PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NHL Entry Draft!!

underrated29
06-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Starts this friday night at 7 ET on VS.

I cant wait!!

The rumors that the avs were going to send the #2 overall for a top flight goalie are not going to happen. We like elliott and the guy we called up, forgot his name. He is the future netminder.

As for the avs draft it seems to be a toss up between the Big PF Landeskog or the big Swede defenseman Larsson.

IMO we take the big Swede Adam Larrson.

9 Players later we pick again with the #11 overall pick.- Toronto has made word that they would like to move up and use one or both of their firsts and early 2nd...(26th and 31, and or 36)-i think-. We could potentially be in play for such a move. However I doubt it.

I like us to stay and add another potential top flight goal scorer with Matt.

In the words of our good buddy MED, what do the other 7 NHL fans think? Anyone you would like to see, or not like to see? What do you want your team to do or think they will do.

4 days people!!!!!!!!!

dogfish
06-20-2011, 09:37 PM
i was just coming here to ask you fuggers who we're gonna pick. . .

i haven't watched the avs in years and know ****ing nothing about the hockey draft-- but unless there's a forward who projects as a potential top-flight superstar (like an overchkin or crosby, obviously), then i think you gotta take the big hoss defenseman just on general priciple. . .

underrated29
06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Landeskog is a big Power forward. Good solid skater and nice scoring abilities he is not the best F prospect, but he is 2nd/3rd best....Edmonton is going to take the best one, the Center.

But like you. The big Defenseman is big and rock solid plus he brings something that we have been lacking A BOMB SHOT from the point. Eric has a good shot from the point and Peter Mueller did when he was not concussed. (who has been cleared by the way) But now a third guy with that ability is huge.

Plus footer is retired, cumiskey is not going to make the roster and hunwick imo is one of the worst defenseman the avs have ever had. We need defense like the broncos need DTs....I think the take the biggest baddest one on the board. There are still some real sexy forward prospects at 11 that might be able to make the roster this year. Its a deep draft.

Buff
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
This team has been lacking at the blue line ever since the departure of Borque and Blake. Losing Foote only creates a bigger hole.

I know nothing about the prospects we are considering, but if all things are equal I think you have to take the defenseman.

dogfish
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
U, what do you think about huberdeau? the post says the club might be leaning towards taking him. . .

underrated29
06-21-2011, 01:12 PM
U, what do you think about huberdeau? the post says the club might be leaning towards taking him. . .

The french forward.

That guy could be amazing! His hands are Ridamndiculous! Totally different type of skater vs landeskog- He is smaller, like duchene, not a big mean PF....But his vision and hands are soooo sick. I personally would rather have him I think he could be great. He has been compared to Patrick Sharp and I see it. The one knock on him is he is not overly fast for a guy his size. But those hands and vision are incredible.

Personally if it was me calling the shots I would take him over Larson and get a stud D man at 11..But I thats just me.

HammeredOut
06-24-2011, 11:22 AM
My mock for the top 10.

1st. Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2nd. We can't miss on G. Landeskog or Adam Larsson. Should be G.L
3rd. Adam Larsson
4th. Jonathan Huberdeau
5th. Sean Couturier
6th. Dougie Hamilton
7th. Nathan Beaulieu
8th. Mika Zibanejad
9th. Ryan Murphy
10th. Ryan Strome

HammeredOut
06-24-2011, 11:30 AM
If anybody is going to be dealing the 8th pick in the draft to trade down, it would be the Flyers. The Leafs have 2 first rounders, and they could package up the 2nd rounder and swap with Philly. My guess, is Toronto will wait to see if anybody slips down in the draft like a Sean Couturier, Ryan Strome. If they do, then watch out for a trade. Philly has been scouting back end 1st round talent all season, and they are ready to draft late in the first round due to the anticipation of a good cup run.

underrated29
06-24-2011, 11:39 AM
did you see what philly did yesterday?

They traded richards and...balls forgot who else, for byzgalov..and the kings got the other guy...

Kings are going to be sooooo scary good next year.

Why do you want Landeskog hammer? Just curious. My money still says Adam, but I am for the french kid.

Broncospsycho77
06-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Flyers also traded Jeff Carter to the Blue Jackets... And the response here is ridiculous. Like Carter is the savior of that team or something. Well, at least an identity. Carter in center with Rick Nash on the wing could be a pretty potent line for CBJ, but Philly is making a definite few risks here.

underrated29
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
yep, carter is who I was thinking of. Carter and Nash is a big scary set there though. Columbus still sucks but thats a mean duo.

Not sure what philly is doing. They are so cap strapped now. They are only like 7mil or so in room. and they have something like 2 d and 1f to sign....Carle is probably on the outs. I would like to see him get moved, perhaps to end up here as a 'lanche.

Buff
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
So, ur, what do you want to happen and what do you think will happen with the Avs tonight?

weazel
06-24-2011, 03:40 PM
I would have to say they go with Larsson...

Edmonton should actually take him but looks as though they are going to take Nugent-Hopkins. Many believe Nugent-Hopkins will be a bust, lacks the motivation to make it at the next level... he takes a lot of shifts off. He looked horrible in the playoffs this season too.

underrated29
06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
So, ur, what do you want to happen and what do you think will happen with the Avs tonight?

What do you think?

I think we go
#2- Adam Larsson-Defense
#11-Joel Amria-big kid, needs polishing

Everyone seems to want Lando, but I just dont see it. But I mean EVERYONE wants him. Now I have not seen a lot of the guy, but I think people are tripping balls over the stewart trade and think we MUST get a guy with size...and forcing him as that guy. IMO we need Goals and game changers. I dont see him as that kind of player.

I still like Hubie and if we got him with Siemes at 11- I think we made out much better.

Hubie (the french kid) as I call him. Can change the game, he is slower but I think that can be fixed but his skills are creamy pants worthy. Seimens is a mean intimidator on the blue line. My style of hockey defenseman. Foget finess and offensive defenseman. I want a mean-stand you up at the blue line- come into my zone and your gonna pay defenseman. He has the mentality and could become that guy. He can score too.

underrated29
06-24-2011, 03:45 PM

Edmonton should actually take him but looks as though they are going to take Nugent-Hopkins. Many believe Nugent-Hopkins will be a bust, lacks the motivation to make it at the next level... he takes a lot of shifts off. He looked horrible in the playoffs this season too.

Their entire team is going to be small and fast if they do. The kings and sharks and bigger clubs in the league are going to absolutely destroy them if they do..

I still think they do.

dogfish
06-24-2011, 05:06 PM
well, let's see. . . a big hoss defenseman, a nasty power forward who doesn't necessarily have elite-level skill, and an average-sized guy with great hands. . .

hmmm, which of those is an avs type of pick? duh, obviously the offensive skill guy. . . looks like a no-brainer to me that huberdeau will be the pick, unless the avs are a completely different organization from what i remember. . .

dogfish
06-24-2011, 05:16 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/24/report-maple-leafs-acquire-defenseman-john-michael-liles-from-avalanche-for-second-rounder/comment-page-1/

we just traded liles to toronto for a second rounder next year. . .

underrated29
06-24-2011, 05:35 PM
well, let's see. . . a big hoss defenseman, a nasty power forward who doesn't necessarily have elite-level skill, and an average-sized guy with great hands. . .

hmmm, which of those is an avs type of pick? duh, obviously the offensive skill guy. . . looks like a no-brainer to me that huberdeau will be the pick, unless the avs are a completely different organization from what i remember. . .

Who knows now with Sherman pulling the strings....But as I said in the avs thread we are now 20 mil under the salary cap floor. Which means we must spend 20 mil. That is a lot, even if we looked at getting jonsey and fleishmann and whoever else...still wont equate to that. Even if we sign the rooks at 3-4 mil and make the roster so they count its still not 20 mil....I dont know.

Ugh- not liking this very much right now.

dogfish
06-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Who knows now with Sherman pulling the strings....But as I said in the avs thread we are now 20 mil under the salary cap floor. Which means we must spend 20 mil. That is a lot, even if we looked at getting jonsey and fleishmann and whoever else...still wont equate to that. Even if we sign the rooks at 3-4 mil and make the roster so they count its still not 20 mil....I dont know.

Ugh- not liking this very much right now.

wait. . . you don't want them to sign anybody?

you want them to be under the salary floor?

i'm totally confused now, homes. . . .

:confused:

underrated29
06-24-2011, 05:55 PM
no right now we are 20 mil under the floor. I def want us to sign someone or many but who I do not know. I dont know how they plan to spend 20 mil....Even with all our guys we could extend and rookies from who we draft we still wont get to 20 mil.

By dumping liles it put us 4mil more under the cap floor. Before we were at like 17 or something, but his salary off the books puts us at 20 under. I just dont know what we are doing now.

Oh well we got the draft in about 10 minutes or so. Hopefully something good happens.

dogfish
06-24-2011, 06:06 PM
any chance we sign a goalie like vokoun?

underrated29
06-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I have heard not, but the rumors sure make it sound like it. We supposedly really like the guy we called up last year. Picard or whatever his name is....but who knows for sure. Quite possibly since we need to spend money.

Do you or anyone know where I can stream the draft on my computer or phone? Im at work and want to watch and I cant find anywhere that will do it. It said NHLnetwork is streaming it but I cant find it anywhere on the NHLN site

underrated29
06-24-2011, 06:29 PM
balls. Its too late for me to stream now. I have to go get my son from daycare....

But anyone feel free to please update this thread with who we took. I can not stream the draft, but I can check in here to see who we got. That would be much appreciated.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
balls. Its too late for me to stream now. I have to go get my son from daycare....

But anyone feel free to please update this thread with who we took. I can not stream the draft, but I can check in here to see who we got. That would be much appreciated.

ST. PAUL, MINN. — The Avalanche tonight chose left wing Gabriel Landeskog with the No. 2 pick in the NHL draft.

A rugged, 6-foot-1, 207-pound left wing who played for the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, Landeskog is considered a blue-chip power forward prospect.

The native of Stockholm, Sweden, is considered one of the most "NHL-ready" players in the draft, with a body more filled out than most 18-year-olds.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18346968

underrated29
06-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Have we made a selection at 11the yet

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2011, 07:22 PM

Not yet - on NHL, Bos is up now - pick 9th

dogfish
06-24-2011, 07:36 PM

on the clock now, wild just picked D brodin. . .

dogfish
06-24-2011, 07:39 PM
we took siemens. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
AVS just picked Duncan Siemens

Denver Native (Carol)
06-24-2011, 07:43 PM
• In 2010-11, Siemens finished second among Saskatoon defensemen in scoring with 43 points (5-38--43) in 72 games and recorded an impressive plus-40 rating helping the Blades to a first place finish in the Western Hockey League’s Eastern Conference.

• At the beginning of the season, Siemens was voted an assistant captain, but chose to relinquish the role to his defense partner Stefan Elliott (drafted 49th overall in 2009 by Colorado) who was attending training camp with the Avalanche at the time of the vote.

• Siemens, played in 57 regular season games for the Blades as a 16-year-old in 2009-10, recording 20 points (3-17--20) and was named Saskatoon’s Rookie of the Year. He also helped Canada to gold at the 2010 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial with a goal and two assists in five games.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?csid=7Q4LLN

underrated29
06-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Thought so. I knew we would take him. We needed a nasty and he is it. Still would rather have had the Frenchman but landowners is fine too...so draft went about as I expected let's see what we do to bring our cap up.

dogfish
06-24-2011, 07:46 PM
looks like we added some size-- that makes me very happy. . . hopefully these guys bring some grit with it. . . .

it was ****in' cool to see sakic up on stage with the avs representatives. . .

dogfish
06-24-2011, 11:10 PM
NHL Central Scouting’s Chris Edwards (on Landeskog):

“He is a good-size guy who is solid on his skates, not afraid to take the puck to the net or battle for it along the boards. His skating is very good in all areas. He plays the game with so much passion, he plays the game hard, he’s a great mentor for players that are younger and older, maturity beyond his years. (He) doesn’t need one game in the American league next year — he should step right into the NHL. I think the team that gets him next year is going to get a player that helps them win a Stanley Cup.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/24/2011-draft-profile-gabriel-landeskog/

sounds good to me. . . sounds like a guy with future team captain potential. . .

but what's just as important to me. . . seems like every time i watch the playoffs, most of the teams that make deep runs have a couple of big hoss wingers that can go down low and cycle the puck-- guys that can crash the net, win battles in the corner and generate ugly scoring chances with their physical play when the ice is compressed and you're playing against good defensive pairings every night. . . sounds like landeskog could be that type of guy, along with enough skill to skate on one of the top two lines. . .

with very limited knowledge of the prospects, it really didn't seem to me that they could go wrong with landeskog, huberdeau or larrson. . . we'll see in a few years. . .

okay, somebody tell me who's available in free agency that we should go after. . .

HammeredOut
06-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Ironic both the Broncos and the Avs had the second overall pick in the same season.

The Avs may have hit the best player in the draft. This is a solid pick. The upside, is he can put up 30 goals, and 60 points with top line minutes next to P.S right now as a rookie. Im convinced he is going to be a 40 goal guy for some years after year 2 or 3. He looks alot like a young Peter Forsberg in the making. The most physically gifted with the puck, great drive down low in the cycle. His biggest asset is the ability to hold the puck down low and find the open pass. He has a quick release, and a great nhl caliber snap shot.

The biggest problem for NHL rookies is they can't handle the stiffarm down low and get knocked off the puck. Landeskog is a truck period. He comes from one of the best jr club in the world. The Kitchener Rangers have produced star after star. Think Al MacInnis, Mike Richards, Jeff Skinner, Brian Bellows, Scott Stevens, Derek Roy, Paul Coffey, Larry Robinson, Bill Barbar, Dale Hunter. The list of great players coming out of the Kitchener Rangers is endless.

I wasn't to happy with the 11th pick, I thought some guys on the board were a bit better, such as a Nathan Beauliu, or Ryan Murphy. The upside on Ryan Murphy could be through the roof. Murphy had 13 more points the Landeskog playing defense last season. Murphy is undersized and that is the knock on him, the same was said about Brian Rafalski after he averaged over a point per game playing for Wisconsin in his Sr. season. Everybody knew Rafalski was one of the best defenseman available after Pronger back in 93. Infact nobody really panned out except Pronger in that draft or had a great career. I would go along the lines of saying that Murphy is very comparable to Brian Rafalski. Both are great puck movers, and have a great first step, and move to make the outlet pass.

Duncan Siemens was an o.k draft pick. The little tape I did get on him shows he has a good physicality about him, and is a stout defender down low, with the ability to make a good hit. Im not sold on his transition game, and his first move to make the outlet pass, or a great motor to start the rush. This kid is atleast 2 years away before he makes splash in the NHL. He is the least NHL ready between Ryan Murphy, Nathan Beauliu, Oscar Klefbom whom was still available when we were picking at 11th.

underrated29
06-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Ironic both the Broncos and the Avs had the second overall pick in the same season.

The Avs may have hit the best player in the draft. This is a solid pick. The upside, is he can put up 30 goals, and 60 points with top line minutes next to P.S right now as a rookie. Im convinced he is going to be a 40 goal guy for some years after year 2 or 3. He looks alot like a young Peter Forsberg in the making. The most physically gifted with the puck, great drive down low in the cycle. His biggest asset is the ability to hold the puck down low and find the open pass. He has a quick release, and a great nhl caliber snap shot.

The biggest problem for NHL rookies is they can't handle the stiffarm down low and get knocked off the puck. Landeskog is a truck period. He comes from one of the best jr club in the world. The Kitchener Rangers have produced star after star. Think Al MacInnis, Mike Richards, Jeff Skinner, Brian Bellows, Scott Stevens, Derek Roy, Paul Coffey, Larry Robinson, Bill Barbar, Dale Hunter. The list of great players coming out of the Kitchener Rangers is endless.

I wasn't to happy with the 11th pick, I thought some guys on the board were a bit better, such as a Nathan Beauliu, or Ryan Murphy. The upside on Ryan Murphy could be through the roof. Murphy had 13 more points the Landeskog playing defense last season. Murphy is undersized and that is the knock on him, the same was said about Brian Rafalski after he averaged over a point per game playing for Wisconsin in his Sr. season. Everybody knew Rafalski was one of the best defenseman available after Pronger back in 93. Infact nobody really panned out except Pronger in that draft or had a great career. I would go along the lines of saying that Murphy is very comparable to Brian Rafalski. Both are great puck movers, and have a great first step, and move to make the outlet pass.

Duncan Siemens was an o.k draft pick. The little tape I did get on him shows he has a good physicality about him, and is a stout defender down low, with the ability to make a good hit. Im not sold on his transition game, and his first move to make the outlet pass, or a great motor to start the rush. This kid is atleast 2 years away before he makes splash in the NHL. He is the least NHL ready between Ryan Murphy, Nathan Beauliu, Oscar Klefbom whom was still available when we were picking at 11th.

See that's funny to me. I am the complete opposite. I like landowners a lot but I do not see his skill set as good nor o. Par with fopa .....we all knew is was landowners hunks or Lars...I wanted hunks but landowners is fine.....

