PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Broncos coach John Fox still waiting as NFL lockout hits 100 days

topscribe
06-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Just got an email alert from the DP (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18317062) with that subject line.

Am I really starting a thread with this? Are you kidding?

Wow. If things get any slower, they're going to have to stop to speed up . . . :tsk:

PLEASE! SOMEBODY GET THE SEASON GOING!! :eek:

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
06-20-2011, 06:17 PM
I just read the article - some interesting things in it:

It has been just more than five months since John Fox first walked through the doors of Dove Valley as the Broncos new head coach.

While the first few months of his tenure was all about hurrying — to build a staff, to trim the roster and re-sign free agents like Champ Bailey, to prepare for the draft — now it is all waiting as the NFL lockout reached the 100-day mark on Monday.

Fox said the team is ready for both the start of free agency, with several contingency plans depending on the rules, and for training camp, whenever those events might be allowed to begin. Fox and his staff have created a practice-by-practice schedule for camp, and have also come up with preliminary game plans for the four preseason games.

"As soon as that gun goes off we've got multiple plans in place, so we're just waiting for the race to start," Fox said.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18317062?source=rss

MOtorboat
06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
This is kind of a dumb question, but since there is no union, because of decertification, and free agents don't have contracts with other teams, why can't they talk to potential employers?

titan
06-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Lyndsey Jones tweeted that there will be more on the Fox story in tomorrow's paper. A couple of tidbits:

Fox said he hasn't read @TimTebow's book. Joked he might pick it up if lockout keeps dragging on and he needs vacation reading.

PostBroncos 4:47pm via TweetDeck
Fox reiterated that QB competition between Orton, Tebow and Quinn will be wide open.

Tned
06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
This is kind of a dumb question, but since there is no union, because of decertification, and free agents don't have contracts with other teams, why can't they talk to potential employers?

The league has told teams they can have no contact with players during the lockout.

Softskull
06-20-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm hiring ex-NFL union players to come do my lawn.

camdisco24
06-20-2011, 06:52 PM
In other news, the sun will most likely set today....

Why was this breaking news??? I thought something important happened when I saw the email... either that or someone else got arrested. haha

Juriga72
06-20-2011, 06:57 PM
In other news, the sun will most likely set today....

Why was this breaking news??? I thought something important happened when I saw the email... either that or someone else got arrested. haha

Ray Lewis is ready to bust a cap in someones azz..... watch out

Benetto
06-20-2011, 11:36 PM

My question is, If there is no Union and all, what is DSmith still doing in this.