PDA

View Full Version : You're only as good as your last three games

robert ethan
06-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Tebow was the top scoring offensive player in fantasy leagues over the last three games of the 2010 season.:salute: Holy multithreat quarterback, Batman!:beer:

Ravage!!!
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
wow, fantasy. That means almost ....... nothing.

robert ethan
06-17-2011, 05:26 PM
wow, fantasy. That means almost ....... nothing.

All it is is a quick calculator of overall offensive effectiveness. Once he became a starter, Tebow WAS THE MOST PRODUCTIVE OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL.

nevcraw
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
i'm finally convinced. Tebow needs to start.

Northman
06-17-2011, 05:59 PM
If he is ready to start awesome. If not, then he sits. Either way last year we werent winning many games no matter who the starter was.

Shananahan
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM
All it is is a quick calculator of overall offensive effectiveness. Once he became a starter, Tebow WAS THE MOST PRODUCTIVE OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL.
I realize you're trolling, but you're also misleading people in the process.

Rushing yards in fantasy football are worth more points than passing yards. I haven't looked at the real stats, but it's incorrect to say that he was the most productive offensive player based on the amount of points he scored.

NightTerror218
06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I realize you're trolling, but you're also misleading people in the process.

Rushing yards in fantasy football are worth more points than passing yards. I haven't looked at the real stats, but it's incorrect to say that he was the most productive offensive player based on the amount of points he scored.

Actually it depends on what type of league you play in. The league I was in Qbs made twice the points as runners. And Tebow did well for me at end of season, he scored more points then my other QB Brees.

Shananahan
06-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Obviously every league is a little different, but generally speaking rushing yards are worth more.

robert ethan
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Actually it depends on what type of league you play in. The league I was in Qbs made twice the points as runners. And Tebow did well for me at end of season, he scored more points then my other QB Brees.

This came from the Fantasy section of nfl.com. I think they use a variety of factors. Passing, rushing, scoring, all combined. To me it was impressive that over his three games as a full time player he was the most effective in the league. Not sure how pointing that out constitutes "trolling". :confused:

NightTerror218
06-17-2011, 06:22 PM
This came from the Fantasy section of nfl.com. I think they use a variety of factors. Passing, rushing, scoring, all combined. To me it was impressive that over his three games as a full time player he was the most effective in the league. Not sure how pointing that out constitutes "trolling". :confused:

I know where you got this, I posted it on a different thread earlier today.

robert ethan
06-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I know where you got this, I posted it on a different thread earlier today.

Sorry, missed that.

Shananahan
06-17-2011, 06:39 PM
This came from the Fantasy section of nfl.com. I think they use a variety of factors. Passing, rushing, scoring, all combined. To me it was impressive that over his three games as a full time player he was the most effective in the league.
Like I said, it's misleading.

You said:

Once he became a starter, Tebow WAS THE MOST PRODUCTIVE OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL.

Consider these numbers for the final three games of the season:

Tim Tebow - 850 total yards and 7 touchdowns
Eli Manning - 856 total yards and 7 touchdowns
Rex Grossman - 847 total yards and 7 touchdowns

For fun I could also point out that had Michael Vick played in week 17 he would have destroyed those stats (698 total yards and 6 touchdowns in weeks 15 and 16). Aaron Rodgers certainly could have as well had he played in week 15 (680 total yards and 5 touchdowns in weeks 16 and 17).

robert ethan
06-17-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm just going by what they said at NFL.com. Don't think it's a HUGE deal, but whatever their criteria are, they seemed to suggest that Tebow was the top guy over the three games he played full time. Remember also that he was starting his first three NFL games, for the second worst team in the league, under an interim head coach, on a team with serious injury problems and nothing to motivate them. That makes it a little more impressive.

NightTerror218
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Like I said, it's misleading.

You said:

Consider these numbers for the final three games of the season:

Tim Tebow - 850 total yards and 7 touchdowns
Eli Manning - 856 total yards and 7 touchdowns
Rex Grossman - 847 total yards and 7 touchdowns

For fun I could also point out that had Michael Vick played in week 17 he would have destroyed those stats (698 total yards and 6 touchdowns in weeks 15 and 16). Aaron Rodgers certainly could have as well had he played in week 15 (680 total yards and 5 touchdowns in weeks 16 and 17).

A 2 cents, none of them are rookies starting for 1st time.....that is a big difference.

Shananahan
06-17-2011, 06:56 PM
I get it, and it's encouraging that he was able to have that kind of success. I'm as excited about Tebow as anybody here, I just felt like clarifying some of the statements made.

Ravage!!!
06-18-2011, 11:01 AM
A 2 cents, none of them are rookies starting for 1st time.....that is a big difference.

No its not, because the criteria wasn't based on number of years in the NFL.

Shananahan was simply pointing out that the opening post was wildly exaggerating the truth, and clarified.

robert ethan
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
No its not, because the criteria wasn't based on number of years in the NFL.

Shananahan was simply pointing out that the opening post was wildly exaggerating the truth, and clarified.

If you're not happy with the nfl.com criteria for fantasy points, start your own league, make your own rules, hire people to run it, set up an extravagant website to popularize it, then proclaim whoever you choose as the top fantasy player for any given week. In about 10 years you may have the credibility to get your statements publicly accepted. But until that time, shut up.

spikerman
06-18-2011, 01:51 PM
I like Tebow (though I'm not sold on him as a QB yet), but I can't help but wonder if he had only played two games last year the title of this thread would have been "You're only as good as your last two games."

spikerman
06-18-2011, 01:52 PM
But until that time, shut up.

You do realize that this is a place to exchange opinions, right?

robert ethan
06-18-2011, 02:45 PM
You do realize that this is a place to exchange opinions, right?

I just posted a fact from nfl.com which reflected well on a Bronco player. Then it becomes "a wildly exaggerated" post?:confused: Someone else accused me of trolling.:rolleyes: There was no "opinion" involved, unless you consider the fantasy website's method for determining their scoring system to be based on "opinion".

It's not like I'm coming on and saying that Tebow might make it in the league as a third string linebacker or something.:tsk:

Shananahan
06-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I just posted a fact from nfl.com which reflected well on a Bronco player. Then it becomes "a wildly exaggerated" post?:confused: Someone else accused me of trolling.:rolleyes: There was no "opinion" involved, unless you consider the fantasy website's method for determining their scoring system to be based on "opinion".
What you posted:

What you should have posted:

All it is is a quick calculator of overall fantasy offensive effectiveness. Once he became a starter, Tebow WAS THE MOST PRODUCTIVE FANTASY OFFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE NFL.

It's not a big deal, but you shouldn't act like there isn't a difference.

Shananahan
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
And I guess I take back the trolling comment. I must have you confused you with someone else from previous posts.

broncobryce
06-18-2011, 08:14 PM
If you're not happy with the nfl.com criteria for fantasy points, start your own league, make your own rules, hire people to run it, set up an extravagant website to popularize it, then proclaim whoever you choose as the top fantasy player for any given week. In about 10 years you may have the credibility to get your statements publicly accepted. But until that time, shut up.

See, you made the mistake of making a positive comment about a Broncos player. UNACCEPTABLE.

Anyone on this team is terrible. If they were traded to another team, they are the greatest player in the history of the NFL, better than even Elway, because Elway played for the Broncos.

Shananahan
06-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes, sarcastic melodrama. The perfect way to argue your opinion.

broncobryce
06-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Yes, sarcastic melodrama. The perfect way to argue your opinion.

Sarcasm is my only weapon. That and of course my stunning good looks.

Canmore
06-18-2011, 11:51 PM
If all it takes is the last three games, I guess we are set with Tebow. :defense: