PDA

View Full Version : Some good news

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Looks like the worst has passed and the two sides are finally getting to it. Details of the new CBA!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6686560

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6687485

BeefStew25
06-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Who is Ricky Natiel?

Shananahan
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Jesus, revenues are projected to double in five years? I figured it would never do anything but increase, that just seems pretty accelerated to me.

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Who is Ricky Natiel?

Its Ricky Nattiel and if you don't know who that is, you aint no Bronco fan.

slim
06-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Thank God for google, right?

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Thank God for google, right?

why so you can find out what that growth is on your vag?

I been watching Elway and Ricky before most of you proclaimed superfans were born.

slim
06-21-2011, 01:16 PM

I been watching Elway and Ricky before most of you proclaimed superfans were born.

:laugh:

underrated29
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
That was funny.

Now dont overdue it.

Yup, ya did. You just overdid it.

OrangeHoof
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I keep wondering when professional sports will join the same economic recession as the rest of us. Seems the money just keeps going up up up and there's no shortage of buyers.

BeefStew25
06-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Just here to help. Thank you for correcting his name.

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Lot of young pups round here running their mouths on whos a fan and who isnt... Ill take that shit from Top cuz hes older than dirt and been to the first game and named the Denver Broncos and was a midwife at Elways birth or some shit. I wont take that shit from people born in 1990.

BeefStew25
06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Lot of young pups round here running their mouths on whos a fan and who isnt... Ill take that shit from Top cuz hes older than dirt and been to the first game and named the Denver Broncos and was a midwife at Elways birth or some shit. I wont take that shit from people born in 1990.

Wow, maybe check back in on your bible thumping thread and read your great post there and come back here with a soap rubbed on your keyboard.

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Wow, maybe check back in on your bible thumping thread and read your great post there and come back here with a soap rubbed on your keyboard.

Im a work in progress. :D

T.K.O.
06-21-2011, 01:37 PM
what's up in this thread......amigos ?:D

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 03:48 PM
what's up in this thread......amigos ?:D

Not much... just bonding with my new found fanmates :laugh:

For those of you who didn't know Ricky is who made me a Bronco fan to begin with. He's a Gator. Makes sense now?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Not much... just bonding with my new found fanmates :laugh:

For those of you who didn't know Ricky is who made me a Bronco fan to begin with. He's a Gator. Makes sense now?

Without doing research, Ricky was part of the 3 Amigos - name the other two.

MOtorboat
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Without doing research, Ricky was part of the 3 Amigos - name the other two.

Steve Watson and Eddie McCaffrey?

chazoe60
06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Mark Jackson and Vance Johnson.

NightTerror218
06-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Sweet I am born before 1990 so I dont have to worry about being a young pup but can still run my mouth :D

So if Top is old as dirt, what category are you in?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Mark Jackson and Vance Johnson.

Darn chaz - you may have bailed Bullgator out :tsk:

chazoe60
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Darn chaz - you may have bailed Bullgator out :tsk:

Did I mess up? I thought it was an open trivia question. Sorry

Ask him another and I'll keep my trap shut.

underrated29
06-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Sweet I am born before 1990 so I dont have to worry about being a young pup but can still run my mouth :D

aside from Westicles there are not many on here born in 1990 or later...I think most all of us are 80's at the youngest. Bull-i am guessing is probably...erhh...ima go with 1976.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 04:29 PM

Not to worry :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 04:33 PM
In keeping with what thread was started for -

Among the details NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is revealing to owners Tuesday at the owners' meeting in Rosemont, Ill., is that in the next proposed agreement players will receive a 48 percent share of "all revenue," without the $1-billion-plus credit off the top that had been a point of contention in earlier negotiations, according to sources familiar with the presentation.

Under the new formula being negotiated, players will receive 48 percent of all revenue and will never dip below a 46.5 percent take of the money, sources said.

In the previous collective bargaining agreement, players received approximately 60 percent of "total revenue" but that did not include $1 billion that was designated as an expense credit off the top of the $9 billion revenue model. Owners initially were seeking another $1 billion in credit only to reduce that amount substantially before exercising the lockout on March 13.

Ultimately, the two sides have decided to simplify the formula, which will eliminate some tedious accounting audits of the credit the players have allowed in the previous deal. NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith has stated that players were actually receiving around 53 percent of all revenues instead of the much advertised 60 percent.

Owners still will get some expense credits that will allow funding for new stadium construction, sources said.

rest of article - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6687485

TXBRONC
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Steve Watson and Eddie McCaffrey?

No it was Jack Dolbin and Haven Moses.

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 04:46 PM
aside from Westicles there are not many on here born in 1990 or later...I think most all of us are 80's at the youngest. Bull-i am guessing is probably...erhh...ima go with 1976.

You should work at the circus =D

underrated29
06-21-2011, 04:49 PM
You should work at the circus =D

Its my third nipple.

All the psychic ability i have comes from that.

Bullgator
06-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I dont think its a feat to know the three amigos anymore than it is to know anyne... all you had to do was watch football.

Tned
06-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Interesting, I'm sure I'm missing something, but assuming the pie is $9 billion, then taking a billion off the top and paying the players 60% of the remainder is more than paying 48% of the $9 billion.

What am I missing here?

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 05:13 PM

He must think the WWW has a delete button. :laugh:

TXBRONC
06-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Interesting, I'm sure I'm missing something, but assuming the pie is $9 billion, then taking a billion off the top and paying the players 60% of the remainder is more than paying 48% of the $9 billion.

What am I missing here?

I noticed that myself. It looks like one of the concessions the owners are going to have to make in the raising of cap ceiling?

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 05:17 PM

He's in that fresh pile the cow just dumped in the back 40.
:lol:

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Dayum, chazz....There's this thing called a Quote.......

;)

Juriga72
06-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Its my third nipple.

All the psychic ability i have comes from that.

Is your name Scaramanga by chance?

NightTerror218
06-21-2011, 05:42 PM

What am I missing here?

I think that is all the players are budging on. I dont think they will let take anything less. They must realize they are fighting with the guys that write the checks to them.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 05:45 PM

What am I missing here?

It is confusing, unless the key here is "all revenue"

Among the details NFL commissioner Roger Goodell revealed to owners Tuesday at the league's meeting in Rosemont, Ill., is that in the next proposed agreement players will receive a 48 percent share of "all revenue," without the $1-billion-plus credit off the top that had been a point of contention in earlier negotiations, according to sources familiar with the presentation.

underrated29
06-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Is your name Scaramanga by chance?

haha, not james bond.

actually what I was quoting comes from another classic movie.

Mallrats!

chazoe60
06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Dayum, chazz....There's this thing called a Quote.......

;)

There's also this thing called multi-quote.

;)

Tned
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
It is confusing, unless the key here is "all revenue"

It is, but the math doesn't work. Before it was total revenue minus one billion times 60%. Now they are saying 48% of total revenue.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 06:26 PM
ROSEMONT, Ill. -- NFL owners and players are discussing an almost straight split of income in the next collective bargaining agreement that would net the players just less than 50 percent of total revenues.

A person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press the players' share would approach the 50 percent the NFL Players Association has said it has received throughout the past decade. The expense credits -- about $1 billion last year -- that the league takes off the top would also disappear.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the negotiations are supposed to be confidential. The owners held a special meeting Tuesday to discuss proposals made in recent negotiations with the players.

Also, there would no longer be "designated revenues" from which the players would share, the person said. Instead, the players would share from the entire pie, which they project will grow significantly over the course of the new CBA, which is expected to run anywhere from six to 10 years. So if the players are taking 48 percent or more of a much higher revenue stream -- without the initial NFL deduction for operating expenses -- the players still would receive far more money than they got under the previous agreement.

A salary floor keeping teams within 90 percent of the cap also would be included. The players have been concerned that some teams whose revenue streams don't match up with the richer clubs would try to hold down salary spending.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8206a9b6/article/source-owners-players-discussing-almost-5050-revenue-split?module=HP_headlines

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
There's also this thing called multi-quote.

;)

On mobile? Show me, oh wise one. ;)

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 06:44 PM
It is, but the math doesn't work. Before it was total revenue minus one billion times 60%. Now they are saying 48% of total revenue.
They also had a lower floor (60%) vs the proposed 93%. And with 17 Thursday games, and the additional Million$ it'll prolly bring in......

