PDA

View Full Version : Cutlers finger still hurt???

sanluis
11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
After watching the highlights of Denver's game I wonder if Jay's finger is still jacked up? I mean some of those throws were really bad. Some of them were bad decisions. I think the finger might be still messing with Jay. Did anyone say if his finger is 100%? :confused:

LordTrychon
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
After watching the highlights of Denver's game I wonder if Jay's finger is still jacked up? I mean some of those throws were really bad. Some of them were bad decisions. I think the finger might be still messing with Jay. Did anyone say if his finger is 100%? :confused:

I was watching on a crappy stream... but the commentators made a few comments here and there about good spiral or great zip or something.

But he may still be struggling with it. I'd like to know... but they'd never be honest with us about it.

silkamilkamonico
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM
I hope not. They play again in 3 days. If it was bothering him yesterday, it will still bother him Thursday.

turftoad
11-03-2008, 02:40 PM

B4 the game, Jay said it felt fine.

That said, I wonder if Phillip Rivers has a sore finger also. :D

smith49
11-03-2008, 02:52 PM
cant blame the finger for not seeing the lb cheating over. sorry, i wish it was a finger thing, but from my couch, looking at a hd picture things in that department looked just fine.

sanluis
11-03-2008, 02:52 PM
B4 the game, Jay said it felt fine.

That said, I wonder if Phillip Rivers has a sore finger also. :D

LOL!! trouble maker! :D

I think Jay's finger might still be a little messed up. I know he would never use it as an excuse but he really jammed it during the NE game and that can take a while to heal.A jammed finger can make you worry more about it and can effect your game decisions. And it is really easy to jam it again.

Look at Jays completion percent ... only 52%. That is not like Jay who is usually well into the 60-65 plus range.

MOtorboat
11-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I wondered the same thing myself yesterday, just because of how off target some of those throws were...sometimes five or six yards, like the first interception, he threw it a good two or three steps behind Stokley.

But it was still a good throw, he wasn't throwing ducks, although there were a few. It wouldn't surprise me if his finger was still a little messed up.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
All reports throughout the week before the game said his finger was fine. I think we need to remember that in some of the previous games before his finger got hurt, some of his passes were also very suspect. He looks more to me like he did last year, before he was diagnosed with diabetes.

honz
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
His throws looked fine to me. He was throwing rockets with tight spirals, which he wasn't doing in the NE game after he hurt it. Jay just made some really bad decisions.

broncofaninfla
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
His throws looked crisp, He had several over throws and made some bad decisions though. I'd say that is all on Jay and not his finger.