PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL season predictions

RebelRocker
06-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd like to open the thread by wishing a happy father's day to all of the dads here on the board!:cool:

Enjoy your day of appreciation!:beer:

It appears that there hasn't been much activity on the board in the last few days, so I figured we could have a fun prediction thread for next season.

Here's my prediction

AFC West
Kansas City 9-7(I think they win the division by default because the rest of the division is some sort of rebuilding mode. Yes, I think San Diego is re-tooling and their window of opportunity to contend for a title is close to closing. I don't see them running over the rest of the division like some of the "analysts" think.)

Denver 7-9(I really want to put an asterisk by our record because I think our season will be dictated by when the lockout ends. If we miss games this season, I don't see us winning more than a couple of games, but if we have a full training camp and pre-season, I think we'll be better than what people think. We now have two edge rushers on D, Bailey's return along with Moore joining him in the backfield, Ayers will move back to his natural position and our overall coaching for the defense will be better. Team that up with a more consistent running game and regardless of who the QB is, I think we'll win a few more games than last year.)

San Diego 7-9(I think they're pretty overrated. They're probably going to lose a few key players(ex. Sproles) and most importantly, they lost their DC. We know first hand how drastically a defense can change without a good DC. We went from 7th in 09 with Nolan to last with Martindale last season with nearly the same roster on D. I think an inconsistent running game with San Diego's D taking a step back will hurt them this season.)

Oakland 6-10(I'm surprised that so many people think that they're going to kick ass this year. How so? New coaching staff, 29 FA'S that they need to re-sign and a more competitive division. I don't see them winning a whole lot next year.)

AFC North

Baltimore 13-3
Pittsburgh 8-8
Cleveland 7-9
Cincinatti 4-12

AFC South
Houston 11-5
Indianapolis 8-8
Tennessee 6-10
Jacksonville 4-12

AFC East
New York 12-4
New England 11-5
Buffalo 8-8
Miami 3-13

NFC

NFC West
St Louis 11-5
San Francisco 8-8
Arizona 8-8
Seattle 5-11

NFC North
Green Bay 14-2
Detroit 10-6
Chicago 7-9
Minnesota 6-10

NFC South
Atlanta 13-3
Tampa Bay 11-5
New Orleans 9-7
Carolina 4-12

NFC East
New York 11-5
Dallas 9-7
Philly 7-9
Washington 4-12

AFC seeding
1.Baltimore
2.New York
3.Houston
4.Kansas City
5.New England
6.BUFFALO(YES, I think they're going to surprise a lot of people this season. They lost a lot of games last year by a close margin. They have the same staff and core players in place, so if that D steps up this year, they will be a better team than you think.)

NFC Seeding
1.Green Bay
2.Atlanta
3.New York
4.St. Louis
5.Detroit
6.New Orleans

Super Bowl

Green bay 24 Baltimore 14.

MOtorboat
06-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I hope there is a season.

RebelRocker
06-19-2011, 06:48 PM
I hope there is a season.

I hope so, too. I don't want the taste of 4-12 in my mouth for two years.:coffee:

FanInAZ
06-19-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm with MO. I'm going to hold off until we at least know for sure how much, if any, 2011 season that will have

As far as RR's predictions, I'm not ready to write off San Diego yet. I think that they have a lot less question marks then we do and will probably be battling KC to the end.

Houston beating out Indi by 3 games? I'd love to see it, but I think that the Colts finish with at least a winning record and a play-off spot. I'm actually leaning towards the Colts winning the division again, but I can buy that this could be Houston's year to jump that hurdle.

I can see St Louis winning the NFCW, but I'm not sure about 11 wins. I'm also not sure about the NFCS being that strong. I can by anyone of those top 3 teams improving over last season, but I'm sure at least one of them is going to have an unexpected set back.

Detroit going from 6 to 10 wins in one season? That’s a pretty big jump for that young of a team to make. I’d defiantly like them to make it to at least 8-8 and falling short of the play-offs.

Your post season prediction, with the exception of you having Buffalo & Detroit making it, I think your predictions could be right on.

RebelRocker
06-20-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm with MO. I'm going to hold off until we at least know for sure how much, if any, 2011 season that will haveAs far as RR's predictions, I'm not ready to write off San Diego yet. I think that they have a lot less question marks then we do and will probably be battling KC to the end.

Houston beating out Indi by 3 games? I'd love to see it, but I think that the Colts finish with at least a winning record and a play-off spot. I'm actually leaning towards the Colts winning the division again, but I can buy that this could be Houston's year to jump that hurdle.

I can see St Louis winning the NFCW, but I'm not sure about 11 wins. I'm also not sure about the NFCS being that strong. I can by anyone of those top 3 teams improving over last season, but I'm sure at least one of them is going to have an unexpected set back.

Detroit going from 6 to 10 wins in one season? That’s a pretty big jump for that young of a team to make. I’d defiantly like them to make it to at least 8-8 and falling short of the play-offs.

Your post season prediction, with the exception of you having Buffalo & Detroit making it, I think your predictions could be right on.

Right, but let's keep this thread optimistic and say that hypothetically speaking, we'll have a full 2011 season.

I think this is Houston's year to step up. The Colts had a lot of injuries to their skill position players and there were rumors going around that Manning wasn't doing too well after his neck surgery this off-season. Combine that with an improved defense by Houston and Jax/Tenn falling into re-building mode, I think anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 is realistic for Houston.

As for Detroit, yes, they will be that good next year. They should have been 8-8 last year if it weren't for BS rules screwing them out of the two Bears games. With a healthy Stafford and an even more beastly D-line, I think this is the year they finally get over the hurdle. Do I think they'll make this magical run through the playoffs and to the SB? No, but do I think they can win 8-10 games and clinch a wild card spot? Absolutely.

As for my SB picks, I think that's a fairly safe prediction. If there's going to be a new team to have a "dynasty" in the next few years, it seems like the safe bet would be on Green Bay. As for Baltimore, I think they're the most complete team in the AFC. When the playoffs come around, they'll be the best built for a playoff run in the conference next year, IMO.

T.K.O.
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
http://home1.gte.net/~vze3q7dn/lombardi_trophy.jpg

RebelRocker
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
http://home1.gte.net/~vze3q7dn/lombardi_trophy.jpg

It's so close, yet so far away:tsk: