PDA

View Full Version : What’s the first thing you do when you log in?

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 12:24 AM
I mean, are you selective in terms of category—i.e., homing in on “Broncos Talk,” “What’s on your mind?,” “P & R,” etc.?

Me, I’ve found that I do something different here, from what I did in our “Mother Nation.” I log in, then automatically click on “New Posts.”

I guess I do this cuz I don’t want to exclude anything that may be of interest, outside of my (thought to be) favorite selective set of interests. For example, I may be in just the “Game Day” mode on any given Sunday. Yet, if I sequestered myself to “Broncos Talk” solely, on any given Monday, I could very easily (likely) miss out on some stimulating post within other threads/categories.

What say you?

SR
09-30-2007, 12:25 AM
I check my PM's. After I respond to those, I take a swing of my beverage and click "New Posts"

Tned
09-30-2007, 12:27 AM
I click "User CP" to first check posts I have posted in, as my first priority is to track those posts and specifically look to see if anyone quoted or responded to something I posted.

I then click "New Posts" and go through any that show up on there that I didn't already read by going into "User CP".

As I did on BM, I typically avoid any threads in Smack or P&R. I sometimes will peek in and very rarely respond to a thread in Politics, but virtually never read or respond to Religion or Duck/Smack threads.

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 12:46 AM
I check my PM's. After I respond to those, I take a swing of my beverage and click "New Posts"

Damn, now I'm green with envy here. I never get a PM! :tsk: Well, I have, but they are about as rare as roadkill on the way to Mars. :laugh:

Could be because I only rarely send a PM? I must be too reclusive. Is a PM considered to be intrusive to some? Is it like an unwelcome knock at the door? I dunno. Educate me here.

Cleveland Rocks
09-30-2007, 01:20 AM
First thing I do is check the "Other Teams" Forum.

dogfish
09-30-2007, 01:31 AM
it's funny-- i must be the only one who doesn't use the "new posts" feature. . . close to two years now between this place and Bmania, and i've still never used it a single time. . .

like tned, i check the "user CP" for new responses in threads i've posted in, and then i usually go to "broncos talk". . .

Chica_Ang
09-30-2007, 04:05 AM
i check the trivia and town hall discussions. if i have pm's i'll take care of those right away. and i like to see who is online, too.

uncle buck---i like pm's and don't consider them intrusive whatsoever. they are a nice way to communicate outside of threads. :cool:

Tned
09-30-2007, 07:02 AM
like tned, i check the "user CP" for new responses in threads i've posted in, and then i usually go to "broncos talk". . .

Until recently, maybe late last season, can't remember exactly when, I used to just check User CP and and GD on BM, but somewhere along the way, I started checking 'New Posts'.

Kapaibro
09-30-2007, 07:22 AM
I hit New Posts, and work from there.

BroncoBJ
09-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Usually I check my User CP to go check out my threads that I posted in.

Then I go check out new posts and then I go see what Tnedator is doing. :elefant:

Snapping Turtle
09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I go to the Rockies thread unless I see a cool looking thread on my way. After that I click New Posts. I never get PMs so don't need to worry about those.

KCL
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
it's funny-- i must be the only one who doesn't use the "new posts" feature. . . close to two years now between this place and Bmania, and i've still never used it a single time. . .

same for me dog...except I skip the Broncos talk
I have never used the new post feature at all....I do look at PMs first if I have any....then user cp for responses then look at the last post in each
forum.

anton...
09-30-2007, 10:59 AM
check pms automatically as i have it on pop up, and then "new posts" is the only button i ever use...

here and on mania...

i couldnt do without it...
________
HornyPussy4u cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/HornyPussy4u)

Uncle Buck
09-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I go to the Rockies thread unless I see a cool looking thread on my way. After that I click New Posts. I never get PMs so don't need to worry about those.

You prolly don't get any PM's, little missy, cuz nobody wants to get beat up by Troy! :D

Snapping Turtle
09-30-2007, 11:43 AM
You prolly don't get any PM's, little missy, cuz nobody wants to get beat up by Troy! :D

:laugh: Yeah, you're probably right.