NightTerror218
06-21-2011, 06:46 PM

So the players were getting 4.8 billion (9 billion -1 billion times 60%) and now with getting 48% of all revenue they would get 4.32 billion(9 billion times 48%). Players realize that the owners will not give them more than 4.8 billion dollars. If the owners got what then originally wanted was 2 billion off the top it would be 4.2 billion (9 billion -2 billion times 60%) to the players. Their original offer to the owners was 50-50 and owners jumped on it and said no, which was 4.5 billion each(9 billion / 2). 48% is in the middle of what was originally what owners wanted and what players counter-offered.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Also, there would no longer be "designated revenues" from which the players would share, the person said. Instead, the players would share from the entire pie, which they project will grow significantly over the course of the new CBA, which is expected to run anywhere from six to 10 years

Since the players would be sharing from the entire pie, of course, their part of the money would be more than just sharing designated revenues.

Tned
06-21-2011, 07:33 PM
On mobile? Show me, oh wise one. ;)

To be fair you never use multi quote even when on the regular site. ;)

They also had a lower floor (60%) vs the proposed 93%. And with 17 Thursday games, and the additional Million$ it'll prolly bring in......

Ok, so the old 60% of revenue minus a billion was for the cap not the floor?

Is that what your thinking? That would make sense.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 08:05 PM
The NFL owners met at the Westin Hotel in Chicago near O'Hare Airport on Tuesday, with commissioner Roger Goodell outlining the key elements of the proposed agreement the sides have been working on.

The representatives for the owners and the players who have been involved in mediated talks the past three weeks are expected to meet again in Boston on Wednesday and Thursday.

Goodell informed owners that the next proposed agreement would include a 48 percent share of "all revenue," for the players, without the highly-debated $1 billion credit off the top for owners, according to a report by ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The new formula would not allow the players' percentage to dip below 46.5 percent. It's a major shift in the approach, as the players received 60 percent of "total revenue" after the $1 billion credit in the last CBA. Owners initially wanted an additional $1 billion credit, which ostensibly was to go toward news stadiums and stadium renovations, along with other projects for increasing overall revenue.

Other key elements include:

*Teams would be required to spend close to the full salary cap in salaries.

*A rookie wage scale proposal is being "tweaked."

*The hotly-debated 18-game regular-season schedule the owners have been seeking would only be listed as a negotiable item going forward.

*Players would gain unrestricted free agent status after four years, but certain tags such as franchise and transition players are still being discussed.

*An 18-game Thursday night schedule beginning in 2012.

*Improved health care and pension benefits for retired players.

One issue remains a division among some owners, with Cincinnati's Mike Brown(notes) and Buffalo's Ralph Wilson among those believed to be against the high minimum threshhold spent on salaries.

If the sides can agree on terms, the players are willing to commit to a 10-year labor deal, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

rest of article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=sportsxchange-000349402_owners-discuss-key-details-of-proposed-aggreement

Tned
06-21-2011, 08:09 PM
That should probably read 16 game Thursday might schedule.

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 08:21 PM
To be fair you never use multi quote even when on the regular site. ;)

Ok, so the old 60% of revenue minus a billion was for the cap not the floor?

Is that what your thinking? That would make sense.
Ouch! I resemble that remark. ;)

And yes. Teams like TB/Car will actually have to spend money on their players now (or sell).
Players will be absolutely making more money.

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 08:29 PM
That should probably read 16 game Thursday might schedule.

17wks, plus extra Turkey game...

And yours should probably read "night"

;)

Tned
06-21-2011, 08:32 PM
17wks, plus extra Turkey game...

And yours should probably read "night"

;)

Could be. It was reported elsewhere as 16 game, but I suppose if you count the two Thanksgiving dud games (Cowboys and Lions), they could mean 18 total games on Thursday.

Either way, it clearly means a Thursday game every week, rather than opening week and then halfway through the season.

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Could be. It was reported elsewhere as 16 game, but I suppose if you count the two Thanksgiving dud games (Cowboys and Lions), they could mean 18 total games on Thursday.

Either way, it clearly means a Thursday game every week, rather than opening week and then halfway through the season.

Yeppers.
Makes a guy wonder.....

....will they ever be open to having a pure rotating T-Day game?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
AdamSchefter
Just to clarify: Any player with 4, 5 or 6 years of service -- whose contract is expired -- is expected to be an unrestricted free agent.
7 hours ago
Adam Schefter

AdamSchefter
RT @RapSheet: Franchise tags still good, though, right? ... There are expected to be franchise tags in next CBA, yes.
7 hours ago
Adam Schefter

AdamSchefter
More at ESPN: If and when agreement is reached, all players with 4, 5 and 6 years of service are expected to be unrestricted free agents.
7 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/adamschefter

Tned
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
OUCH, unrestricted free agents after four years. I think the last CBA you had to have 6 years of service, so be in your 7th season to be unrestricted.

This will mean even more player turnover. I miss the days of a player being with the same club for an entire career.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
The owners meeting in Chicago is done, and now, the whole shootin' match moves to Boston for further negotiations with the players in a new collective bargaining agreement that both parties could sign off on in the next couple of weeks. One of the most interesting wrinkles in the newest series of terms the owners have put out there is that the number of seasons for players to hit unrestricted free agency would go from six back to four in a nod to pre-2010 rules.

Previously, players in their fifth and sixth seasons (the ones who had four-year rookie deals and whose contracts had expired) were tagged with different tenders as a matter of course. Now, over 100 players who had been tendered (or were expected to be) under prior free agency rules could be in the open market. You can find the full list of players here, courtesy of Football Outsiders compadre Brian McIntyre, (http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2011/06/tendered-players-who-could-hit.html) and here are my most interesting names on that list. Some were expected to switch teams anyway, and some could be new and crucial chips for teams looking to reload.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-best-potential-free-agents-under-4-year-rule?urn=nfl-wp2829

nevcraw
06-21-2011, 09:27 PM
OUCH, unrestricted free agents after four years. I think the last CBA you had to have 6 years of service, so be in your 7th season to be unrestricted.

This will mean even more player turnover. I miss the days of a player being with the same club for an entire career.

maybe - but I also think the smart teams will try secure their best players a little earlier and figure out a way to make it work.

Tned
06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
maybe - but I also think the smart teams will try secure their best players a little earlier and figure out a way to make it work.

Yep, but it inevitably will lead to more player turnover.

rcsodak
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Teams will need to resign their own, first, and then hit the market, imo. Otherwise, salaries start climbing.

Just ask shanny

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Yep, but it inevitably will lead to more player turnover.

Might be getting to the point where the fans order their favorite team jersey, and have their name put on the back, rather than a player's name.:eek:

Tned
06-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Might be getting to the point where the fans order their favorite team jersey, and have their name put on the back, rather than a player's name.:eek:

Exactly. I know it's a business for the players, but as a fan, it's kind of sad.

TXBRONC
06-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Would that mean that when a player is drafted his initial contract can be for no more than 4 years?

Tned
06-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Would that mean that when a player is drafted his initial contract can be for no more than 4 years?

I doubt it. I'm guessing that for higher draft picks, teams might even sign them to six year contracts or longer to lock them up. Big risk, but I'm sure we will see more of them.

TXBRONC
06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I doubt it. I'm guessing that for higher draft picks, teams might even sign them to six year contracts or longer to lock them up. Big risk, but I'm sure we will see more of them.

I wonder if this also means we'll see great use of the franchise tag as well.

Tned
06-21-2011, 10:36 PM
I wonder if this also means we'll see great use of the franchise tag as well.

Hard to say. If they are still based on paying the average of the top 5 or top 10 at that position, it probably won't be used a whole lot, especially on these young players.

FanInAZ
06-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong Beef, but I think you were alluding to the fact that RN was a 1st round bust.

1987 31 receptions, 630 yards & 2 TDs. 2 rushes, 13 yards & 0 TDs. 12 punt returns, 73 yards & 0 TDs. 4 kick returns, 78 yards & 0 TDs
1988 46 receptions, 574 yards & 1 TD. 5 rushes, 51 yards & 0 TDs. 11 punt returns, 23 yards & 0 TDs. 6 kick returns, 124 yards & 0 TDs.
1989 10 receptions, 183 yards & 1 TD. 9 punt returns, 77 yards & 0 TDs.
1990 18 receptions, 297 yards & 2 TDs. 1 punt return, 0 yards & 0 TDs. 1 kick return, 0 yards & 0 TDs.
1991 16 receptions, 288 yards & 2 TDs. 10 punt returns, 43 yards & 0 TDs.
1992 4 games, 0 production & end of his NFL career that last only 5 1/4 seasons.
Career Totles: 121 receptions, 1972 yards & 8 TDs. 7 rushes, 64 yards & 0 TDs. 55 punt returns, 421 yards & 0 TDs. 11 kick returns, 202 yards & 0 TDs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NattRi00.htm

That was the production that we got for our 1st round (27th overall) pick of the 1987 draft.

