PDA

View Full Version : OK.......so Whats Larry up to???

WARHORSE
11-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Larry Johnson loses 6 mil due to incentive laden contract......plus will have to pay back signing boni for his indiscretions...this makes him a very cuttable player right now. No one will want to trade for him cause they know hes gonna hit the streets.

Now, I know its not what everyone wants to hear, but what do we do next year?

With all the defensive help we will need to be focused on getting, shoring up ANY holes on our team this offseason, whether offensively or defensively will be at a priority.

Larrys talent is plainly, plainly seen.

Has he learned enough from this to entertain picking the man up, and plugging a hole on our team with a very dangerous runner in our system? The Cheevies are obviously tired of him. Can a change of scenery and the slaps on the wrists help this cat turn the corner?

Thereby leaving us to fill other areas in the draft?

I gotta tell ya..............the desire to win now makes me salivate trying to get Johnson, even when hes a puss.

Theres alot to think about this coming year..........................:shocked:

CrazyHorse
11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
We need a Running Back!
But we need a defense more!

claymore
11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Larry Johnson loses 6 mil due to incentive laden contract......plus will have to pay back signing boni for his indiscretions...this makes him a very cuttable player right now. No one will want to trade for him cause they know hes gonna hit the streets.

Now, I know its not what everyone wants to hear, but what do we do next year?

With all the defensive help we will need to be focused on getting, shoring up ANY holes on our team this offseason, whether offensively or defensively will be at a priority.

Larrys talent is plainly, plainly seen.

Has he learned enough from this to entertain picking the man up, and plugging a hole on our team with a very dangerous runner in our system? The Cheevies are obviously tired of him. Can a change of scenery and the slaps on the wrists help this cat turn the corner?

Thereby leaving us to fill other areas in the draft?

I gotta tell ya..............the desire to win now makes me salivate trying to get Johnson, even when hes a puss.

Theres alot to think about this coming year..........................:shocked:
I normally agree with you War, but Im scared Marshall is enough trouble for us with a young QB.

Broncolingus
11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I normally agree with you War, but Im scared Marshall is enough trouble for us with a young QB.

No, no, no, dude...women and wissy's get 'scared.'

YOU are "concerned."

CrazyHorse
11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Danny Woodhead for RB?

Slick
11-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I'd take Larry Johnson in a heartbeat.

BroncoWave
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Larry Coyer. :lol:

It's kinda funny how all of us shit on Coyer a few years ago but I would kill to have the defense we had in his last year over this one.

DenBronx
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
LJ would be sick in Denver. I don't care for him as a person but how can you deny his talent? Now, I don't know that we should throw any draft choices for the guy but if he hits the open market we better take a serious look at him considering he still has alot left in the tank.

DenBronx
11-03-2008, 09:01 PM

It's kinda funny how all of us shit on Coyer a few years ago but I would kill to have the defense we had in his last year over this one.

that defense was alot better yeah but i dont like his scheme at all. he just wanted to put a bunch of fast scrawny guys on the field. his moto was all about speed. i wish we would just stick with the 4-3 and get some big dudes in the middle that can stuff the run.

i just want us to get off the field on 3rd down.

Italianmobstr7
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
People need to stop worrying about next year already. There's 8 games left in THIS season and we're still in the lead in our division and on the fast track to the playoffs, injuries and all. We have a pretty cupcake schedule coming up and we can capitalize. I would love to get Larry Johnson next season though. The guy is a beast.

BeefStew25
11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
People need to stop worrying about next year already. There's 8 games left in THIS season and we're still in the lead in our division and on the fast track to the playoffs, injuries and all. We have a pretty cupcake schedule coming up and we can capitalize. I would love to get Larry Johnson next season though. The guy is a beast.

Thank you Mob.

Except the part of bringing Larry in. He is a full fledged turd.

slim
11-03-2008, 09:47 PM

All of us? Painting with a pretty wide brush there, sparky.

BroncoWave
11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
All of us? Painting with a pretty wide brush there, sparky.

Whatever, you know what point I was trying to make. :coffee:

Italianmobstr7
11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Thank you Mob.

Except the part of bringing Larry in. He is a full fledged turd.

The guy has had his off the field problems, but so has Brandon Marshall. Larry Johnson is a unique talent, even with all of the mileage on him. Maybe it's my Penn State homerism, but I would love Larry on our team. I'm still not ready to look for next year yet though. I want to see us get to the playoffs this year. A lot of people are losing faith. I'm not one of them.

WARHORSE
11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Im NOT saying give up a draft pick for him. Heck, Im not even saying do it.

But with the holes we will have to fill ultimately..........the Broncos will have to consider it.

LRtagger
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I would rather draft Javon Ringer in he 2nd. Yea I know everyone wants defensive players with every pick, but a stud RB will only help the D. Cutler will throw fewer INTs and we can keep the D off the field.

MOtorboat
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I would rather draft Javon Ringer in he 2nd. Yea I know everyone wants defensive players with every pick, but a stud RB will only help the D. Cutler will throw fewer INTs and we can keep the D off the field.

You're going to have to spend a first-round pick on Ringer.

LRtagger
11-04-2008, 09:32 AM
You're going to have to spend a first-round pick on Ringer.

I don't know. I have seen some mocks with him going in the 3rd. There just arent a lot of teams that need a day 1 RB. Factor in that there is so much 1st round defensive talent in this draft and I could see Ringer slipping to the 2nd easily.

Still too early to say, but if he is available at our 2nd round pick, we would be dumb to pass on him - unless there is some defensive stud that drops which I dont see happening.

broncofaninfla
11-04-2008, 09:49 AM
It would cost too much to have him. I'd rather see what Torain brings to the table and weigh out who is avaiable next year.

Slick
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM

I wish I had your optimism. I see a team circling the bowl.

LRtagger
11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
We have a pretty cupcake schedule coming up and we can capitalize.

Which games are cupcake games, exactly?

I thought the Miami game was supposed to be cupcake....so was the KC game.

All I see left are 8 teams that all have a chance at beating us. The easiest games left are Oak and KC and both of those teams will play us extra hard as division rivals (luckily they are both home games)...KC is playing much better than when they beat us and Oak had been playing better up until this Sunday.

We have two upcoming games that are going to be VERY hard to win...and our last three games of the season are a nightmare. With our depleted RBs and Defense and with the way Jay has been playing there is not a single game left on the schedule that I think is cupcake except maybe Oakland.

Our only hope at this point is that SD will suck as bad as we do and the final game of the season will decide the champion of the West. Thier schedule is probably even more difficult than ours.

I still have hope that we can win, but if this team couldnt turn it around during the bye, why should we believe that they can do it in a short week?

EastCoastBronco
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
When the Broncos are involved, there is no such thing as a cupcake game. You should know that by now Mobster... Over the last 2-3 years, on a week to week basis, we are probably one of the worst "prepared" teams in the league.