PDA

View Full Version : Javon likely to miss the game.....

Crush05
09-29-2007, 08:09 PM
We need him to be a part of our version of a three headed monster. Javon, Marshall and Stokley. I hope this is just a press thing!!!:noidea:

Broncos wide receiver Walker likely out Sunday
By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

Hamilton placed on IR
Broncos offensive guard Ben Hamilton was placed on injured reserve Friday with post-concussion symptoms, making him ineligible for the remainder of the season. The seven-year veteran has missed all three games this season. More ... The Broncos suffered some losses even before they arrived in Indianapolis.

They lost their regular starting guard, Ben Hamilton, for the rest of the season when they placed him on the injured reserve list on Friday. Hamilton suffered a concussion in the early part of training camp, never recovered, and now has been lost for the season.

Denver also lost on another front. It's looking as if wide receiver Javon Walker will be unable to come back from the knee injury he suffered during last week's loss against Jacksonville to play Sunday at Indianapolis. The injury prevented Walker from practicing most of this week and now looks as if it will prevent him from playing as well.

Walker, who recorded 100-yard games in the first two weeks of the season, leads the Broncos in receptions (19) and is second in yards (230). He was held to two receptions for 10 yards in last week's loss to Jacksonville.

In addition to Walker, Broncos safety John Lynch is battling a strained groin he suffered against Jacksonville. Lynch underwent an MRI exam on Monday. Denver coach Mike Shanahan said he would evealuate Lynch on Friday and that the veteran will be game-time decision.

Some big shakeups for Denver on the eve of a big game versus Indianapolis.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802cc9c9&template=without-video&confirm=true

BigBroncLove
09-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Damn, dman, damn!

We are gonan need Walker out there, and not just Walker, but a healthy Walker. Even if he makes an appearence it sounds as if it won't be the JAvon we all know. Hopefully the other WR's can step it up, but I think he was an important part of the Broncos offense to create the mismatches at WR that we were going to need. Now MArshall being the #1 WR gives an entirely different look to how we can go verticle.....

I hate it to, because it comes from Schefter who has good ties to the Broncos organization and usually isn't wrong when it comes to most predictions, let alone when it comes to his old Denver base. Damn, damn, damn!

DenBronx
09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
no worries....stokely wants to have a huge game. sheff should see some good playing time finally and of course marshal has #1 wr potential.

since hixon has been muffing returns i say x him for those duties and put him in as 3rd and see if he can come up big like he did in preseason.

BroncoWave
09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I honestly don't think it's that big a deal for this game. We are going to focus on the running game against the Colts and Marshall and Stokely is still a pretty formidable WR duo. Now if Walker misses several weeks that wouldn't be good.

Tned
09-29-2007, 08:34 PM
No Walker will be a big blow. With Marsal's emergence and Stokely showing he has plenty left, it isn't as big a blow as it would have been a few weeks ago, but it is big.

I think Scheffler is ready to go, so if Marshall and Stokely are the starting WRs then it is possible Scheffler will be used in the slot as he was some last year and last years pre-season.

fcspikeit
09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
I think Stockley stays in the slot. He is a slot receiver. I bet Hixon moves up to #2 .

The worst think about this is that the receivers will be running new routs from a new position. The timing will be different for Cutler because each guy is a little different.

I have the feeling he will be able to play though. I think this is Shannahan trying to get an advantage. If the colts believe Walker will not play then they can't game plan for him.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Having Walker is going to hurt, but I firmly believe that Denver is going to do the clock control work like Jacksonville did against them to keep Manning and their offensive off of the field. I expect Henry to get the rock a great deal in this game.

Reidman
09-29-2007, 09:00 PM
It doesn't say for sure that he won't play.

When will we know for sure...??

Aside from the loss to the Broncos of not having him play, I have the all
important decision of taking him out of my lineup this weekend in FF...:ahhhhh:

He will be missed in the passing game but I still think we have enough weapons at our disposal. We should be fine without him if that's the case.

Tned
09-29-2007, 09:09 PM
It doesn't say for sure that he won't play.

When will we know for sure...??

Aside from the loss to the Broncos of not having him play, I have the all
important decision of taking him out of my lineup this weekend in FF...:ahhhhh:

He will be missed in the passing game but I still think we have enough weapons at our disposal. We should be fine without him if that's the case.

Me too. I have him in my money league, and I currently don't have a healthy non-bye WR to replace him with. Trying to decide if I should pickup a FA, which will require me to drop one of my RBs on a bye.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Money's not on the line for me, but here are some of my good players listed as questionable or doubtful for games this weekend.

Laurence Maroney, Javon Walker, Anquan Boldin, Kellen Winslow, Jr.

I mean seriously, that's OFFENSE for me.

Clinton Portis being on BYE doesn't help that situation, but I do have Tatum Bell (cringe) if I do need another RB to go.

I've replaced Walker and Boldin with Marshall and Berrian. . . at least they'll be #1's this weekend. *prays*

lex
09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
In a way it may not be so bad in that it makes Cutler look for more receivers.

anton...
09-29-2007, 10:41 PM
damn...

but since this development...

i see us playing a lot of 2 TE sets with graham and tony and henry getting the rock 60+ times...

:peep:

i do think hixon will get a good run...

and i think stokes will be the #2 WR...

but he will go into the slot on 3+ WR sets...

:2cents:
________
Homemade Light Bulb Vaporizer (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

Simple Jaded
09-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm more worried about the long term of this injury....Hopefully it's nothing serious and he won't need another surgery....

Tned
09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm more worried about the long term of this injury....Hopefully it's nothing serious and he won't need another surgery....

Hopefully, it is just some swelling or mild sprain. I didn't see any mention of an MRI or an indication of a severe sprain (otherwise known as partial tear).

BigBroncLove
09-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Hopefully, it is just some swelling or mild sprain. I didn't see any mention of an MRI or an indication of a severe sprain (otherwise known as partial tear).

Yeah, the MRI they took said there was no real damage, just some inflammation and obvious swelling. I know in my few knee injuries that it is very easy to damage the platella (knee cap) and cause swelling, which is painful but not serious. I hope that is the case here....

Broncos Mtnman
09-29-2007, 11:08 PM

He has had an MRI done on the knee and all it showed was swelling. No damage to anything.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Even if Walker would want to play, I'd sideline him for the game anyways. Could we use him this week? Absolutely, but we could use him for the rest of the year and the rest of his career a whole lot more. It'd be bad business to let him play if he has inflammation/swelling in his knee.

BigBroncLove
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Even if Walker would want to play, I'd sideline him for the game anyways. Could we use him this week? Absolutely, but we could use him for the rest of the year and the rest of his career a whole lot more. It'd be bad business to let him play if he has inflammation/swelling in his knee.

I agree. Even if he wants to play, if the injury is effecting his game, and he won't be at 100% it makes more sense to put a player who can play without any hinderences then to put a player who will not only possibly cause further damage to their injury, but will be able play to their highest ability. I love Javon, and I think not having him out there will cause our passing game to suffer somewhat, but I always think it's about putting your best personel out there, and while pro bowl calibre players are hard to replace with depth, any player will suffer reduced production when dealing with injury, even #1 WR's.

That goes the same for Lynch, who I think would be an important part of a stout run D, but if he's playing hurt a groin injury wil lcause major problems for his coverage responsibilities....

Reidman
09-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Me too. I have him in my money league, and I currently don't have a healthy non-bye WR to replace him with. Trying to decide if I should pickup a FA, which will require me to drop one of my RBs on a bye.

Same thing, money league and I'm currently undefeated. I ended up dropping J. Lewis and picking up S. McDonald to fill in for Walker. I'm in the same boat as Dream......all my starters, Boldin, Walker, Delhome all out. I'm even starting Philip Rivers....:scared:

Sorry....:focus: