or not. All we need is a top 15 defense and a RB to be Super Bowl contenders....is that really that hard to accomplish without trading away your best offensive weapon?

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
We have a draft class which will all soon be coming up for new deals. We can't pay them all what they are going to want and improve the team at the same time. The rookie deals may be nice now, but very soon these guys will get VERY expensive. Especially since we currently suck and may have to overpay to keep talent we do have in Denver.

MOtorboat
11-06-2008, 09:48 AM
We have a draft class which will all soon be coming up for new deals. We can't pay them all what they are going to want and improve the team at the same time. The rookie deals may be nice now, but very soon these guys will get VERY expensive. Especially since we currently suck and may have to overpay to keep talent we do have in Denver.

So who do we need to pay?
Marshall
Dumervil
Scheffler

Then the next year:
Moss
Harris
Thomas

Then the next year:
Clady
Royal
Hillis

This team should be able to do that.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 09:55 AM
So who do we need to pay?
Marshall
Dumervil
Scheffler

Then the next year:
Moss
Harris
Thomas

Then the next year:
Clady
Royal
Hillis

This team should be able to do that.

Personally, I think it's gonna be hard to afford Cutty, BMarsh and Elvis, but it's clearly not impossible. Scheff will be fine and if he costs out we just find another oft injured TE. Where we are gonna be hurt is once the OTs need paid. If Harris and Clady stay legit OTs, they will call for major bank.

Fortunately, at that point Bly and Champ's deals will likely be gone and that should free up some cash, but what I see happening is their $$ going to our current youth...leaving not much $$ to stabilize the rest of the team.

MOtorboat
11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Personally, I think it's gonna be hard to afford Cutty, BMarsh and Elvis, but it's clearly not impossible. Scheff will be fine and if he costs out we just find another oft injured TE. Where we are gonna be hurt is once the OTs need paid. If Harris and Clady stay legit OTs, they will call for major bank.

Fortunately, at that point Bly and Champ's deals will likely be gone and that should free up some cash, but what I see happening is their $$ going to our current youth...leaving not much $$ to stabilize the rest of the team.

We'll be fine if Elvis never gets back to where he was last year.

Cutler is on for one or two more extra years as him being the first-round pick and negotiating a longer contract, isn't he?

Edit, yes. Cutler is in the third year of a six-year contract, Marshall is in the third year of a four-year contract (I believe).

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I think Jay's deal is longer, but I'm sure Denver will go for the long term deal before the first one expires in order to keep him away from sniffing FA.

LRtagger
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
We will be fine resigning these guys.

MOtorboat
11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I think Jay's deal is longer, but I'm sure Denver will go for the long term deal before the first one expires in order to keep him away from sniffing FA.

Who is his agent?

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Of that I am unaware.

MOtorboat
11-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Of that I am unaware.

B.C. Sports, Inc.

http://www.buscook.com/

James "Bus" Cook, Jr.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:12 AM
What's the reputation there like? I've heard the name, but don't remember it in the context of an ugly negotiation/holdout or anything of the sort.

MOtorboat
11-06-2008, 10:13 AM
What's the reputation there like? I've heard the name, but don't remember it in the context of an ugly negotiation/holdout or anything of the sort.

I have no idea...I just googled "Jay Cutler Agent" :wave:

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I have no idea...I just googled "Jay Cutler Agent" :wave:

I applaud the commitment to your craft.:salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:15 AM
BTW Mizzou, you planning to go to the Denver AT Cincy game in 2009?

MOtorboat
11-06-2008, 10:16 AM

I think its closer if I go to a game in Denver, so probably not.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Don't let Bief know. He doesn't like bandwagon fans.

BeefStew25
11-06-2008, 10:27 AM

I am going. I am going to throw assless chaps on the field whenever Glenn Martinez has the ball.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I am going. I am going to throw assless chaps on the field whenever Glenn Martinez has the ball.

Awesome. I was wondering what I should bring to the tailgate. Denim or leather? Cuz if yer bringing leather, I may go denim to mix it up a bit. We don't wanna seem like we planned it or anything.

Hawgdriver
11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I was high on Marshall quite early, when I read a quote about his work ethic in his first off-season ('I wanted to train harder than anyone, harder than I trained before the combine'). He has an exceptional work ethic, and that carries him a long way in my book. His work ethic is what allows him to play WR like a man among boys. The same can be said of TO, and for those reasons, I grudgingly admire TO for his on the field exploits.

I hope Marshall doesn't stay on the TO road, because honestly, he's been traveling it for some time already. Think about his actions off the field and the distraction they have caused. Is it criminal? I don't think so. Is it immature and disturbingly childlike and reminiscent of Owens? ...

I don't care if he talks smack or not, I just want him to deliver the goods. What I absolutely don't want and can't stand is if he becomes a farce, and that is what TO ended up as. Brandon, don't be an idiot, that's all I ask. You can be a character, or even be a clown sometimes. Just not an idiot. He's been treading a fine line lately.

fcspikeit
11-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Bus Cook is Favre's agent.

I haven't heard or seen anything bad about the guy. In fact I would say he's one of the good guys.

bcbronc
11-06-2008, 09:49 PM
you don't trade Marshall. we have a budding super bowl calibre offense with him on it.

McNabb didn't have TO, but he did have Westbrook. he's an elite pass catcher.

ask Elway or Manning if you can outscore your way to a Superbowl. (have to be able to stop the run though)\

as long as Marshall keeps working hard in practice and making plays on the field, I don't give a damn what he says to Joey Porter.

I don't like him calling out coaches in the media though.