However as I said before the draft we would take semens and I was right. He is perfect......I have to wonder if you remember who the avalanche defenseman are because you would never go for Murphy if you did.....just travel red liles but we have a shit load of offensive defenseman....hunwick, summers, ej is both bit still offensive......obyrne and Wilson are our big boys and they are not that good..fitter retired and lock despite looking good is not going to be the solid d man we need.....we have ZERO intimidating forces back there. All finesse, all small and all helped contribute to our worst ranked defense.

He is the player I am most excited about. Old school hockey defenseman. Take no shit, play the body and not the puck and make them think twice about skating in on hou because they are going to pay. He is also scrappy and will back up our skaters. Let's not also forget guys that muller has been cleared to play and we put him at the point.

Let's also not discount hushing who will definitely make the roster this year.

underrated29
06-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Balls on autocorrect.....I am doing this from my phone so when you see weird shit that makes no sense like landowners instead of lando you'll understand ..

HammeredOut
06-25-2011, 12:23 AM
See that's funny to me. I am the complete opposite. I like landowners a lot but I do not see his skill set as good nor o. Par with fopa .....we all knew is was landowners hunks or Lars...I wanted hunks but landowners is fine.....

However as I said before the draft we would take semens and I was right. He is perfect......I have to wonder if you remember who the avalanche defenseman are because you would never go for Murphy if you did.....just travel red liles but we have a shit load of offensive defenseman....hunwick, summers, ej is both bit still offensive......obyrne and Wilson are our big boys and they are not that good..fitter retired and lock despite looking good is not going to be the solid d man we need.....we have ZERO intimidating forces back there. All finesse, all small and all helped contribute to our worst ranked defense.

He is the player I am most excited about. Old school hockey defenseman. Take no shit, play the body and not the puck and make them think twice about skating in on hou because they are going to pay. He is also scrappy and will back up our skaters. Let's not also forget guys that muller has been cleared to play and we put him at the point.

Let's also not discount hushing who will definitely make the roster this year.

My point was Duncan is about 2 years away from being NHL ready. There was alot of talent available that could have stepped in and contributed right away like Ryan Murphy or the Nathan Baueliu. Both defenseman would have been that many more years ahead of progress then Duncan coming into the league in a few seasons. Ryan Murphy can run a powerplay, which Duncan cannot, and has never done. Nathan is already better then most current 5th and 6th defenseman in the league. Im not sure where the ceiling is at for Duncan. Although we know in 2 seasons he will be sitting on our 3rd pairing, when the others might have over 100 games under there belts.

I watched a ton of Ryan Murphy hockey, and he is the real deal. Henwick, and SUmmers don't have remotely anywhere near close to Ryan Murphys offensive talents. Not many defenseman average over a point per game in the OHL playoffs, and over a point per game in the regular season. Murphy is a special player. He needs gain about 25 pounds, and he will be premier. Liles never saw the top end talent sitting on the under development team, and never looked good enough to spend a top draft pick on. Infact it took about 4 extra years of college, and when Liles was about 23 years old, he finally made the NHL roster. Before that in college as a 23 year old, Liles was used to beating up on 17 and 18 year olds in college, that was never on a even talent level. Was more of just a man beating up on young boys in college. That is the main problem with college hockey in general, and how people rate players. That is why the OHL is the best league in the world for jr talent.

The Avs missed out on the 11th pick in opinion. It may be 5 years from now, when he might actually have a good season, if he has a good season. That being said, he will take 2 more years to make the roster, or have a minimal impact.

HammeredOut
06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Sorry Underrated, I missed your Duncan Siemans prediction before the draft. What thread was that under??

underrated29
06-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Sorry Underrated, I missed your Duncan Siemans prediction before the draft. What thread was that under??

Page one of this thread. I was asked what I wanted us to do- which was get him at eleven and then what I thought we would do

WTE
06-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Bruins are first Stanley Cup Champs to draft in Top 10 since the Isles drafted Patty LaFontaine in 1983 and get the big defenseman Hamilton.

I can't say I know much about the NHL draft but getting Hamilton at 9 appears to be a steal. Thank you Winnipeg!!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
06-25-2011, 03:32 PM

Wrong.

Let me start off by saying I was a Larsson backer and wanted him all season long until it became more than apparent that the Oilers were taking RNH.

Very few think he'll bust and he was easily identified as the best player available in this draft by a decent margin according to scouts. The only worry is his size (weight) and truth be told, he's so damn shifty and avoids getting hit so it's looking like that complaint is being completely overblown.

I've heard nothing but great things about his character. Lack of motivation? Taking shifts off? Where did you hear this? If that was the case there is no way we would have picked him. This team refuses to draft anybody who exhibits the slightest behavioral problem.

Their entire team is going to be small and fast if they do. The kings and sharks and bigger clubs in the league are going to absolutely destroy them if they do..

I still think they do.

Small? Small does not equal easy to play against or not tough. Hall is 6'1" and will be an absolute bull in a china shop when he grows into his frame. RNH is 6'0" - you may recall that the Sedins are similar in height. Adding muscle won't be a problem for him. MPS is a prototypical power forward - definitely not small. Then we have Hemsky and Eberle who are both tenacious and strong enough to hold their own quite easily.

The only player in our top 6 I would consider small in every sense of the word is Sam Gagner.

We'll see how small they are when they light up the Avs! :) :beer:

HammeredOut
06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Page one of this thread. I was asked what I wanted us to do- which was get him at eleven and then what I thought we would do

Duncan was the 10th ranked NA skater, so he should turn out in a few seasons. Everybody is saying the same thing as me, why would you pass up both Nathan B, and Ryan Murphy when they were still on the board at 11 on the NHL network. Im thinking that the Avs put so much scouting into Duncan that they were forced into selecting him because they knew very little about the other 2.

I see that you mentioned Duncan's name in earlier in the thread, but you didn't mention him being better then both Nathan B, and Ryan Murphy until after Duncan was drafted. So do you think it may have been a bad selection with these two players still on the board to still take Duncan over Murphy or Nathan B. And why?

underrated29
06-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Duncan was the 10th ranked NA skater, so he should turn out in a few seasons. Everybody is saying the same thing as me, why would you pass up both Nathan B, and Ryan Murphy when they were still on the board at 11 on the NHL network. Im thinking that the Avs put so much scouting into Duncan that they were forced into selecting him because they knew very little about the other 2.

I see that you mentioned Duncan's name in earlier in the thread, but you didn't mention him being better then both Nathan B, and Ryan Murphy until after Duncan was drafted. So do you think it may have been a bad selection with these two players still on the board to still take Duncan over Murphy or Nathan B. And why?

That's a gild question and yes I would still take him over Murphy and such. Murphy is going to be good but my reasons ares simple for shy I would still have taken him is:

We have no intimidating forces. One could argue Wilson and obyrne but really foot was the only one with the nasty.

We have a lot if finesse and offensive d guys already

Also its hard to score points as a emanating when the puck is in our zone the entire time because the big guys we are playing against are pushing us around ..as we saw last year.

Also we are in a rebuild mode especially with Sherman pulling the strings. So while Murphy does fall under the take the bpa but we do not need guys to start right away..we ars not a player away from serious contention.

And finally because I am of the old school defensive style even though I play offense. I like mean tough physical stand you up at the blueline punish defensive types. The authority. Its also the same type of defenseman that have a harder time with. He is a phenomenal skater just amazing and he can keep pace with the fast guys and still have the tenacity to beat on the power forwards ...he also os a pin point passer and can move the pick well....he needs a year or two...probably next year we will see him..he is soooo young he is only going to vet bigger and stronger

Once again this ks from my phone and autocorrect is they.

Broncospsycho77
06-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Fun fact: two players taken in the first round of this year's draft will be attending my school (Miami-OH) in the fall as freshman (well, depending on contracts): Connor Murphy taken 20 by the Coyotes and Ty Biggs taken 22 by the Maple Leafs. Both also played for the US National Team (U-18? U-17? Whichever it is.) 10 Redhawks were picked throughout the draft.

Even more fun fact: I'm great friends with Murphy's brother, so I'm super psyched for him, and even became a bit of a Coyotes fan from it, unfortunately.

dogfish
06-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Fun fact: two players taken in the first round of this year's draft will be attending my school (Miami-OH) in the fall as freshman (well, depending on contracts): Connor Murphy taken 20 by the Coyotes and Ty Biggs taken 22 by the Maple Leafs. Both also played for the US National Team (U-18? U-17? Whichever it is.) 10 Redhawks were picked throughout the draft.

Even more fun fact: I'm great friends with Murphy's brother, so I'm super psyched for him, and even became a bit of a Coyotes fan from it, unfortunately.

i wouldn't get real attached to that phoenix franchise. . .

at least, not as a phoenix franchise. . .

Medford Bronco
07-01-2011, 08:29 PM
any chance we sign a goalie like vokoun?

not going to happen now. Varlomov is okay but not top notch imo