PDA

View Full Version : I hear Ron Dayne's still a FA.

sneakers
11-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Not that I have any particular fondness of the Wisconsin Badger running back :whistle:

Just a suggestion.

56crash
11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I would rather have one of the bells back myself .

MileHighWrath
11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
There's a reason he's still a FA

Italianmobstr7
11-04-2008, 01:02 AM

There's a reason that Mewelde Moore was a free agent too, and look what he's done. Just because a guy is a free agent doesn't mean that he can't play. I personally wouldn't like either of the Bell's back, but I wouldn't mind Dayne. We need to find someone who can just snag a few carries a game. Torain and Selvin will split the rest. Dayne could do a decent job with 5-8 carries a game I think.

silkamilkamonico
11-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Quentin Griffin
Tatum Bell
Rueben Droughns
Garrison Hearst
Ron Dayne
Mike Bell
Selvin Young
Andre Hall
Travis Henry
Michael Pittman
Ryan Torain

All Rb's we've had since Portis

Get a f'n RB Shanahan.....

...figure it out.

Italianmobstr7
11-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Quentin Griffin
Tatum Bell 1,000 yard rusher
Rueben Droughns 1,000 yard rusher
Garrison Hearst
Ron Dayne
Mike Bell Did pretty good for an undrafted FA while he was here.
Selvin Young Has done pretty good for us when he's healthy.
Andre Hall has done good in every game he's played for us where he actually got carries except for 1 (the pats game)
Travis Henry
Michael Pittman did a great job of filling in and winning the starting rb spot.
Ryan Torain we don't know how he's going to do yet, but a lot of people (including Shanahan) seem to really like him.

All Rb's we've had since Portis

Get a f'n RB Shanahan.....

...figure it out.

I wouldn't say that we need to get a RB right now. That's one of the last things we should be worrying about. How about, get a pass rush, get a new d coordinator, get some safeties, and maybe some lb's. Then we worry about the RB's.

broncophan
11-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't say that we need to get a RB right now. That's one of the last things we should be worrying about. How about, get a pass rush, get a new d coordinator, get some safeties, and maybe some lb's. Then we worry about the RB's.

I "kind of" agree with you..........but if we don't get some kind of running game, our kid qb is gonna' sink.......

LordTrychon
11-04-2008, 01:50 AM
I "kind of" agree with you..........but if we don't get some kind of running game, our kid qb is gonna' sink.......

Um... I would say that if we don't get another RB or two at the rate we're going, we're likely to end up in 5WR sets every play because we'll run out of fodder.

silkamilkamonico
11-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Um... I would say that if we don't get another RB or two at the rate we're going, we're likely to end up in 5WR sets every play because we'll run out of fodder.

Yea, and that's a great way to get Cutler killed.

Not to mention it isn't working when he has to drop back and pass the entire game.

The only resemblance of controlling the pace of the game with the run was done by Pittman, and he's done.

dogfish
11-04-2008, 02:01 AM
if they want to sign a veteran back instead of activating pj pope from the practice squad (most likely immediate response, IMO), vernand morency is another guy that i believe is available. . . he was a second round pick out of OK state a year or two after tater came out-- he showed some flashes and has NFL-caliber physical skills, but between nagging injuries and inconsistency his career never really got off the ground. . . he has plenty of experience in the ZBS from playing in houston and green bay. . . he's no world beater, but neither is anyone else that's available right now. . .

sneakers
11-04-2008, 02:15 AM

He hasn't signed with another team????? :confused:

ikillz0mbies
11-04-2008, 03:01 AM
I also hear Maurice Clarett is available....

sneakers
11-04-2008, 06:51 AM
I also hear Maurice Clarett is available....

I don't think he is.....imagine all the suspensions Goodell would issue to him for bad behavior.

sneakers
11-07-2008, 03:54 AM
We lost another back tonight......last I checked Dayne was still available. :D

Tned
11-07-2008, 08:36 AM
We lost another back tonight......last I checked Dayne was still available. :D

Unfortunately, he is still available for a reason. However, I am sure that Shanahan and crew will be looking at all the RBs that have spent the first 10 weeks of the season sitting on their couch's watching football and will be calling several of them for workouts.

broncofaninfla
11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm game for Dayne or either of the Bell's

BigDaddyBronco
11-07-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm game for Dayne or either of the Bell's
They're not going to scare anyone, but they have to be better than the guys on the practice squad.

Hillis might be able to get it done, but I think he is such an asset as a pass catcher, FB, maybe short yardage back. I wouldn't want to wear him out.

CrazyHorse
11-07-2008, 10:56 AM
I like the guy who broke Ron Dayne's NCAA all-time leading rusher record.
His name is Danny Woodhead from Chandron State. He's small but so is Darren Sproles.
The worst thing that can be held against him is that he went to a small school.
It's funny that he's caucasian, and in the NFL most caucasion RB become fullbacks.

Ask Missouri Bronc about him...