PDA

View Full Version : Team Ranking for All Sports

NightTerror218
06-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Here is a link from ESPN on team ranking on how much teams "give back" to fans from franchises in MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL. It has overall ranking, fan relations, ownership, stadium experience, ect. I think it is interesting that we average 86th overall for the Broncos. Since I have never been to a home game, i was wondering how other people would feel, I know since we left Mile High stadium experience is not the same (loudness).

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings#table

Davii
06-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Interesting little deal the put together there. Looking at their chart I definitely say I would take issue with some of it. They're ranking system is very subjective, for something like this it would almost have to be, but I don't know why they would weigh it in the manner they did either.

For instance, how does one go about judging owner loyalty to players and fans?

I mean, the owner is either loyal or not, so what's the difference between a 3 ranking (Steelers) and a 57 (Broncos)?

Another, why would the Packers, even though they won the Super Bowl, get the best ranking on stadium experience? The Super Bowl has nothing to do with that and i'm quite certain that Lambeau is nowhere near the best stadium in the league. Certainly the "experience" there factors heavily, but their definitions also say quality of stadium, emeneties, etc. is also factored in.

Cool little deal, but I just think it's way too subjective to really have any meaning to it.

NightTerror218
06-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Interesting little deal the put together there. Looking at their chart I definitely say I would take issue with some of it. They're ranking system is very subjective, for something like this it would almost have to be, but I don't know why they would weigh it in the manner they did either.

For instance, how does one go about judging owner loyalty to players and fans?

I mean, the owner is either loyal or not, so what's the difference between a 3 ranking (Steelers) and a 57 (Broncos)?

Another, why would the Packers, even though they won the Super Bowl, get the best ranking on stadium experience? The Super Bowl has nothing to do with that and i'm quite certain that Lambeau is nowhere near the best stadium in the league. Certainly the "experience" there factors heavily, but their definitions also say quality of stadium, emeneties, etc. is also factored in.

Cool little deal, but I just think it's way too subjective to really have any meaning to it.

I think it is interesting because when Elway played at Mile High I would have moved a lot of those categories higher, I just think in the last few years we have dropped off.

weazel
06-17-2011, 05:21 PM
you could role dice and come up with the same kind of numbers this thing did...

hamrob
06-17-2011, 06:47 PM
The Cowboys...#102 and the Raiders #104?

Please....those two teams should be way up the list based on history. Our Broncos should be as well.