PDA

View Full Version : Quinn to Start for the Browns

spikerman
11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Brady Quinn gets the start this week. If I was throwing an inexperienced QB into a game, the Broncos are the team I would do it against. :tsk:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c326c5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Medford Bronco
11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
our chances of winning just increased from 15% to about 50%

BroncoJoe
11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Just heard that on the radio as well.

Should be interesting. I wonder who 9'er is going to root for...

:heh:

NightTrainLayne
11-03-2008, 06:02 PM
The only thing we have going for us vs. Quinn is that it's a short week. . .at least he won't have a ton of extra time to examine our "coverage" packages. . .oh. . .wait. . .nevermind, 10-yard cushions are an NFL QB's dream.

spikerman
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
our chances of winning just increased from 15% to about 50%I disagree. Denver has a habit of making bad/inexperienced QBs look like the second coming of Joe Montana. I predict that this might be the best game of Brady Quinn's entire career (including future games).

JKcatch724
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Blitz, blitz, and blitz again.

RunYouOver
11-03-2008, 06:04 PM
That'll add a lot of media coverage to the game, which was already going to be big as the first Thursday night game of the year.

Now, I'm not doubting that Brady Quinn could beat us, as a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did, but is anyone MORE worried about him starting than Anderson?

I'm not...

Peerless
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm sure he'll have a field day against us....

And no, that is not sarcasm.

Hobe
11-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Quinn and Cutler can have an interception derby! :eek:

Bronco4ever
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
That's not surprising. I was watching the end of the Cleveland/Baltimore game yesterday and the crowd chanted for Brady. If anything, I hope his debut is turns out like Jay's debut against the Seaducks (or his play in recent weeks would be fine too). I still shudder to think what Carson Palmer and company did to us on MNF a couple of years ago when he was green. I'll be hoping for the best.

underrated29
11-03-2008, 06:18 PM
are you effing kidding me?

THis sucks- my qbs in my other fantasy league:

derek anderson-quinn now starting
matt schuab- hurt, and out for reg season
kyle orton- hurt, out for a while

F******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Broncolingus
11-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Until the offense figures out a way to run the ball and stop turning the ball over, it wont make ANY difference who the other team has playing QB...this season has proved that ****-ing fact...

..and if it's close toward the end of the game, we can count on the defense not getting a stop when it counts, again, something this season has proven...

Anyway, I hope Denver gets up by a lot early and then we hope Cleveland doesn't get hot and pull close...

I worry about this being a blowout loss if we can't run the ball...

weazel
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Brady Quinn gets the start this week. If I was throwing an inexperienced QB into a game, the Broncos are the team I would do it against. :tsk:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80c326c5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

holy crap, the headlines are all going to be about how Quinn is the next Montana, after this game.

BroncoWave
11-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he had the best debut at QB in NFL history. Seriously.

claymore
11-03-2008, 06:53 PM
This will be a pure confidence game for Quinn. I might start him in my fantasy league.

Bronco9798
11-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Blitz, blitz, and blitz again.

Ha,that's funny. Blitz,,lol...

Bronco9798
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Even a QB getting his 1st NFL start can throw to his receivers when the D is playing 10 yards off. I'm sure we'll make Brady look like an All-Pro.

dogfish
11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
great. . . after he lights us up, we'll have to spend the week hearing about how he's the second coming of dan marino-- until he plays an actual NFL defense and comes crashing back to earth. . .

MOtorboat
11-03-2008, 08:23 PM
great. . . after he lights us up, we'll have to spend the week hearing about how he's the second coming of dan marino-- until he plays an actual NFL defense and comes crashing back to earth. . .

Exactly my thoughts.

:tsk:

Broncos Mtnman
11-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I think some of you guys are off base on this one....

I think Romeo just gave us a better chance to win than we would have if Anderson was playing QB.

CrazyHorse
11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I have a feeling this will look exactly like Ryan Leaf's best game against us.

Traveler
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Quinn & Matt Ryan will have their best games of the season the next two weeks.

Book it!

slim
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Quinn & Matt Ryan will have their best games of the season the next two weeks.

Book it!

Way to go out on limb...

Buff
11-03-2008, 10:22 PM
We definitely caught a break here... But I understand why people are skeptical that we'll be able to capitalize.

On the bright side--just think back to Jay Cutler's first start against Seattle in virtually the same type of circumstances... Remember the pick-6 he just threw up for grabs? Let's hope Quinn has some panicked "welcome to the NFL" type moment.

Peerless
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
We make Huard look like a legit pro bowler QB.

It's only a matter of time to make Quinn (Who is already better than Huard) look like an All-Pro.

Traveler
11-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Way to go out on limb...

I do what I can.

Broncospsycho77
11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Remember when Quinn exposed how awful Bates' D was last preseason? Browns won.

I'm afraid he'll do the same to Slowik's secondary "genius"...

red98
11-03-2008, 11:43 PM

I think Romeo just gave us a better chance to win than we would have if Anderson was playing QB.

All logic points to you being correct, and I hope you are.

On the other hand the Broncos have been known to defy all logic this year...

BigSarge87
11-04-2008, 01:03 AM
I agree Derek Anderson would have put up 300 yds on us, and Quinn won't. But he'll still have a hell of a day against us. Last time I remember seeing him play was in preseason against us and he through a lot of very nice passes. He looked very competent then as a rookie, and I'm sure he's got better since then.

That being said, I've hated this little ***** since I seen him absolutely screaming at his OC at Notre Dame on the sideline phone after he threw a pick. He just seems like a pretty boy spoiled little brat and I hope someone hits him so hard he pops his uterus.

LET'S GO D!! GET FIRED UP FOR THIS METROSEXUAL MAMMAS BOY!!!! (Let me know if it's against forum rules to call players names)

dogfish
11-04-2008, 01:19 AM

since i think brady quinn sucks, i would absolutely agree with you if i hadn't seen this efense make chad pennington look like joe montana, and matt cassell look like tom brady. . .

:frusty:

i just have NO confidence in that group, especially if the offense keeps coughing the ball up and making it harder on them than it already is. . .

i don't think quinn will be able to beat legitimate NFL defenses on a consistent basis, but unfortunately just about any QB with enough talent to get to this level is capable of completing short throws to receivers with ten yards of open space between them and the nearest defender. . . i don't see him making many plays when defenses are hitting him in the mouth and forcing him to make quick choices and fit the ball through small windows, but he's more than accurate enough to play pitch and catch with uncontested receivers just running through the route tree, which is what we've been inviting QBs to do. . .

weazel
11-04-2008, 01:23 AM
They could put Testaverde and Byner back there and kill this D