PS: I, being old enough to evaluate the overall talent of one player to another when Nattiel played, knew he was a bust before I gathered these stats.

TXBRONC
06-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Beef, but I think you were alluding to the fact that RN was a 1st round bust.

1987 31 receptions, 630 yards & 2 TDs. 2 rushes, 13 yards & 0 TDs. 12 punt returns, 73 yards & 0 TDs. 4 kick returns, 78 yards & 0 TDs
1988 46 receptions, 574 yards & 1 TD. 5 rushes, 51 yards & 0 TDs. 11 punt returns, 23 yards & 0 TDs. 6 kick returns, 124 yards & 0 TDs.
1990 18 receptions, 297 yards & 2 TDs. 1 punt return, 0 yards & 0 TDs. 1 kick return, 0 yards & 0 TDs.
1992 4 games, 0 production & end of his NFL career that last only 5 1/4 seasons.
Career Totles: 121 receptions, 1972 yards & 8 TDs. 7 rushes, 64 yards & 0 TDs. 55 punt returns, 421 yards & 0 TDs. 11 kick returns, 202 yards & 0 TDs.

That was the production that we got for our 1st round (27th overall) pick of the 1987 draft.

PS: I, being old enough to evaluate the overall talent of one player to another when Nattiel played, knew he was a bust before I gathered these stats.

From what I remember Nattiel had a lot of problems staying healthy.

Shananahan
06-21-2011, 11:33 PM
It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the draft re:contracts and salaries. I want to say I read somewhere that they'd proposed mandatory six-year contracts for first rounders with a slotted scale system, but I'm not sure. You'd have to think that if there is any kind of pay scale it will be difficult to get your rookies signed any longer than they have to, especially if everybody else is just looking at a potential payday several years sooner.

FanInAZ
06-21-2011, 11:34 PM
From what I remember Nattiel had a lot of problems staying healthy.

I remember that he, as well as the other 3 amigos, had a problem with ditching practice during the week leading up to SB XXIV in order to make a music video. I also remember that they then proceed to drop every pass thrown to them during SB XXIV.

TXBRONC
06-22-2011, 07:21 AM
I remember that he, as well as the other 3 amigos, had a problem with ditching practice during the week leading up to SB XXIV in order to make a music video. I also remember that they then proceed to drop every pass thrown to them during SB XXIV.

I can't say I have ever heard that before.

BeefStew25
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I can't say I have ever heard that before.

Bullgator knew. About Natiel also. He is a better fan. :confused:

rcsodak
06-22-2011, 10:30 AM
No...schef said 'when their contracts expire'.

They were talking earlier about 1st rdrs being different length than the rest. Guess we'll see.

rcsodak
06-22-2011, 10:33 AM

Prolly his shitty qb.

;)

TXBRONC
06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Bullgator knew. About Natiel also. He is a better fan. :confused:

I know how to spell Nattiel's name.

LordTrychon
06-22-2011, 10:39 AM
What I was hearing on the radio today was that it was no more than 4 years... with the exception of the first round, which will likely be 5.

May be a difference between the first half of the first round and the second half as far as options, etc.

Rex
06-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Bullgator sounds like the BEST BRONCOS FAN EVER!

BeefStew25
06-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Until Jesus gets cut or traded.

Rex
06-22-2011, 10:43 AM

I see.

I wonder if he would buy those 2 for $27 Jockey Cool Tshirts that I saw in the Vegas airport vending machine with Jesus on it?

rcsodak
06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Ya think he still thinks ricky is on the roster?

Bullgator
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM

2nd only to you Iowa.

Bullgator
06-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Well then lucky for all of us Timmy will be a HoF QB right here in Denver. :amen: