PDA

View Full Version : More respect for Timely Tim

robert ethan
06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Check out the pass distribution numbers for quarterbacks at www.profootballfocus.com, especially the rookies.

Timmy was flinging that ball like freaking Greg Cook in his first three starts.:eek:

BroncoStud
06-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Good find. I didn't realize Tim was throwing deep so much.

robert ethan
06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
...when you know that Tebow as the only rookie actually trying to throw the ball downfield.:salute:

vandammage13
06-23-2011, 05:01 PM
...when you know that Tebow as the only rookie actually trying to throw the ball downfield.:salute:

Tebow always had a great deep ball in college....It is probably his strength when it comes to passing, so its not a surprise to me that he had an abnormally high percentage of deep passes. Its the short passes that he needs to work on, and since he's not as comfortable throwing below 10 yards, teams will make start to play 2 deep and make him work the underneath routes, hedging their bets that he won't be accurate enough to dink and dunk all the way down the field. Lets just hope that he improves his accuracy in the shorter throws and makes them pay.

broncobryce
06-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks but who's greg cook?

robert ethan
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks but who's greg cook?

Cook had probably the best season ever for a rookie quarterback. For the Bengals back in the day. Even though I think he only played 10 games altogether, most of them with a torn rotator cuff. I think he still has the all time NFL record for yards per catch and yards per attempt. They didn't know how to deal with his arm injury properly at the time, so he ended up with a dead arm and his career was over after one season. I think he was leading the league in most passing categories when he went down. Bill Walsh said he was the best quarterback he ever saw.

hamrob
06-23-2011, 10:20 PM
I think what it tells us about Tebow, is what we already know. He played well in his 3 games starting. Everyone questioned his ability to throw the ball and he did o.k. Even showed some flashes. Let him learn more about checking down and give him a good TE he can count on...and watch out.

His big focus still needs to be:

1. Accuracy
2. Quicker release

broncobryce
06-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Cook had probably the best season ever for a rookie quarterback. For the Bengals back in the day. Even though I think he only played 10 games altogether, most of them with a torn rotator cuff. I think he still has the all time NFL record for yards per catch and yards per attempt. They didn't know how to deal with his arm injury properly at the time, so he ended up with a dead arm and his career was over after one season. I think he was leading the league in most passing categories when he went down. Bill Walsh said he was the best quarterback he ever saw.

What a shame. Thanks for the info.

Can't wait for the season to start to see what Tebone can do.